The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

You could have just said, "Saviola would be ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffb on a free". God, are all you Brits such drama queens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on sometimes it's worth it to be wordy. Tell me that...

"Now remember. Discretion is the better part of valor."

...isn't ace advice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

btw Jim, your admission that, but for injury, Saha 'could have very well got near 30 in all competitions' has given me the all important moral victory in our preseason bet icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas the reality is somewhat different buddy...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Louis Saha: Played - 25 (9)

Goals - 13

</pre>

In other news...

Smith hopeful for new deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Don't worry, you'll get your damn pint icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif its cool mate, just satisfied to have won the bet tbh, I won't see you out of pocket. Especially if you're racking up actual monetary debts with other thread members...

Hope Smithey does get a new deal. I think the lad's fffffffffffffb, been so impressed with him since he came back and he's now got back to the point where he actually adds something to the team as opposed to just having a terrific attitude.

hope Smithy stays if he's happy to play a squad role, but at the same time wouldn't blame him at all for seeking a first team spot somewhere if we bring in another forward or two (unlikely ofc).

Saviola would be class on a free, not quite the non-fragile Saha we're looking for but he's a mobile goalscoring frontman, technically-gifted and not exactly a slouch. just lacking the physical presence we need really.

From the mirror today:

Manchester United are set to offer a contract to irish wonderkid Shay Brady, tipped to be the next Wayne Rooney. The 16-year old is already in the first team at St Patrick's in the Irish League, and United are prepared to sign him on a £5,000-a-week deal in January when he is 17.

Also says that Liverpool are after him too.

anyone seen or heard of him?

the real reason for Anderson's signing becomes clear...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted 'one or two' of his players may be getting too old.

Manchester United have signed midfielders Owen Hargreaves, 26, and Anderson, 19, as well as winger Nani, 20.

Those signings have led to speculation that the careers of veterans Ryan Giggs, 33, and Paul Scholes, 32, could be coming to an end, and Ferguson admits he may have to make a difficult decision soon.

"It's never easy breaking up a team, but you have to look at the long term," he told the News of the World.

"When you're at a club for 20 years, it's impossible to keep the same team. You have to face the horrible prospect that one or two of your players are going to get too old.

"I've had this with several players over the years."

However, he knows it could take time for Anderson and Nani to adapt and mature, and says he is building a side for the future.

"Putting the current team together has been a process of rebuilding. When we signed Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, we were thinking about the future, not just the present.

"There are times when you have to take the hit and be patient when it comes to the younger lads.

"It doesn't always come off and occasionally you have to wait, because they don't have the consistency, but what you hope they do is bring you hope and a dream.

"I'm confident now."

Meanwhile, Anderson says he is able to play in several positions - but is happiest at left-back.

"I like being in the middle behind the striker, but I can play in different systems - it all depends on the coach's plans," he told the News of the World.

"But my favourite position is left-back in a 4-4-2 formation, the position of Roberto Carlos, and I've already played there for Brazil."

And he says he is 'working to become the best player in the world'.

"I was considered the best player in the world at Under 17 level and now I want to be the best at Under 20.

"Who knows what could happen afterwards? I could be the best when I arrive to the senior Brazil team." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

the real reason for Anderson's signing becomes clear...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted 'one or two' of his players may be getting too old.

Manchester United have signed midfielders Owen Hargreaves, 26, and Anderson, 19, as well as winger Nani, 20.

Those signings have led to speculation that the careers of veterans Ryan Giggs, 33, and Paul Scholes, 32, could be coming to an end, and Ferguson admits he may have to make a difficult decision soon.

"It's never easy breaking up a team, but you have to look at the long term," he told the News of the World.

"When you're at a club for 20 years, it's impossible to keep the same team. You have to face the horrible prospect that one or two of your players are going to get too old.

"I've had this with several players over the years."

However, he knows it could take time for Anderson and Nani to adapt and mature, and says he is building a side for the future.

"Putting the current team together has been a process of rebuilding. When we signed Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, we were thinking about the future, not just the present.

"There are times when you have to take the hit and be patient when it comes to the younger lads.

"It doesn't always come off and occasionally you have to wait, because they don't have the consistency, but what you hope they do is bring you hope and a dream.

"I'm confident now."

Meanwhile, Anderson says he is able to play in several positions - but is happiest at left-back.

"I like being in the middle behind the striker, but I can play in different systems - it all depends on the coach's plans," he told the News of the World.

"But my favourite position is left-back in a 4-4-2 formation, the position of Roberto Carlos, and I've already played there for Brazil."

And he says he is 'working to become the best player in the world'.

"I was considered the best player in the world at Under 17 level and now I want to be the best at Under 20.

"Who knows what could happen afterwards? I could be the best when I arrive to the senior Brazil team." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LB ffs icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Let's just say, if you type "Shay Brady" into youtube.. you dont get the result you're looking for..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif boys molesting eachother in my bed

Funny how everybody nowadays is the "next" big thing.

We should make a list of these.

Nani NEXT Ronaldo

Anderson NEXT Ronaldino

Shay Brady NEXT Rooney

João Moutinho NEXT Scholes

Giggs NEXT George Best

Kieran richardson NEXT to go

Lian Miller NEXT Roy Keane

Bently NEXT Beckham

O RLY?, short for "Oh, really?" is a popular Internet phenomenon, typically presented as an image macro featuring a Snowy Owl. The usual conversation flow starts with O RLY?, triggering a YA RLY ("Yeah, really") response, followed by a NO WAI! ("No way"). These may be used in combination with any number of other Internet slang expressions.

The phrase "O RLY?" is typically used in a sarcastic or sardonic manner, often in response to a statement that the speaker feels is blatantly obvious, or blatantly self-contradictory. Some Internet forum trolls may also reply O RLY? in response to a lengthy post (see also TLDR).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Who do you think has been the Player of 2007 so far?

Fifa poll

Vote for Park on the poll on the right hand side.

He's killing Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Drogba and Ze Roberto. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif voted

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Nicholas Anelka - (Guardian)

Afonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Leighton Baines - Wigan (MEN)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Shay Brady - St Patrick's Athletic (Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Michael Kightly - Wolves (NOTW)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Nigel Reo-Coker - West Ham (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Javier Saviola - Barcelona (NotW)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 33

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Rcjuk -69

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

<STRIKE>Master Blasta – 32

EmmYouEffSee – 29

RedBlood – 26

qwerty2k – 17

Razor Eddie – 16

? – 15</STRIKE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Who do you think has been the Player of 2007 so far?

Fifa poll

Vote for Park on the poll on the right hand side.

He's killing Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Drogba and Ze Roberto. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha. Man! I love Park and i believe he is very good but he only played like 5-6 games in 2007 and only about 12-13 games in this season, how the hell does he even deserve to be nominated when he was out more than half of it?

icon_biggrin.gif

Still voted for Park though icon_cool.gif

Archived