The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

only our 3rd win away in 18 euro trips </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ that really shows how dreadful we are away from home in the CL and is completely unacceptable :/

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

The idea of Mart pretending to be that reasonable when Liverpool are involved is awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally feasible when his **** is involved tbh.

Even I'd be reasonable if it meant getting my end away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

the trip sounds awesome though Gonch

was their any aggro with Lille fans outside the stadium afterwards or did they all go home? the Northern French teams are generally more passionate than their Southern counterparts (except Marseille) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats another thing, we were kept in the ground for 45 minutes after the game. basically if we hadnt won i expect people would have been a lot more impatient but generally it was fine. probably for the best tbh because the lille fans were DISGUSTED. ive not seen so much stuff thrown onto a pitch since that barca v real game involving figo. neville so brave :**)

we werent without idiots ourselves though, i.e. the twat who threw the flare onto the pitch. apparently we will be charged for that.

but seeing a flare in our end was f'in awesome, like being in an italian crowd or something

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

anyone doing fulham this weekend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O/

me, mart and jonny are going i think. don't know about anyone else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did I just hear right on SSN that Lille are trying to get the game annulled due to Giggs' goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably. Surprised the French haven't wanted World War 2 replayed as Hitler was unfare.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

I won't skim through the thread.

Did I just hear right on SSN that Lille are trying to get the game annulled due to Giggs' goal? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you did and yes they are. Uefa are supposed to be meeting today to discuss it. The issue of crowd safety and such wont be discussed until March 22nd though.

I assume both clubs will end up with fairly derisory fines and bugger all else for the off pitch activities. Seems as though both the English and French media have polarised their opinions. Ridiculous that United are denying the fake ticket claims when everyone knew that they were about. Equally, if the French think their organisation was adequate then they’re either stupid or incompetent.

Lille’s counter accusations and over-reaction just smacks of a club out of their depth in terms of media handling etc.

Even so, I don’t think we’ll get away without some blame…and that’s possibly fair enough. Anyone that’s been abroad with United knows there’s an edge to our following. We probably DO drink too much. There IS an element that’s too aggressive and provocative. That combined with poor organisation and inexperienced police is a recipe for disaster.

As for the onfield complaint, UEFA should charge Lille for wasting their time. The referee did absolutely nothing wrong and their embarrassing themselves by even complaining about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Well, from what I’ve seen the ‘happy drunk’ stereotype attached to Celtic is a media myth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the atmosphere they create around town when trashing the place is ELECTRIC!!!!!

Exactly. People are so willing to believe the stereotype and not look at what's in front of their eyes.

You would have thought that Scots are genetically engineered to react differently to alcohol to Englishmen.

The fact is some people are complete t*ssers when drunk, others are just merry.

However, I do agree that British fans in general feel more inclined to have to get drunk when following their team. French, Italian and other nationalities go to the bar and have a few drinks too, but probably not to the same extent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "The ref came over and said do you want the whistle, and I said no, I'll take a quick one," Giggs explained to the Manchester Evening News.

"So I said to Wayne, put the ball down, and that was it. I was pleased to see it go in, if it hadn't I probably would have had a few words off the boss!"

"Obviously I was pleased with the result, it was a somewhat contentious goal, but I'm obviously pleased with the points (sic).

"But the last time I scored a goal like that, no one thought about walking off the pitch.

"I was just amazed by what was happening around us, we didn't know what was going on, but that's the French I suppose."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Oooooh Giggsy. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blatantly a fine/charge coming his way for that.

Boss confident over duo[/b]

Sir Alex Ferguson is confident Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo will be fit to face Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday as United bid to go nine points clear of Chelsea.

The midfield duo both picked up knocks during United's 1-0 Champions League win away at Lille on Tuesday, but have since trained and look set to make the Reds' starting line-up for the lunchtime kick-off on Saturday.

"Ryan and Cristiano are the only two doubts but they both trained on Friday," Sir Alex confirmed at his Friday press briefing. "I'm confident they'll be okay."

More to follow shortly...

Oops

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss confident over duo

Sir Alex Ferguson is confident Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo will be fit to face Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday as United bid to go nine points clear of Chelsea.

The midfield duo both picked up knocks during United's 1-0 Champions League win away at Lille on Tuesday, but have since trained and look set to make the Reds' starting line-up for the lunchtime kick-off on Saturday.

"Ryan and Cristiano are the only two doubts but they both trained on Friday," Sir Alex confirmed at his Friday press briefing. "I'm confident they'll be okay."

More to follow shortly... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

have you on ignore too

OH HAPPY DAYS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your so cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're so cool.

Mart setting the nation straight icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Mart MUFC

posted 16 Minutes Ago

I really do hope this works, I'll be going tomorrow, leaving Manchester at 7am to arrive in Fulham hopefully around 12.

It's disgraceful that the ABU nation is having a go at Reds because we are trying to make a stand, I don't earn a massive wage, tomorrow is going to cost me the best part of £80 taking into account the ticket/coach. It's criminal that we're taken for such mugs.

It's easy to say don't go but the allocation is going to always sell out anyway so the best course of action at this stage is to boycott everything inside the ground.

As for the comment of Pete Boyle being from "down south", I can assure that he's from Manchester and even if he wasn't what's that got to do with anything? He goes to every single game, week in week out.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TESTIFY BROTHER icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reds reject new pitch

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that the club have rejected the option to relay the Old Trafford pitch.

The turf has been cutting up in recent weeks and the United boss revealed his concern after the Reds' 2-0 win over Charlton earlier this month.

However, after much deliberation and discussion with groundsman Tony Sinclair, the club have decided to shelve relaying plans.

"David Gill, myself and the groundsman had a long look at the pitch on Wednesday morning after we got back from Lille," explained the United boss. "We had to make a decision about whether or not we should relay it.

"It's a difficult one because relaying a pitch doesn't always work, and doing that can sometimes be as big a problem than keeping the original.

"We feel by the time our next home game against Lille comes round things will have improved. So we've decided to stick with ours," he added.

"The weather is getting better, it's a bit milder and there is some growth in the grass at the moment, so hopefully we get enough back to ensure we have a comfortable pitch to play on." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United v Portsmouth, Saturday 7 April, kick off 3pm.

We will receive an allocation of 2060 tickets priced £28 adults, £20 over 65’s and £15 under 16’s. Executive Members can apply from 9am on Monday 26 February through to 5pm on Friday 2 March. Applications can be made by post or by calling 0870 442 1999 and speaking to an operator. The same deadline applies to both methods of application and late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances. It is important to apply by one method of application.

Additionally Season Ticket holders who have purchased a seat for the following home cup games, Celtic, Copenhagen. Benfica, Aston Villa. Portsmouth and Reading are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 5 March through to 5pm on Tuesday 6 March. Please note if successful an administration fee of 3% per transaction is charged for this service.

Coach travel is available:

COACH TRAVEL TO FRATTON PARK

Executive Coach £27

Depart Car Park N2 10:00am

Est. return to Old Trafford 12:30am

The next Premier League away game to go on sale will be Chelsea date and kick off to be confirmed. An announcement regarding ticket sales will be made on Friday 2nd March

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wahey! more chubbings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lille protest rejected

Friday, 23 February 2007

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body has rejected a protest lodged by LOSC Lille Métropole following Tuesday's UEFA Champions League first knockout round first-leg match against Manchester United FC in France.

Lille request

Lille had lodged a protest questioning the validity of the goal scored by Ryan Giggs in the 83rd minute of the game in Lens. The French club claimed there had been a technical mistake made by the referee when he allowed the match-winning free-kick to be taken without having blown his whistle beforehand, and were asking for the game to be replayed.

No proof

Having examined the official referee's report, the television evidence at hand as well as the Laws of the Game, the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body decided to reject the protest, as there was no proof of a technical error. As a result, the body declared that the goal was perfectly valid. Furthermore, the Control and Disciplinary Body decided to instigate proceedings against Lille for the improper behaviour of their players immediately after the goal.

Appeal deadline

Lille may appeal against the decision to veto the protest by midnight on Monday 26 February. The other incidents which occurred at the match will be discussed at a separate meeting of the Control and Disciplinary Body scheduled for 22 March. UEFA announced on Wednesday that it was investigating possible violations of binding safety and security instructions by the host club, as well as the alleged improper conduct of both sets of supporters.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Official statement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Breaking news on SSN, UEFA reject Lille's request for the game to be replayed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was always going to happen. No matter how much scare mongering some users did.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Breaking news on SSN, UEFA reject Lille's request for the game to be replayed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was always going to happen. No matter how much scare mongering some users did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't trying to scaremonger tbh. I just don't trust Platini as far as i can throw him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lille protest rejected

Friday, 23 February 2007

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body has rejected a protest lodged by LOSC Lille Métropole following Tuesday's UEFA Champions League first knockout round first-leg match against Manchester United FC in France.

Lille request

Lille had lodged a protest questioning the validity of the goal scored by Ryan Giggs in the 83rd minute of the game in Lens. The French club claimed there had been a technical mistake made by the referee when he allowed the match-winning free-kick to be taken without having blown his whistle beforehand, and were asking for the game to be replayed.

No proof

Having examined the official referee's report, the television evidence at hand as well as the Laws of the Game, the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body decided to reject the protest, as there was no proof of a technical error. As a result, the body declared that the goal was perfectly valid. Furthermore, the Control and Disciplinary Body decided to instigate proceedings against Lille for the improper behaviour of their players immediately after the goal.

Appeal deadline

Lille may appeal against the decision to veto the protest by midnight on Monday 26 February. The other incidents which occurred at the match will be discussed at a separate meeting of the Control and Disciplinary Body scheduled for 22 March. UEFA announced on Wednesday that it was investigating possible violations of binding safety and security instructions by the host club, as well as the alleged improper conduct of both sets of supporters.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Official statement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/\o/

gtf Lille you scummy bastards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Mart setting the nation straight icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Mart MUFC

posted 16 Minutes Ago

I really do hope this works, I'll be going tomorrow, leaving Manchester at 7am to arrive in Fulham hopefully around 12.

It's disgraceful that the ABU nation is having a go at Reds because we are trying to make a stand, I don't earn a massive wage, tomorrow is going to cost me the best part of £80 taking into account the ticket/coach. It's criminal that we're taken for such mugs.

It's easy to say don't go but the allocation is going to always sell out anyway so the best course of action at this stage is to boycott everything inside the ground.

As for the comment of Pete Boyle being from "down south", I can assure that he's from Manchester and even if he wasn't what's that got to do with anything? He goes to every single game, week in week out.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TESTIFY BROTHER icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So many ******* on there, don't know why I bother icon_biggrin.gif

Archived