The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

YAS \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awww :*)

so cute

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

YAS \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awww :*)

so cute </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well done on that wooden spoon? :/:/:/:/:/:/:/

I loved Blackburns tactics today icon_biggrin.gif

As soon as they went ahead it was just any excuse to waste time. Friedel taking 15 seconds for every kick, Players going down holding their faces all over the pitch.

McCarthy feigning injury was the best though. Oh I can't walk, my legs really sore. Then as soon as the ball is played over the top he sprints after it.

I wish Solskjaer would celebrate a bit more when he scores though. He always looks embarassed.

derbyshire's attempts to imply Rio had viciously assaulted him were fairly amusing

talking of fairly amusing, got to the wall after the game, waited for ages, none of these c**ts showed up and there was an iceland bag with four cans of fosters in it. figured this was the leftovers from the wall lot so grabbed them and went home. now turns out they weren't icon_frown.gif

sorry randomers on stealing your fosters. it's pretty rank anyway tbf, so let that be a lesson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

derbyshire's attempts to imply Rio had viciously assaulted him were fairly amusing

talking of fairly amusing, got to the wall after the game, waited for ages, none of these c**ts showed up and there was an iceland bag with four cans of fosters in it. figured this was the leftovers from the wall lot so grabbed them and went home. now turns out they weren't icon_frown.gif

sorry randomers on stealing your fosters. it's pretty rank anyway tbf, so let that be a lesson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. You pikey stealin ****!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Erm they were drinking fosters pre-game & they had been to Iceland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, mart insists he took their ones home though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mart is in RI again I see whinging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

time to give him his own page i reckon. would help if would make sense though

well where do I start..

okay.. YAS GET IN THERE!

I love Paul Scholes, both WT1 and WT2 standing and singing ftw.

Singing "Mourinho are you listening..." in the pub in 91st minute of the Chelsea game ftl.

Had a good day out in Manchester, but poor Nemanja. icon_frown.gif

Fergie catching the ball. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Erm they were drinking fosters pre-game & they had been to Iceland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, mart insists he took their ones home though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mart is in RI again I see whinging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

time to give him his own page i reckon. would help if would make sense though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what made me laugh was that they starred out the second part of his e-mail & then signed his letter off 'Martin Sheehan' icon_biggrin.gif

Watching the game again on Football First. I cant say how much i really saw us losing the match. Even when it went 1-1 i was hoping we would scrap a draw, it was just a feeling of doom.

Nemanja is a sickener. Rio taking that womans head off was funny, everyone around her look so shocked. icon_biggrin.gif

Gaby just getting back to his best, so good. Wes at fault for the goal for the stats.

Midfield was good, Carrick has scored as many for us in a season as he did in his West Ham and Spurs days combined iirc. Plus the lad just a different player with an experienced head by his side.

Park probably the worst finisher at the club but he has a great knack of being in the right places. If he could shoot hed get you double figures every season.

Rooney had another poor game but luckily for us all he doesnt have to be our star man anymore. When we get Saha back so he has someone to play off he should improve.

Ronaldo just doesnt have bad games, in fact i cant remember the last time he wasnt great. All his tricks and flicks seem to come off and he just floats past people for fun. And how many assists has he got now?

Scholes has just had some season, what a player, what a career. A true legend.

And Ole is fb. Its like hes putting his hand up to apologise for scoring, "Sorry lads i've scored again".

Great win and just 5 more needed.

Fat arse never even bothered to stop to pick the Fosters up ffs i did.

Didn't really have time to check i had all the bags with full cans in but you probably did get some you jobless pikey scumbag icon_razz.gif

Whats your excuse for being late today anyway

oh yeah, almost forgot - fergie trying to catch the ball and failing miserably wffffffb

and when ole scored, as well as the apologetic look you had the likes of rio and smudger coming over and clearly saying something along the lines of "bloody hell, you always bloody score" icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Didn't really have time to check i had all the bags with full cans in but you probably did get some you jobless pikey scumbag icon_razz.gif

Whats your excuse for being late today anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

felt sick, went back to bed, woke up at 2 in something of a panic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Whats your excuse for being late today anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

felt sick, went back to bed, woke up at 2 in something of a panic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fecking slacker icon_wink.gif

a bit of a lame excuse really icon_wink.gif

twas true. knew i shouldn't have drunk so much last night.

gonna book tickets for the Red News end of season party later, won't be drinking so much at that (tis the night before the west ham game) methinks

• Administrators

Don't suppose the sickness was brought on by the realisation you are a workshy bum who sits around all week doing nothing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd wager it had more to do with seven pints of Guinness.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Didnt realise Rio apologised so much for kicking the ball into the womans face. Commentator on FF saying hes just gone into the crowd to apologise in person 10 minutes after he hit her. Thats after apologising a few times with the hand every few mins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he didn't go into the crowd. he did come over loads though and had a laugh with her at full-time.

talking of full-time, god i hate the way people leave early in situations like that. the team have worked their arses off and played a blinder, they deserve a full stadium applauding them off. 'koff part-timers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss: crowd was crucial

Sir Alex hailed the fans' role in United's come-from-behind victory against Blackburn Rovers at Old Trafford.

A Premiership record 76,098 supporters were on hand to witness a stunning second-half performance that saw the Reds run out eventual 4-1 winners. But even with the scores level at 1-1, the United boss said he never doubted the result.

Sir Alex told MUTV: "They overcame being 1-0 down, they kept making chances, kept their nerve, showed their composure and the fans were fantastic. The culmination was just too powerful for Blackburn.

"Paul Scholes' [equalising goal] won us the game, in a sense. The crowd were always going to take us over the line after that. The fans were magnificent, the best in years."

The Reds trailed at half-time, but never panicked in their pursuit of an equaliser.

"All they have to do is keep their nerve," the United manager said. "The players kept making chances and showed composure. Cristiano Ronaldo: some of his football today was out of this world.

"And Ryan Giggs, Ji-sung Park… the front players were also fantastic. The combination

of that and the conveyor belt of passes you're getting from Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes makes us hard to beat."

The win bolstered United's position at the top of the table, with just seven games to play. And while Sir Alex didn't rule Chelsea out of the title race, he did admit United looked like a trophy-winning team.

"You expect champions to show nerve, determination, drive and resolve. We did that today."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The atmosphere really was excellent today, I have never experienced anything like that in WT1 before. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Didnt realise Rio apologised so much for kicking the ball into the womans face. Commentator on FF saying hes just gone into the crowd to apologise in person 10 minutes after he hit her. Thats after apologising a few times with the hand every few mins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he didn't go into the crowd. he did come over loads though and had a laugh with her at full-time.

talking of full-time, god i hate the way people leave early in situations like that. the team have worked their arses off and played a blinder, they deserve a full stadium applauding them off. 'koff part-timers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are 3 or 4 arabian (i think) guys behind the bench and have season tickets i think (every home game same spot so i guess that's the reason) and i always laughed saying "Oh look at the Taliban watching the game" but today around the 91st minute tv pictures showed the bench again and there they were the taliban still there, not leaving or anything, and singing.

And i realized that it's wrong to make fun of them cuz they aren't part-timers icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

There are 3 or 4 arabian (i think) guys behind the bench and have season tickets i think (every home game same spot so i guess that's the reason) and i always laughed saying "Oh look at the Taliban watching the game" but today around the 91st minute tv pictures showed the bench again and there they were the taliban still there, not leaving or anything, and singing.

And i realized that it's wrong to make fun of them cuz they aren't part-timers icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know who you mean. They make it onto TV everygame.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss: crowd was crucial

Sir Alex hailed the fans' role in United's come-from-behind victory against Blackburn Rovers at Old Trafford.

A Premiership record 76,098 supporters were on hand to witness a stunning second-half performance that saw the Reds run out eventual 4-1 winners. But even with the scores level at 1-1, the United boss said he never doubted the result.

Sir Alex told MUTV: "They overcame being 1-0 down, they kept making chances, kept their nerve, showed their composure and the fans were fantastic. The culmination was just too powerful for Blackburn.

"Paul Scholes' [equalising goal] won us the game, in a sense. The crowd were always going to take us over the line after that. The fans were magnificent, the best in years."

The Reds trailed at half-time, but never panicked in their pursuit of an equaliser.

"All they have to do is keep their nerve," the United manager said. "The players kept making chances and showed composure. Cristiano Ronaldo: some of his football today was out of this world.

"And Ryan Giggs, Ji-sung Park… the front players were also fantastic. The combination

of that and the conveyor belt of passes you're getting from Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes makes us hard to beat."

