The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

I think Carrick could become a fb attacking midfielder, sort of like Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick hasnt got Scholes' instinct in making the right forward runs.He's more likely to make the passes than be at the end of the passes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by olipepper:

is there another sissoko-type player anywhere at the moment. i mean obviously not sissoko himself, but tall, strong on the ball, relatively unhyped about and very cheap, aswell as being able to perform well and consistently in the prem?

so to answer your question, no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Pat Vieira about 8 years ago? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm if that was possible. basically a younger, more agile, CHEAP, vieira

tb really h i still cant beleive were managing to keep putting this CM business off again. it actually makes me laugh seeing as weve been linked most recently with kusczyzyk and torres. Although weve sort of been linked with vieira, hes still not the man to replace keano is he.

*ahem* gattuso/mascherano/hargreaves *ahem*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Baptista_8:

Are Saha and Park likely to be regular starters for United this term? Tempted to put them in my dream team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless he's planning to play Rooney up front on his own (a big no-no) or Ronaldo in the middle, then Saha will be first choice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

The same arguments used to defend Fletcher can be used to defend Richardson tbh. Young, half his games or more played out of position... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. Richardson hasn't played anything like half his games out of position, and he hasn't been anything like as good as Fletcher when they've both played in position. The only one that's appliacable is age still allowing room for improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

so why was it all of a sudden such a big deal that he decided to throw his toys out of the pram? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he was the only 'big name' that was being 'rested', so perhaps he felt a little singled-out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was singled out, no doubt about it. The fact that he was dropped for subsequent league games peed me off more. It was a bull decision and what i've come to expect from him. I've lost a whole lot of love for him (and the team) that I won't get back until he's gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you ever stop to consider that part of the reason he was dropped for the subsequent games was his reaction to being dropped for that one, and in particular saying to the press after the Carling Cup final that he expected to be picked for the league games? If ever there was a comment likely to get you dropped by Fergie, that was it.

• 4 weeks later...

lads I got the "no ballot results available" thing over the phone for a game last month. never updated either, had to speak to someone directly before they could tell me I hadnt got tickets for it

this Liverpool one I actually have been told is "unsuccessful result" on the automated ballot line though

utter shambles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1-1 and not a disaster and a result that keeps us top but i cant help but feel we could have won it had we not invited Chelsea onto us while it was 1-0.

injuries to Saha and Ronaldo as well. We cant do with losing them both for the near future. one you can live with but two. icon_frown.gif

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Vidic

• 3 weeks later...

Let this be the end of that giddy w@nk, okay?

Taz is right, JM has the proper mentality to win games, to come from behind (and if one of you arseholes mentions 1999 I'll personally garrotte you) and Ferguson just doesn't anymore. Which is why we won't win it.

tbf, the fact that you get tickets doesn't really irk me as I'm not as long served as James is. what does annoy the crap out of me is you get the following at away games

- Blokes taking the Mrs for a day out and she couldn't gaf about the game and sits there bored as feck.

- People that sit there, yes SIT, taking pictures all game, why watch it through a tiny little screen, watch it on telly ffs.

- Foreigners blatantly at their first game, taking pictures, with their bags from the HOME clubs shop.

- People that won't sing and will instead criticise EVERY player that touches the ball, remember that fella from Sunday jim? icon_biggrin.gif

There was a fella on Saturday who took his LAPTOP and thought it impressive to show United fans that the day before he was the emirates stadium. You get people that travel without tickets and end up paying over the odds to a tout and yet the above ***** get tickets.

It's sickening.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

what do you reckon Vidic has for breakfast? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all those Vidic 'things' irritate me, apart from one brilliant one. He doesn't make tea, he chews a teabag and pours boiling water into his mouth.

Kudos to whoever came up with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coldberg I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I must apologise, I was going off the Sky Sports saying than the profit after all deductions was the £47.9m figure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So....back to my original point. How does a £50m+ loan repayment get serviced on a £30m profit?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

i ****ing love eric cantona, my favourite player of all time. such a hero its undeniable. keep every other striker under fergies era, eric was our most influential by an absolute mile. the ethos of arrogance paired with absolute ability and self belief brought success to fergies regime much more than anyone else did. eric cantona = greatest striker to wear the red shirt ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but he choked in Europe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

it is also possible that ole just had a bad game and there's no need to look for any other reason behind it other than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that too. no-one has said 'Ole's legs have gone' after any other game he's played this season iirc, deserves a few more chances before being pensioned off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James, I do apologise and will pay up, I promise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi what about me and anyone else you owe?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get the benefit of his friendship? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so do Jim and the other people he owe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno then. Maybe because Jim is a big lumbering giant of a man?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

"We are much better than Manchester United. The difference in points in the Premiership is just a coincidence. It’s just a matter of days before we are the leaders. I have done my calculations and we will finish at least five points clear of United" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not even sure what that means. icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rosslarkin:

Only thing that worries me is that Fergie seems content with the defence. As the back end of the season showed, without Rio, Vids we looked pretty vulnerable and with Gaby leaving it's one less person who can comfortably play in the middle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but firstly you can't buy top quality centre backs just to keep them on the bench should one of your first team players get injured. Your centre back partnership is arguably the one you want to play together most over the course of the season.

We also have two awesome youngsters who have had great seasons coming back both of whom are centre backs.

We are definitly stronger than Chelsea in that area.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I ended up walking home topless that night as my shirt ended up on a roof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if i did that you ot would fupping complain

again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cos your an old man who cant handle his booze iirc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not 30 till july mister and i can handle my booze i just choose to strip off after a few beers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Inter tickets.

Don't suppose they'll be covered by the ST ?

I'd like one, please, if anybody's ordering them. I'll pay up front, necessary. if </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait until mart returns and i'll see what the plan is

Archived