The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

apparently Gary Neville was commentating on the youth cup game for MUTV and let slip that we only practice set pieces in training for 15 minutes every fortnight. absolutely criminal if that's true icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many days a week do we actually train now?

It wouldn't be ****ing awesome. It'd be rubbish. I want nothing but pain for other English clubs in Europe, ESPECIALLY Liverpool (who btw are pretty much definately through now).

In fact the only reason I wouldn't mind Arsenal going through is I reckon they'd do Liverpool over 2 legs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

if they do anything il be suprised and shocked tbh.

Its a dangerous precedent, Will the Arse Blackburn game at the weekend be replayed at the emirates because the ref didnt give arse a pen they deserved.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two Words for you.

Michel Platini

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

It wouldn't be ****ing awesome. It'd be rubbish. I want nothing but pain for other English clubs in Europe, ESPECIALLY Liverpool (who btw are pretty much definately through now).

In fact the only reason I wouldn't mind Arsenal going through is I reckon they'd do Liverpool over 2 legs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs i hope all english clubs go out bar us. english teams are the strongest in the competition this year by quite a distance in my eyes. Real are having a shambles of a year, bayern arent the force they were, neither are milan, inter are never great in europe, lyon have gone off the boil a little in the french league, barca are in dis-array, valencia are hit and miss, dont rate porto.

english clubs clearly favourites. just hope its united.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

platini is indeed afc.

Also alilaw wouldnt it be good to knock out the scum yourselves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I come over all Mika when it comes to playing the scouse. NEVER think we'll get anything from the game, especially at Anfield.

I'd much prefer Saha's scenario tbh... *prays*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

lads can you get cramp in your arms from clapping too much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's the clapping thst's yourproblem, gonch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

I don't think it's the clapping thst's yourproblem, gonch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what mark said.

I'm trying to get over the fact that you need two arms.

I heard you saved the day when Mark got lost?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I heard you saved the day when Mark got lost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am a hero icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

what mark said.

I'm trying to get over the fact that you need two arms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

honestly, thats the only reason i can think as to why i could barely move my arms yesterday. the united calypso went on for ages, i just kept clapping and clapping icon_biggrin.gif

i will write my full analysis of events later for anyone that is interested. probably.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

what mark said.

I'm trying to get over the fact that you need two arms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you know what the stereotype is about black men in that respect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Stadium chief defends actions

The head of security at Lens has rejected talk that his team were heavy-handed with Manchester United fans.

United's 1-0 win over Lille in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night was overshadowed by events off the pitch.

Trouble broke out at Lens' Stade Felix-Bollaert stadium with several fans appearing to be crushed due to over-crowding in the United end of the ground.

Tear gas was used by police to try and stop the supporters from climbing barriers as they tried to avoid being crushed.

Uefa has launched an investigation into the incidents, but the chief of security at Lens, Damien Vanoise, has defended his colleagues' actions.

"I think we responded to what happened," Vanoise told French radio station RTL.

"We didn't intervene by chance.

"There was not even a problem of communication. From the moment we saw the supporters who were trying to pull on the railings, what is the interpretation we can make from that - us, as security guards? For me, it is violent behaviour."

Vanoise also insisted that no one got crushed and that there were not too many people in the visitors' stand.

"I can tell you that nobody was crushed in the wire fencing," added Vanoise.

"There weren't too many people in that stand. The stand was not full."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly cant believe that in France our supporters are getting the blame.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Stadium chief defends actions

The head of security at Lens has rejected talk that his team were heavy-handed with Manchester United fans.

United's 1-0 win over Lille in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night was overshadowed by events off the pitch.

Trouble broke out at Lens' Stade Felix-Bollaert stadium with several fans appearing to be crushed due to over-crowding in the United end of the ground.

Tear gas was used by police to try and stop the supporters from climbing barriers as they tried to avoid being crushed.

Uefa has launched an investigation into the incidents, but the chief of security at Lens, Damien Vanoise, has defended his colleagues' actions.

"I think we responded to what happened," Vanoise told French radio station RTL.

"We didn't intervene by chance.

"There was not even a problem of communication. From the moment we saw the supporters who were trying to pull on the railings, what is the interpretation we can make from that - us, as security guards? For me, it is violent behaviour."

Vanoise also insisted that no one got crushed and that there were not too many people in the visitors' stand.

"I can tell you that nobody was crushed in the wire fencing," added Vanoise.

"There weren't too many people in that stand. The stand was not full."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly cant believe that in France our supporters are getting the blame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the french press yesterday were making jokes about it. along the lines of 'the english suddenly remembered their own reputation and decided to live up to it etc etc.' cuunts

Guy on redcafe saying a news program in norway has posted a link to youtube and claims its Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQc3dkI-uBU

The video says its two different young kids but who knows. I cant see feck all but a black screen at work so Nick might be able to shed some light on if its him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Doesnt Platini have a reputation for not liking the English? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't everyone who isn't english hate the english?

It was a problem in France where they appear to have different rules to every other league in the world it seems in terms of both taking of free kicks and then lodging complaints about particular incidents.

The President of UEFA is French, is a massive knobjockey.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they decided that our goal was unlawful and that some kind of action should be taken to give Lille a "fair" result.

The same with the crowd disturbance. They'll give off loads of complete rubbish about how there has never been trouble before, how hooliganism is the English Disease and that it proves that we are the problem and should be booted out.

I would not be surprised in the slightest for the decision to be that we will be thrown out due to hooliganism and that Lille will take our place in the quater finals.

It shouldnt happen and i do think it's highly unlikely to happen. But it's the kind of thing i'd expect from UEFA now that that guy is in charge.

as ridiculous as it is, i genuinely wouldnt be surprised if they make us replay this.

i can see us getting the brunt of the blame for everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If UEFA do that, given that there is clearly no major grievance for our club or the referee to answer, then Platini's presidency will have lost any credibility it has through the mishandling of such a minor issue.

In other words: tell Lille to shut the **** up, stop being whiney little bitches and get over it.

If they replay this game, when the issue has been seen before a number of times domestically and at times on the continent then they are setting a dangerous precedent whereby any team can contest the legitimacy of a referee’s decision after a match and force a replay. For goodness sake its like they’ve not got another potentially 120+ minutes to turn the tie around.

I really hope that they see sense. There is no way they can alter the result or require it to be replayed and remain viable and without opening themselves up to massive legal challenges from our side, which given the amounts of money at stake they will pursue, regardless of the moral standpoint. If they want to spend time on something then they can focus on the questionable choice of Lens’ stadium, policing practices and fan safety in French stadiums, which on the evidence of Tuesday night, should be investigated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Your playing us in the FA Youth Cup Semi. ul. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did they start letting Foreign teams play in the FA Youth Cup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Archived