The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But Rooney — who had previously threatened to split Ronaldo in two with a pickaxe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is as pathetic as it is hilarious.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Beckham never exactly bombed down the wing when he played for us. He was never one to run for 90 minutes either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously? Beckham's engine was one of his biggest attributes.

Beckham was fantastic until the moment he decided that he should play central midfield even when he'd been selected on the right. From then on, he was far less effective, and nothing's changed in that regard. Plus he's one of those players who's name mean he would cost a few million more than his genuine worth.

• 2 weeks later...

I fear Fergie is going to line up with Scholes and Carrick as our first choice midfield next season. icon_frown.gif

Scholes won't be dropped. Fergie has said as much. And I don't see him spending £14 million + on a player and putting him on the bench.

I hope that's not true. I started to worry that Fergie was carrying on down the Blanc route of buying the players he's always admired regardless of whether they were still able to produce the things that first impressed him when we were linked with Vieira. If we were in for Nedved that would just confirm it.

Who's next then? Are we finally be going to secure the signing of David Hirst as our replacement striker?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

John Van Lampard icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking more sense than a fair few in here today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. That's what makes it funnier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

btw when Fowler actually WINS a Champions League, rather than swanning about pretty pathetically bragging about "5" he's had no involvement in whatsoever... only THEN will he be close to being merely a laughable comparison to Ole

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fowler won the CL as a fan icon_cool.gif Just as good tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Oh btw mark, Nick said that he's going to cripple you at the next meetup icon_biggrin.gif

And they're currently nicking all the souvenier flags to sell on ebay. icon15.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's alright, the game'll be over before he gets there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

there was a link on the article the beeb put up earlier where you could apply to get one of the fivers but for whatever reason theyve removed it from the article now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thread on RI has details on how to order them, won't be up and running until mid-November though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Yeah - but I am not too intrested about that unless we go seriously under (like Leeds) and I don't think he bought the club to lose money. Im more bothered about results and our players, if I didn't support Glazer I would of give up my season ticket and become an FCUM fan. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whereas I'm sure Ridsdales plan was to lose money.

Is that far from MK? Looks like I'll be going back home to spend christmas with the family but I've told them I'm coming back up on Boxing Day for the Wigan game, getting one of the supporters coaches up looks like the best/only option.

I'm pretty sure the Oxfordshire branch pick-up at Bicester which is about 15 miles from Buckingham, just wondering if the Bedfordshire lot picked up any nearer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The new Bruce and Pally?

Former Reds centre-back Gordon McQueen believes Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic can rival the rock-solid defensive pairing of Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister.

Sir Alex paid Norwich £825,000 for Brucie in December 1987, then a year later purchased Pally from Middlesbrough for £2.3million, and from there the two were virtually inseparable until 1996 when Bruce left.

The Reds boss assembled his current first-choice duo for a figure in excess of £35m, but McQueen reckons Sir Alex has hit upon an impressive, but difficult-to-achieve, blend of talents.

"You have to say that it will be extremely difficult for anyone to match Steve and Gary's record together," he told the Manchester Evening News. "Apart from ability, the biggest plus they had was that they were very rarely injured. You can build an understanding when you play game after game, season after season.

"If Ferdinand and Vidic are blessed with the same fortune in terms of fitness then the early signs are looking very good that they could create a similar partnership."

United have conceded just two goals in the seven matches the pair have started together this season - giving credence to the notion that Rio and Vida can emulate their predecessor’s illustrious partnership.

“They are shaping up into an impressive partnership and it seems clear now that it is the pairing that Sir Alex wants to go with,†added McQueen.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Reaction from the wall is not good icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be f**king angry if I'd gone and that team was picked tbf icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Maybe if he scored a 1 on 1 every now & again people would cut him some slack. Considering that was Ruud's strong point & Saha now has some kind of mental block when he gets in those situations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut up you twat, they have different aspects to their game. maybe if ruud scored from outside the box now and then he'd still be at the club? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who you calling a twat?

My point was that it's usually after he misses a 1 v 1 when Ruud chants have started this season. It's ineveitable giving the **** elements of any crowd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Scatter - just tried uploading the db, had no luck getting it to work tonight. i'll have another go in the morning and then ask for help if it still isn't working. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Need a hand?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

*shrugs off jibes*

id honestly love to see mika's room, i bet its like something from that partridge episode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

nice one Gonch icon_biggrin.gif

what mark said.

Schmeichel was the best gk this country has ever seen, if not the world, regardless of how good VDS was, and VDG was better than Kuzscazak.

Stam had his best season in '99 and was better than any centre back we currently have, for that year at least. fwiw Brown was fb that year too, hardly put a foot wrong.

Neville is probably better now due to experience, but the Neville/Ronaldo partnership isn't as good as the Beckham one.

Irwin, legend nuff said.

Beckham was at his peak, and as good as Ronaldo is now, Beckham was so much more effective back then, his style of play just suited Yorke and Cole perfectly, cross: goal, cross:goal.

Keane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carrick

Scholes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scholes

Giggs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Giggs

Yorke and Cole as a partnership>>>>Rooney and Yorke, in fact Rooney has been pretty average this year.

Then you get onto the reserves.

Solskjaer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Solskjaer

Sheringham>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith

Blomqvist=Park maybe

Butt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Richardson

Johnsen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>O'Shea

I understand what Nick is saying, this team don't really deserve the treble, but I really want Scholes to win the CL so, league and ECL please icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

any of you guys without tickets should come up to the wall anyway. assuming we'll still have a chance of winning it then of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well up for that.

I don't think Neville or Giggs deserved to be in the team of the season. I am guessing Giggs is in there sinmply because of a lack of competition.

Guess Neville was just lucky that people chose Gerrard in midfield rather than at rightback I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6627587.stm

A hoaxer targeted Manchester United stars with suspicious packages twice in two days, police have revealed.

They were called to United's Carrington training ground on Wednesday over staff concerns about a delivery of parcels.

The complex, in Trafford, was at the centre of a security scare the day before over a similar package containing an "unidentified substance".

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said they believed the same person was responsible for both incidents.

Tests carried out on the packages established the substance was not harmful.

The package received on Tuesday was addressed to Sir Alex Ferguson, while those received on Wednesday are believed to have been sent to Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.

A GMP spokeswoman said: "Further suspicious packages were discovered on Wednesday 2 May at the Manchester United training ground at Carrington.

"This followed a call on Tuesday 1 May following reports that an unidentified substance had been discovered in an envelope delivered to the address.

"At this stage it would appear that all of the packages have been sent by the same person.

"Officers are continuing to investigate the origins of these packages. No-one has been injured during these incidents."

The complex in Trafford, Greater Manchester, was immediately sealed off as officers investigated on Wednesday.

Staff at the training ground have been told to be vigilant following the security scares.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we have a suspect. He goes by the name of M.Ball

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Congrats guys,keep it nice for its return to Liverpool next season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Return suggests its been there before no?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

can i change my favourite moment to mark getting sonned by a random? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. Gosh, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that by your self. Mmm. That's so fresh, too. Any Titanic jokes you want to throw into this forum while we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? Because we're right here. God you're so funny! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will you have my babies jules?

Archived