The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Apparently our two cheese-eating surrender monkeys are due to start their must-win game this evening. Hopefully Mickey will do well in the shop window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but Saha'll last less time than Owen did icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

who said anything about signing world class players? i'd just like us to aim a bit higher than a player that would have the scum, the classless ones and the gooners justifiably p!ssing themsleves laughing at us. kthx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who cares what they think Scatter if he's a decent player?

How much Bundesliga football have you seen?>

Pete watches more than most here and he's adamant he's a good buy, several others, including me, Keyser and Nick have seen enough of him for Bayern to ascertain that he'd be a good signing for us.

It's not just about buying players who are perceived to be high quality players. You can still buy players who are underrated or barely known and have them turn out to be outstanding signings.

Conversley, you can also sign world class players or players with big reputations who just turn out to be poor when playing for a particular side or in a particular league.

Hargreaves would be a good alternative to one or two of the names we've been linked with, would work hard for us, and i do not believe he would let us down.

Sure he wont be spectacular if we were to get him, but who wants spectacular from a defensive midfielder?

Ronaldo Ronaldo Ronaldo

who the feck cares what he did today he'll still be as frustrating for us next season tbh. Let him come back to a kick up the arse from Rooney might learn to be less of a i'm scoring here feck youy guy then icon_wink.gif

Signings

Carrick would do nicely, if Ruud goes then surely we can get by without a need for a replacment we'd have Rooney, Saha, Rossi (no need for loan if ruud left) and when he recovers smudger back in his proper position.

Ronaldo wont be going anywhere unless it was for a huge fee we got £12 mill for Mikel after all through dubiosu transfer dealings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger fights the good fight :***)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ARSENE WENGER wants divers like Cristiano Ronaldo to be subjected to a trial by video.

Arsenal boss Wenger was appalled by the antics of the sly Manchester United winker, who kept throwing himself to the ground at the World Cup.

Wenger said: “These things must now be looked at after the match with a view to taking retrospective action.

"The trouble is a generation of players has grown up with Maradona’s Hand of God as an example.â€

Wenger’s words are sure to infuriate Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson — who does not take kindly to his players being slated.

In the past, Wenger has also accused Ronaldo’s club-mate Ruud van Nistelrooy of diving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wenger's former captain practising what his boss preaches :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's really singled Ronaldo out in those quotes, hasn't he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well indeed, hence why I shied away from opening this up to the whole of OTF.

Still, amusing to see Wenger taking any kind of stance on diving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wengers actually outraged at thierry henry having a sex change just before the world cup.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah i actually love benayoun but hes not what we need at the moment. reported fee is closer to £10m than 5 and with us doing the negotiating that would be closer to £15m all in.

id like a ball winning midfielder before a flair player right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, fair enough, I just assumed his fee would be £7 million tops but at £10 million I wouldn't want him - considering your other limitation's etc.

Oh well, to bed now, hopefully when I wake up Liverpool will have Kuyt, you'll have Carrick and Reo-Coker, Arsenal will have Davies and Nolan - and we'll be all set for a fanastic four-way title race.

Until November icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Him nutmegging Gerrard reminds me of a funny moment from yesterday actually.

Our coach was getting ready to leave when a bloke at the back goes mad, without the swearing..

"Look at that in the other coach, I can't bloody believe im, twat in an England shirt with Gerrard on the back...ffs he should be shot, I'm disgusted."

Was a LOT stronger than that icon_biggrin.gif But he gets everyone to look and before he got the chance to get out and go and personally abuse the Gerrard lover the coach set off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cottager:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

DIE SEASON DIE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong thread?

united going to win the league icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yes icon_cool.gif

BELIEVE icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

GET ME ROMAN GRILL icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmmmmmmmmmmmm... roman grill... i had one of those the other day at this nice little restaurant overlooking the harbour. came with sides of curly amarillo fries and caesar salad. yum yum yum yum yum yum. icon_biggrin.gif

rossi going on loan is fine, we're signing javier today. icon14.gif

please. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

Why bother trying to flatter a player who is beyond your reach now while potentially undermining current members of your squad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, practically ever member of the squad is on record as saying how we need new midfielders, even the existing incumbents in that position. Hardly undermining them by agreeing and saying we want to bring in one of the very best?

And I'd say that undermining your manager probably a worse road to go down as well frankly.

As for being out of our reach, he'll be at West Ham twelve months. If we somehow have any money, we'll be in contention for his signature (we have first option if reports are to be believed) so that's not strictly true is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The out of reach comment basically meant for the next 12 months obviously.

Anyway, in summary, who knows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's exactly it. No-one knows, but even if you and Ben are right about MSI offering unacceptable terms and this being a cover-up, Gill's still monumentally ****ed up with his statement this morning and we have every right to be fuming.

Basically whatever's gone on here, the club and certain individuals have screwed up big-time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

I don't think Richardson's as awful a player as people make out, but he's not shown enough for us not to get rid in the Summer. The potential was definitely there and he was given a good loan spell and enough chances in the first team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has potential in that hes fast and can sometimes hit a ball hard. Nothing else. Mid-table Prem player at BEST. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. I kinda forgot to make my point at the end there icon_biggrin.gif

He's been given every chance to fulfil his potential but he's not done it. It's down to him not working, I suspect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ruud has scored twice for Real tonight :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:**********) simultaneously though

And Razor, what do you think he meant? He was aiming to put it back in towards the far post.. its a bit harsh to write it all off as a fluke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just headed towards the far post, as you said. No way he meant to score with it. I'm feckin' glad he did score, though. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Seems we will never crack the American market icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But we have the strength to be there icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Anxious wait on Saha fitness

Louis Saha is concerned that a groin injury could ruin his chances of playing for France in the forthcoming 2008 European Championship qualifiers.

Saha, who has also been carrying a hamstring injury, will meet up with the French squad this week for treatment.

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson has already indicated that he would prefer France not to take a chance on the 28-year-old's fitness. But he added that, if Saha was deemed fully fit, he has no qualms with him being involved.

"I have felt pain since the Champions League match at Benfica," Saha said. "I haven't trained since that game.

"I will go to Clairefontaine and we will see what the doctor's decision is."

The injury means Saha, who has been partnering Arsenal striker Thierry Henry up front for Raymond Domenech's side recently, is a major doubt for France's match against Scotland on Saturday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

I hope he signed because Fergie has made enquires about Huntelaar or Torres and got firm only in the summer. He realises we need some more fire power and is willing to wait to get the man he wants.

But in truth we are getting no one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

defoe ftw

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

hmm, we didn't miss much when making this deal actually;

"Rooney signed a two year extension with United, which kicked in a clause of an extra £1.5m payable to the Blues"

Not too shabby considering we were basically bankrupt upon his sale and begging for a bidder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thing you're not taking another million for each time he's going to the bathroom.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

go ronnie btw matt icon14.gif so ****ing good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's ok, I've paid Juni £1,000 to go and stab him after the match.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Yeah, Ruud and Scholes basically won us the 03 title, he deserves to be in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

beckham got about 18 assists, you cannot discount him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was paraphrasing. Of course others played their part - Rio was outstanding, it was Keane's last hurrah etc. On the Beckham point though, I think it's important to note that in those crunch games towards the end of the season - the ones where the title was essentially decided - Ole was playing on the right.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

There are no positives here, stop straw clutching. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here was me thinking we'd gone through to the quarter finals icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You're a ****ing WYCOMBE FAN for christs sake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...who's only been to the Chelsea ties.

Christ you don't do much to endear yourself to people Pickles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Season ticket ordered for next season already, only because of my community service I didn't have one this year.

I don't get to see United much so couldn't gaf if people are miffed cos I can get tickets and they can't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fed up with defending Ronaldo really. seems journalists and all sorts of fans - neutrals or otherwise - expect him to win these big games single-handedly even when the rest of the team are poor, the manager gets his tactics all wrong and he's being double marked. suppose it was always gonna happen with the press especially - build him up knock him down etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a blog entry on the guardian so i replied this morning. Basically, i find it hard to see how someone can write an article saying he never turns up in big games, which lists the big games in which he has been great. icon_confused.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thai goverment block your link, no ********. What's it? I know it's yourtube site from right click and look at proporty....

here's what happen when I click your link

stupid thai goverment

Archived