The win bolstered United's position at the top of the table, with just seven games to play. And while Sir Alex didn't rule Chelsea out of the title race, he did admit United looked like a trophy-winning team.

"You expect champions to show nerve, determination, drive and resolve. We did that today."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The atmosphere really was excellent today, I have never experienced anything like that in WT1 before. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was pretty special. going behind, the ref being awful and blackburn's tactics contributed, but it was a terrific effort. reminiscent of so many title run-ins really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

talking of full-time, god i hate the way people leave early in situations like that. the team have worked their arses off and played a blinder, they deserve a full stadium applauding them off. 'koff part-timers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And i realized that it's wrong to make fun of them cuz they aren't part-timers icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha what a fantastically racist post icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

hahaha what a fantastically racist post icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

and for your information SLO, they aint arabic, they are Sikh...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dizzie Rascal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

and for your information SLO, they aint arabic, they are Sikh... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, beat me too it! I'm a Sikh with a turban and fully grown beard, so I should know!

For the record, Arabs rarely grow fully grown beards and fewer wear turbans. The Arabs have their turbans usually with part of it dangling down at the back.

There you go, you learn something new everyday.

After MOTD highlights...

MOM: Cristiano Ronaldo - looked to be our biggest threat and played a part in 2 or 3 goals I think. Can't remember at the min so I'll wait for Nick's stat update.

2ND: Paul Scholes - What. A. Player.

AFFG: VDS - Difficult to just give it to the keeper but I think he could have done better at holding it after Carricks error, so as the final man I'm giving him the blame.

Just thought I'd mention that even from the highlights Rooney seemed like he was getting into good positions but the luck wasn't running his way more than actually being poor. Obviously the limited pictures paint a certain picture though. I just want the lad to keep trying, have a really good rest in the summer, and come back to show us all what he can do.

After watching it on the tele I've gotta say that I'm so very, very gutted that I didn't get lucky in the OU ballot for that game. Looked a really decent back and forth contest & a what seemed like the atmosphere was one of the best of the season, although thats probably easier for the season ticket holders to say how good it was.

Anyway, lets have 5 more wins please.

think it's a bit harsh to blame VDS, he has to react very quickly to Carrick's deflection and i think the ball just clips the post before hitting VDS further up the arm than he'd expect, causing him to not hold it.

You mean making fun of the part-timers?

exceptionally harsh to blame VDS. has to be brown at fault for me as he doesnt track derbyshire. even if carrick doesnt get the touch derbyshire looks like he will be first to the ball.

only basing this on motd but ronnie looked superb again, the difference in him as an attacking threat is unreal. time and time again now he seems to be making the right decision at the right time, so good to see.

think it's a bit harsh to blame VDS, he has to react very quickly to Carrick's deflection and i think the ball just clips the post before hitting VDS further up the arm than he'd expect, causing him to not hold it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing said there thats not fair. I'll happily change my opinion on a second viewing if I think someone else was more culpable. Just going on watching it for the first time my gut said that VDS should have done better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dizzie Rascal:

and for your information SLO, they aint arabic, they are Sikh... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm uhm, as i said "There are 3 or 4 arabian (i think)...".

That's because the tv pictures don't really focuse on them do they? And unless i know about a nations clothing and hairdo habbits i cannot make out what they are in 2-3 seconds of television pictures where they are in the background and the view towards them is most of the time blocked by SAF.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most Sikhs come from the Punjab region of Pakistan and India, although significant communities exist around the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha. I wanted to say "indians" in my original post but i thought to play on the safe side and call them arabic icon_biggrin.gif

not so much completely wrong, its definitely debatible. like nick i thought the ball struck the post then onto vds (who imo got down quite well) which didnt help him gather it in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And besides, i doubt VDS was thinking that Carrick will attempt to score an own goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Davies was full of praise for Jones, who netted his sixth goal since joining from Manchester United in January.

"He can score you goals, he's got wonderful talent and it's a great learning curve for him today," the Rams boss said, before risking a look at the future.

"He'll be better suited for the Premiership." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

xsmug

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most Sikhs come from the Punjab region of Pakistan and India, although significant communities exist around the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha. I wanted to say "indians" in my original post but i thought to play on the safe side and call them arabic icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the "taliban" comment that is more concerning tbh.

Archived