The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Its a bad defence for tomorrow. The thing is if we stick to attacking we should do ok with our front 6 but considering we arent chasing the game i have this feeling its going to be 4-5-1 sit and hope they dont score or as its come to be known in Europe "The usual". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even Fergie isn't that stupid / stubborn. Really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Am i right in thinking they still use linesmen/assistant referee's in the champions league? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup

they even have flags and stuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't that take care of Pippo "offside, me?" Inzaghi for us then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They should but they won't.

Just ask Bayern icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Surely there's a case for dosing a buffoon like Rio full of pain killers and such like, shoving him out and sod the long term damage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like it icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Surely there's a case for dosing a buffoon like Rio full of pain killers and such like, shoving him out and sod the long term damage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree!

But i would do that against Everton because ultimately i want the league first and then the CL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

well done mark, he's bound to score a hattrick now

inzaghi's sh*t but you can never say so out loud icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's all right. Whatever happens now, i've got the excuse of mart starting the match thread to blame if it all goes pear shaped.

Vs. Boro…

MOM: Paul Scholes – kept trying to find openings and move us forward.

2ND: Edwin Van Der Sar – generally solid bar the missing of missing one cross that I can remember and made some important saves to keep us in it.

AFFG: Wes Brown – I thought he played better overall than some have given him credit for but he does take ultimate responsibility for the goal in my eyes since he allowed Viduka to break free from him. He wasn’t helped by Rio being injured, sitting deeper than the rest of the back line and then not being able to make an effort to cut the cross out before it got to the Boro striker.

In the wake of the Newcastle vs. Chelsea result Saturday’s result wasn’t as bad as it seemed immediately post-match. Can’t say that I’m not concerned about the injury list we’ve got at the minute or the lack of spark we showed against Boro, but as much as we got unlucky with a couple of chances (Rooney from Giggs’ ball in the second half in particular) we got lucky again with penalty decisions not going against us. Hopefully we can raise our game for Milan tomorrow.

Hopefully by the time we meet Everton on Saturday we’ll have a one or two players back and Liverpool will have given Chelsea a good running on Wednesday, enough to either hamper their confidence or wear them out enough so that Bolton can grab something while we’re at Goodison.

- - - - - -

While I’m here I’ve got a United related FM question…

If I’ve got 3 players who have slight concerns – Rio and Ronny have lost confidence in my managerial ability, and GNev doesn’t like the way I talk to the team on match days – is there anyway to turn them back to my side?

Basically it’s my first FM07 game and I’m still getting used to a bunch of new features having not played FM06. 3 seasons in and I’ve won the FA Cup twice and finished third in seasons 1 & 2 and second in season 3. Rio and Ronny have been concerned for a while now since we started the season slowly but GNev only became an issue after we beat Liverpool 2-0 in the final (beat them in the final season 1 as well \o/) I’ve just played since at half-time I told them to bring the trophy home “for the fansâ€, which I don’t get really.

Anyway any brief advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

- - - - - -

Now to catch-up on what’s been said since Saturday…

he thought your team talk was long winded and patronising. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye that must be it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Teamtalks are utter ******** mate. Let your assistant do them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. Fm07 in general icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Teamtalks are utter ******** mate. Let your assistant do them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif I just gave my Guiseley team an "Angry" half time team talk because they were 0-0 and utterly ***** against the team coming 23rd (conf nat), they came back and scored 3 to 0 and they have "Fired Up" or "Motivated" in the team talk feedback.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Mark clearly never saw the second leg of Bayern vs. Milan if he thinks the offside rule is going to take care of Inzaghi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having not seen it, does that mean he played well, or scored offside goals?

Ticket office have messed up with my Milan (H) tickets, got in touch with them today and they offered us two in the East Stand (ffs). Gotta collect them tomorrow at the ticket office (probably a 5 hour wait) but it could be worse, atleast I am at the match and still qualify for possible CL final tickets.

MON FA Cup final tickets - applying at 3am, I might get through then.

Could never trust myself to sit in the home end when United play away. Had to eject myself from the Fulham home end at Loftus Road once I'd sat down I knew I didn't want to be there icon_biggrin.gif

Managed to blag me and my mate into the United end though icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah ill be upset if we go out without a whimper having got so far and done so well against roma but priority for me has been the league for ages now and thats not changing. would take defeat tomorrow if it guaranteed a win at everton in a heartbeat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's the problem with football isn't it? You make all these rational transactions before the game like "lose here but win at everton is fine", but when it comes down to it you know deep down that there are no deals done like that, so for me regardless of the fact that i want the league more than anything, i'll be gutted if we lose tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

not like me to make a mongy post now is it mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you really want me to answer that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

right, ATTENTION JULES/JOE:

it seems i inadvertently did apply for milan away (didn't think my online app had gone through) and lo and behold, i've got a bloody ticket icon_biggrin.gif

i definitely can't go, financially out of the question so it's all yours (one of you) for the princely sum of £36.05 (i can probably waive the 5p tbf). let me know asap, else i'll shift it elsewhere as i really need the cash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll most likely have it off, i'll let you know tonight and grab it off you tomorrow night if i'm having it?? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nikos:

It's okay, guys. You may have no defenders, but we have only Beattie up front - Vaughan, Anichebe and AJ all struggling to be fit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does Duncan Ferguson still play for your lot?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

it seems i inadvertently did apply for milan away (didn't think my online app had gone through) and lo and behold, i've got a bloody ticket icon_biggrin.gif

i definitely can't go, financially out of the question so it's all yours (one of you) for the princely sum of £36.05 (i can probably waive the 5p tbf). let me know asap, else i'll shift it elsewhere as i really need the cash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll most likely have it off, i'll let you know tonight and grab it off you tomorrow night if i'm having it?? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bbb told me earlier he'd shifted it to someone but didn't give me any other details, i'll speak to him when he gets back from work and see what's going on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

i'll most likely have it off, i'll let you know tonight and grab it off you tomorrow night if i'm having it?? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bbb told me earlier he'd shifted it to someone but didn't give me any other details, i'll speak to him when he gets back from work and see what's going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got a feeling he may have offered it to me. Might be wrong, though.

His exact words were "Nice wan, do Milan away!"

I declined.

Archived