The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

I can only assume West Ham are in there because the West Ham researcher has put us as one of their rivals (they always seem to have been particularly ABU) and the United researcher has bizarrely returned the favour. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure. There was a lot of West Ham hate in the old thread as they got towards the cup final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like them, but not really for rivalry reasons. I get the feeling I'd dislike them no matter who I supported icon_biggrin.gif

I dunno, is there serious beef with them about ruining our title chances in '92 or '95? Ince-related stuff mebbe. I don't see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never quite got it either. I did wonder how much was down to the Beckham stuff after the '98 world cup, they were the worst offenders as far as i recall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wasm't the Beckham stuff because they were the first away game?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Man Utd eyeing Turkish sensation Sahin

tribalfooball.com - July 09, 2006

Manchester United are eyeing Turkey's 17 year-old midfield sensation Nuri Sahin.

United are being linked with a move for the £6m German-born midfielder at Borussia Dortmund who names Cristiano Ronaldo as his No 1 player.

Sahin is understood to be keen a trying his hand in the Premiership and United's need for a playmaker and goalscorer in midfield could see him as a young heir to Roy Keane.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

not a chance of the last four on that list oli </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fergie claimed it was a "raid" on the italian market though. or does fergie mean by a raid, vieira?

• 2 weeks later...

That story in full folks... let yourself rise to the dizzy heights of optimism before being crushed by the inevitable no-show.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> EXCLUSIVE: FERGIE EYES MASC MAN

By Alan Nixon And John Cross

SIR ALEX Ferguson is in talks with Argentina World Cup star Javier Mascherano.

Fergie believes he has finally found the man to replace Roy Keane and Mascherano's agents arrived last night to discuss a move to Manchester United.

The defensive midfielder (above) is valued at £25million by Corinthians, but United are expected to make the Brazilian club an opening offer of £16m.

Advertisement

Mascherano, who was in outstanding form for his country in Germany, looked to be on the way to Real Madrid for £25m until the Spaniards pulled out following elections for a new club president - opening the door for United.

The investment company behind Corinthians bought Mascherano from River Plate for £10m two years ago and the key to the move is how much profit they want from his sale.

United are prepared to dig deep for Mascherano, described by Diego Maradona as "a monster of a player and destined for great things".

And at the age of 22 he will have a resale value if he moves on from Old Trafford, which is the kind of deal that appeals to the Glazer family who own United.

Chelsea had looked at him but instead went for Michael Ballack and John Obi Mikel, leaving United in pole position - a rarity in the current transfer market.

Sir Alex will also sign Michael Carrick in a £16m deal after Tottenham admitted defeat in their battle to keep the England midfielder.

Carrick has turned down a new contract offer worth £45,000 a week which would have trebled his wages at White Hart Lane.

That was the signal for Ferguson to make a third bid for him and negotiations are likely to be finalised before Carrick returns to pre-season training after his extended break following the World Cup.

Ferguson's two previous offers, which included John O'Shea and Mikael Silvestre as part of a player-plus-cash package, were turned down.

Losing Carrick has forced Spurs to put on hold plans to off-load Edgar Davids to his former club Ajax.

United have told Real Madrid to increase their £12m offer if they are serious about signing Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Real's second bid - £3m under United's valuation - is expected to be formally rejected today.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We wouldn't get him for £16 million anyway, we'd have to hit closer to £20 mil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

you lot getting rid of ruud wasn't really the problem, it was the fact you a) backed down after saying you'd get LOADS for him and b) didn't get a replacement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no mate, smith is back and is going to be played upfront again. that is like a new signing for us </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

Oh and Fletcher deserves no kudos either, he was awful only Cronnie and Kay overshadowed him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

so awesomely wrong. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope i'm not wrong, what did he do? what did any of them do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't give possession away anywhere near as much as scholes. just about all of our good crosses came from him. prompted the majority of our attacking play. set up ronnies chance (the one he thumped into lehmans head) with a beutiful 40 yard cross field pass. retained possession as well as (better?) anyone. worked hard in defence including a few well timed and important challenges. moved into space consistently - including getting into a goalscoring position early only to be denied by a good gallas tackle.

saying there were only two players worse than him is utter, utter b0ll0cks of the highest order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're overcompensating like most on here at the merest mention of fletch "hate".

he, like the rest, was utter turd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really don't think i am because i'm not trying to claim he had a great game or anything of the sort. i'm simply saying that claiming him as worst player aside from ronnie and the fat gay one is utter crap seeing as aside from fletch, rio and nev the rest of the team were pretty much pants.

the return of the 4231 \o/

it returned a week late /o\

we used it against reading icon_mad.gif

homo hair \o/

he played /o\

he was dire as usual icon_mad.gif

gabby \o/ \o/ \o/

he was a bit ordinary /o\

er... yeah, anyways... not read the match thred, not going to. i'm sure it'll be the usual *******-fest that occurs whenever we drop points. i thought we were unlucky, and i didn't think we were THAT bad. my biggest criticism was the obvious lack of width, and i'm not too sure the players themselves are to blame for that.

the penner was a bit of a joke, but... meh.

motm: ronaldo.

