The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Sorry to be a pain guys..Have any you got a link to anywhere that Mourinho said Ronaldo is unedcated? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

none of that nut rubbish, just the normal ones.

not that i can actually eat anything atm. it's quite pathetic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me about it , been bricking it since last night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

so I sold my OCS ticket and I'm staying home to watch utd \o/

feeling pretty confident about tonight, we've got goals all through the side, and I just can't see us not scoring.

come onnnnnn icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True but I reckon we'll need to score twice and I can't see Milan not scoring tbh.

Looking positive whatever happens tonight - if we win we're in the European Cup Final icon14.gif If we lose I don't have to sit through the torture of watching us against in a European Cup Final against Liverpool icon14.gif Works for me anyway icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Looking positive whatever happens tonight - if we win we're in the European Cup Final icon14.gif If we lose I don't have to sit through the torture of watching us against in a European Cup Final against Liverpool icon14.gif Works for me anyway icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking the same way. icon14.gif

And what are the odds that Milan will bottle it in two CL finals?

a couple of pages back I said that this season (if we're successful) whilst being great and all would be the most unenjoyable for me personally.

I am utterly wrecked at the prospect of meeting the Scouse in the final, to the point where I actually want to miss the game or have Milan beat us tonight.

The weight of expectation as this season has progressed has been immense and despite plenty of times it not looking likely (hello portsmouth, west ham, arsenal, first 58 minutes v Everton) United have exceeded expectations to be in the position that they are in. It's cost me emotionally, I think, because even without my habitual pessimism I wouldn't have thought that United would be here on the verge of a Champions League final.

So i'm intrigued that I am about to walk into a pub filled to the brim with idiot Forest, Leicester, Derby and most other denominations and watch us potentially progress when it's causing me so much stress. I'm wondering why it's so addictive and I don't know if it's habit or if I'm unfairly equating it to an addiction. I also wonder why, if I'm conning myself with the pessimism it gets on my goat so much when we do lose? Good loser or bad loser, you're still a loser after all.

I know this is all a tad introspective and quite possibly doesn't make sense but I would like to be able to enjoy tonight for what it is, the second leg of a tie which is balanced on a knife edge without all the other b0ll0cks getting in the way.

Anyway, I'd just like to add that reverse jinxing Cronaldo worked and you all should worship (yes WORSHIP icon_mad.gif ) me for the hero that I am, ok?

Cheers icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

so I sold my OCS ticket and I'm staying home to watch utd \o/

feeling pretty confident about tonight, we've got goals all through the side, and I just can't see us not scoring.

come onnnnnn icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so you're clear. I'm blaming you when we lose.

If you had kept the ticket you would have gone and regretted going because you missed out on a famous United victory but now you get to watch United lose and you didnt get to go to the concert either. Thats how these things work. You bastard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Made 3 shocking passes in the first 15-20 mins, but everything after that was excellent, didn't put a foot wrong for the rest of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did look rather useful.

Him and Kuyt. Kuyt is awesome. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I don't want Joey Barton anywhere near our club. I'd be physically sick if he ever wore the United shirt.

The guy is a vile nasty s**mbag. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russ S:

Whats Phil Marsh like? Huddersfield have him on loan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old Aussie cricketer, iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">feeling pretty confident about tonight, we've got goals all through the side, and I just can't see us not scoring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone said they couldnt see Chelsea not scoring last night

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">feeling pretty confident about tonight, we've got goals all through the side, and I just can't see us not scoring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone said they couldnt see Chelsea not scoring last night </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said that?

Haven't Chelsea not scored against Liverpool at Anfield in a good few matches in the CL? It wasn't that big of a shock that Chelsea didn't score.

After Drogba's bullying of Agger it seemed a Chelsea goal was favoured by alot of people, hence the pumping it up to Drogbad last night. Rafa also went out of his way to say that he didnt think it was essential that they keep a clean sheet and thought they could score 3 if necessary following the 1st leg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Looking positive whatever happens tonight - if we win we're in the European Cup Final icon14.gif If we lose I don't have to sit through the torture of watching us against in a European Cup Final against Liverpool icon14.gif Works for me anyway icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking the same way. icon14.gif

And what are the odds that Milan will bottle it in two CL finals? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty high actually.

Shocking performance. We get it all wrong away from home in Europe again. Why is it the same everygame when it doesnt ever work?

Fergie left it to the 78th minute to change it. Why when needing to score two do we slow it down and carry on with the patient stuff?

Just a crap performance. No get up and drive in the team.

Heinze had a first half that made Silvestre look like the best player in the world on his worst day.

Giggs and Rooney trying to see who could make the most passes without finding a man. Giggs doesnt even look before playing the ball.

Thought Carrick was crap as well. Ronnie was poor.

Just sh!te all round. In fact Scholes i thought was our best player tonight.

Please god have Rio and Evra play on Saturday.

What more can i say? Just gutted to lose and i cant see Liverpool not beating them in the final.

How can only Paul Scholes look like he give a **** when nobody had played in a CL final before except Giggs?

MOTM: Scholes

2nd: VDS

Only two players who decided to turn up.

AFFG:

1st: no friggin idea

2nd: Giggs and Gaby joint special. Giggs with one of his flicks after we were starting to come back into it, leads to the attack that led to Gaby's mental lapse

3rd: who cares.

Semi Finalist in the Champions League and 1 point away from the league was more than i expected at the start of the season so Im not too downbeat.

Saha, Giggs, Fletcher, VDS AND Heinze are not at the standard required to be in the first 11.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

FAO Alex/Carlos: Eagles, Rio, and Evra in for Giggs, Brown/O'Shea, and Heinze on Saturday please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong day, but you knew what I meant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Edwin not good enough for the first XI? crazy talk there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, he'll be another year older next season and seemed to have lost his bottle this year when we really needed him to step up and be a leader.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

AC Milan 1-2 Man United

Inzaghi '24 Rooney '44

Scholes '74

</pre>

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

I just can't see us not scoring.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

Archived