The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure when you released Jamie Mullen but apparently he's on trial with us with a look at us signing him.

We need a left winger, I doubt he's Prem quality, but do you think he's good for League 1?

heh, looks like we're having a mass clear-out of reserve deadwood then. about time \O/

Mullan (note the 'a' icon_mad.gif) is quite good. can play on the left or right, quick, direct, just lacks an end product really. should do reasonably well in league one i'd have thought.

the club haven't released anything official yet, they usually wait until late May/early June. Marsh was a very obvious one, Mullan less so but unsurprising. can see at least 3/4 more being let go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

So cans of Carling for next Wednesday at the Bridge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what does that even mean?

when did the uglies start speaking in their own tongue?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

So cans of Carling for next Wednesday at the Bridge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what does that even mean?

when did the uglies start speaking in their own tongue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well surely you'd be able to understand it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Knowing our luck we'll probably get beat tomorrow and Kaka will pick up a soft yellow card ruling him out of the final. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, i can feel it in my bones now. It's gonna happen. United vs. Liverpool will happen.

I am as certain as i was when Beckham left, RVN left, Liverpool kicked out Chelsea 2 seasons ago, Barca kicked out Chelsea last season, Liverpool winning the ****ing thing and us beating Milan in the 1st leg.

I have the same feeling, it's gonna happen. With or without Scholes.

The ginger prince better not get ****ing booked!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The ginger prince better not get ****ing booked! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Ronnie! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think he will. I am pretty sure about that too.

IF we reach the final (and that's a big if), from a purely clinical point of view I'd much rather face Liverpool than Chelsea.

Of course there would be so much baggage and tension and losing does not even bear thinking about, but I'd bet that we're more likely to beat Liverpool than Chelsea. Also Tyldsley would probably implode in a sea of mangled hyperbole. I could imagine his start being something very similar to:

"Now who remembers that night in Barcelona and that night in Istanbul? Well in a few years I've got a feeling you might just be talking about that night in Athens. The two red giants of European football collide tonight in perhaps the match of the century. Dreams will be broken, heroes will be made, and forever and a day grandfathers well tell stories of the time these giants met in May". Shutup Tyldesley icon_mad.gif Jeez I'm annoyed already, even though we're destined to lose tomorrow. If not then Clive, gon on then you can actually use that intro if you want. icon14.gif

My stomach is turning about tonight's game already.

Btw, for those who watched the game last night (since I won't bother with the match thread), I'm not the only one who can't believe how lucky the Scouse are to have picked up Mascherano am I? The lad was the best player on the park last night and its not taking anything away from our CMs to say that the lad is a class act and should be wearing a different shade of red.

Anyway, as well as that I was also thinking that Bling's point about doing Milan and then beating the Scouse "for the good of football" isn't just about us not letting Liverpool get another European Cup under their belt, its about footballing principles. The game last night only generated tension because it was gradually rolling towards penalties. Neither side played any football and although Liverpool made 1 or 2 slight attempts and were the better side last night on the basis of actually playing the game, neither of the competing teams last night deserves the title of European Cup holders because of staunch defences and the ability to hoof it towards the strikers.

God kick-off is about a third of a day away but I can't get tonight's match or the potential consequences off my mind.

MON REDS!!! icon_mad.gif

As far as Mascherano was concerned, i was dipping in and out of the game, and skimmed some bits late on as well, but what i saw of him he seemed to be great at breaking up attacks and shielding the back 4, but kept giving the ball away incessantly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

wont be watching if we dont get there, milan are simply not good enought to beat liverpool in a straight knock out and if it goes to penalties the same result as tonight will occur.

WE HAVE TO WIN TOMORROW FOR THE GOOD OF FOOTBALL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whose side are you on man? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

As far as Mascherano was concerned, i was dipping in and out of the game, and skimmed some bits late on as well, but what i saw of him he seemed to be great at breaking up attacks and shielding the back 4, but kept giving the ball away incessantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The slightly whiter Momo, then?

masch was good yesterday.

I just hope the ref tonight is like the one last nite. Seemed like hed glued his cards to his pockets, and could have booked J Cole, or Masch on a couple of occasions but seemed reluctant because they were one away from a suspension.

Just know tonight Kaka, Ronaldo and Scholes are all going to be booked, just to make it easier for Scousers in the final

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

As far as Mascherano was concerned, i was dipping in and out of the game, and skimmed some bits late on as well, but what i saw of him he seemed to be great at breaking up attacks and shielding the back 4, but kept giving the ball away incessantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah he was ace all night. Yes he the ball got away from him once or twice but nothing anywhere near suicidal. Very close to his World Cup form IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

The slightly whiter Momo, then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well no, because he was actually tackling people cleanly and winning the ball, rather than just running arounf kicking them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

Hero of the day - 83

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

davidbowie 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

Matt Cavanagh - 54

mark g 52

keyser - 50

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Taz Devil - 41

Saha - 39

finneys13 - 36

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

added myself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

and at no point do Masch kick the ball directly up into the air the height of the stadium for no apparent reason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was awesome tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

and at no point do Masch kick the ball directly up into the air the height of the stadium for no apparent reason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was awesome tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was fb at the time

So what do you guy's think: If I were Fergie I'd go for Barton. We could do with a backup DM. Would cost a lot less than Owen Hargreaves.

And Fergie sure has a history of handling difficult characters.....

An overly paranoid acquaintence of mine thinks that UEFA don't want a United - Liverpool final and the ensuing carnage that goes with it, and therefore the ref will be HUGELY bias toward Milan tonight.

We shall see...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

So what do you guy's think: If I were Fergie I'd go for Barton. We could do with a backup DM. Would cost a lot less than Owen Hargreaves.

And Fergie sure has a history of handling difficult characters..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barton can **** right off. There's not a more loathsome man in football right now.

Save Peter Kenyon ofc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

And Fergie sure has a history of handling difficult characters..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barton can **** right off. There's not a more loathsome man in football right now.

Save Peter Kenyon ofc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What ali said.

Archived