The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dizzie Rascal:

Its still relativly early yet but i do share a bit of concern and thats mainly down to the midfield quandary

getting Mascherano would be awesome, but its all quiet on that front which is unnerving

wouldnt mind Carrick, only on th condition that we bought someone else in as well, since he isnt a box to box middie or a dmc, more a poor mans pirlo. he'd still be infinately better than what we have at the minute

Hargreaves wouldnt be bad, again as said before a massive improvement over what we have.

The Diarra talk has all but stopped as well, any news on that?

Cambiasso would be my call but absolutly no chance gettin him. icon_frown.gif

the Ronaldo front? my first reaction was meh inevitable tbh, never could see him being here for 5yrs+. If he has actually said what was quoted then no point keeping here, but i'd still want a fair offer for him at the least 15m+

Maxi as his replacement? not to sure, dont get me wrong Maxi is fb at what he does short sharp passes, excellent of the ball runs and tracking back, but im not to sure he is a true winger ( beating his man , gettin to the byline and crossing) which is what i'd want to see

getting Torres would be nice as long as fergie doesnt gloss over the Central midfield area icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves? You are having a laugh surely. I rather we give David Jones a decent run in the side to show us what he's capable of than resorting to buying Hargreaves.

Cambiasso? Remember the time when Veron played for us? I maintain that only tough tackling Argentines i.e. Heinze can make it in the EPL.

Its the media wanting a scapegoat for the world cup exit, in 98 it was Beckham and the only shock now is its not Rooney.

I wish people would shut the **** up. Wayne hardly got sent off because Ronaldo asked for him to be. if he asked for a friend to be carded its not the greatest but they will get past it. The media is making it into this big thing when in all reality its **** all.

Might go. Can't see it selling out so I'll decide in a few weeks - if it's fairly cheap then I don't see why not.

If we've not signed anyone then it might be a useful opportunity to give Sir Alex a kick up the arse.

Update: 29 Minutes

Richardson back flick deflected just over.

Throw in goes short to Scholes on the right of their box. Scholes plays a great one-two with Fletch and pulls a great ball across the box which Richardson tries the flash back flick into the goal but the defender behind him makes a great block to send the ball over the bar.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

Giggs is agreat player, and can still do agreat job for us .

his so called "loss of form", has alot to do with him being moved from the left wing to god knows where. he needs to play as aleft winger week in week out and he will be fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get to bed son, no supper for you.

His loss of form was while he was playing left wing week in week out, his form only picked up a bit when he moved into the middle at the end of last season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

I really hope we don't get him. Would rather sign David Healy back then get him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pah

Michael Bridges>>>>David Healy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Originally posted by Coldberg:

For £5 mill I wouldn't mind him but there is no way he would come to us & sit on the bench. Whenever I have seen him I always thought he was a good striker, nothing special but a decent player.

His goalscoring record in Italy is way better than I thought it was though. I don't want him signing for us though. Seems to much like Saha for my liking & if I signs I thinks it's either/or than both of them playing together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's nothing like Saha. He's an inferior Ruud, you couldn't really find a striker more like RvN in terms of style. Comes alive inside the penalty area but his contribution outside the box is utterly negligible and he's always struck me as even moodier than Ruud, much more likely to go missing/not be arsed, much less likely to identify with the fans and look to lead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant that he had pace & was good in the air. Ruud just stood there & waited for the ball to come to him, whilst I thought Trezeguet was the kind to run into the box looking for the header.

But yeah I don't want him.[/quote

No Nick is right, Trez isnt anything like Saha.

Oh I think in terms of the players developments, the loans will benefit them, it's just that at present it leaves us a little thin and a few injuries will expose that.

Given that I don't see us winning the title anyway, if the likes of Rossi/Martin/Bardsley all come back with European experience and full of confidence, then I'll be happy.

We'll just have to hope we don't pay too much for it in the short term.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nothing will happen on Saturday, the majority don't care and will still sing "Every single one of us" he's sold out big time, he could have stood down when he was "opposed" to the takeover and gone down as a hero, instead he stayed and is killing his legacy/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your deluded if you think that ever crossed his mind. thats utter ********, its non senseica if you think that was the best thing for the club. The club would've turned into complete turmoil if he had resigned and come out and said what?

There are similaritys to this about when we floated on the stock market? Would you have expected him to resign then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would it balls have gone into turmoil, we've recovered from bigger.

Call me deluded again and I'll lamp you on Saturday icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

you wear womens clothes and you go to bars? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talking of which, you still on for Saturday?

I’m going to that gig in Brum in the evening so meeting there in the afternoon would be best for me (if it’s OK with you?)

• 1 month later...

