The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "To score in that fashion, with just a minute to go at the Kop end at Anfield, is very, very special for me. I just had one of those feelings that I was going to score and thankfully I was able to put my shot into the roof of the net.

"It is always important when United come to Liverpool - but even more so when you are top of the league and desperate for a result.

"This puts a lot of pressure on the teams chasing us. We aren't playing as fluently as we can, but it is a good sign that you can still win games like these." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JOS \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We said from the start we were not rude enough to ask Helsingborg for him to stay."

"They were very good in allowing Henrik to come here and arranging the deal.

"Henrik also made sacrifices because he has a young son at school and we have respected that. We just appreciate Helsingborg allowed us to keep Henrik for the short time we had him because he is such a fantastic professional.

"There is nothing big about him. He won the Champions League last year but he has come into the club and just got on with the job.

"I have nothing but praise for him. He goes back with great respect from everyone in the club and leaving some great memories for the fans." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larsson icon_cool.gif

Staying with the striker talk what does everyone think of Benni McCarthy for the backup/competition to Saha place? Have been really impressed with him this season - doesn't seem to have many weaknesses. He's now proven he can score goals in the Premiership and wouldn't need that bedding in period. He has the European experience and a winner's medal with Porto in 04. I'm presuming he has settled in the area. I know you have to double a transfer fee for us but he wouldn't be that expensive. Only downside would be long term - he's 30 in November - thoughts?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

icon_biggrin.gif

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD has scored for Real \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, can you please knock it off?

He was a great player for us. But really, i couldn't give a frack what he is doing now or when he has scored.

Discussions about ex-players is fine and of course should always be part of any football club thread, however, things like this are just utterly utterly pointless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Staying with the striker talk what does everyone think of Benni McCarthy for the backup/competition to Saha place? Have been really impressed with him this season - doesn't seem to have many weaknesses. He's now proven he can score goals in the Premiership and wouldn't need that bedding in period. He has the European experience and a winner's medal with Porto in 04. I'm presuming he has settled in the area. I know you have to double a transfer fee for us but he wouldn't be that expensive. Only downside would be long term - he's 30 in November - thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes 30 this year, would cost quite a bit, isnt good enough, is 30 this year, why do need him as back up, hes not good enough, hes 30 this year, would cost more than you think, no.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

icon_biggrin.gif

He was a great player for us. But really, i couldn't give a frack what he is doing now or when he has scored.

Discussions about ex-players is fine and of course should always be part of any football club thread, however, things like this are just utterly utterly pointless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Us? He never played for Cardiff afaik

FAO: season ticket holders

apply for pompey away tomorrow from 9am to tomorrow 5pm.

I'd forgot so just reminding you lot. We're applying, not sure if i'm going if we get tickets though. Hopefully the executive members won't want to go to pompey, it has no shelter. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

ul ruud couldnt take real to victory.

they have been really bad this season tbf, no surprise really with an ageing lazy uncommitted whiny has been leading the line.

:*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah they sold Ronaldo icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Michael Shields, are you listening,

Better keep your arsehole glistening,

You'll be back in jail, without any bail,

Walking with a penis up your arse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obessed and all that, but a funny song. icon_biggrin.gif

hahaha mika, I had that in Leicester Coffee Republic icon_biggrin.gif

Me: "Large black coffee"

White woman (behind me) : "You can't say black coffee"

rasta behind her: "he didn't ask for a n!gger coffee and a slavery cookie, I think he's ok"

cue laughter after a fashion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

in relation to michael shields songs, what do people think about songs like that, which are generally quite homophobic?

or am i being daft? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Singing about Jill Dando is better no?

haha, Keyser, I'd have pished myself laughing icon_biggrin.gif

Who will play for your reserves this week mates ?

Thinking of going. We'll get raped like - 8 first teamers against city last week, 5 internationals - and got beat 1-0.

So yeah. The amazy Richardson and Dong Fanzoo (sp) will be playing ?

Haha Keyser icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah it's crazy, I was there there when the woman said it to my mate, unbelieveable. Plus he's about as anti-political correctness as you can get and wasn't impressed.

Also one of the mature students was saying that her kid came back from school the other day having being taught to sing "Baa baa white sheep."

Crazy world.

Also one of the mature students was saying that her kid came back from school the other day having being taught to sing "Baa baa white sheep."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They changed it from Rainbow sheep? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Who will play for your reserves this week mates ?

Thinking of going. We'll get raped like - 8 first teamers against city last week, 5 internationals - and got beat 1-0.

So yeah. The amazy Richardson and Dong Fanzoo (sp) will be playing ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

day before a CL game, we've a couple of injuries so richardson might sneak onto the bench for that (icon_frown.gif), meaning he won't play. same goes for Smith, maybe. Dong will play for the reserves, Eagles too, and then lots of lads you presumably won't have heard of.

we go top if we win i think, i might go and watch if i can get the money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

icon_biggrin.gif

Discussions about ex-players is fine and of course should always be part of any football club thread, however, things like this are just utterly utterly pointless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sssshhhh

Was doing the BBC predictor thingy, and came across an almost brilliant scenario for the penultimate game of the season. We go to the Boo Camp, knowing a win could hand us the title (even after losing at Chelsea, and dropping points at Goodison), but also in a position of sending City down. Too much to hope for?

An<STRIKE>d</STRIKE> old favourite there :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see any of the teams below City catching them to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I don't see City picking up many points between now and the end of the season, they have such a bad run in compared to Charlton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I don't see any of the teams below City catching them to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I don't see City picking up many points between now and the end of the season, they have such a bad run in compared to Charlton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not seen it to be honest, I just think that they'll have the firepower to get the points that they need.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

An<STRIKE>d</STRIKE> old favourite there :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're such a +1 merchant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

blimey, i must be the only person looking forward to this a lot. I really do think we're gonna pull a performance out the bag, we're due one ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we didn't pull out a performance, but we got a win \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

blimey, i must be the only person looking forward to this a lot. I really do think we're gonna pull a performance out the bag, we're due one ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we didn't pull out a performance, but we got a win \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We do need to start playing now though. I remember the title run in in '93. Very similar situation in that we went to Anfield in early March knowing that we really needed a result, which we duly got with a 2-1 win. The players then relaxed thinking the hard bit had been done, promptly went and lost at Oldham 3 days later, followed that up with 3 straight draws, and we'd lost the lead again.

I know we still won the title that year, but we could afford to do that when our rivals were Villa and Norwich. We certainly wouldn't get away with that with Chelsea on our tail.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

tbh I don't see City picking up many points between now and the end of the season, they have such a bad run in compared to Charlton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not seen it to be honest, I just think that they'll have the firepower to get the points that they need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Firepower?

they've scored 20 goals this season.

For what it's worth i think City should be safe already as they have two games in hand, but they could get dragged into the dogfight.

West Ham are definitely down, but i think both Watford and Charlton have shown a lot of spirt in the last few games and as a result i think any one of Wigan, City or Sheffield United will get dragged into it and possibly the lot of them.

Archived