The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And £3m is hardly going to buy any midfielders anyway, so your point is moot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its not. Say for a moment you are given £3m and £3m Only. Just because you can't spend that amount this week on a midfielder means you have to spend it on a keeper?

Even without Ronaldo/RVN sell you could make another £3m just by selling fringe players.. how much did Spector get you? And now you have £6m and you can go out and buy someone like Hargreaves.

Basically

a)SAF has been given only £3m - he's an idiot for buying a keeper with the only money you have

b)SAF has been given more - what the **** is he doing?

c)Apart from the £3m the only other money you are getting is from sales, and hence he must know he's getting a lot (i.e. RVN/Ronaldo are going, and not just relying on Spector type sells) otherwise he wouldn't spend all he has on a GK... in which case fair enough he has to wait.

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

so they're looking to get rid of foster?

right. I'm totally lost now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ON LOAN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

In theory that does work, as if the money is available the owner can tell the manager/club to just go out and buy who they want, instead of having to budget and decide if the transfer is good for the plc and the shareholders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder where it's falling down then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i just got an email from my supporters club and it seems getting to home games is going to be nigh on impossible next season due to the one year season tickets. thankyou mr glazer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn /o\

I'll probably get the same sort of thing then /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackbag:

wasn't Fergie interested in Thomas Gravesen at the turn of the year or was that just paper talk.

i haven't had a change to read all of the 105 pages but has be been mentioned as a possible signing.

would you guy be happy to see him in a utd shirt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No

After thinking a lot about the Rossi loan situation I really want Rossi to stay here and force himself into the side. I know he can. He has the talent. It may even be the making of him if he knows he's the main man up front.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Keith it's not hard to find a pub showing it.

I don't even know why you aren't coming seeing as you have a season ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is with in walking distanvce as i cannae be arsed to get a cab and its not good to drink and drive.

As for not going Mart wanted it, he did offer to get another though. I never left work till near 4pm any way so i'd of had to drive down which i couldn't be arsed with.

Driving down for Arsenal too and shockingly martin is paying for the cinema tickets saturday night </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such a <STRIKE>cute</STRIKE> gay couple icon_smile.gif

He's buying you cinema tickets, you're staying over.... Come on just announce it already icon_biggrin.gif

Oh & those are feeble excuses.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

because unless you rotate liverpool-style (and how well that's working atm :thup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll bookmark that for when Benfica beat you am I have more of a position to gloat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

We just drift along enjoying our 24 unbeaten home league game run really. Mind you, there's trouble when that comes to an abrupt end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't imagine a 0-0 home draw with the mighty Portsmouth brought much enjoyment tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

When you say 'snubbed' Mart, do you mean you just didn't go up to him or was he screaming "GET YOUR RICHARDSON AUTOGRAPHS HERE" at you whilst you nonchalantly pretended to be deaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically everyone lines up around these barriers and the players that can be arsed go along the line signing whatever's thrust in their faces. we just didn't hold anything out to be signed when he came around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the first half we played some really excellent football (probably the best I have seen at OT), and it was nice to actually see us dominate teams from the start like we did at the start of the season reather than sit back and expect a goal. Carrick had his best game for us I feel as well, granted he never had to deal with any runners from Villa's midfield but this left him to pick out the perfect pass and did so on numerous occasions yesterday, starting to look a good acquistion for the club.

Scholes , what more can we keep saying about this little genius , the best player to have never won a european cup in my opinion. He has superb vision and technique and just ran the game from start to finish yesterday and was unlucky not to cap his excellent performance with a goal.

Now on to Wayne, in the first half his first touch was shockingly poor for a player like him and obviously this is down to confidence but can we really keep playing him if he isnt in form ,especially when we could put another palyer in for him who isnt struggling for confidence. I think we should start with Larsson & Saha up front against Arsenal and drop Rooney as much as it pains me to say that (I am sure when he gets a goal he will soon be back to hist best).

MoM: Paul Scholes

2nd: Carrick

Honorable mentions go to Paddy Evra (who had a very good game) ,Gary Neville (looking near to his best form), Ronaldo & Larsson .

AFFG: Clearly Vidic is at fault (his first mistake all seaso for me) when he lets Baros take him on and cut inside, but some blame has to lie with Rio & VDS for not cutting out the cross and letting Agbonlahor nick in and score, so I would say its a toss up between Rio & Vidic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I agree with you gonch.

Also agree with you about the pessimism, find it really hard to stomach. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think optimism hard to stomach so I'll cope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guy on redcafe saying a news program in norway has posted a link to youtube and claims its Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQc3dkI-uBU

The video says its two different young kids but who knows. I cant see feck all but a black screen at work so Nick might be able to shed some light on if its him.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

You know, I can see Rossi being used as a wide man if he stays with us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Thats was the problem with his loan at Newcastle. They stuck him on the wing a lot.

He is not a winger and doesnt have the pace or amazing crossing ability to be one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived