The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Does seem like his heart isnt in it at all. Not really something you want in a player is it.

Getting Hargreaves as part of the deal would be nice, so long as we were getting Carrick from Spurs too.

However, i would still prefer one or two other players ahead of Hargreaves but will not complain in the slightest if we get him.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gudge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

???????????????????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i believe he is trying to say your website is pish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gudge such a hero

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

dodged a bullet with Riquelme there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly Fergie is waving an AK47. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that geriatric couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. same with cronaldo and crosses

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Prediction for the season, Richardson to make himself a first team regular icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish aids on you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, United will be perfect for Kierans level this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

If the season were to start tomorrow, I'd say the best we could hope for is 4th place, a run in one of the domestic cups and scrambling through a few rounds of the CL á la the bindippers/arse. I just don't see this current squad (even with no injuries all season) having enough to finish ahead of Chelsea (ofc), Liverpool or even Arsenal. Quite frankly I'd be a bit worried about Spurs as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I thought you saw nothing to worry about in Arsenal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was back when I misguidedly believed we'd significantly strengthen this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we still could. maybe fergie was just waiting for the italy scandal before he made moves for players. say ac milan were relagated and wed already spent our whole transfer kitty on carrick etc. then we'd have no money for the likes of prilo, gattuso, gilardino, dida etc (just examples peoples).

if he wants to remain a legend in the eyes of supporters hes got to take a step up a level: at least 2 big name signings plus some of the juventus guns and ill eat my words about him losing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

more commitment than giggs icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

hahaha you've made my day kid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet another one who stopped watching Giggs in 2001 it would seem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, giggs may have not been at his best for a few years but the guy is 100% manchester united, plus he's been amazing in pre-season and was actually pretty damn good in centre midfield last season. even if his raw talent is waning at 31/32, his commitment to the club is not even open to doubt.

icon_biggrin.gif im still laughing here icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're not talking about his commitment to the club, we're talking commitment on the pitch, and as asifb said, he's spent a good portion of the last few seasons standing with is hands on his hips whingeing when things haven't gone his way.

As for bashing him, i'll never bash him for what he's done for the club or his history as a player for us, but that should never ever guarantee a player a place when he doesn't cut it any more.

And as for recently, he was alright as a central midfielder last year but not great. If he's been great in pre-season and can keep it going for a good part of the season, fantastic, but i'll not hold my breath just yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if we're talking about commitment on the pitch then you're going to have to get past ince and mcclair first.

Only when I see you Rich.

Man, I don't know, I was SO sure he'd sign and you lot were so against it, no not happening, in my heart I was sure and now it feels like I've been kicked in the head.

COME ONE A LAST MINUTE DECENT SIGNING

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

What will you need players not cuptied for the CL for? You'll be out long before the window reopens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No chance. Even we don't **** this group up. I'd be more concerned about your own icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> GILL: UNITED SNUBBED MASCHERANO MOVE

By Damian Spellman, PA Sport

Manchester United "were never interested'' in Carlos Tevez and turned down the opportunity to sign Javier Mascherano, according to the club's chief executive David Gill.

The arrival of the highly-rated midfielder and his fellow Argentina international Carlos Tevez at West Ham on transfer deadline day sparked a major debate over just how the Londoners had managed to beat the likes of United, Arsenal and Chelsea to their signatures.

However, Gill revealed that as late as last week, United had the chance to snap up Mascherano on a short-term deal.

He said: "We were never interested in Tevez. Mascherano, we were offered him.

"We watched him throughout last season and he played at the World Cup, clearly. We were offered him at the start of the summer transfer window for a significant sum.

"The manager and his staff did not want to pursue that. We were also offered him towards the back end of last week in a loan-type deal for a year, and again we were not interested in that.

"From Manchester United's perspective, Tevez was never on the shopping list. Mascherano we watched closely and very carefully and the experts on that area in our club determined that we did not want to go for him."

United have refused to rule out making another bid for Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves in January.

Gill admitted their interest in the midfielder, who played a starring role in England's 5-0 defeat of Andorra at Old Trafford on Saturday, would persist despite Bayern's refusal to sell this summer.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek show: "Owen was on record as being very interested in coming to us and we were clearly very interested in Owen.

"He is a player we have had on the list for quite a while, actually.

"Obviously Bayern were very keen - and are very keen - to keep him. We will have to see.

"If that situation does not change, then obviously we will not acquire Owen.

"But Bayern have indicated to me that they will let us know if the situation changes and at that point, we hopefully can consummate a deal.

"These things do not just happen on January 1, one has discussions around the year on these particular transactions."

Gill's comments came amid criticism from fans that the club were not active enough towards the end of the transfer window as both Chelsea and Arsenal strengthened.