Part II

Gooner Keyser turning on his own

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Not sure whats worse, joe_cole in general or people trying to prove he could have AS /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh you're a lot worse </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

harsh icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but fair, I feel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never quite got the rage here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

oh ffs, kusczack only on loan in exchange for 2 good prospects AND future fee?

given that ben foster will probably be good enough to come back and be number 2 next season we've effectively paid west brom for 2 of our players.

you couldn't make this kind of crap up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Hell, anyone would think we'd given them van der Sar and Ferdinand icon_biggrin.gif

We'd have got half a million AT MOST for those two players, if we were lucky. Very lucky. Half a million for a backup keeper with premiership and international experience is bad business how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exception to prove the rule

Or - and I think this is a first - what Taz said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On Ronaldinho’s current form…

Christ, I swear if we went out and signed Ronaldinho for a fiver and a packet of prawn cocktail Walkers people would find fault with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Hargreaves will sign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly true

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

Man Utd seem to have got a good deal. You lot are weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Rob, your support is appreciated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

lads off on hols tomorrow so wont be about to give you the traditional good luck pre season message so

good luck you hideous collection of massive *****, I hope you win **** all (or worse the league cup again) and generally have a shlt time

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you let your country down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least someone cares

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

can whoever's getting the beers in get a purple fruit shoot for Matt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, wp me I feel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The Senna deal to blatantly collapse.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Foster in the England Squad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

And Wes icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\/o\/o\

and Homohair aswell icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

jesus christ Richardson in the England squad? MADNESS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least one of us was happy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ahahaha

Silvestre has signed a new deal til 2009 \o/

Park Ji-Sung has extended his too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Humble pie ifb

Why did we sign Evra? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just makes the signing of Evra look utterly baffling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And gonch redeems himself

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

but silvestre \o/ somehow ive grown to love his kidney shaped head. he won't mind sitting on the bench for a while either which is all good so im not that fussed by the news. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

in gill we trust </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To do things like this

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

they've managed to spell my name wrong though, kudos icon14.gif

I was just waiting to see what they ****ed up.

I'm Mr R J Jones instead of Mr R C Jones </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have known that he’d leave early

I realllllllly can't be arsed today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

christ almighty Miller, just retire </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on it seems

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Evra's been excellent this preseason tbf, maybe earlier on was just teething problems \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I love Silvestre more than anyone, but a line has to be drawn :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

you know i think Mickey is one of the best attacking left backs in the world. he can put in some great crosses, he can play the killer passes, and he has won us games from that

position attacking wise.lost afew as well tbf

but as aCB we lose so much of what he has to offer, and in that position he can only lose us games cos he lacks the 100% concentration needed .

i know many of you will jump at me and say that gabby is better and yes defensively he is but he can't win us games attacking wise like selvestre can </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes it is

oh come on this isn't that bad is it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disgraceful

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by BBB:

Fans that will pay loads for a ticket and just sit there and do nothing all game, then leave 15 mins early

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I HATE people like that icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wahey!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

BBB did you go to OT today?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only for half an hour apparently </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Meanwhile, to get Taz onside merely slate new signings before they've even played \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I slated Carrick before hed even signed. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gone but not forgotten icon_cool.gif

Ruud scored a pen last night icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud :******) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

SENNA EXPECTING UNITED SWITCH

Mon the move not collapsing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Mon getting Hargreaves instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart so accommodating

feck off you scouse bastard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brutality wins out icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

From football365 but thats not important.

As the decision for Louis Saha to start the season alongside Wayne Rooney's strike partner was taken six months ago, Fergie's only strategic poser is whether Wes Brown or the brutal Nemanja Vidic should be Rio Ferdinand's first-choice partner.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don’t be silly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

any chance of us actually talking about real football? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, unlucky

Jonah icon_cool.gif

The only bright side to Scholesy's ban is possible games for him \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theme of the season

Mart deciding to leave early </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two weeks to go and hope beckoned!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Bends:

BBC tickers just come up saying that we've made an offer for Hargreaves

COME ONE FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might get slightly giddy if we sign OH

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves WILL happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

MAKE.IT.HAPPEN

Man it's times like this i'm glad we no longer have Cuddly Pete doing negotiations for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, we'll get Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, we'll sign him.

fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and it'll be this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HARGREAVES TO SIGN ON THIS PAGE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how spooky icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrgrapefruits:

EXCITEMENET - WAHOOOO

Sorry for all the shouting. I just knew this whole Senna thing was a smokescreen for something else.....get him signed fergie. After the England game though so he doesn't break his leg pelase icon_biggrin.gif thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Come one Miller ****ing off now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No wonder they sacked him

Right, Charlton have just signed Fat Andy Reid from Spurs for a whopping £3m. Add to that £2m each on Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye. SURELY we can persuade him Liam Miller is worth at least a million? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proving the doubters wrong is awesome

