The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

hahahahaha the website, the banners icon_biggrin.gif I don't know what's funnier, those or the mongish siege mentality emails the Bender Brothers sent icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"OMFG!1! HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A UNITED PLAYER!!!11!!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're an Arsenal fan go away, If It was Rooneys head everyone wanted on a plate, you'd soon say different.

More info on the Sevilla game:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">UEFA Cup Winners To Open The New Old Trafford

Old Trafford will open as a 76,000 seater stadium by hosting the UEFA Cup holders Seville on Saturday 12 August, kick off 3pm.

The 8,000 seat extension of the stadium, which was partially opened ahead of schedule at the end of last season, will be fully opened for the start of the new season, confirming the famous old ground as the biggest in UK club football.

Announcing the game, Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It’s fitting that 50 years after the Club became the first in England to play European football, we are to welcome a current European cup holder to Old Trafford.

"It’s a good way to celebrate the club’s achievements in the past five decades – and a great way to open the fantastic new quadrants we have built.â€

The match will be preceded with the burial of a time capsule which commemorates the Club’s achievements in the 50 years that have passed since the legendary Busby Babes won their first league championship in 1956.

Admission prices have been set to encourage children and families to enjoy a day out at Old Trafford, with all junior tickets costing £5 and a range of adult tickets from £10 to £25.

Discussions are underway to provide a variety of entertainment to make the day a special one. Tickets will be on sale from Tuesday 4 July via the usual channels.

All ticket holders for the Seville game will be entitled to a free ticket for the First Team’s open training session at Old Trafford on 11 August, which will be followed by the World final of the global tournament for under 15s – the Manchester United Premier Cup.

Those attending on the day will pay £3 for adults and £2 for juniors, with proceeds going to the Manchester United Foundation, which seeks to use the power of football and the name of Manchester United to benefit communities locally, across the UK and worldwide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

im pretty sure the **** that thought up this in the first place wasnt expecting his child like work to be so closely scrutinised. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, leave poor foobs alone ffs, we've changed the title let's move on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanyi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Are you on drugs tonight? I mean, you usually post rubbish but it's fairly literate rubbish, not this drivel you're spouting this evening :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"C'mere Bert! I've caught a big one- hook, line and..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? icon_biggrin.gif

So weird.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Team-mate Ryan Giggs is thrilled to see him firing on all cylinders again.

He said: “It’s just what he needed. He wants to score and that’s what he has done today.

“I hope this season he’ll be a major part of the team.â€

With Solskjaer and Paul Scholes back and Gabriel Heinze fit again — assuming he stays — things are looking up for Fergie despite the imminent departure of Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Giggs added: “You always expect new faces and the manager’s hoping to strengthen.

“ But with Ole, Scholesey and Gabby coming back, it will be like three new signings.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Sunday league sides are better, sure icon14.gif

wakeyrocket such a welcome addition to the thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they're free. and also free of utterly cringeworthy terms like "craic".

For me, IF (massive, Man City style if) we get both Carrick and Hargreaves, i'd see him as an option in Rooney's role for the games we're resting Rooney, or to bring on off the bench when Rooney is tired.

use them both as the link man forward and you'll get results.

Much like Sheringham was used as an alternative for Yorke back a few years ago.

haha Torres calls a press conference, going to say he's staying.

Duff goes for £5m, I'd like to think we went in but they said NAW but yeah we all know that's ********.

O'Shea and Fletcher "great options"

oh and what James said.

eurgh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I wasnt a fan of signing Carrick before and now i have seen the fee. icon_frown.gif

Lets hope Carrick does well for us but he has neither the talent or the potential to live up to the stupid fee we are paying.

Also noticed Fergie crowing about liking Carrick at West Ham. So Alex, you didnt think a £2.5m punt was worth it then when we had money and the midfield was in a better state than it is now but 2 seasons later you are dead sure hes worth £18m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This post ifs btw.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Blomqvist rugby-tackling Figo at the Nou Camp in sheer desperation might just be the funniest thing I've seen watching United. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm staring at james' letters trying to figure them out, and then i read that thinking "eh? what a d!ckhead, none of that fits!" icon_biggrin.gif

From the BBC's match report on England-Greece:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And there were other bright performances for England, from the tenacious patrolling of Owen Hargreaves in the holding role, to the return to goalscoring form of Lampard.

