The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I still think everyone turning against him because of yesterday is a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that I agree with.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> United have announced the appointment of a new club doctor. Dr Steve McNally will join United from Liverpool’s Academy on 24 July 2006.

Steve has Medical officer at Liverpool’s Academy since 1998, and has also worked for the Football Association providing support to the England Youth International Squads since 2002.

McNally replaces Dr Mike Stone, who left the club last month.

manutd.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Evra never signed afaik </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're wasting your time. He's banned, he can't read it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vengeance for his thread title \o/

Silvestre is just a popular scapegoat, yeah he had a bad patch but he was in great form for the last few months of the season, is experienced and is still useful for us imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great form is a pretty big exaggeration. He had a few games where he looked competent, generally against weak opposition, mixed in with some typically hapless performances. Remember the final game of the season? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

remember Chelsea as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually don't. I spent the last of my student loan on expensive memory-erasing treatment after that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they erase the bit of your memory telling you to get a job as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick's a stay-at-home hubby while Mart earns all the cash icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

There will be no in game updates from me today as my net is playing up and 8 out of 10 posts take ages to go through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Danny Pugh makes it 1-0 to Preston inside 3 minutes. McShane missed his tackle and it left Preston in and Pugh put it in the top corner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

McShane has horrid hair iirc

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Honestly, I'd be happy with £13m.

Then again with the state of our midfield I've become less and less concerned with the costs involved, and just want the gaps filled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On top of that, given the choice i'd rather we overpaid to get a Hargreaves type player than overpay to get a Carrick type.

As for the Carrick fee, i'd be amazed if we end up paying less than about £17.5m for him. Most of the extra payments will be based on games for us and England, i would have thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, forgot to add. All things being equal, i don't know Senna very well, but if he's pretty good as is being touted, and the choice was a good winger plus him, versus just hargreaves, it'd be arguable which i'd go for. But if it's just Senna and saving a bit of cash vs just Hargreaves, it's Hargreaves all the way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

letter sent out by united...

asking for reasons why people have not renewed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Suprised to see Unhappy with kick off times on there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

12.45/17.15 kick off times are certainly a problem for people living in London.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh and also Jim

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are aware that you were unsuccessful in the ballot for tickets for the above mentioned fixture. We have just been offered an additional allocation that we have accepted. These will be released for sale from 9am on Friday 3rd November for Season Tickets holders only that applied in the original ballot.

Tickets are priced at £30 for adults, £20 for Over 65’s and £15 for under 16’s and can be purchased by calling Ticketing & Membership Services on 0870 442 1994. Please have your membership numbers and credit/debit card details to hand.

All tickets purchased must be collected from Ticketing & Membership Services before the Portsmouth game on Saturday 4th November (opening times are 12pm until Kick Off), under no circumstances will any tickets be posted out or sent to Southend United for collection.

Bookings are also being taken from supporters who wish to travel by coach to Roots Hall. The return fare is £27 and all coaches will depart from car park N2 at Old Trafford at 1pm, with an estimated return time of 3:30am. If you wish to make a booking please ask a customer service advisor when calling.

Kind Regards,

Ticketing & Membership Services

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ummm panic over, Keith forgot he had sumfink to do.

Still no more tickets again though. STRESS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you make the ticket office look organised icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steady on.

From the old roundup:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Another left back ffs? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

So what happpens to Evra when gabi comes back? If hes kicking a fuss up there, he will probably do the same if he cant get a game here, I think he will go somewhere else tbh and we are being used to jack the price up or gather interest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Evra is also a handy left sided midfielder so can attempt to fill that slot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

No point getting Evra when we have Gaby ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Evra's not gonna pull up any trees going forward, it's like asking Derek Horno to do it - he'll try hard and maybe sling in a decent cross now and then but he'll largely be ineffective.

Better left back, slightly overhyped because of Monaco's CL Final appearance (like Rothen/Morientes and some others, found out to not be so good when they left). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I don't see why we're going for Evra. With Vidic, our defence is pretty much done imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Erm, Evra coming in makes no sense at all really. Decent player, not as good as Gaby who'll hopefully be back for next season, and doesn't look the type to play the dutiful understudy :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

We wont sign Evra. Trust me, it's a nothing story.

You can quote me on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

Why are we getting him ffs, no need, unless Fergie is planning on playing Rio in the holding role? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we work on the assumption that this signing will have no bearing on getting a midfielder, i can't see what everyones problem is. If we've learnt one thing this season, it's that we haven't got a decent back up left back anywhere in the squad. Even when Gaby's back, it's good to have competition for places. We keep going on about how weak the squad is, well fixing that means competition for places and strong backups in every position. You don't get anywhere with just a strong first XI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with foobs, I'd be amazed if we signed Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

I cant understand Evra, it would make sense if he wasnt up tied and we were still in the CL or we had a realistic chance of catching Chelsea. But the fact we are battling for second and we are doing alright with what ever misfits we have at the moment means its a bit of a waste of money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

evra is quality tbh, would've liked him at anfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Apparently one of the good points about Evra is his crossing ability. It'd be fantastic if they're half as good as Neville's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't see the point on wasting nearly £6m on someone who'll be backup in six months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We played well against them last season, they also did well during the match.

However, that was last season. Both sides have changed since then and so trying to apply what happened last year to what will happen this year seems pointless to me.

I think that Chelsea have a good side that will cause us more problems than most teams. However, i do feel that we can be strong enough to cope with what they throw at us.

I also feel that we have a strong enough attack to cause problems for Chelsea, enough that i believe we can get a good result from the game.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dangerous Dave:

rofl at all this rossi hype. key player indeed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, we're going to treat him just like M. Owen. Oh wait, that wouldn't be a good idea now would it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

But yeah wp on subbing ronaldo & bring on a left back. Idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barking, must admit that was the first thing I thought.

Eboue never better than when he's bombing down the line (face clutching optional) and subbing CRonaldo just released him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgot to ask if it's too late to send Kooshack back to WBA. Richardson looked good playing for WBA & that's the only reason I can thing Ferguson was tricked into thinking Kooshack was good enough as a backup keeper.

The guy is a total liability & at fault for both goals tonight as far as I can make out. Didn't catch anything & just makes the entire defence nervous.

think so. think we might have done it for Quinton Fortune as well?

didn't realise england weren't playing next midweek. assumed that was why we're playing the replay on monday. don't see why it couldn't be on tuesday and then our guys go and join up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

quaresma totally tearing it up at the moment

obviously I can't say I want us to sign him since i have to watch at least 20 hours of footage according to Juni. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well he's not scored in his last seven league games for starters

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

indeed he looks a good finisher. the question is how good is his passing/creative game. if he can also control a game half as well as Scholes then it may be worth it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His passing and creativity is also very good. He's lacking in the 'controlling/defensive' area though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

10m for anelka?

bit an extra zero sneak in there or has teh price of strikers in the prem gone insane?

at Jimlad btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's worth £10m, hardly misses a game and he'll get you 20+ goals a season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

hahaha what game is that where ole is celebrating already and the shot comes back of the post directly to him and he arrogantly scores? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

against the tooooon. wankers, fo sherear.

Archived