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

Giggs basically finished then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never knew that you felt that way

oooooh DP your greaaaaaaaaaaat

ooooooooh DP I loooooooove you

ooooooooh DP Bellamy is coooooooooooool

ooooh DP smooch smooch

oooooh DP you're sooooooooooooooo good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harsh on Mart I feel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Why do people insist on feeding the trolls icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reality starting to sink in on the OH front:

Being denied Hargreaves and having Senna tell us to f**k off on this page then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have done /o\

I'll bet a tenner that he's signed by the end of next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. I'm tempted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my element

Lets get the pessimism back in \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had to be said icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Typical wall action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha whose that ugly **** in the middle....oh wait icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ryan’s youthful looks getting stick too

when you back at school ryan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ryan is freakishly skinny tbf. At the football meetup I feared for his life after seeing how small he was comapred to some. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where Rcjuk is concerned the sooner the school holidays are over the better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the tiny bit of bum fluff on the upper lip is the only thing that stops him looking about 9. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’m far too covert for you I’m afraid

And all you camera-wielding bastards can sod off icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

thought it was carricks shot the led to ronaldos goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carricks shot hit Fletcher, who did a beautifully controlled lay off with his arse to Ronaldo.

• 2 weeks later...

Ronnie did alright. clearly not as awesome as in other recent games, but he was still arguably our most dangerous forward. didn't help that newcastle clearly wanted to try and kick him out of the game, the crowd were getting on his back for having the temerity to be constantly fouled and the ref was offering nothing in the way of protection for him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

How many positions has O'shea played for us now?

All but right wing and striker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could swear he played up front for a few minutes once, during a 'everyone - striker. now' moment.

That probably doesn't count, but still. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm pretty sure he's loafed his way around up front for us once too.

• 2 weeks later...

Ole would count as assimilated wouldn't he?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is something that somebody might be able to clear up - I distinctly remember something about an assimilated player had to play 5 years in the country of their team. Also there is the bit about 3 years in the youth setup of a team from their teams country. I don't know though whether you need to comply with both these rules or just one of them icon_confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does the watery street place in Italy have a football club? that'd be a qn away trip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venice? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdBed:

If your lot & Watford were to meet in the final would Ben Foster have to sit it out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes he would

He will also miss out on the Semi final when we draw them

I don't think the rail line is that much of a problem. The work could easily take that into account and it could be worked around and into the stadium.

The biggest problem is

a) The houses we'd need to buy and knock down to redevelop the stand

&

b) the fact that we'd be encroaching further on the residential area. Something that will cause problems.

• 4 weeks later...

aye but if we're 3-0 up with 10 minutes left then he can pick up a booking, but with it being the semi, if we guarentee safe passage in the first leg we can always rest them in the second leg anyway, then it doesn't matter once it gets to the final. Plus we can always have on the bench for the second leg, save taking Richardson.

• 3 weeks later...

What can you say after that? I've been far more gutted after games where we've flattered to deceive and just missed out, but we were never at the races. No blame to Fergie for playing Vidic, i don't think he had much option, but the lack of changes and the lateness of the one we made was poor. Special mentions to Carrick and O'Shea for being worse than their woeful teammates, but the first prize in that category goes to Giggs. possibly the most abject big game performance by a united player i can remember, just totally awful from start to finish.

I could mention the ref in the second half, giving them freekicks for nothing, and booking Ronnie for the one tackle he made all game after letting foul after foul on him go, but it really had not the slightest effect on the result. You could say that the rooney penalty while we just started to play could have changed the game, but i honestly don't believe it would have.

And finally, i think the one thing we saw was that we missed a true defensive midfielder. The one hope tonight would have been someone to shackle Kaka and stop them playing as the front player weren't firing, but we don't have someone who can do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Phil Gartside, the Bolton Wanderers chairman, has revealed Manchester United have no interest in signing Nicolas Anelka.

The France striker, who arrived at the Reebok Stadium in an £8million deal last summer, admitted over the weekend that he “could not say no†to a move to Old Trafford.

But Gartside insists the forward is not for sale and admits there is no chance of the move taking place anyway - because David Gill, the United chief executive, has told him they have no interest in signing the player.

“David Gill has confirmed to me that Manchester United has no interest in Nicolas Anelka," Gartside told the official Bolton website. “Sammy Lee is looking to build a squad for next season and we absolutely have no interest in selling any of our better players. Nicolas, of course, is one such player.â€

Anelka failed to make the France squad for the World Cup last summer but his performances for Wanderers earned him a recall to the international fold and he scored in the 2-0 victory over the Ukraine on Saturday.

The 28-year-old already has a host of clubs on his CV including Paris St Germain, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester City and Fenerbahce.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived