The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

He's a non-manc icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He used to live in Manchester though didn't he?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Can't really see two United-class wingers able to come in this summer. May well be time to give Martin (not BBB) a chance to break into the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could try Button icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he takes Corners well, but he seems to lack the ability to beat people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you could say the 'push' was violent conduct too? Or have I missed another set of quotes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sven's press conference he said that when he spoke to the Ref, the Ref said it was that Rooney had stood on Carvalho in a certain place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The centre circle, wasn't it?

Kudos, 2 sensible answers icon14.gif

I think he would probably work well in your midfield purely because of the energy he showed for England. You need somebody who will work tirelessly all game, snapping into tackles and breaking up play. Would he be able to adapt would by my worry. The German game is far slower than the Premiership.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

My favourite was the 93 home shirt which iirc had lace ties around the neck icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

man i hated that one only for the fact that all my mates would arrogantly tie a bow with the lace, strut around the park thinking they were good, only to then play sh!te icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Just because you've spread your cancer, no need to cluck about it icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah there is, I feel like the footballing Grinch icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I really really really want to know why Reo-Coker isnt apparently even a potential target.

He seemed fb whenever I saw him, was great in the Cup Final, and surely couldnt cost as much as Carrick who I'd rate as similarly effectivein our side if we were to get them..

OPEN YOUR EYES FERGIE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like a good player to take over from Scholes as well tbh, although Nolan could also do the job.

Still can't help but feel those two players don't strike me as "European" class though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

ruud speaking candidly about fergie on ssn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh what did he say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically said the relationship with fergie went sour for one reason or other, and he was gutted because he owes fergie a lot. talked of how much he owes him a lot, saying how he still 'cared about him'. seemed pretty gutted.

funny thing was he was saying how fergie had stood by him, brought him to united describing them as the 'greatest club in the...' then stopped, realising he's at a madrid press conference icon_biggrin.gif

such a shame all our top players seem to go out on sour notes

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

we must have just been very lucky with injuries/suspensions until the final, because while I know Johnsen played some games in centre mid, i'd be very surprised if Greening ever played in the centre for us, let alone by '99. And i don't even remember Beckham playing in the middle that season before the final, although i wouldn't be surprised if he had on a few occasions.

In fact now i remember, did he play there at some point in the FA Cup final or one of the last couple of league games? I seem to remember talk that an earlier performance had all but secured his place in the middle for the CL final? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greening only ever played on the right I think.

I don't remember Beckham playing in the middle before the final either, though once it was known that Keane and Scholes would be suspended it would have made sense to try him there for at least a couple of games.

So in the FA Cup final, when Teddy came on for Keano, he basically played as an attacking central midfielder, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, he did.

I'm like you about not remembering him play in the middle, i just seem to remember some commentator or pundit making a comment about a performance there making Fergie's mind up. icon_confused.gif

That was also the team that started the Charity Shield that season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pffft. Friendlies don't count.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Owen Hargreaves has heeded Bayern Munich's advice to remain tight-lipped on a potential move to Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson's pursuit of the 25-year-old England midfielder has been riddled with controversy since Hargreaves admitted a desire to play at Old Trafford last week.

Munich chiefs have repeatedly insisted he will see out his contract at The Allianz Arena until 2010, and now it seems the Calgary-born player has accepted his fate.

He missed the Bundesliga champions' league clash with Bochum at the weekend and Tuesday's friendly with Barcelona on Tuesday because of flu, and is still yet to return to training for the Germans.

"For the time being, I will not comment on this issue anymore," Hargreaves explained.

"I am still not 100 per cent and I am going home to rest."

With the transfer deadline looming large at the end of the month, Munich's position remains unchanged amidst reports they have fined the player for his previous comments.

"For me the topic Hargreaves is no topic at all as I have already said last week," general manager Uli Hoeness explained.

"Owen still plays the same role in my plans as he did at the start of the season."

It is not yet known whether Hargreaves will return to the squad in time for the home tie against Nurnberg on Saturday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

I'm still thinking that we won't make any more signings during this window, to be honest I don't really expect any in Jan either, CL ineligibility etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huntelaar </div></BLOCKQUOTE>isn't he ineligible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought players who played in the qualifying rounds become eligible for the knockout stages?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

I wasn't being serious Nick icon_biggrin.gif No need for the essay icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I felt compelled to defend myself icon_mad.gif

Wasn't so much what you said anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha fat Sam losing it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We've just beaten Liverpool and if we could go to Old Trafford and win as well in such a short space of time it ould be something of a miracle for us.

"It's such a big game for us that the players will drive themselves to their very limits to try and upset one of the big boys again.

"But we are proud of our defensive record and will use that as catalyst to try and maintain it." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they turn up at OT on saturday, they'll probably still play for a draw icon_biggrin.gif

" Hi, I'm Wilfred Brimley, and I have diabetes. It hurts me to pee, and it causes me to be short with my family. I can't sleep at night. The other day, I stubbed my toe and took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago, I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit? "

fffb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

well I've already had enough of the utter farce that getting tickets has become.. and I fully blame them for that

so yea - they are massive massive twats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

Someone want to give Go-Go the spending balance on the team post-Glazer?

And if that wasn't bad enough the ****ing massive loans they've attached to the club shows that they are **** businessmen.

In a lot of ways I think that unless Fergie goes rapidly psycho I don't want him to leave or think that we should be very actively looking for a successor. At least with him in charge if things go so bad that the club begins to go tits up (mass sales of key assets etc. & actually thinking about that phrase I'm not sure when a higher breast line has ever been worse than a sagging one...sorry back on topic) if he decided to stay I at least think we'd keep our heads above water in the Prem.

The other side of it is has anyone produced a hypothetical where or when the debts will hit their ceiling mark of manageability (sp?) for the club even if we maintain CL qualification and QF performances + top 3 Prem every year?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

lads can you get cramp in your arms from clapping too much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's the clapping thst's yourproblem, gonch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what mark said.

I'm trying to get over the fact that you need two arms.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alfred Cat:

is this gonch idiot usually this dumb or is the concept of quoting just foreign in his culture? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"why sky likes mancs so much?"

"looking forward to Sky's 10 minute celebratory montage of United's glorius season/Ronaldo-best-player-in-world clips.

of course, they outplayed absolutely everyone this season. they totally outplayed us at Anfield.

icon_rolleyes.gif"

"FFS GIVE Raffa THE MONEY FERGUSONS HAD AN HE WILL DELIVER THE PREM.

point im making is man u have bought the prem."

"icon_rolleyes.gif

the fans gathering behind that reporter really showed what a classy, intelligent bunch they are."

scousers ftw

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

christ, i start work in 11 days. i'm just going to sleep the whole of next week, need to stock up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got about two years worth in the bank already you lazy git icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived