The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Hogwash, Mark, absolute hogwash. I never said that the changes were:

a) the right ones

b) always worked

did I?

and again, you neatly sidestep the ambition issue.

For my money, RvN doesn't have to justify requesting a transfer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that's just it, until this season the only change they'd made at all was in the name of Perez puppet who parked in the parking space marked 'coach'. The philosophy was identical for years, in terms of who got bought and who got picked.

Personally, i don't have a problem with him wanting a transfer for the sake of ambition. I'm just simply less convinced than you that was the reason given he was jumping off one sinking ship straight onto another, i think it was ridiculous if he was doing it right before a cup final (although we don't know that for sure), and i get sick of players saying how they have no intention of leaving etc in public, while they're trying to jump ship through their agent.

I don't hate the guy, and i don't blame him for wanting to play for Madrid. I'll always respect him for what he's done in the time he's been here.

I just dislike the way he's gone about things off the field, and i hate fact that he seems to be treated like some sort of latter day saint in here who can do no wrong. It's like if you're anti Fergie Ruud must be right, and if you're pro Ruud Fergie must be wrong. Life simply isn't that black and white.

• 2 weeks later...
icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif I hate him so much. I want to invent a time machine and travel back so I can strangle him in his crib as an infant. I'd rip his bloody....GOAL!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif what a strike, son. I will name my firstborn cronaldo w. pigsbladder to honor him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Mika will just get abuse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But not from you as you'll be leaving early icon14.gif

And I want to be in earlier this time, I'm sick of getting in and missing the kickoff icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

from the aforementioned thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i actually think the team you posted dp is the strongest liverpool can line up, it looks immense to me.

will utterly dominate SU who look to be the weakest of the weak this year. and yes, nwiafc.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sweet christ icon_biggrin.gif

rooting? pointing out what i think their strongest line up is? pointint out i think they will roll over the dregs of sheffield?

buy some sense and stop spending your hard earned cash on pies tubs. this merry bandwagon being led by the highbury screamer so fitting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still choosing the scouse over the under dogs, always back the under dog and especially even more so when faced with the scouse....shocking behaviour

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

07? is Ginger? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooooh you're a dead man

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

James:

I was just thinking that from that particular angle you looked like um... well, Dominik Diamond, actually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

Was Hargreaves a United fan when he was a younger? I know he had beckham posters but was he a fan of the player or the team? Would make his urge to play for us even more understandable... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Owen has always said he wanted to prove himself in England and believe it or not we are one of the best and biggest teams in England.

He doubts he will ever get another offer like this and so is trying to push the move through.

I don't think Evra will have massive concentration problems (like Silvestre). He was just been unlucky. He couldn't do anything with the handball either. He went in to block the ball and it hit his arm accidently. John Terry has made a career out of that.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Good to see Vidic getting acknowledgment for yesterday, I personally would have given him man of the match as he seemed to be in the way of everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if we'd have been under any prolonged pressure, then maybe. but the the fact newcastle wouldn't have scored in a brothel with a million pounds kinda makes it hard to pick a defender as MotM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, exactly what I said. He was good but you have to take who he was up against into account. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also think a lot of the distribution from the back was quite sloppy both from him and Rio, especially when he nearly repeated the Benfica mistake, trying to carry it out and getting caught in posession. I hope he's now got it out of his system after trying it twice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary gave him the mother of all bollockings after that, and Vidic either didn't notice or (more likely) completely ignored him to the point Nev eventually ran over and basically said "OI, you will listen to me icon_mad.gif".

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Nah but mates how ****ing unlucky is the MUFC calender?

Flip it over to November to see the big black sexy figure of Louis Saha. Who of course just got injured.

Add this to Wesley being dropped for pretty much all of his month, Ruud leaving before his, and long-term injuries to Heinze, Smudger and Scholesy during their turns and... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I jinxed Saha as on Monday after Mark had started the RVN debate I remember walking back from Uni thinking "if Saha does his knee in again I wonder what he'd say, he's due one".

Tuesday morning I wake up to SSN to hear that he has indeed done his knee in.

Sorry Louis.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

The most disliked person who has ever wrote on this thread is back icon_smile.gif I cba going on about Glazer's all over again but here are some of the answers to the previous questions.

- Dad dislikes Glazers but isn't a protester or anything like that.

- I went to final in '99 (I were 7)

- I hardly own any United shirts and don't do all that other crap like buy a coke and take photos. (I thought that comment were pretty funny)

Im not on for long so if you are planning on slagging me off, do it quick! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not saying you are a liar but if every red who told me they were there in '99 had actually been there I imagine there would have been about 300,000 inside the stadium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knowing him, I can vouch for him that he did go

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manu legend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Well, if anything it makes the Benfica game a bit exciting icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah the fact that if we lose we r out of the cl group stages for da 2nd time in 2 years. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get out of the thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Not seen the penalty but it sounded harsh on the radio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope you meant that in a jokey way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the way it was described on the radio made it sound harsh. I've not seen any footage of the game at all (I hate not having a TV in my room). Their free kick sounded harsh aswell.