2nd: scholes.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Yeah, you two had your backs to me and your usernames were up on the screens. You were wearing a baseball cap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See thats where reality floods back in because I am not a hat person...

• 2 weeks later...

Well yeah, but I guess I'm kinda comparing to how strong we could/would be without the Glazer-imposed spending issues - a defensive midfielder and quality striker and i'd be immensely confident right now.

Without those yank bastards we'd be in a position to compete imo.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When asked if he had now adapted to his new surroundings, Evra's response was emphatic.

"No, the food is catastrophic," he complained. "And it's always raining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

In truth, the league and the FA Cup are both well within our reach and really we should end up winning both of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea got knocked out?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/BBBOTF/milan.jpg

our view for Milan apparantly icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those flag wavers would p*ss me right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be slightly more annoyed by the huge red smoke flare being let off.

Ticket office have messed up with my Milan (H) tickets, got in touch with them today and they offered us two in the East Stand (ffs). Gotta collect them tomorrow at the ticket office (probably a 5 hour wait) but it could be worse, atleast I am at the match and still qualify for possible CL final tickets.

MON FA Cup final tickets - applying at 3am, I might get through then.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southamton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Athletico Madrid (Mirror)

Running Total: 11

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

Hero of the day - 83

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

davidbowie 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

Matt Cavanagh - 54

mark g 52

keyser - 50

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Taz Devil - 41

Saha - 39

The_Fish - 37

finneys13 - 36

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit attack minded, that XI.

Kuszczak - Utter clownshows. Good shot stopper but anything in the air and hes lost.

Lee - Very good showing. Thought he did very well and he and Eagles linked up well.

Brown - Really good again. Some fantastic last ditch headers.

Sheasy - Didnt put a foot wrong either.

Gaby - Did well, tried to get forward and did a good job.

Solskjaer - Didnt really think he got into the game at all. this type of game not suited to Ole at his age.

Fletcher - My MoM, fantastic neat passing and some great tackles. that one on SWP amazing.

Smith - Started well but tired badly at the end and just started diving in. Also poor in posession.

Richardson - Poor passing and goes from goal line clearence to causing havoc in the same minute. Liability.

Eagles - Again i thought he was really good. Got back to help out Lee when needed and looked lively going forward. Some tidy footwork.

Dong - struggled. Just looked so static and offered nothing. Was a hard debut for the lad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> This post can be safely condensed into; I am a twat. By Westandred. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take no notice WSR.

FYI

We all in Thailand knew that former PM wasn't in for real(the Liverpool bidding.)

At that time he was attacked left right center from all Thais. So he diverted all attention to buying some no-name football club in some country far away. It could have been the news that he wants to buy Chimpansee United ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Nani

Can

Fly

:*****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember Peter Beagrie being banned from doing that after injuring himself on his landing against QPR icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

The Manchester United thread 2007/2008 - featuring Wayne Rooney and Nani love. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just copying the scouse.

Who is our chief scout?

I only ask because I was reading this months WS and in the profiles bit about Andres Guardado it said "Indeed, United sent chief scout Jim Lawlor to monitor his progress."

I can't say that I've really had any idea of how our scouting structure operates (though I'd like to) but based on who I know is involved in the set-up and names I've seen to be reported (though it is rare) when we're following a player, I didn't figure it to be him and so wondered if it was accurate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Comet:

Saha is crocked again, according to this article on the soccernet.

Saha set for long spell on the sidelines

Manchester United striker Louis Saha is likely to be out of action until 'around November or December', according to his agent.

Ranko Stojic revealed the France forward has undergone a knee operation in America in a bid to repair an injury which contributed to his disappointing season last term.

Stojic told the Manchester Evening News: 'Louis has had surgery in America and he won't be on the field now for a few months.

'I don't know when he will be able to start training again but he is looking at being back around November or December. But it is going to be a while.'

United have already been tipped to bring in reinforcements up front ahead of next year's Premier League title defence and Saha's long-term absence will hasten their search.

'There is no question that he will be changing clubs. He's been unlucky and it is very important now that he gets back to 100%.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any now we can't even sell him icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That article is wrong, read the one above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, should have refreshed my browser before posting icon13.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Archived