The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Carrick was being touted to join before the £12m from Obi Mikel became available. One would imagine that fee will be used to fund any further deals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Mika, I've been meaning to ask, where do you find the time to follow so many sports (snooker, darts, formula one etc) so closely?

I'm not counting football, btw. Anyone who thinks we should keep Silvestre clearly has no more than a passing interest in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man Utd target Tevez makes Corinthians threat

Argentine star Carlos Tevez has put Europe's biggest clubs on red alert after threatening to quit Corinthians last night.

Tevez is fed-up with being barracked by Corinthians fans and snapped yesterday: "I have proposals from other teams.

"I want to stay with Corinthians, but if they continue offending me in this way, I will leave."

Tevez has been a long-term target for Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who could turn to the Argie if Atletico Madrid refuse to consider negotiating a fee for Fernando Torres.

Atletico are insisting United meet Torres' �42 million buyout clause, which may force Fergie to sound out Corinthians about Tevez's availability.

The striker is good pals with United fullback Gaby Heinze and controversially attended a Corinthians media conference last season wearing a United jersey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

I really think Ibrahimovic would be a hit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely still look at upwards of €20m for him though? Not ideal given our midfield situation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

hey, i'm not saying he can't - or won't - get better. not saying that at all.

the fact remains though, that right now, saying he is very average is being quite kind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trying a tad too hard, if you ask me. Seems the lad's desperate to make his mark.

Can't blame him, though. Wouldn't you want to be the main striker for the best team in the World ? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

striker?

errrr... i was talking about momomomomomo not rossi.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Scatter dude, what the hell is that mess supposed to be?

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's really pretty simple to follow, surely? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh its able to be followed, just that it'd be nicer to have bolded the different formations to make clearer distinctions.

I'm just bored in work tbh.

i offered that bet a few pages ago. no takers icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've all seen Neighbours, your pints are like shots over here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I should really stop myself getting so giddy. OH has definately moved above Senna in my imaginery midfield pecking order, and I'm going to be very gutted when we inevitably fail to land him.

I'm sure we'd all of course still love to see Mascherano coming, if only because Mark spells Hargreaves right on an annoyingly consistent basis.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha yeah icon_biggrin.gif

Be úber if we get Tevez and Hargreaves though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you wake up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh if I was dreaming it'd blatantly be Ruud back in the side ahead of Tevez :***) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly :**)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you muppets still banging on about the numbers theory when the two main flaws in the argument are king and queen of this very thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You two were how we came up with the theory in the first place icon_rolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I will say one thing Mark, I'd rather have a debate with the majority of the people that populate this thread than wade out into the deeper waters of OTF when dealing with such topics.

Might not solve anything but I think it would at least have a semblance of a chance to remain relatively constructive.

But maybe thats pie in the sky thinking.

Or we could just blame Fergie for making a questionable statement to begin with and Mika for expanding upon it.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

On the same level, people are judging him because he isn't scoring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goals and assists are not "on the same level". And they're judging him because of the number of chances he's missing, and because his all round play is not anywhere near his best at the minute.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

All this talk of Ruud, let's watch him at 20:00 on SS1. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

I'm expecting Chelsea to win this match and it is always good to see the scouse lose BUT any points dropped by Chelsea are a bonus so I will be happy if they win.

Cheering as Leeds beat Arsenal to hand us the league so odd. I cheer, then feel dirty for a second, then reasoning takes over and I cheer again icon_cool.gif

I'm dreading the summer, not just because of the usual transfer rumours/wums etc but the whole Ronaldo thing, Gill was interviewed and said

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gill said any offer would have to go to the club's owners, the Glazer family, for consideration - but is adamant it would be rejected.

"If I put it to them it would be a very short call," he explained. "If the manager says 'no sale' then they go along with it without a doubt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If an offer came in for Ronaldo of say 40/45 million, they'd take it in a heartbeat.

It's probably the only way that we'll make any significant signings by selling Ronaldo, just that bit of he'd have to make the call fills me with such doubt icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with Nick, it's heartbreaking (dramatic I know) when you apply for aways, get chubbed and then you see hoards of ***** dressed in replicas (generally foreign), not moving and filming the game with a bastard mobile phone/camcorder.

You have the likes of James07?/his parents that travel all over, iirc they've done all the euro aways this season, it comes to arguably the biggest game of the season so far (semi) and bam they get chubbed whilst some ****** who hasn't been to any aways gets a ticket.

Dreading what the criteria for the cup final will be and no doubt we'll see the same replica clad muppets filming the game.

it's an utter disgrace, no doubt Chelsea will get the same allocation as us even though they couldn't be arsed to travel 4 hours to Manchester.

Hope those who go on aways regularly get lucky with the ballot.

I've just got a regret email through for the home leg of Milan but it said that there's another ballot on Friday which, well to be frank I can't say I see the point in. Is it in case they get returned/rejected tickets from the first ballot to pass on to those who entered but were unlucky?

No word on whether I've got one for the last day of the season as yet but I think my average success rate will result in Boro on Saturday probably being my last OT trip this season.

Loving how well Rossi is playing for Parma, hopefully he'll keep them up and Fergie will bring him back as a regular. The Saha thing has been coming for a while, the upside is that his early season should have kept his market value at a decent level and we can make back about £7mill back on him. Don't expect Gill to get a higher figure out of any potential suitor.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

ronaldo, scholes and heinze are all on two yellows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be gutted if any of them weren't involved tbh. Only one we can cope without by late May if our injuries clear up is Gabby but still would hate it if he missed out.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

walilaws </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That should actually be his new user name icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

I think if you do sign Nani then you'll want Defoe from us as he'll be your cheapest option for that position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nani all yours now by the looks of it.

Archived