• 4 weeks later...

you're talking rubbish james.

if he's trying to save the shot then he should be spreading himself and attacking reo coker in a one-v-one type situation. that's not what he does.

there's no way he should be diving across his line, 5 yards away from the forward, in the vain hope that his 6'5 frame might cover enough of the 24' goal

Jules, thats all I wanted - more than anything a summary of where his ability levels are at the minute outside the obvious free-kick skills.

I understand the notion of buying and then loaning out a youngster of very high potential all too well but its the fact that the rep had no real substance for me to support justifying the investment thats being suggested.

Anyway yeah match, first half dire, made a few chances but not enough, Park impressed though.

Second half, obviously much better, Ronaldo ftw, I actually can't be bothered to say anything more elaborate.

Oh, apart from that the O'Shea/Richardson midfield pairing we ended up with was disgustingly bad.

But yeah, great days resultswise, only Arsenal and City ruining it.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

been kicking arse here boys. the best response he's mustered is 'the glaziers are going to want to ensure that the team is successful otherwise they won't make any money'. pretty weak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While that is true it begs the question, "What is Success?"

While we might see league and European titles as success they might consider top 4 finishes and passing the CL group stage every year as success and the later requires a lot less investment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

id honestly love to see mika's room, i bet its like something from that partridge episode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which would be like what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About 2 min 10 secs into this clip icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah I see icon_biggrin.gif

I'm saying nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1258668,00.html

Just emailed sky

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> To whom it may concern.

I was there on Saturday and from the angle where I was sitting, it looked to me that Rio screamed "Have that you prawn sandwich SCUM" and launched the ball (which was filled with lead) at the woman, then after the game he gave her his shirt which was covered in itching powder and kicked her in the ovaries, it's disgraceful, on a serious note, write about something newsworthy like Gerrard diving for England last week, oops, my mistake, Ronaldo is the only player that has "dived" ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the Richardson thing, I read in here and see that you all think hes crap, and everyone booed him last night, but surely you should clap players of your team when they're brought on, even if they are rubbish?

Or are you trying to drive him out?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Our squad just isn't good enough. We all knew we'd be screwed with a few injuries and now we've got them.

It didn't help that a lot of the players were thinking of Milan though. As was Fergie considering Richardson started and Giggs was on the bench. Surely the Portsmouth game tought us that Giggs will not save the day when dragged off the bench. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair the entire back four out is hardly 'a few injuries' - although our first teamers have still missed vastly more games this season than yours through injury - just unlucky for you that it has came at this end of the season.

ALl of our remaining fixtures are very much possibilities of dropping points to you guys are still favourites - and would rather the Champs' League than the Premiership anytime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the fact that they came all out once. Don't think u guys had an entire line out icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thepain:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

yeah I'm more than aware who Real Madrid's manager is but given Valdano's connections to Madrid and the fact he seems to be speaking on behalf of them, I can make that link.

ta though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not speaking on behalf of Madrid, he's speaking on behalf of himself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, considering his position, he's always speaking on behalf of Madrid.

• 2 weeks later...

Also just looking at Alvaro Recoba he is out of contract at the end of the season. He's only 30 perhaps a cheeky bid for him?

Rotating him and Giggs would be sweet - He would be an awesome player for 2 years at least giving us more time and saving us money to buy Nani or whoever in a couple of years?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

True but how much could we realisitically get for him? £7-8 million? If we pushed it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if we say £7m, you're talking about losing 30% of his value. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but it's all relative old man. If we sold him for £300k when his value is £600k we would be losing 50% of his value.

Selling him for £5 million seem fine. He isn't getting any younger, there aren't any ill feelings & he has spent time out through injury/form. I could understand if we wanted to keep him & teams were trying to coax him away but that's not the case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the problem though, there's at least a perception that we undervalue a lot of our outgoing transfers. So it's not a one off loss of £2m (which i'd still be worried about even if that was the case), but the potential cumulative effect of a number of such cases.

Incidentally, i don't see what the downside is of trying to get similar value on ougoing transfers as we seem to have to pay on incoming ones?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

We should keep Rossi at United and play him, if we don't we risk losing him to an Italian team. Why we would be interested in Anelka when we already have Rossi (especially with the "Smith Leaving" rumours) is beyond me. Plus it's unlikely to have any more money spent on the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely the 'Smith Leaving' rumour adds to our need for another striker?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and we lose 1 if we send Rossi out on yet another trip to Italy, possibly forever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

Aaaaaaaaawwww ffs!

OWEN! You must be bloody kidding me!?

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had to put him out of his misery, i didn't have the heart to carry on. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived