The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

piping up with 'steve gerrard gerrard' in a game against lille ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know, so embarrassing. could hear that on the tv last night

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not read anything, cant be arsed, but from yesterday:

We deserved to go through, some frustration crept in as we struggled to break them down.. but you have to recognise that they were very solid defensively.

Plus side we were just as solid defensively on the whole.

Rooney/Silvestre were poor

O'Shea was surprisingly decent for midfield

Ronaldo wasnt at his best and yet still made the difference

Larsson ifffffb

RICHARDSON GET THE F**K AWAY FROM THE TEAM YOU TALENTLESS SH*T

conclusion: yay. bring on easiest possible draw in quarters.

Two comments about the video.

Firstly, has any else ever seen more than 4 minutes of John O'Shea in action without him giving the ball away before?

Secondly, and more importantly, does the soundtrack finally give away the secret of how he plays so much?

"It's me Oh Kathy.....". Is Kathy a nickname/alter ego for O'Shea? And if so, is it co-incidence that the generally unseen person that Fergie goes home to at night is also called Kathy? Basically, they're lovers.

OK, so it's more convoluted than one of the clues off 3-2-1, but it's more realistic than someone thinking he's a good enough footballer for us, surely?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haw jonny/jules

Might have to sell the Boro tickets as RI coach is full and I've not had the usual confirmation text.

Got a pompey though so icon14.gif that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you not meant to be going to Lilly Allen sat night mart

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

please? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much will you pay us for him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Eagles icon_biggrin.gif. What happened to him? He was the next big thing a few years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Currently pottering along in our reserves after being on loan last season. This surely has to be his last with us if he doesn't break through.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

Who should united buy in summer

bale too replace giggs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly I've never known Bale to play left midfield or Giggs to play left back so I doubt United would sign Bale to replace Giggs.

Secondly why would you replace Giggs now? He's in form and definatly got a couple of years left in him.

Thirdly we don't need another left back.

Fourthly I think Bale has been a little over hyped through the press. Never going to be able to get ahead of Evra, Heinze and Silvestre in our starting line up.

Fithly why buy another left back when there's other positions that need strengthening desperatly? Need another striker, central midfielder and possibly cover for Gary Neville.

icon14.gif

(sorry if it sounds like Im ranting, I've just got home from work, need to let off some steam)

Bale is young enough that he could easily convert to a left midfielder.

He's a very skilled player on the ball from what i've seen of him, he's a very astute technical player for his age.

I don't think he's ever going to be a Ronaldo type, but he certainly has the ability to be a Beckham type player with his ability to deliver good quality balls. He also has a bit of pace too.

Would love United to sign him for the long term. Could develop long term into a very good full back or winger.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Bale is young enough that he could easily convert to a left midfielder.

He's a very skilled player on the ball from what i've seen of him, he's a very astute technical player for his age.

I don't think he's ever going to be a Ronaldo type, but he certainly has the ability to be a Beckham type player with his ability to deliver good quality balls. He also has a bit of pace too.

Would love United to sign him for the long term. Could develop long term into a very good full back or winger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm i wonder why?!

Got my second choice for the draw so relatively content, even if the way the legs have fallen aren't how I'd have picked them.

Semi vs. Milan/Bayern & "The Home Team" in the final if we get through icon14.gif

Do we know which days our fixtures fall on yet by the way or is there some TV negotiating to do?

Archived