The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

The FA are expected to support the use of dead players and have also received a request from Manchester City to re-register Marc Vivien-Foe.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He won't be allowed to wear 23, its been retired

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

This whole ***** business with us making no signings does make you wonder. If all it takes for a successful football club (or any sport for that matter) to be destroyed is a lunatic millionare to borrow hundreds of millions of pounds so he/she can then land that debt on the club itself then any club is open to this. I do get the feeling that there won't be any signings this year because we simply cannot afford it.

We have gone from the richest and best run football club in the world to a club with astronomical debts in the matter of a couple of years. And the ironic thing is that it's not as if we've spent without regard on players, the debt just sort of 'magically' appeared.

I worry that the ageing and depleted squad we have will not be able to maintain the form necessary to keep the expected revenue coming in and that the club will suffer as a consequence ala Leeds. So... Nationwide One here we come in a couple of years.

I do hope I am wrong about all this, and that this bl**dy press conference will begin soon to announce our 15 new signings icon_biggrin.gif but that's not very realistic. Realistically, ManU's premiership years are soon to be over.

jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone really needs to get this deleted before Mika reads it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, he's clearly a Mika alias... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is Mika?

I'm just a realistic supporter of a club that used to be the best... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from the debt "magically" appearing maybe? I think we all saw that one coming.

I don;t think its too much a case of not being able to afford signings as much as its a case of some players don't want to coem to a club where you know the manager is probably only going to be there for another season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone else feel we missed out on Capello? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly a Mika alias icon_biggrin.gif

I may have missed it, I know we had a reported bid turned down during the WC, but I don't remember anything official coming out of OT and as far as I can recall it the only statement that came out of Spurs was Jol saying if United were 'interested' he had an obligation to be loyal to them and stay at WHL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Silvestre is crap, btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try not stating the obvious ffs.

*ducks from mika*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

89 pages of crying over signing nobody, we finally sign someone & we couldn't care less icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Missing games in a pre-season tournament hardly counts as a punishment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. As long as our F.A can overturn them, which they should do at least Rooneys then fair enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing the way it would work is that if the Dutch FA forward them, our FA would treat them the same as receiving a red card report from a ref. So as they were in the system, the ban would be automatic, but with the normal appeal process as well.

As i said, that is a guess. But whichever way it happens, the FA can overturn them. It's just that 'can' is a long way from 'will' when it comes to things like this with the FA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I think Chelsea are the worst, I mean when they broguth John Terry into the first team, straw clutching like that is just going to lead them to oblivion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about?? Seriously....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Bayern need to be seen as doing what they can to keep him, he wants to go, he'll sign.

trust me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

never icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Who's been counting the MOM votes? who won for the first two matches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got them on in Word, not sure if Nick wants it announced or not so will keep it quiet for now icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif Ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sorry I cant get over it. This is a shambles.

I dont so much blame Fergie cos he clearly was on the hunt for midfielders this summer.

It's just our utterly awful, AWFUL manner of doing business that leaves us f**ked on such a consistent basis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Im sorry to bring upp the pastbut we could of had players such as Ronaldinho Robben Kept Ruud and Stam and wouldnt need to buy anyone, Staff at manchester are to stubborn icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

...and i was so angry i raped a baby icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!! then i stabbed my dad in the FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif then my sister said "WHATS UP" and im like "DAVID GILL AND FERGIE ****ED ME OFF" icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif so i ate her then ran out into the street and started shouting racist comments !!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you remember to herd the sheep?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

Ruud just got a hat trick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He got a hattrick earlier, 6 in one game?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought i was watching it live icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Was going to mention about Rio should be dropped before Wes but both should be in the team. I would go with this against Arsenal tbh.

Van Der Saar

Neville

Silvestre

Rio

Wes

Evra

Ronaldo

Fletch

Scholes

Rooney

Saha

Subs

Kuszack

Vidic

O'shea

Solskjaer

Smithy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick doesn't even make your bench? Harsh tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Just watched the 2003 Premiership review. Ruud :*********************)

"Introducing 16 year old Wayne Rooney" icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, not a bad show, and featuring the only game I will ever cheer Leeds goals from </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh god yeah. I felt so dirty. Still at university IN leeds then as well, so had loads of inbreds jumping on me at the same time thinking I was happy that they were staying up.

