The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more pictures of our new kit which may / may not have been posted before, one of which includes a little too much of Gary Neville's arse for my liking.

Giggs

Rio

Neville

Again, it may have been posted before, but I heard that the kit's only available for one season as it's a commemorative one celebrating the Busby Babe's first league title.

Haha, that's one of the best own goals I've seen in ages icon_biggrin.gif

Typically clinical finishes from Ole, good work from Jonah for Richardson's goal (which he finished brilliantly tbf), lovely stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goater666:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he said it was the worst moment of his career and it didn't send us down.

Law, such a legend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Razzler > Wakeyrocket by a disturbingly large margin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh please accept me Keyser i need your approval </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

admitting it is the first step wakey, it's ok

I think Carrick will do well for us - we have to ignore the ridiculous fee.

RvN going is a real downer - apparently he has wanted to leave for a whole season, and that might be reflected by his form last season. That said, he still banged in a serious amount of goals, and I'd rather have an unhappy RvN playing than an ecstatic Saha icon_smile.gif

I think he might go for 3 across the middle - Carrick, Scholes and hopefully some sort of terrier/battler midfielder in the ilk of Hargreaves or Gattuso. (I personally would like to see Nolan come to us). I think he'll play Rooney and Giggs/Ronnie off of a sole striker, which will probably be Saha or maybe Smith (as he can hold the ball up well, and lets not forget how well he did for us when he first joined and RvN was injured).

There is a rumour on teamtalk about Tevez - he'd be a good candidate for the lone striker role.

I also hope he kicks out the other not-good-enough players (Fletcher, Miller, O'Shea, Evra, Vidic). That should give us enough money to get someone else in the middle. If we lose Ronnie (help!) then we'll need a winger (Park aint good enough).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Didn't SAF say no world cup players for this game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, Rooney's not playing until Macclesfield on Tuesday

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Starting XI v. Barca -

Walsh, Parker, Bruce, Pallister, Irwin, Kanchelskis, Butt, Keane, Giggs, Ince, Hughes.

Subs -

Pilkington, Beckham, Scholes, G Neville, Simon Davies (?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

West Lower rules ffs, you get to sit with me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just seen the Stadium plan. I'm happy enough with West Lower now. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

BBB has a "We 8 Scousers" shirt? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with "gary neville is a red..." on the front.

fb story that james icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

O'Shea wasn't bad against Charlton. Did his job and didn't give the ball away too often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought he was pretty solid too.

Ah yes, it was gonch who was going to be THIS angry if we didn't sign anyone. Same difference.

And I agree with Mark regarding Jones/Rossi, the most important thing pre-season was making sure that the first teamers were fit, Jones was just unlcuky to be injured early on against Oxford/Macclesfield, can't remember which.

• 2 weeks later...

consequence of underacheivement.

plus not heard much booing lately.

also, past success is not protection from future criticism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so what in your eyes is underachievement?

dont get me wrong i have been miserable all day and yesterday but we are still 7 points ahead of arsenal after 5 games and 2nd. we arent going to win the league every season especially with chelsea around.

my opinion on the state of the club wavers but i really think a lot of people are spoilt. there have been mistakes made its true but at the same time whose to say a new manager wouldn't make even more mistakes? even the supposed holy trinity of benitez/mourinho/wenger arent exactly without fault as we've seen so far this season so why the rounding on our own manager?

this is purely based on footballing matters btw, im not interested in debating the merits of fergie's recent pr gaffes because we all know those have been ill-advised at best and unforgiveably stupid at worst (depending on your outlook).

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Pac:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I've got no problems with FC themselves, nor really with the supporters, though i'll never actually fully understand their reasons, i can to an extent see where they came from.

Hating FC United just seems pointless to me. utterly pointless. I don't really care one way or the other about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi u tit, remember me? you should care more about cardiff than these scum ***** u glory supporting sheep shagger </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why should i?

I've supported Manchester United since i was a toddler. I got into them through valid grounds which i do not care to go into yet again in an attempt to justify my reasons to an inbred hick yorkshireman.

I've followed Cardiff since i was 14 as i used to go watch them when i wanted to see a game, not being able to get up to Manchester on my own very easily at that age.

I still follow Cardiff and i'd say they were my second team. I'd support them strongly against any side other than Manchester United.

If you really wanted to be pedantic, you could tell me to support Newport County or even Rogerstone Rangers FC. Both more local than Cardiff too.

But then, you never were the sharpest knife in the draw were you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Just let nick edit the db and then upload it somewhere, you can have multiple different databases by path now.

Which you could do before, but it's just been made easier for simpletons to understand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arnt the DB now 250mb? Bit difficult to upload and dl that, or is there a way to make it smaller?

Nick, me and Blaine are going, might see ya down there icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grand, I'll keep an eye out for you.

I was talking with Gregg about editing the db and then letting people see which they were happier with, but yeah, that might be tricky if it's that size. I'll do a list of what I think's wrong when I get in anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can host that for you if you like - i've got 12g of server space with unlimited bandwidth that is pretty quick. better than using a myspace or megaupload type crappy site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome. Hoping to finish tinkering with it sometime tonight and actually start a game \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

5th May 1999? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering the manic atmopshere and the amount of stick we'd been giving him I can understand his reaction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He went down in my estimation a little that night, but i thought some of the hate that was thrown his way was over the top considering what a player he was for us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Got talking to some random Irish guy in Norwegian Blue last night. He & his mates ad been to the game & they all admitted that O'Shea has becomea dire player. Think that shows just how bad he has become when even his own countrymen aren't sticking up for him anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even Alilaw now thinks he's dire, nuff said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

hargreaves about 10 million too much, I'd rather have Joey barton for 5.5million thank you very much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, please. Sod off !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Gah that'll learn me, I didn't actually bother to look at who posted that. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I will stop now though, it's probably getting as tiresome as O'Shea vs Silvestre icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ah.

Liverpool result is good for us, in a couple of ways. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry lads, you don't need to worry about us catching you anymore.

It's OFF

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

saw a woman walk in with her kids to the Reading game 15 minutes into the match with 3 STUFFED full Megastore bags icon_biggrin.gif

I thought of all of you seething. Except James apparently who would have gone over and asked if she noticed the 2 for 1 on Saha lampshades? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends if they were stuffed with the mutilated corpses of the Glazers/Richardson, O'Shea.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

when is the roma away ballot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monday.

We've got an allocation of 17,500 for the semi.

I smell a chubbing icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

News footage from after the CL final </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was a pretty interesting video.

Chubbed for Everton. icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived