The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

I never said it was down to us, I said it was rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBH I do think it is bad but I would rather have our promising players getting experience by playing 20 games for a League 1 or 2 side than playing reserve football

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skybluedave:

Hang on a minute, why haven't you signed anyone? I thought you had like £25mill to spend every summer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uncle Malc needs round the clock care icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmymc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Nah - it's off oxford road BBB - near where the mancunian way goes over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talking about near Oxford Road anyone been in font bar? They sell Desperado so Im gonna make the effort to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desperado ifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

I'm going up the pub now...

eff off. I'm not saying I'd pick him for captain either but the ridiculous hate for him just cos he's a bit of a "lad" off the pitch is f**king annoying.

He's been excellent for us. We should appreciate that a tad more rather than calling him a c**t all the time.

i met a fellow red in london the other night and was talking about ronaldo and it dawned on me. by the time he is about 26/27 that kid is going to be some player if he keeps developing year in year out. just think where ronaldinho or henry were at 19/20 and it puts it into perspective just how good he could be.

frightening

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

the 84 barca game icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's weird, but until recently i more remembered losing the semi to Juve than that game. I seem to remember Boniek getting a couple of goals over the two legs?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was given Norway’s player of the year award in Oslo on Sunday. The award comes after Solskjaer made a remarkable recovery from three years ruined by injury, scoring six goals in 11 games since returning.

“I am incredibly proud and at the same time sorry that I could not be in Oslo with the other players today,†Solskjaer told VG Nett as he accepted the award in Manchester, where is he recovering from a hamstring injury.

“I did not expect to win this award, so I made other plansâ€, Solskjaer added. “But I hope I did not win this thanks to pity votes.â€

“I have not achieved that much in the second part of my career and this is the first award I have ever won. I am very proud of it, especially since it's the other players who decide who should get itâ€.

When asked why he thought his fellow professionals had voted for him, the 33-year-old suggested that surprise that he “managed to make a comeback for the national team as well as United," came into play.

“I don't know, I hope it's because they think that I have played well.

His club manager Sir Alex Ferguson also reserved praise for the player, who scored the winning goal in the 1999 Champions League final:

“We are surprised that (Solskjaer) managed to come back after his injuries, but at the same time, knowing what a good player he his, we should not be so surprised.â€

Solskjaer is expected to return within the fortnight after suffering the minor hamstring injury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Vidic wouldn't want to dilute his tea with milk.

He just chews a teabag & pours boiling water into his mouth anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahha i just nearly spat porridge onto my computer icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Can someone fix the page or can we post like mad to get it over with? BBB get to it son.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I wonder if it's the same as last season where me and only me said that we would win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give you one guess as to what I'll say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

0-3?

MotM: Carrick

Runner-up: Vidic

We played pretty well overall. We just couldn't match Chelsea when they went up a level. Our bench didn't allow that. Add to that the likes of Neville, Scholes and Giggs being knackered after playing constantly. They looked dead in the second half. I don't exactly blame this on Fergie. He could do nothing to combat it.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

"For six weeks or so, we have operated with my heart in my mouth, hoping nothing serious would befall Louis or Wayne," added Ferguson.

"It was a situation that worried me - as I know it did our supporters."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not totally oblivious then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah strangely that somewhat reassured me :/

although we shouldnt have been in that position to start with so yea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say "we shouldn't have been in that position to start with" but I think thats a bit harsh on SAF.

Lets face it, with Rooney and Saha clearly our 1st choice strike partnership at the start of the season after Ruuds departure and Ole & Smudgers repective injury histories, and Rossi's inexperience we all thought, with varying degree's of importance, that a striker was needed.

Then we hear Smudge has healed quicker than expected and is back in contention; Ole is raring to go; and Rossi's going to get 1st team football at Newcastle til the New Year. This was a gamble but Rossi needed games, Ole got back into the swing of things after the first 2-3 games and with Smudge not actually injured and the team in good form we thought we could bring him on when needed. All was looking relatively rosy.

This didn't become a problem until Copenhagen when Ole got injured again really did it? By that time it was clear that Rossi being at St.James' wasn't good for him or us and Smudge was technically fit but nowhere near ready to resume real competitive action.

Now the Smudge thing was a error no doubt about it, but I think everyone expected Rossi to get more out of his experience in Newcastle, and Ole's injury was unfortunate but if he in particular hadn't been injured would it have been an issue? And how many clubs really operate with more than 4 strikers in the first team squad unless they've reinforced due to long-term injuries and decided to deal with the overload later? At the point the window closed how many of us thought we weren't, at the bare minimum, in an acceptable position in as far as the credentials of the striking department went?

The point is Fergie can't really control 1 key injury & Rossi's move not working out (blame Roeder). The latter decision arguably stems from the error in judging Smiths condition but I don't think anyone would have expected him to come back in as such a pale shadow of his former self.

Anyway Ole's back now, Smudge is apparently coming along in the reserves, Rossi is coming back to us and Larsson arrives in the New Year (2/3 new signings \o/). We should just be glad its not cost us too much in the interim period.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(Mates 200m down the road were able to pick up welsh footy channels Big Grin). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to be able to pick up the Welsh BBC that showed all the national games. Think someone must have knocked the ariel because it's a bit fuzzy these days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

well lets just end this circular argument here

but needless to say I thought that whole match after the first few minutes was a complete joke and we shouldnt have to witness a performance like that. "fringe" players or not.

probably go out to Boro after making the same mistake again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't make a mistake /o\/o\/o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

John O'Shea to play up front icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ul Theis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bugger. Still great minds think alike.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smirky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smirky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This smirky guy has it right. Nobody else could get away with playing like Giggs has & not get dropped from the team. I don't care about sentimentality, Giggs shouldn't be allowed to get away with crap performances. Most of all because it makes me want ot self harm when I criticise him game after game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, the thing that bugs me the most is when he does play well how much everyone goes on about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, Giggs has gotten the most diverse amount of opinions I've ever seen.

The journalists and his peers have basically voted him as one of the best players in the league this season. Whereas for the majority of Man Utd fans he has been useless bordering upon sometimes good.

Now I've been one of his fans this season (I'll admit he's had some ******* games such as the FA cup final) as I believe at times he has been one of our best creative sources in the team. A lot of what he's tried has failed but he's also came up with a huge number of assists (wheres the last stats roundup) that have been crucial to our success.

One of the best cases of this was the Roma game. A couple of people who went to the match came back saying Giggs was utter ********, losing the ball all the time. Yet he set up 3/4 of our goals that evening, at least two of them with inch perfect balls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The number of times he insists on flicking a ball behind him/around a corner, without looking is stagering for someone of his ability. The number of times i shout FFS GIGGS!! in a match has trippled since christmas.

Im not arguing he cannot deliver inch perfect balls, but as a small example, how many corners did he take in the final. 3, maybe? I dont know exactly but all of them were utter gash. We have Carrick on the pitch who should have taken over, but, didnt. If it was Ronaldo consistantly wasting opportunities to get the ball in the box the commentators would have been straight in to make a comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love this guy icon_biggrin.gif I swear he is not an alias account of mine icon_biggrin.gif Pretty much word for word my opinion on the whole Giggs situation.

Archived