Remember cheering a last minute Liverpool equaliser against Arsenal that season and all. Eurgh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One in the eye for Fergie's enemies too, people mocked us going out and signing two defenders in the transfer window last year and now they're both having praised lavished on them from all of us, and are proving to be important players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very true, but you could still make an argument that they weren't what we needed at that time.

as it is, we got them and you're right, they're looking like two of fergie's better signings in recent years and definite first-teamers atm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well that's the complete opposite of what I have heard. Why would you re-finance to increase your annual payments?

Unless of course the length of the loan has been reduced, in which case overall you will still owe less (depending on the terms of the deal)

Heinze rues cost of World Cup dream

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze feels his mixed season so far may be the price he has paid for pushing himself to make last summer's World Cup.

Despite rupturing cruciate ligaments in the previous September, Heinze still forced his way into Argentina's squad for the finals in Germany.

The 28-year-old appeared in four of his country's five games as they were dumped out at the quarter-final stage by hosts Germany in a penalty shoot-out and returned to Manchester believing he was fully fit.

However, medical tests told another story and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was forced to put the former Paris St Germain star on a personal fitness programme in an effort to increase his muscle strength.

Happily for Heinze, the punishing regime has worked, although he now finds himself behind much-improved Patrice Evra as Ferguson's first-choice left-back.

'I am not far off getting my full form back,' he told MUTV.

'I am happy that I am feeling better with myself but the important thing is that I am playing again.

'It is nice to put those fitness problems behind me. No-one likes that.'

Heinze's dedication to the Argentina cause first surfaced in 2004 when, despite having only signed for the Red Devils a couple of months earlier, he accepted an invitation to play at the Olympics.

The move worked out perfectly given Heinze collected a gold medal in Athens before belatedly joining United and producing a string of superb performances which eventually saw him crowned player of the year ahead of Wayne Rooney.

Although Ferguson admitted last season it would probably be better if Heinze did not go to the World Cup, there was never a question of him trying to stop the tough-tackling defender, although the player himself insists it was not a foolhardy move.

'There is nothing more important in a footballer's life than the chance to represent your country in such an important competition,' he said.

'But when I decided to represent my country at the World Cup, I didn't just do it with my heart. I gave it a lot of thought and used my head.

'It is normal to push yourself. I thought I was fine and when I came back I thought the injury had gone away. I suppose you tend to learn from these things.'

Heinze's second-half introduction against Wigan on Boxing Day was only his 10th Premiership appearance of the campaign.

However, with Ferguson promising changes, he could start tomorrow when Reading head to Old Trafford looking to follow up their surprise draw at Chelsea by taking more points off United, who were held on their visit to the Madejski Stadium in September.

• 2 weeks later...

possibly, and that could well have been partly his fault.

I just wonder if something else isn't right with him...maybe the muscle is his leg hasn't improved enough? It's more than just his 'normal' fitness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How professional is he considered to be off the pitch? I take it there's no question of a Lee Sharpe 'virus' style layoff being part of the equation here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

Nah he's black.

The sun are a bigoted bunch of racists so I can't see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have we met? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you seen photos of me?

im confused, either i have a stalker or we've met icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

The tickets are poor quality, there's probably going to be loads of fakes and most will get in, that United end is going to be packed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless they do what Celtic did....

Which was let the 1st xthousand who arrived into the ground no matter what their ticket looked like and then turned everyone else away (even if they had obviously valid tickets) because 'the end is full'.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

and smith to start v boro please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he doesn't then Fergie needs his head examining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, its got to be Smith + Larsson vs. Boro. No way around it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Reserves are playing tonight but Smith isnt. The lad needs all the games he can get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't risk him, we're basically down to bare bones as it is.

missed him though, we lost 3-0 to a much bigger, dirtier, more physical Sheffield United side, no contest really. only highlight was me getting on the pitch and floating a beautiful pass to Ron-Robert Zieler icon_cool.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

get rid of the cantishness and yeah, he's quality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but you cant, so its moo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry, cows = funny for me. Up there in the top 3 of comedy animals along with the pretty much ever-present monkey family and oft overlooked kangaroo...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I will probably have to work the Friday night to get the Saturday off.

Isn't the price for the Peterbrough friendly a bit steep? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A tad over £20 isn't to bad tbh

Archived