The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

the fact he tends to drop to the floor continually at the slightest physical contact and then look on bewildered that he's not considered to have been fouled.

i think he's been found out a lot more with players no longer getting skinned by him but quite happily giving him a bit of room and letting him show the step over a couple of times before winning the ball or watching as he over stretches to cross the ball to the fans at the back.

maybe the less physical and more patient nature of the spanish league will suit him more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problems you've just mentioned with his game have been just as evident in europe as in the premiership. I think it's simply that his development stalled last year, nothing to do with where he's playing.

if anything, a winger of his type should have more success here, as the physical nature of the game means it's easier to entice full backs to dive in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Today's United-related rumours. Maybe there'll be something positive in here...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United are ready to up their bid for Tottenham midfielder Michael Carrick to more than £15m. (The Times)

Lorenzo Sanz, the Real Madrid presidential candidate, also wants to sign Carrick if he gets elected on Sunday. (The Times)

Rio Ferdinand's gran, Joan Lavender, 77, says England "should get a bit dirtier" in their style of play. (The Sun) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... that's it. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A granny telling the england players to be more dirty? That'll be Rooney with the horn all weekend then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

His baggage

the ***** that would come crawling back

he's not good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beckham has more baggage than Ronaldo?

He is good, plus Neville can bomb down the wing again knowing Beckham will track back.

Yeah physically, assuming he isn't still blind, Scholes' game shouldnt deteriorate like Giggs because of the areas he's always relied on are different.. tbh I think with the good midfield partner we STILL need to buy.. Scholes could still offer a fair bit

• 2 weeks later...

Real Madrid have confirmed they will sign Ruud van Nistelrooy on a three-year deal from Manchester United on Friday.

The Spanish side revealed the news on their website on Thursday evening after they agreed a deal with the Premiership club for the Dutch striker's services.

Real saw off the challenge of Bayern Munich to land the 30-year-old, with the Bernabeu side finally coming to an arrangement with Manchester United after a week of haggling over a fee.

The striker is rumoured to be setting Real back a princely Stg11 million.

hurray for the extra £700k :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Well yes...and if Rossi was so awesome maybe he would have forced himself into more starts jpshakehead.sml.gif

I'll leave it there though, hoping that both Rossi and Sissoko have good seasons.

('MoMo' excellet on ProEvo 5 so earns my support for that) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi had the small matter of Ruud, Saha and a lad called Wayne Rooney in front of him in the pecking order.

'Momo', because Liverpool play with 5 across midfield, only really competed with Didi Hamman for a place. Hence the number of starts.

jpshakehead.sml.gificon15.gificon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Bit crap really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I agree, seems to have got a little less crap with age though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahaha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ive not seen enough of tevez to say id be happy with throwing £15-£20m at him but hes one of those players that always looks exciting and its nice to have a few of those in the side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't seem to have had much luck with South Americans so far. Veron, Forlan & Kleberson plus the injury to Gaby.

I've heard Peter Davenport was part Peruvian and Ralph Milne had a Chilean granny too icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't spout Bulls**t eh?

Those players not being able to make it had nothing to do with them being South American.

Veron wasn't used correctly. He was played out of posistion, as a result, he looked a shadow of the player everybody knew he could be. He was far better in any games when he was actually played in a posistion that suits his game.

Kleberson was unlucky through injuries, was bought as a defensive player when really he was more of an attacking player. The problem with him was the difference in styles between Brazilian defensive players and British defensive players. When he was match fit, he didnt play too badly for us.

Forlan, was a confidence striker who needed to play regularly to perform. He was never going to get that with united, it was something that Ferguson wasnt going to find out until he joined us, it's nobodies fault.

As for Gabby, his injury was unlucky, but i wouldnt say that means we should shy away from south americans, for anybody to say that, is utterly laughable.

All of those things could happen to any player bought from abroad or even from another club playing a different style. It doesnt mean you avoid those players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was more of a comment about luck and not south american footballers and was mainly a lead up line to the joke about Davenport and Milne - I loved Seba & Diego and wish they were still with us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever way you look at it, Kleberson, Veron and Forlan were fs for you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm not short and fat you bunch of twats.

No more beer buying.

Hargreaves WILL sign! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you ain't tall and slender are you? icon_biggrin.gif

Not according to Bayern he won't!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Mart, can you send Matt my number? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you one of the many people who don't know their own number? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Hey guys I may have a spare ticket for the Arsenal game, anyone of u

you's interested?

Seat is in North Stand tier 2 , bloke I usually go with can't make it. (may also make my wall debut! icon_cool.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sold to me, you now have permission to come to the wall & bully Martin about leaving early icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

It's my new angle Mark. I figure posting snippets from wikipedia and not citing the source has to make me look smarter icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

constantly smacking your head on the keyboard and posting the results would have that effect, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like my approach better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

He's just trying to get a response like Keane did with his prawn sandwich comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like prawn sarnies tohugh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they actually sell prawn sandwiches in the executive areas or not?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Who does this spare Benfica ticket belong to that Martin is trying to flog? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm currently going so it aint mine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

It isn't actually icon_biggrin.gif

Replace Richardson with Park (yes I am aware he is neither a forward or a leftback) & it's looking okay.

Doubt we could trist Silvestre/O'Shea/Heinze's elbows for 90 minutes week in week out though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs has played left back for us on more than one occasion, just put him in.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Eboue wasnt down for THAT long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt want to do this, but you left me with no choice.

• 2 weeks later...

They must turn down the volume on the crowd for the English coverage because on the foreign coverage i was watching you could barely hear the commentators above the crowd. It sounded like a good atmosphere.

And yeah i'm really happy Wayne looks like hes finding some form. 10 league goals and 12 overall for him now leaves him level pegging with Saha.

13 league, minimum 1 F.A Cup and 2 European Cup leaves at least 16 games to go so Rooney and Saha should both be looking to hit the 20 goal mark this season.

And Ronaldo too should be looking for 20 goals, loved the penalty last night and what a pass to put Rooney in and the finish from Wayne just so good.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

He's on about the Lille game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think he is gregg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh my bad. Assumed that the reason he was still shocked was cos it was a week later. You know what happens when you Assume.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

seems strange that city fans are coming in here to big up micah richards as though to make us happy with us going for him... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll post in the City thread the weaknesses of Gary Neville and see if you lot stay out icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived