The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Rossi and Pique still -8's in the new data icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs icon_biggrin.gif

I reckon this researcher guy is trying to sabotage us in the game. Arsenal get -10's all over the shop and a talent like Rossi gets -8 icon13.gif

Any chance you could tell us what Gibson and Jonny Evans are?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'I am calm, I know I have done a good job and I've grown a lot in this World Cup, from a physical point of view and a mental one. In the next few seasons I will be even better.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steroid scandal, anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Real step up Ruud bid

By Adam Marshall - Created on 13 Jul 2006

Reports in Spain claim Real Madrid are stepping up their pursuit of Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Respected daily Marca insists the Dutchman has agreed to quit Old Trafford in order to head for a new challenge in La Liga, although the two clubs need to agree a fee.

Van Nistelrooy's future at United has been shrouded in doubt since he was left on the bench for the Carling Cup final against Wigan Athletic, and then axed for the season finale against Charlton Athletic.

The Dutchman wanted to figure in Roy Keane's end-of-season testimonial but was also forced to sit that out too.

Although Sir Alex Ferguson has stated that he expects the Holland hit-man to return to the club after his post-World Cup break, a number of top clubs are bidding to discover whether the former PSV Eindhoven striker is available on the transfer market.

Bayern Munich are confirmed admirers of his talents but Real, under the new regime led by president Ramon Calderon, are determined to bring in some big-name signings after some of their pre-election promises appear doomed to failure.

Juventus defender Fabio Cannavaro is believed to be top of new coach Fabio Capello's wish list but news emerging from the Spanish capital is indicating that van Nistelrooy is also a leading target.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=402759&CPID=23&...eal+step+up+Ruud+bid

No quotes or anything but still more speculation, not sure where that would leave us re Hargreaves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Strange that Fletch is wearing 7 and yet Ole has his usual 20... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they have tour squad numbers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or that Fletcher is your number 7 for next season and you're basing a midfield around him icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Anyone coming FC vs AFC Wimbledon this Saturday? £7 in, think Mart said he might be, should be good craic with the Wombles and a top atmosphere icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rip off Sunday League sides are better & thats free </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concessions are £5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Jimlad, want to write my dissertation? It's only 7,500 words :thup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! I laugh at your paltry wordcount! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, when's it due & what aspect of the law are you doing it on?

Daft thing is if there was a big enough financial incentive and I had about a month to read around the subject and another two weeks to write it I'd probably consider it! Unfortunately that would debase the education process and would, on the whole, be wrong. icon15.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not concrete yet, the idea at the moment is a paper on the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme, the board in the news around the time of the Londom bombings because the victims complained that it took ages for them to get anything and when they did it wasn't very much. The real irony being that they got much more, much quicker than is the standard. Not sure exactly what angle to take yet, there are 3/4 areas I could do.

If I can't find enough information on that I could always switch it to one on corporate manslaughter or something, I know loads did that last year icon_biggrin.gif

Will have until January to do it I think.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

Haha.. did anyone see that on SSN? Rooney arrived at carrington.. A little kid asked for his autograph, Rooney leant out the window ready to sign but then pointed at the portugal shirt the boy was wearing(.. with no. 17 on it) and just drove off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet the kid was a plant from The Sun, bunch of winkers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney probably guessed it as well and decided to give them something to write about.

I heard them on talksport this morning, really trying to show there was dislike between the two that goes all the way back to Rooney at Everton when they played us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

He's not that young. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's 25 isn't he? That's young to me icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I love how you've slated Liverpool fans, then gone on to say how much better their midfield is actually icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I noticed that icon_biggrin.gif Not exactly a "sonning" was it.

so assuming none of the current injured players (bar o'shea who just had a dead leg) make it in time for fulham, and scholes and rooneys bans are upheld who do you think we will/should play?

could look something like:

van der sar

bardsley

brown

o'shea

evra

park

giggs

senna (?) - if not fletcher

ronaldo

rossi

saha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

So who's the arrogant one pretending he doesnt care that hes in a photo with internet message board geeks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The most arragont of them all... Nick. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He looks so young, fresh-faced.. full of *****

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

It is tricky, I agree. Get in touch with one of the South Coast clubs. They've always got a spare seat and will welcome an extra £20 in the kitty. Beats paying an arm and a leg for a train or driving. Just an idea icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it doesn't, at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should've added a cheeky "imo" I suppose.

IMO, the train sucks - I get it every day and it's a rip off. And why would I want to drive for god knows how long and then not be able to drink all day then have to drive back?! Just my opinion though icon_smile.gif

Got to love waking up knowing you were meant to do something but not knowing what it was icon_biggrin.gif

Martin I take it you have the guys number who got myself & Jules the Tottenham tickets? Was supposed to ring him today about possible Arsenal ticket/s but I only jsut remembered. I also forgot to get his number from Jules during the match icon_frown.gif

<--- Idiot

I am in work really late tonight so if you could be a pal & give him a text/ring if you have his number for me that would be super icon14.gif

Also it's my turn for the beer at Celtic?

Really disappointing performance yesterday. Not so miffed about losing to Arsenal, more the way we went about it. Arsenal are and always have been a great side and I must say their midfield looked excellent yesterday, but we had no passion or belief. One of those days I suppose.

Still, 7 points ahead of the Gooners after 5 games ain't too bad. Just worried that after Chelsea's "poor" start, they're still only a point behind us!

My ratings are:

Kucscak 7

Neville 7

Silvestre 6 Evra 6

Rio 6

Brown 4

O Shea 4

Fletcher 6

Scholes 6/7

Ronaldo 6

Rooney 5

Saha 7

Saha seemed to be putting in a lot of work with no result. Scholes looked tidy but had nothing to work with in the middle, why Fergie took him off I'll never know. Rooney didn't get involved and we really missed Giggsy.

Bring on Reading, me thinks they could be in for a hiding! angryfire.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

see you there.

went a few years ago, really enjoyed it.

when is it dude? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's 30 June. Wigan, Man U, Man C, Bolton this year.

Got my tickets a few weeks back icon_cool.gif

Was going to ask then but forgot. Only remembered when i read on our official website that Colin Greenall was our first player to be confirmed to be playing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

BBB - were you at the game tonight? Were you sitting beside some asian bloke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was, but i don't think he was, if that makes sense. you'd not see him on telly anyway, he's way up in tier 2.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, but the trouble is i have no experience in the relevant field, which i did in the one i thought i was going for (no, it wasn't a bed-tester). if i was the only candidate i reckon i did well enough for them to think they could take a punt on me, but there were 10/11 of us, and all the others had relevant experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I don't really see it as a 451 not in the sense that most English clubs use it. It's generally more of a 4231 that the Spanish clubs particularly Barcelona use a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kind of a 4231 as well as 433 and 451 icon_biggrin.gif

it's ridiculously fluid at times. find lots of our players go to the right.. the left... up top... drop deep... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At times when we've played it with a really attacking mentality, the football has been fantastic, it must be so hard to defend against when the front 4 are all rotating around from right to left with Scholes/Carrick willing to roam forwards at will as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roma :**)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

he will be fine once u get into the routine. my brothers punctuality is awful but he is quite good at his job so he now starts at 11 finishes at 7, u should see if u can get something similar to that tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where your argument falls down tbh Jules.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived