The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Pretty chuffed with that. Beating Ry-dawg an achievement. I'll claim it as a victory considering Pickles was always going to be favourite icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, Ryan had to work hard for his votes. With you it's natural talent icon14.gif

3rd - theis and Rcjuk

2nd - Saha, 14AlanSmithifb and weststandred

WINNER - finally shakes off the worst user crown in style, it's Taz

three awards left now, the biggies - goal of the season, player of the year and user of the year

United Thread Worst User: Rcjuk, he's good irl, he never shares his chips, tried to take over Mika's position as team news guru, never bought the beer EVER this season and didn't let us use his book for aways.

maybe, some of that I just added

Goal of the Season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ronaldo vs Fulham (a)

Rooney vs Bolton 1st (h)

JOS vs Liverpool (a)

Carrick's 2nd vs Roma (h)

Scholes vs Villa (a)

Carrick's 1st vs Roma (h)

Ronaldo vs Europe XI (h)

Rio vs Liverpool (h) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

TAZ icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

wp, robbed.

Two representatives of stockport icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Producing the Man Utd thread users of the future \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

United Thread Worst User. don't take it to heart lads icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">LibLibertine </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering I've only posted in here about three times before yesterday thats pretty impressive. Who dislikes me then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

3rd - theis and Rcjuk

2nd - Saha, 14AlanSmithifb and weststandred

WINNER - finally shakes off the worst user crown in style, it's Taz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See what abandoning Fletch-hate can do for you icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

TAZ icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

wp, robbed.

Two representatives of stockport icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Producing the Man Utd thread users of the future \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the past icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Pretty chuffed with that. Beating Ry-dawg an achievement. I'll claim it as a victory considering Pickles was always going to be favourite icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, Ryan had to work hard for his votes. With you it's natural talent icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It keeps me entertained at least. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

taz? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all I've got to do then is pick a reserve team player we're sending out on loan and make a post a day about how utterly awesome he is and how we are muppets for even thinking about letting him go out on loan.

Player of the Year:

forget the PFA award, forget the writers one, forget the fans one, THIS is the one they all want. nominees are:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nemanja Vidic

Paul Scholes

Cristiano Ronaldo

Ruud van Nistelrooy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha god you're crap nick icon_biggrin.gif

Why has a space appeared in your name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

forgot to close the bold tags icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif

it's late, i'm ill, leave it

always been there btw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

all I've got to do then is pick a reserve team player we're sending out on loan and make a post a day about how utterly awesome he is and how we are muppets for even thinking about letting him go out on loan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Choose carefully theis. The player needs to be coveted and inspire cult-love that you are the epitome of as Taz is with Rossi. A subscription to MUTV may help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

all I've got to do then is pick a reserve team player we're sending out on loan and make a post a day about how utterly awesome he is and how we are muppets for even thinking about letting him go out on loan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Choose carefully theis. The player needs to be coveted and inspire cult-love that you are the epitome of as Taz is with Rossi. A subscription to MUTV may help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it more that you have to have a couple of years of irrational hate for a good player, which you gradually tone down into mere grudging acceptance?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Wonder who will win?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fingers crossed for Richardson

UNITED THREAD PLAYER OF THE YEAR 06/07 IS...

CRISTIANO RONALDO. was hardly going to be Ruud tbf. someone stick it on his wiki page with the others.

some consolation for Vida is that he picks up the inaugural Cult Hero award, narrowly beating Ole Solskjaer and John O'Shea into joint second, with Paddy Evra third.

People spot you in match threads.

Don't take it personal. Gregg Carter is MUCH worse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah I see. Not taking it personal by the way, it's an internet forum at the end of the day.

Just found it amusing that someone actually has an opinion of me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

haha. my mate was at his mrs' in audenshaw and she was asking him 'why are united playing around here, i can't hear the telly? icon_mad.gif'

what pub were you in karl? we ended up in the prince of orange where they had an elvis night on icon_biggrin.gif

btw, you can see what everyone was cheering for on http://www.fcum.tv/ (they have highlights of the game and also a feature length cup final special)... icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I may have played a pool match at the Prince of Orange, its doing my head in where it is, is it in Ashton?

I was in the Royal Oak in Droylsden, its not near the ground or anything, just that the landlord and a few others are FC Utd fans

nick trying to cover his arse by adding the cult hero award at the last second and pretending he didn't actually forget all about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I was thinking icon_biggrin.gif

and so to the one you've all been waiting for. United Thread User of the Year. ofc the winner gets to start the new thread and enjoy the adulation of their peers for a full 12 months.

nominees:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">James07?

alilaw

mark g

ACou2000

Nick OGS20

Keyser

Rcjuk

No Longer Bling

Young Jimlad

Gregg Carter

Taz

Mika

BBB

pjburrage

T!mbo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does user of the year start the new thread?

foobr stealing it off mark was hilarious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but look what happened to him. icon_mad.gif

I think that's the main reason Mark (I said as much above prior to the post you've quoted), but the Rossi thing does keep Taz in the spotlight somewhat doesn't it?

Or it could be that Taz has actually improved significantly as a poster since last year. I didn't vote for him, but I do think he's making a good contribution.

alilaw nominated by me for basically being awesome icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was my choice as well.

Archived