The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i actually quite like that its our players being picked instead of yours, always felt left out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair that's more to do with us being fresher in the Spanish public eye due to playing three Spanish teams in the Champion's League.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Taz so innocent :*). Eagles wide right, Giggsy out left, dazzle to shine in the middle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Eagles on the left in a straight swap for Richardson as it is now and was in the last match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok your right, stupid fergie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

MANCHESTER UNITED ON TOUR: FIT-AGAIN MIDFIELDER THROWS DOWN GAUNTLET

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh what

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah i actually love benayoun but hes not what we need at the moment. reported fee is closer to £10m than 5 and with us doing the negotiating that would be closer to £15m all in.

id like a ball winning midfielder before a flair player right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have that new signing... peter scholes I think? to provide all the flair you need?

Me and ACou have basically decided that we want Gary Neville to buy United and make Phil assistant.

Gary Neville, bought the reds, bought the reds, bought the reds.

Gary Neville, bought the reds, he hates Glazers

icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

No Hargreaves!

No Senna!

Any chance of a last ditch Mascherano anyone? Or will I have to break someone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha as if Fergie even knows who Mascherano is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> United squad to face Watford

Friday, August 25, 2006

Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, O'Shea, Miller, Richardson, Carrick, Park, Giggs, Saha, Solskjaer, Rossi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Fletch love icon_cool.gif

Never thought I'd see the day when people saw sense icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm claiming the original fletch love bandwagon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

COME TO THE WALL XWIBBLY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, come to the wall. Burger vans everywhere. icon_wink.gif

And we've been promised Stella, too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonah being called a complete waste of space on the back of one game? icon_biggrin.gif

Even Bellion got more than that icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. It's absolutely my honest opinion and not in any way, shape or form a tongue in cheek riposte to a prominent member of the United thread's vaguely homoerotic love and devotion to him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonah being called a complete waste of space on the back of one game? icon_biggrin.gif

Even Bellion got more than that icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jones is the new Djemba (he's not even good enough to warrant the second 'Djemba' yet).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

As for the goals, second great ball from Ronaldo in a week for Rooney’s opener (for the record I don’t think it touched any Citeh defenders on the way through). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looked to me like it was a pretty obvious touch by the defender.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

It's also been good to have a natter about the match, and put aside the usual winding up aside for a bit.

Cheers. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, very much so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must have been drunk. icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Not just my bias talking, but they're all gash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah but I'm trying to be positive. For once.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Neville on the booers

When asked about the booing tonight he said this is what you come to expect from England fans after a poor result, thankfully I play for a club side whose fans are a little more accomodating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary icon_cool.gif

We're also not ****, which helps as well.

No mention of the Barca official pictured in ths Sun sitting next to Ronaldo's agent?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Or we're already there.

Here endeth the subtle post boosting that has seen me become a Semi-Pro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! Just checked my karma level and assumed it'd be like 2003 & apparently its 2043(+1 now) so I upped a level ages ago icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, mon United!

For what it's worth i think City should be safe already as they have two games in hand, but they could get dragged into the dogfight.

West Ham are definitely down, but i think both Watford and Charlton have shown a lot of spirt in the last few games and as a result i think any one of Wigan, City or Sheffield United will get dragged into it and possibly the lot of them.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Don't get why we need Gary Neville replacement. iirc Finnan, Richards, Eboue, Diarra, Gerrard and Agbonlahor are ALL better right-backs than him. Anyone we bring in will improve the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said you don't get why we need a replacement. It's obvious why we need one, as he's so rubbish everyone is better there than him, as you then pointed out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Whats the attendance like in the youth cup game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Over 8000 tonight, apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>thats all? icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Keane deserved it just as much after he got booked & dragged us there knowing he would miss it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Scholes would do the same if he was booked early on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

And to say we deserve to get relegated in honour or whatever of the memory of those who died </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who is saying in honour? its not in honour but it's definatly one of the reasons im ****ing myself with laughter at the state you lot are in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dunfermline Ath v Manchester United XI

Manchester United have confirmed that a Manchester United XI will come up and play at East End Park in the testimonial match for Scott Thomson on Wednesday 8th August. Half their squad will play in Northern Ireland, with the other half coming to Dunfermline.

Dunfermline’s new season will start on Saturday 4th August.

This will be an ALL TICKET match.

Ticket prices to be confirmed.

More details on ticket sales when finalised. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same day as the Glentoran game unfortunately, will have to choose, and in all probability Belfast > Dunfermline.

someone pointed out the other day we have friendlies arranged for the friday and saturday immediately before the community shield - wonder if they'll still go ahead.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

True but how much could we realisitically get for him? £7-8 million? If we pushed it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if we say £7m, you're talking about losing 30% of his value. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but it's all relative old man. If we sold him for £300k when his value is £600k we would be losing 50% of his value.

Selling him for £5 million seem fine. He isn't getting any younger, there aren't any ill feelings & he has spent time out through injury/form. I could understand if we wanted to keep him & teams were trying to coax him away but that's not the case.

Archived