The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Smudger a good Striker to have as back up when we need experience and a bit of grit. Rossi Will be the bit of flair as a backup.

Therefore, sell Saha to get a decent Striker in.

Silvestre, Richardson & Heinze then sold to ensure we are able to cover the sales. We're not going to break even on sales this time around, but maybe that's a good thing.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

dont see fletcher being in danger of the chop in all honesty.

really think were looking at heinze, silvestre, saha and richardson for the chop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and despite Heinze :*) etc ... I wouldnt be averse to any of them 4 going really. They'd be my candidates.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

The scousebuster O'shea cant leave

Players who i won't mind if they leave: <STRIKE>Saha</STRIKE>, Smith, <STRIKE>Silvestre</STRIKE>, <STRIKE>Richardson</STRIKE>, Park, Flecther </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How could you?

Smudge, Park and Fletch are brilliant. Can't get rid, ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like Smith and Park

I just said i wouldn't mind not i want them gone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

just like to say im sh*t scared something will go wrong until i see all three players at a press conference with their shirts icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would be rather embarassing if it fell through now :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh what, just doing some youtube research, Nani does mad backflip stuff when he scores? this just keeps getting BETTER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yesss. i hope when they score they get in a circle and do a cool dance icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh what, just doing some youtube research, Nani does mad backflip stuff when he scores? this just keeps getting BETTER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed that. He gets about 10ft of the ground icon_cool.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

VDS/Foster/Kuszczak

Neville/Brown Vidic/Brown Rio/Silvestre Henize/Evra

Ronaldo/Park Hargreves/Carrick Scholes/Fletcher Giggs/Nani

Rooney/Anderson Smitch/Rossi/Ole

</pre>

We have a B team like Chelsea now. 25 man squad.

And O'Shea can cover for everyone really.

So Richardson can go, Saha is gone, dude is injured too many times.

If we can get David Villa that would one of the best team ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

I want to see Richardson try that. With his hair it'd be bound to end in some sort of injury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

quite clearly gonna catch Saha in the mouth first game of the season when he does the backflip meaning Saha is out for the season with a dislocated head.

I have also come to the conclusion that Richardson was copying Giggs' hairstyle from when he broke into the team. Giggs is no repaying the compliment by playing in the same style as Richardson. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing either of them leave.

This smirky guy has it right. Nobody else could get away with playing like Giggs has & not get dropped from the team. I don't care about sentimentality, Giggs shouldn't be allowed to get away with crap performances. Most of all because it makes me want ot self harm when I criticise him game after game.

gonna be so much fun next season, seeing hargreaves win the ball off somebody outside our box with a thunderous tackle. taking it into space, passing it to carrick, bombing forward with the rest of the midfield while Carrick picks out a perfect pass to the one player the opponents don't pick up on

Nani

Can

Fly

:*****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember Peter Beagrie being banned from doing that after injuring himself on his landing against QPR icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

gonna be so much fun next season, seeing hargreaves win the ball off somebody outside our box with a thunderous tackle. taking it into space, passing it to carrick, bombing forward with the rest of the midfield while Carrick picks out a perfect pass to the one player the opponents don't pick up on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or if we're looking to counter we could just do this again

"what a goal! ohhhhh what a goal"

icon_smile.gif

YEah I think we will play

VDS/Foster/Kuszczak

Neville/Oshea Rio/Brown Vidic/Silvetre Evra/Henize

Carrick/Fetcher Hargreves Scholes

Ronaldo/Park Giggs/Nani

Rooney/Smith/Anderson

</pre>

Still good tho. Lovinh Nani and Anderson, nice pacey, flairy players

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Nani

Can

Fly

:*****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember Peter Beagrie being banned from doing that after injuring himself on his landing against QPR icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't LuaLua injure himself doing it last season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

gonna be so much fun next season, seeing hargreaves win the ball off somebody outside our box with a thunderous tackle. taking it into space, passing it to carrick, bombing forward with the rest of the midfield while Carrick picks out a perfect pass to the one player the opponents don't pick up on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or if we're looking to counter we could just do this again

"what a goal! ohhhhh what a goal"

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, that too :-)

Only thing that worries me is that Fergie seems content with the defence. As the back end of the season showed, without Rio, Vids we looked pretty vulnerable and with Gaby leaving it's one less person who can comfortably play in the middle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Started a new FM game with all your new signings icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Our", Fran. It's "Our". Not "Your".

Flippin' amateurs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This smirky guy has it right. Nobody else could get away with playing like Giggs has & not get dropped from the team. I don't care about sentimentality, Giggs shouldn't be allowed to get away with crap performances. Most of all because it makes me want ot self harm when I criticise him game after game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, the thing that bugs me the most is when he does play well how much everyone goes on about it.

we cant do much more than have Rio/Vidic first choice and players the standard of Wes/O'Shea/Evans backup imo

you're not gonna get Rio's sitting on the bench. and numbers wise our defence is good, its just that the injury pile up was freakish at the end of last season

i dont see a problem tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rosslarkin:

Only thing that worries me is that Fergie seems content with the defence. As the back end of the season showed, without Rio, Vids we looked pretty vulnerable and with Gaby leaving it's one less person who can comfortably play in the middle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think we should worry about the defence. We were really unlucky to lose so many first choice defenders at the same time. Thats all.

If one of Vida and Rio is injured Brown does a good enough job coming in. Can't see both defenders being out at the same time again next season mind.

Pique is coming back and has been great on loan.

Plus, it wasn't just losing rio and vids, it was losing evra and nev too, we had all 4 first choice defenders out injured. That isn't going to happen all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Started a new FM game with all your new signings icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Our", Fran. It's "Our". Not "Your".

Flippin' amateurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Schoolboy error by myself icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rosslarkin:

Only thing that worries me is that Fergie seems content with the defence. As the back end of the season showed, without Rio, Vids we looked pretty vulnerable and with Gaby leaving it's one less person who can comfortably play in the middle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but firstly you can't buy top quality centre backs just to keep them on the bench should one of your first team players get injured. Your centre back partnership is arguably the one you want to play together most over the course of the season.

We also have two awesome youngsters who have had great seasons coming back both of whom are centre backs.

We are definitly stronger than Chelsea in that area.

I'm not confident Pique is coming back.

If you don't sell him I can see him spending another year on loan.

Perhaps the same with Rossi, depending on what you (we) do with Saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Evans as well though, Sunderland fans have been treating him as a god.

And don't say anything about Rossi not getting his chance next season, Taz may actually commit suicide.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smirky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This smirky guy has it right. Nobody else could get away with playing like Giggs has & not get dropped from the team. I don't care about sentimentality, Giggs shouldn't be allowed to get away with crap performances. Most of all because it makes me want ot self harm when I criticise him game after game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, the thing that bugs me the most is when he does play well how much everyone goes on about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, Giggs has gotten the most diverse amount of opinions I've ever seen.

The journalists and his peers have basically voted him as one of the best players in the league this season. Whereas for the majority of Man Utd fans he has been useless bordering upon sometimes good.

Now I've been one of his fans this season (I'll admit he's had some ******* games such as the FA cup final) as I believe at times he has been one of our best creative sources in the team. A lot of what he's tried has failed but he's also came up with a huge number of assists (wheres the last stats roundup) that have been crucial to our success.

One of the best cases of this was the Roma game. A couple of people who went to the match came back saying Giggs was utter ********, losing the ball all the time. Yet he set up 3/4 of our goals that evening, at least two of them with inch perfect balls.

Ok, well it was a valid argument in my eyes! icon_biggrin.gif

We've now got 9 players who could arguably make the first team in most midfields (I refuse to include Richardson in that statement) and you're worried about having 3 top class centre backs! Not that I'm complaining about the mass of talent now icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Foster

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Anderson

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Average Age: 24

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smirky:

Exactly, the thing that bugs me the most is when he does play well how much everyone goes on about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, Giggs has gotten the most diverse amount of opinions I've ever seen.

The journalists and his peers have basically voted him as one of the best players in the league this season. Whereas for the majority of Man Utd fans he has been useless bordering upon sometimes good.

Now I've been one of his fans this season (I'll admit he's had some ******* games such as the FA cup final) as I believe at times he has been one of our best creative sources in the team. A lot of what he's tried has failed but he's also came up with a huge number of assists (wheres the last stats roundup) that have been crucial to our success.

One of the best cases of this was the Roma game. A couple of people who went to the match came back saying Giggs was utter ********, losing the ball all the time. Yet he set up 3/4 of our goals that evening, at least two of them with inch perfect balls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The number of times he insists on flicking a ball behind him/around a corner, without looking is stagering for someone of his ability. The number of times i shout FFS GIGGS!! in a match has trippled since christmas.

Im not arguing he cannot deliver inch perfect balls, but as a small example, how many corners did he take in the final. 3, maybe? I dont know exactly but all of them were utter gash. We have Carrick on the pitch who should have taken over, but, didnt. If it was Ronaldo consistantly wasting opportunities to get the ball in the box the commentators would have been straight in to make a comment.

smirky is right

but I also agree with theis that somehow, amongst a lot of awfulness, Giggs HAS made a difference in a fair few games.

the consistency wasnt there. but every so often he was pulling out a great pass/cross that got us a goal.

its a tough one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Foster

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Anderson

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We dropping Scholesy now?

as I said, his performance in the final was complete ********. But that shouldn't disguise the fact that for some reason, his corner taking has been utter **** for ages now.

But still, whilst he may be responsible for losing the ball a lot of the time he has also been responsible for a lot of our creative play. Someone posted the MEN player ratings and they gave him a 7. I think a 7-8 would definitly be a fair assesment of his season.

Foster

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Anderson

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We dropping Scholesy now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just put Foster and Anderson in to prove a point about the youthfulness of our squad/potential first team now

Archived