One Hargreaves tackle on the edge of his area was outstanding and his man of the match display woud have further impressed Manchester United, who are reportedly ready to pay £30m to sign him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now there's overpaying, and there's overpaying...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

hargreaves and carrick for £30m plus = bad business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gonch would whinge if we signed Pele and Maradona in their prime in exchange for a packet of gummi bears :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they could never play in the same team anyway icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pele wouldn't be able to rise to the challenge icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Definitely none for Fletcher today though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can answer my yes or no too then icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

Alright lads.. do you guys want Hayden Mullins on loan for the year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha piping up despite the fact his club is nothing but a creche for chelsea icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate.. whens Hargreaves signing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you win something next?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Moved to Manchester a few weeks ago and i'm lovin it so far. Was at the game on Sunday and just got an email confirming my tickets for Copenhagen, Portsmouth, Chelsea and Everton.

Got lost in Moss Side though on Saturday night, on my own and didn't get home til 8am and that's only because some taxi driver pulled over and told me to get in now cause i'm lucky to still be alive! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

take it not through offical channels(as in applying through the club) as chelsea and everton arent on sale yet?

any one heard anything on liverpool ballot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, through my supporters club. Got 4 tickets for Copenhagen, 3 for Portsmouth, 4 for Chelsea and 2 for Everton.

BBB- it's just off Oxford Road like Blaine said.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Actually, on the same subject, they've shown two games recently - an FA Cup 5th Rnd match at Ewood in 85 and a league game against Liverpool in 84 (might have been the early part of 84/85 rather than the previous season) - in both games Paul McGrath was playing in midfield....alongside Moses IIRC - now I assume that Robbo was injured (shocking, I know icon_biggrin.gif) but I didn't remember McGrath even filling in in midfield....is that something he did fairly often? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More so when he first broke into the first team i think. The more he established himself at centre half the less he was moved, IIRC.

I posted an interview with him from the guardian a few days ago, which i think mentioned him playing in midfield as well. Early on i've got a feeling there was even a question as to which was his best position, he was that good on the ball.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

just look at Kuffour </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had played brilliantly that night, I actually felt sorry for him when he was thumping the pitch with his fist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about Lothar Matthaus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'What must Lothat Matthaus be thinking? With all due respect, who cares?' icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was hoping someone would quote that icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with the greatest of respect tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I also knew something wasn't quite right with it.. couldnt remember what though :/

ah 'appy days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I am quite happy for Rossi to go out on loan and get games but like Pique i cant quite understand why we are loaning them out to foreign sides. Surely we should have been offering him to Keano?

Parma are 2nd bottom iirc so hopefully he will be getting games everyweek and come back next season for the first team action he deserves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

blimey, senegal really is wise :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great page topper, if a little confusing.

At 1-0 you should have attacked us, you pretty much stopped playing at that point and handed the initiative to us.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Stupid bet either way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. I'm no gambler, but 6-2 sounds rubbish odds given the number of different winning margins there could be, including Chelsea winning it.

ineptitude icon_biggrin.gif

opinions dear. go and cry into your ruud pillow if it really bothers you that much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opinions? You haven't even expressed one, you're just provoking me. Christ.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, daytripping scum tbh.

literally praying we get Citeh at home in the cup draw, I'd pray for citeh away if I could be guaranteed a ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Plymouth away it will be

• 3 weeks later...

Got my second choice for the draw so relatively content, even if the way the legs have fallen aren't how I'd have picked them.

Semi vs. Milan/Bayern & "The Home Team" in the final if we get through icon14.gif

Do we know which days our fixtures fall on yet by the way or is there some TV negotiating to do?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXFVLd603wk

quality finish for a defender </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I see Chivu sporting a lovely mask or face-brace thingy?

Maybe Rio was practicing his "head shots" during the Blackburn game icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

they're not remotely senior players ffs, they're 21/22 and playing in their first club game of this magnitude. not excusing them from blame - Ronaldo especially I thought was poor - but they're far from the main culprits.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

No mentions of Kleberson? For shame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always thought Kleb could've been amazy. Stupid bloody shoulder. Still can't recall a game when he was actually bad, just always crocked and struggling to get into an awesome midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome aboard the "Kleberson wasn't as bad as everyone made out" bandwagon icon14.gif

I was actually surprised when he left considering the part he had played pre-season & the fact he was actually looking the part. Scored a couple of goals too.

But yeah my post wasn't entirely serious. There have been much more shocking departures than Kleberson... Djemba x2 for a start icon_frown.gif

Archived