The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I’m still neutral, I haven’t seen a dip in the club as yet, so I am still not a hater. But SSN saying they have been a success because we won the Carling Cup is utter ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you haven't seen a dip? what about the summer transfer activity?

oh yeah, we 'splashed out' on Carrick, my bad

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I’m still neutral, I haven’t seen a dip in the club as yet, so I am still not a hater. But SSN saying they have been a success because we won the Carling Cup is utter ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yeah, we 'splashed out' on Carrick, my bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much has Fergie bidded on Hargreaves? Torres? We'll see what happens in January, if nobody arrives then icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

How much has Fergie bidded on Hargreaves? Torres? We'll see what happens in January, if nobody arrives then icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much has he bid on them? genuine question? icon_biggrin.gif

the answer is precisely zero btw, and that's straight from David Gill's mouth.

How much has Fergie bidded on Hargreaves? Torres? We'll see what happens in January, if nobody arrives then icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? You tell us how much he bid, as far as i know he hasnt bid for either. In fact didnt it come out in the press that we didnt actually offer even a penny for Hargreaves.

The simple fact is any player purchases come out of the money made from player sales. We have made more money from player sales than we have spent.

I dont see us Splashing out to buy an Andy Cole, Rooney or Ferdinand. Making 2 or 3 big signings in a summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

More chance of Fergie coming out of player retirement than us getting Torres </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never know, we might sell a Ronaldo or a Ferdinand in the near future to allow us to buy him.

How can any United fan think the Glazers taking us over is a good thing? We've went from being the richest club in the world who could buy the likes of Rooney, Torres, etc at any time to being in tons of debt that only a "cunning plan" could ever get rid of.

how much has he bid on them? genuine question? icon_biggrin.gif

the answer is precisely zero btw, and that's straight from David Gill's mouth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Have we actually even spoken to Bayern about Owen ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

tbh

the collar up >>> clutching the sleeve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what feckin' collar ? No collars back then, son.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I dont see us Splashing out to buy an Andy Cole, Rooney or Ferdinand. Making 2 or 3 big signings in a summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll probably buy Cole back in january as cover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

haha, I find it hilarious that I've outnumbered my Irish compatriot snipersdream in round-up inclusions, despite him having about 40 posts for every one I made in that period. icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although, tbh, quality >>>>>> quantity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"2-4-6-8, who do we appreciate?"

I was barely on OTF in August anyway since I was experiencing, em, 'career difficulties'. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My 'quality >> quantity' comment was not in opposition to my heaps of posts during that period in case you've gotten the wrong idea there. icon_razz.gif

Sad to hear that snipes. Things sorted anois?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I dont see us Splashing out to buy an Andy Cole, Rooney or Ferdinand. Making 2 or 3 big signings in a summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll probably buy Cole back in january as cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that was a joke but i'd fecking love it if we got Cole back. He might be well past being of any use but he was my favourite player during his stay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnzy:

Popped in to say unlucky - you wernt the best but played better than celtic. And Saha is a useless lazy bar steward </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"You werent the best", What?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnzy:

Popped in to say unlucky - you wernt the best but played better than celtic. And Saha is a useless lazy bar steward </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"You werent the best", What? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didnt play at your best.

Archived