The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

cheers lads. im on the coach but meetin a mate whos getting the train and he is clueless. isnt there one called exchange quays iirc, thought that was pretty close? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exchange quay is close.

i fail to see, no matter how clueless you are, how anyone could not find old trafford on a matchday. follow the replicas/scarves... how far wrong can you go?

if he can't find his way to the ground, you should probably disown him.

Ferguson hails outstanding Smith

Smith should be fit to face Middlesbrough on Saturday

Alan Smith's comeback from serious injury has been a major factor in Manchester United's treble challenge, according to manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Smith, 26, has been in impressive form for United since returning from a broken leg suffered 14 months ago.

"He has been absolutely unbelievable," said Ferguson. "His form in the last three games has been outstanding.

"He has brought a freshness and an infectious enthusiasm which is spreading throughout the team."

Smith was a surprise inclusion in the Champions League quarter-final second-leg meeting with Roma on 10 April.

But the former Leeds striker took his chance by scoring in the 7-1 thrashing of the Italian giants.

Smith then followed up that display with good performances in the league victories against Watford and Sheffield United as United kept up their hunt for the treble.

They remain top of the Premiership, are through to the FA Cup final against Chelsea, and will play AC Milan in the Champions League semi-finals.

"When you think of what he has been through, how he has handled it and the way he is approaching his football, he has been first class," said Ferguson.

"I cannot speak more highly of him than that."

Despite three games in a week so soon after his comeback, Ferguson expects Smith to be fit for the Premiership game against Middlesbrough on Saturday. [/b]

ASifffffffffffb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

**** off borough, hope they get relegated next season, im sure that will happen with shithouse southgate in charge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It deserves to happen too when he shouldnt even be a manager at all in the first place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Christ I hope Mika or Nick have been doing the MOM thing if it still serves a valid purpose. I've just spent the last hour and a half going starting up my own tally in case its not been done (and because I'm interested in the outcome) and I've only just finished dealing with Watford!

Just skimmed through lots of moaning about transfers and the state of the squad, the Richardson vs. Giggs debate, as well as Mart hoping for a "BBB >>>>> United Thread" custom status if we signed Hargs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have to admit i've not tallied them up for a while.

since, um, the liverpool home game icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, well if you want I'll deal with it. Since I've already started I should be able to wade through the thread by the end of the season. Got about a month or so at least...

Smithy "punching" Fletch during the Carrick celebrations was a Soccer AM 3rd Eye just now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanester:

Yeah, he has been fb. Who needs Saha <STRIKE>(the player)</STRIKE> anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Smithy "punching" Fletch during the Carrick celebrations was a Soccer AM 3rd Eye just now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ben Foster doing the wave at the end too. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

reported mark for excessive lameness icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you were going to report me for that, you'd have done it years ago icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I think we should just jump past the counting part and award it to Ronaldo and Scholes, it'll be them anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aww, let me have my fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Ben Foster basically scored an own goal right now against Man City icon_frown.gif

(not really an own goal, he gave the ball to Vassell to score). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was awful for the first goal against Blackburn as well.

Cant see this game as being anything other than the game where we lost the title.

Fergie said before hand we would play within ourselves and stroll about and it cost us. As did leaving Rio on after he had asked to come off.

Just a joke. Start Kieran Richardson and drop points. There is a lesson to be learnt there Fergie.

As shocking as it sounds, I thought Richardson was one of the more useful players on the pitch first half.

No Rio for Tuesday I presume, did Sky give out any kind of info, as our telecast gave nothing aside from the obvious vision that he aggravated his groin problem.

did it ever get to 9 with the same numbers of games played each? I can't remember.

Wes was ok I thought, Gaby's distribution continues to be a disaster area though. Still, they were hardly the only ones today though, the lot of them looked off the pace, and Ronaldo to me showed the first signs of being tired, which is obviously not good.

Well even in this situation i still think we can make it to the damn CL final because Milan are a laughing stock as we are defensively and apart from Kaka they are completely inept going forward (unless Inzaghi scores an offside goal).

Still i would have rather not show up for ****ing Milan and win this one ffs.

Although for 80% of the season i didn't believed we can win the title slowly up until the game against Blackburn i turned into a believer. Right until the injury of Vidic which was a sucker punch for me and at that moment i realized we have a **** all chance to win it if we also concentrate on the CL which we do.

haha keyser totally ott, our defence was fine apart from that 2minutes when rio took the knocked. stupid and inept tactically by rio there im afraid, if he was that bad get gabby to quickly come across and cover his position, or go down.

points lost, title is chelseas im afriad. We looked ****ed knackered, feel sorry for rooney out on the wings, dont know what fergies thoughts were behind that.

bulllllllllllshit icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

haha keyser totally ott, our defence was fine apart from that 2minutes when rio took the knocked. stupid and inept tactically by rio there im afraid, if he was that bad get gabby to quickly come across and cover his position, or go down.

points lost, title is chelseas im afriad. We looked ****ed knackered, feel sorry for rooney out on the wings, dont know what fergies thoughts were behind that.

bulllllllllllshit icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viduka was having his way with Brown in the 2nd half. There wasn't a single challenge between them that Brown won.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Its all setting up nice for us to cost you the title icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of which we better beat Citeh i don't want to hear them saying they cost us the title afterwards. (like he is doing now icon_razz.gif)

wes brown got raped by a ****ing no body during the week, im not saying they were great but boro had like one chance apart from their goal really.

wanting him sold is a tad harsh, all these summer time female students getting to ur head icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it isn't, be nice to have some squad members who don't spent a third of every season on the sick.

Heinze, again, was complete gash on the left but better in the centre. He seems to have forgotten how to pass.

Archived