However, having invested heavily in midfielder Michael Carrick and goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak following the arrivals of Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra in January, Gill defended the club's activity.

He said: "We understand the frustration of fans, who feel we should have been more active.

"But we are very conscious that the quality in our squad is very high and therefore the players we bring in must add to that quality, they must be defined as reasonably valued and very critically, we believe, they must want to be a Manchester United player.

"They are the players we are interested in."

Gill, who insisted the club had not tried to sign France striker David Trezeguet from Juventus, further promised the cash which had not been spent this summer would be available to manager Sir Alex Ferguson in January and beyond.

He said: "Our transfer policy evolves according to what the manager wants and the budget will allow.

"It is important to know just because we have not spent the money we had anticipated in this window, that money is not lost.

"That money will be carried forward, those funds will be available for the right player at the right time.

"I do not think our policy has changed at all."

Meanwhile, United expect to sit down with star striker Wayne Rooney and thrash out a new long-term contract within the next few months.

The 20-year-old is currently two years into a six-year deal, but both he and his employers have shown a willingness to extend that sooner rather than later.

Gill said: "He is a key player for us and his eagerness to sign a long-term deal is great.

"I think there will be developments on that in the course of the next two or three months.

"We want to sit down and tie him to the club for longer, and really importantly for us and for our fans, he wants to do that." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Do you see where the mistake is in threatening aforementioned qualification by playing a formation that has proven to be sh*te on numerous occasions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember 442 being sh*te until 1999. It's very easy to hide behind tactics.

• 4 weeks later...

extract it into your my documents/sports interactive/fm 2007/db folder, and that should be all you need to do

if you're playing with the file that corrects competition names etc, you'll need to copy and paste that in there and delete all the other lnc files

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I'd actually take Fergie upfront at the moment, still got that spring in his neck, could win many a header. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he scored though the celebrations would be more embarrassing than Alan Shearer's Nazi salute.

arsenal will win i reckon, blatantly too strong for us. our current crop's best chance of the youth cup is next season, far too raw atm.

i'm going to drag as many people to OT for the second leg as possible. disgracefully low attendance last round.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the big flag with RIP on it that someone alluded to earlier i think may have been for 'Big John' Wroe. very well-known Red, part of IMUSA and SU etc, passed away a week or so ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was hoping that's why they were wearing the arm bans

He had no family left so IMUSA paid for his funeral. One of the best things i have ever heard made me proud to be a red

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mourinho said: "United are very lucky they don't have to play here next week. Can you imagine them here next weekend?

"That's the game where they will slip up, against us, so they're very lucky." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is right though. If we had to play Chelsea next weekend i think they would have slaughtered us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup, without a doubt. even when they eventually play us they'll win

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Barcelona and Porto just escaped relegation in their CL winning seasons iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did i say winners?

no

Fair play to Rob Smyth to linking to that in his recent article.

Though, when you read it he hits the spot many times. Makes what has happened this season even more amazing.

Who could have expected Ronaldo to put the World Cup behind him in such emphatic style, for Arsenal and Liverpool to be so lame in the premiership, for Scholes to come back so strong (an extended Bergkampesque indian summer hopefully), Fletcher to grow some balls and for Evra and expecially Vidic to improve so much so quickly?

• 2 weeks later...

I had actually forgotten the footbal lwas on tonight until I saw the paper this morning & it was already bumming Liverpool like they had solved world hunger.

Gonna watch series 2 of peep show again I think & avoid the result until tomorrow morning.

However there is some sick twisted element of me that wants to sit & torture myself by watching it.

Queiroz and Gill in Lisbon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Controllers of Sporting and Manchester United had congregated this morning, in a hotel of Lisbon, to argue the transference of Nani.

A private meeting, to the highest level, where they had been David Gill, director-generality, and Carlos Queiroz for the Manchester United; Miguel Ribeiro Telles and Carlos Freitas for the Sporting and still Jorge Mendes, entrepreneur of Nani.

The meeting started morning early.

For return of the eleven hours, David Gill and Carlos Queiroz the installations of the hoteleira unit had left. Both very made use well, with the Portuguese trainer particularly amused. How much the words, nothing.

David Gill is the man of the Manchester United that closes contracts and deals with the most important questions in the soccer of the club. Its presence in Lisbon indicates that it is not about one any preparatory meeting, but yes of a patrol of negotiations to the highest level.

About half hour later it was the time of the entrepreneur Jorge Mendes to leave the hotel. “I cannot make commentariesâ€, had been the only words, when collated with the possibility of Nani if to transfer of the Sporting to the Manchester United.

For this height, already they had also left the hotel Miguel Ribeiro Telles and Carlos Freitas.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived