The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Congrats guys,keep it nice for its return to Liverpool next season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Return suggests its been there before no?

GET IN LADS \o/

Fantastic, so happy right now. Just wish I could have been down at OT, the atmosphere would have been rocking. Really nervous last 15 minutes to the Arsenal/Chelsea game but extatic with the final whistle. Can't wait for next sunday and then wemberley icon_biggrin.gif.

MON Guard of Honour

No more wins needed, we are the Champions! icon_biggrin.gif

One of my fav moments of the season still has to be O'Shea's save when he was in goal. Ferdinand played Keane in, O'Shea rushes out the area and tackles him with Giggs and Rooney laughing on the bench. Class. icon_cool.gif

I don't even care that we were 4-0 up at the time.

CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS

:*****)

what a day :****)

pub was absolutely rammed, took about an hour to get served at the bar. for some reason i'd had a premonition arsenal would win and score a penner -

. second half was weird, not nervy (it was ours anyway, just a matter of when) but a bit tense, when the final whistle finally went we got utterly soaked with beer, champagne, god knows what else. awesome moment, just mental. headed down towards the ground, because i had a portugal shirt on i ended up getting interviewed by portuguese tv and singing the ronaldo song (with actions ofc) with mart randomly swearing in the background. wish i knew someone portuguese :*(

so many people on the forecourt, just a brilliant experience, even better than four years ago. footballs flying around, got a few vidicesque towering headers in, mart slipped over when trying to kick the ball out of my hands and got a rendition of 'she fell over' \O/ headed into town, making a tit of myself in subway by trying to order a 'football meatlong marinara', bought more beer, happy days.

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPPIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNEEEEEEES

Would love it if we just stuck out our U12's against Chelsea.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson wants to stay at Manchester United for several more years after leading the club to a ninth Premiership title on Sunday.

United were crowned champions after Chelsea drew at Arsenal and Ferguson, 65, said: "Why should I give up?

"I feel invigorated by the young players at the club and players like Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes turning out every week for me.

"I don't know how long I will last now but I am enjoying it."

Ferguson, who has been at the Old Trafford helm for over 20 years, had a change of heart in 2002 after announcing his retirement and he stated: "It is easy to retire. It was a quick decision. I did it years ago and regretted it within days."

Asked how the latest title triumph rates with the previous eight, Ferguson added: "All of them were good.

"Maybe the fact that for two years Chelsea dominated the Premier League and we had a big job to do to catch them makes this one special.

I will never be surprised what Sir Alex Ferguson can do because I know what he is like as a person and as a manager. Whoever writes him off he always proves them wrong - and he has done it again

"The key was a good start to the season and we did that very well. It gave us momentum and from that moment on we did not lose it."

Ferguson had initially vowed to avoid title rivals Chelsea's crunch game against the Gunners but his curiosity eventually got the better of him and he watched the last 15 minutes of the 1-1 draw.

He revealed: "I went to see my grandson play; they won their league and we won ours!

"I was twiddling my thumbs. I watched the last 15 minutes at the Emirates and was in agony. My heart was in my mouth.

"It was a great effort by Chelsea, we have got to give them great credit."

Meanwhile, former United midfielder David Beckham, who Ferguson sold to Real Madrid in 2003, heaped praise on his old manager.

The ex-England captain said: "I will never be surprised what Sir Alex Ferguson can do because I know what he is like as a person and as a manager. Whoever writes him off he always proves them wrong - and he has done it again.

"He knows how good a manager Chelsea's Jose Mourinho is, he knows how good Arsenal's Arsene Wenger and Liverpool's Rafa Benitez are and he respects them but as a manager you are not going to get many bigger or more successful managers than him.

"As a United fan I am really happy for the manager and for the players."

Midfielder Beckham, 32, who is set to leave Real for Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy at the end of the season, believes Ferguson will already be focusing on United's FA Cup final showdown against Chelsea on 19 May.

"The good thing about the manager at United is that is what he does - he makes you move on. As soon as you have won a medal he does not stop there, he makes you want more," commented Beckham.

"That is what he put into me and that is what he puts into the rest of the young players.

Who is tracking the paper player dealings??

this is from yesterdays BBC Gossip col

Promoted Birmingham want to lure Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster, currently on loan at Watford. (Sunday Express)

IIRC its supposed to be incomings and outgoings right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Who is tracking the paper player dealings??

this is from yesterdays BBC Gossip col

Promoted Birmingham want to lure Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster, currently on loan at Watford. (Sunday Express)

IIRC its supposed to be incomings and outgoings right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure it's just players linked with a move to us for James' one, he said others could set one up for that kind of thing if they wanted, but it didnt seem to interest enough people.

From the BBC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

FA probes Ball & Brown incidents

The Football Association will investigate Manchester City defender Michael Ball's apparent stamp on Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo.

It will view television footage of the incident in Saturday's derby.

The FA will also look into the alleged headbutt by Fulham's Michael Brown on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso.

An FA spokesman said: "We will ask the officials what action they would have taken had they seen the incidents - and any charges will be based on that."

If any charges are announced on Tuesday, the players would have until Wednesday to respond and, under the fast-track system a disciplinary hearing would take place on Thursday

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was such a fantastic day, worked 8-2 then headed for the Blaize, had 4 peroni before Nick got there so was merrily on my way, took AGES for him to get served and I finally got a corona.

Was right at the front and when the penalty was given everyone went mental, utterly utterly packed, then we were confirmed as champions and I had lager/champagne sprayed at me, me and nick were interviewed for Portugese TV icon_cool.gif headed to OT singing and screaming, stayed there for a bit, fell on my arse when I went to kick the ball (wasn't drunk, it was pish wet through) then mate rang and went to the tollgate and me and some randomers went through pretty much all the United players songs including Fletcher - 500 miles and homohair \o/, fantastic night and can't WAIT for the cup final

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

anyway off to work! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah bugger off and earn ME some money otherwise Jonny wil have your cup final ticket as he'll have cash for it.

I bet i can get Nick's sold too come to think of it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I can ask, logistics of getting cheesecake to the wall still defeating me though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stick it in a tin and you'll be fine.

What Ryno said stick it in a tin

I dont see what the problem is anyway tbh you drive a car get the olds to keep it straight on the way up then carry it too us carefully icon_wink.gif

TBF martin woulnd't give a toss if it was mangled to hell he'd still stuff it down

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

and the paper plates / forks. Who is bringing them eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm sure some can be aquired from a supermarket prior to your arrival

paper plates and plastic folks ftw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">David Gill can go **** himself btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't think the reaction here would be in agreement to him icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

now come on sevilla \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y halo thar.

Top scorer in La Liga :*)

Did Henrik Larsson play enough games to get a winner's medal?

And whats happening with the whole Gareth Bale thing? I read in the paper a few months agi that we'd signed him and he was joining in the summer, but think that was shoddy journalism seeing as I can't find anything about it now.

Archived