The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Mascherano? yes, would love him, but Ferguson seems to not paid any attention to him, and Inter have basically sneaked under the radar and are close to signing him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh. so fergie's lying in those quotes about having scouted him a few times then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah he's had him scouted, but why not make a move for him? Transfer fee would have been around £7-9m before the World Cup, now his fee is going to be easily £15m.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I say ref, this is foul but i dont say red card"

Cristiano Ronaldo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that what he really said afterwards? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Also,stop with the crap "OMG HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A UNITED PLAYER" mentality and accept that he's a greasy diving bas' who's being rightly castigated by our righteous media for his disgraceful on the field antics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahahaha icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See you next week on "Fishing with Keyser" icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldnt take Beckham back because he's even more of a liability and an extravagance than he was when we sold him.

He's not doing too bad in Spain, because you get more time on the ball and he can do ok with it.

He's physically spent as a player as was proven in the World Cup, he's not be able to hack it in the Premiership.

So we'd have him just for free kicks and corners?

No thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by olipepper:

is there another sissoko-type player anywhere at the moment. i mean obviously not sissoko himself, but tall, strong on the ball, relatively unhyped about and very cheap, aswell as being able to perform well and consistently in the prem?

so to answer your question, no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Pat Vieira about 8 years ago?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollie1307:

You really should look into a money + Gravesen for RvN deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errr no. Gravesen is really, really not good

Oh, and re: Ronaldo - never remotely gaf about the Rooney/winking ********, was justifiably annoyed by the public statements about wanting a move but as far as I can remember (and most of the World Cup is a bit of a drunken haze) I never said he could f**k off and if he knuckles down this season and produces, I've no problems with him whatsoever.

Now this is the point where someone with too much time on their hands, almost certainly Hoyt, finds a heat of the moment quote where I demand Ronaldo be burnt at the stake \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

I want hargreaves at arsenal icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfeckin'lucky, then. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

things can change mate icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The way I heard it is the lad's keen as mustard to sign for us. (The only stumbling block is the three year deal he's just signed for Bayern. icon_frown.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so was that bloke mikel iirc icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

quite like Reo-Coker but the thought of us having a player called Nigel makes me somewhat queasy

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had a Nigel once. Went by the name of Clough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have expected that from Bling or Mika as closet scousers and city fans, but you Eddie? I'm shocked and appalled icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it not true, then ? icon_razz.gif

And don't even think about suggesting I'm a scouser, closet or otherwise. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nigel Clough played for us? It's news to me. I'm sure you're not a scouser, but it made me wonder who the 'us' Nigel played for was. icon_confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Will sripeylad have a ticket for Copenhagen do you know Martin?

I know I am having Keith's ticket but I kind of owe a mate a favour & it would be nice to get him a ticket for a midweek game icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said you'd have my ticket for definate

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also did they pay money to go & watch Muse? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the usual procedure. You Pay money in exchange for goods or services, in this case they obtained tickets for a concert with music for a couple of crisp bank notes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was going to say something along that lines , but didn't have the heart. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm only 12 stone ffs icon_frown.gif

12.5 at a push </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'at a push'

Sure there is a joke in there somewhere.

Oh & for what it's worth I weigh 12 stone so one of us is lying icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

but do enquire about that lad they have got up front who can play a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lee Chapman? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

david healy iirc. you can never have enough players who make england look sh*te </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you want Lampard too then?

• 3 weeks later...

Keepers: Peter Schmeichel, Edwin Van Der Sar, Alex Stepney

Defenders: Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, Paul Parker, Jaap Stam, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Paul McGrath, Arthur Albiston

Midfielders: Gordon Strachan, Norman Whiteside, Roy Keane, Paul Ince, Bryan Robson, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Steve Coppell

Forwards: Eric Cantona, Dwight Yorke, Mark Hughes, Ruud Van Nistelrooy

I'm sure i'll see all the other lists and want to change it about 5 more times when i realise who i've forgotten.

Eddie's going to win this, because he gets to include Best, Law, Charlton and Duncan Edwards icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Just thinking….why is it that this thread is a comparatively friendly place where we all get along, have constructive discussions and generally respect our fellow reds? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's because keyser hasn't posted in ages.

Henke was ****ing awesome today, such awesome movement and brightness. If today is anything to go by fergie will have made signing of the season with out a doubt. Also how good was carricks ball over the top to set henrik in one on one, shouldve scored tho.

Rooney played well but so just needs a goal, although we said that against man city and he got one and didnt really take off. Thought Ronaldo was good again today although a bit slow in decision in the final third at times.

Evra was brilliant too, fast becoming one of my favourite players, so strong in the tackle and has great dribbling ability and a quick mind in the attackers third. Has to have the left back position nailed down imo.

AFFG, would have to say rio for playing him onside, but West i think was guilty of ball watching and got sucked in. Any news on Vidic btw? is he injured or..?

How was the cheesecake?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

quite literally NO excuse, you're bigger scum than pickles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut it ffs, blings worse

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Pop quiz. Last united player to score an FA cup hat trick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scholes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just done a quick search and as far as I can see nothing since 1990. So no doubt its some match that only Mark and Razor Eddie have seen.

I've still not seen any film of Gerrard lifting the trophy from last time and I've never seen any of the penalty shoot-out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have icon_frown.gif

ill never forget it, been out of england for 5 months, we had had a DIRE season in every aspect (glazers, fa cup final defeat etc) and the phrase 'football is dead' had never seemed more apt.

literally the first thing i see as i enter my house on my return after 5 months away? gerrard lifting the trophy on ssn. that was at the end of june ffs.

big contrast to the coverage we received for winning the league this year, not even a picture in the times. c**ts.

• 2 weeks later...

3rd - theis and Rcjuk

2nd - Saha, 14AlanSmithifb and weststandred

WINNER - finally shakes off the worst user crown in style, it's Taz

three awards left now, the biggies - goal of the season, player of the year and user of the year

Archived