The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

where is everyone getting the £8m for hargreaves from? is that what we think it would take? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB talking ******** fella, get both Carrick/Hargreaves and Torres.

Job done

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

sebs isn't a United fan.

Rumours flying around that Glazer has passed away.

tut tut, wishful thinking icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not even something that should be joked about. I dont care about the man at all, but i'm not going to wish him dead and anybody who does are clearly nasty pieces of work.

Why wish him dead? Because he bought the football club we support when we didnt want him to?

That's nice, thats real nice.

My dad ruined our business when I was about 9, by wasting it all on drugs on alcohol. It got to the point that drug dealers turned up at our house when he was away and threatened to kill us if we didn't pay up his debts.

We then moved country, and he manipulated himself back into our life, proceeding to essentially steal £1000 from my mum. Despite moving back to the UK, he has failed to pay any CSA payments for the past 5 years. Last aknowledged my birthday when I was 13, and hasn't got me a christmas present for 3 years.

What a ****

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

You love a wardrobe? Chest of drawers? Whatever it is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's nothing cult about bouba. everyone recognises him to be a fantastic dmc, far better than fulham.

good effort though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

The Pique deal was confirmed. He's there on a season long loan deal icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers, thought it was.

• 2 weeks later...

We basically had a kamikaze moment in the first half, Evra fell over, gave ball away, Rio tried to clear, awful, right at O'Shea, came to Silv, awful clearance to the edge of the area. Then nearly gave a pen away icon_biggrin.gif

But obviosly people ignored Evra and Rio's cockups because they aren't as popular scapegoats icon14.gif

Acou icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Wait a second, didn't that happen just the other day? Berbatov and some other English no-hoper then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're not as bad as Sheff United yet are we... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno, they're about on a par with the scousers aren't they?

So, no, not yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Cech is back too, if he is as good as before, that's massive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah true. Robben hardly out long term either. They need him so bad down the left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's their only width really, SWP doesn't count. Never been convinced by their four MC's tactic, but Robben changes that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When Robben plays, Essien plays more as a winger on the other side. Still obviously cuts inside loads, leaving Geremi as the main wide outlet. They need Joe Cole fit and well, but surely he's back soon too?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

how did rossi do for parma? obv didnt win or score but did he looked likely?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can only go off some bloke on redcafe who watched it and said Rossi did cause a few problems for the Milan defence with his quick feet and some good runs but yet again another one said he is lightweight, has no pace, is crap and we only wish he was as good as Owen was at 19.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Reading H – 3 (3)

newcastle A – 1 (1)

Villa H – 3 (3)

Arsenal A – 0 (0)

Watford H - 3 (3)

Spurs A - 1 (3)

Charlton H - 3

Fulham A - 3

Liverpool A - 0

Bolton H - 1

Blackburn H - 3

Portsmouth A - 1

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Chelsea A - 0

Boro H - 3

Everton A - 1

City A - 3

West Ham A - 3

Total 35 (50) – 85 (87)

CHELSEA

Fulham H – 3 (1)

Villa A – 3 (1)

Wigan H – 3 (3)

Liverpool A – 1 (0)

Blackburn H - 3 (3)

Charlton A - 3 (3)

Boro H - 3

Man City A - 3

Portsmouth A - 1

Shef U H - 3

Watford A - 3

Spurs H - 3

West Ham A - 1

Man Utd H - 3

Newcastle A - 1

Bolton H 3

Arsenal A - 0

Everton H 3

Total 43 (46) 89 (84)

Blimey icon_biggrin.gif

(pg 312 or so if anyone else wants to check) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pulling away now icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

well lets just end this circular argument here

but needless to say I thought that whole match after the first few minutes was a complete joke and we shouldnt have to witness a performance like that. "fringe" players or not.

probably go out to Boro after making the same mistake again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't make a mistake /o\/o\/o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

naive

we clearly did, but got away with it this time due to our opposition being just as inept as us. ANY sort of performance from Reading and theyd have had us tonight..

with hindsight you can say there was no mistake - but it's wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying it with hindsight, I said so before kick-off?

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it in the Union bar at Uni.

Sitting in a leather sofa which was in a semi circle around the big screen.

Another row behind us with more of my friends.

When the Sheringham goal went in, i jumped up and managed, somehow, to do a backflip somersault over the sofa into my mates behind me.

Still, to this day don't know how i managed that.

Then, while running around the union like a loon, i had to do a double take when we scored again.

I'm not so much worried about Smith's injury and it's impact, but bluntly I don't think he was good enough to lead our line before the injury anyway. I do like him and admire his attitude though, so I hope he can contribute in some form before the season is out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How did i forget Southend when voting for this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

most people tend to wipe those sort of results from memory.

for me losing like that to southend was far worse than losing to the eventual european cup winners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree totally

Think i voted West Ham for this one

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I'm exactly the same, like gonch said in the BOTU thread I have my opinions and am not afraid to say them. Easiest person to wind up ever, has always been my downfall icon_biggrin.gif

But honest I did have to look for it, admittedly I checked my booksmarks first and was appalled when it wasn't there, but still. Was quite horrified to see some of the things I had been posting, not good.

Archived