The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magical!!!

MOM: Scholes - Genius - deserves some plaudits for this season, do the right thing Football Writers.

2nd: Rooney - Cometh the hour, Cometh the Man!

AFFG: 1st - No one, Kaka' is just pure class.

2nd: Evra

Come on Everton, bend over and take one please on Saturday.

Lets hope nev is back for the second leg because i said before the game i dont like Heinze and Brown in the centre. Plus no Evra.

Great game for the neutral but i suspect milan will be the happier team.

I dont understand why we played to contain in the first half, was it because of the early goal or our plan? If we had played the whole game like the second half we could have come away with a nice lead.

Please god dont sit back in the second leg because Kaka will punish us.

Stand out performances. Rooney took his goals well and Ronaldo constant threat.

Scholes was great with his magical passing, the ball for Rooneys first. Carrick grew into the game and did well second half and i was impressed by Fletch.

Giggs assist aside was poor i thought but his set piece delivery is top notch.

thought a lot of people had very good games. ignore the 'milan are complete rot, shouldnt be there' idiots in the match thread. we just made a very good team look very very ordinary and had we stuck a proper defense out i cant see either of kaka's goals going in.

really impressed with us tonight, unlucky not to be more comfortable but the energy levels shown to the death and will to win is really nice to see after the boro balls up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Despite only being one behind, I think they'd be pretty disapponited actually. With that backline we were ripe for the picking yet they sat back. Kaka had a couple of chances before the Rooney equaliser and then they just stopped playing.

Even if we go playing for 0-0 (which I'd highly suspect knowing Fergie in Europe) we're still quite capable of scoring against them on tonight, especially if Maldini is injured as tey were noticeable weaker centrally after half-time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Scholes didn't get a yellow card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>absolute certainty to get booked in Milan /o\

With our first choice back 4 i'd be very confident of us going through to the final and think we would have cruised tonight. Without Nev, Rio and Vida we not only lose great defenders but they add so much more in an attacking sense.

Evra out of the next leg so lets hope Nev plays on Saturday and then can play against Milan.

Also i hope Smith starts the second leg.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Scholes didn't get a yellow card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>absolute certainty to get booked in Milan /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

absolutely. gonna be gutted for him if we get to the final.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

Scholes didn't get a yellow card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>absolute certainty to get booked in Milan /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>only if we go through icon_frown.gif

thought our central midfield trio again were great.

Carrick and Fletch are really showing the quality that they have now.. you dont put in top performances against Roma and Milan in CL Quarters/Semis without being something pretty good.

Ronaldo drifted in and out of his usual brilliance.

Rooney did well given how much of a lone front man he was at times, and Giggs poor movement for most of the game didnt help. Plus his goals wfffffb.

Ultimately, just as I thought it would be, a case of scoring more than we concede ..... so we did icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">absolutely. gonna be gutted for him if we get to the final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its all I was saying about repeating the 98/99 season.

A #7 derided by every other club for ruining England in the previous WC

Late winner by Ole in a FA Cup game.

etc etc

Rooney played ***** tbf (sorry for intruding your thread). 2 goals one good one lucky. Ronaldo hmm nowt special. Kaka awseome and so was scholes apart from the odd foul here and there. Everton for you lot at weekend, definatoe loss for you there.

regardless of how this season ends, its been one of the best i can remember in terms of entertainment. some of the games have been different class for excitement.

course when we win **** all i will claim i would have preferred to play chelsea football but for now ill feel a bit smug about our cavalier style icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

regardless of how this season ends, its been one of the best i can remember in terms of entertainment. some of the games have been different class for excitement.

course when we win **** all i will claim i would have preferred to play chelsea football but for now ill feel a bit smug about our cavalier style icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha, whs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmy91:

Rooney played ***** tbf (sorry for intruding your thread). 2 goals one good one lucky. Ronaldo hmm nowt special. Kaka awseome and so was scholes apart from the odd foul here and there. Everton for you lot at weekend, definatoe loss for you there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

AFFG:

1st goal - imo it's Carrick. He left Kaka alone and it took Heinze by surprise because it was Carrick marking him.

2nd goal - Fletcher and Evra. Fletcher for being first to the ball and doing crap with it and Evra because he had a terrible late challenge that took out Heinze instead of the ball or Kaka.

MoM: Heinze

Runner-up: Scholes

Special Mention: O'Shea (he almost cancelled Seedorf throughout and even managed to drible around)

IMO Heinze in the 2nd half was enormous. He was left alone with Kaka for several times and yet the brazilian didn't find a way around him.

Actually his performance in the 2nd half really makes me believe that Brown + Heinze might actually work in Europe (as long as there is no english opposition).

And it didn't help our defence that Evra decided to be crap the whole game. Though it's probably because he wasn't really fit and even so we are going to miss him come 2nd leg icon_frown.gif

With a decent defence we would have shown just how much better we are than Milan (Kaka aside).

Theres no reason why we cant score a couple of goals in Milan

and btw, under the circumstances, that was a great result. never expected us to win at half time.

And hopefully now people will lay off Fletcher. people have given him stick (me included) but he was brilliant tonight. as was Carrick in the 2nd half.

I thought Carrick and Fletch were good tonight. Scholes only really came into the game once Gattuso went off.

Rooney was great, I thought. Not just in his usual run-all-day, give-it-his-all sort of way, but in his intelligent runs and deft touches. Reminded me of the Wayne of last season a lot. And fantastic finish for the winner.

Ronaldo seemed a bit too keen to prove something tonight. Grew into the game in the second half, cutting in. Some cracking runs though.

Whoever said Heinze was great for us tonight wasn't watching the same match as me, I thought he was shocking. Never realised he was that slow.

Giggs was gash.

Well pleased with a win I couldn't see coming at half time. Quietly confident about the second leg (defenders permitting) because I think we'll be able to hit them on the counter quite a bit.

Gutted about Scholesy's inevitable yellow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

jimmy, the 91 stands for something doesnt it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeh it stands for the score in the 2nd leg to milan \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I thought Carrick and Fletch were good tonight. Scholes only really came into the game once Gattuso went off.

Rooney was great, I thought. Not just in his usual run-all-day, give-it-his-all sort of way, but in his intelligent runs and deft touches. Reminded me of the Wayne of last season a lot. And fantastic finish for the winner.

Ronaldo seemed a bit too keen to prove something tonight. Grew into the game in the second half, cutting in. Some cracking runs though.

Whoever said Heinze was great for us tonight wasn't watching the same match as me, I thought he was shocking. Never realised he was that slow.

Giggs was gash.

Well pleased with a win I couldn't see coming at half time. Quietly confident about the second leg (defenders permitting) because I think we'll be able to hit them on the counter quite a bit.

Gutted about Scholesy's inevitable yellow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was alone with Kaka for around 3 times in the 2nd half yet Kaka was left for dead. Ffs, what game were you watching? Heinze alone was our defence in the 2nd half.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

Please Scholes, no **** tackles in the 2nd leg. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right, a scholes yellow is as certain as death and taxes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sure someone on here said tht they had scrapped the yellows cards making you miss the final thing now or did i dream that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a suggestion I think, either from someone on here, or from a low ranking Fifa/Uefa bloke.

okay, think it was this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Lets hope nev is back for the second leg because i said before the game i dont like Heinze and Brown in the centre. Plus no Evra.

I dont understand why we played to contain in the first half, was it because of the early goal or our plan? If we had played the whole game like the second half we could have come away with a nice lead.

Please god dont sit back in the second leg because Kaka will punish us.

Stand out performances. Rooney took his goals well and Ronaldo constant threat.

Scholes was great with his magical passing, the ball for Rooneys first. Carrick grew into the game and did well second half and i was impressed by Fletch.

Giggs assist aside was poor i thought but his set piece delivery is top notch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

taz my speech, sight, eyes, limbs and other bodiy functions.

cant believe anyone would think that beating ac milan in the semis of the champions league with THAT defense is anything other than a quite superb score. obviously not ideal that they got the away goals but a victory of any sorts seemed beyond our wildest dreams given the injuries.

perspective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just have to agree with all your posts right now... well this one and the one about Rooney's shot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Am i the only one who thinks Everton is the biggest game we have played in years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Tonight clearly much bigger.

just admit you love me and give me a big wet kiss acou </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get bent

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Am i the only one who thinks Everton is the biggest game we have played in years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Tonight clearly much bigger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how?

oh god. that was amazing.

I utterly lost it when Rooney scored, roll on the ummm san siro I guess.

fletch motm for me.

giggs abysmal and then POW a superb ball and SMASH.

oh god, this season gets better and better and better

No. In the bigger picture momentum is vital. Getting a win there will help maintain the momentum that we gained from tonight. Also with the key factor of avoiding injuries, it is a Massive game, but the following Saturday is the MASSIVE one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

just admit you love me and give me a big wet kiss acou </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get bent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

amen fergie, get bent icon_cool.gif

Archived