The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Mascherano was very good I thought this tournament.

And brilliant against Mexico (I think that's the game) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that Zidane's performance against Brazil will be the performance of the tournament probably but that game probably won't be beaten as game of the tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

it's too late for the moral high ground nick icon_frown.gif

why are ALL our rivals making signings we should be making ffs?

im not talking about spending £30m on shevchenko, i'm talking about the signings of zokora and rosicky, and the rumours of buffon, saviola, gattuso etc etc

ffs icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

You get the feeling the Carrick thing was announced at the same time as Ruud leaving to make us take the focus off the fact one of our best strikers has left. A positive spin on it I guess. DOesn't really work though. I couldn't care that we signed a midfielder. Ruud is gone icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like I said, lad...£15m for carrick is depressing and seems like overspending. carrick for ruud + £5m seems like a right sensible buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Overspent yes but it is a good signing, not a great one. It's almost as if they thought that people would ignore the fact Ruud has left the club because we have signed Carrick & announced it at pretty much the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Well pleased with that draw.

Mind you, didn't we say that last year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said we'd get knocked out.

We'll be fine this time.

Glasgow and maybe Copenhagen for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe David Jones will be our saviour eh? Oh no, turns out Fergie'd rather play a converted winger, striker or left back in midfield than him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well what does that tell you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, that Nick probably overrates him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

When has fergie been wrong about a youngster coming through the ranks? I know how promising Jones has looked over the past 2 seasons in reserve level and on loan etc, but I trust fergies judgement when it comes to youth teamers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he lost my trust when giving Richardson and O'Shea numerous games in midfield. Jonah to come back and haunt us plz

Beginning to think the Fergie dying scenario is a good'un icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

Good result & performance though I thought we were probably best categorized as solid rather than anywhere near spectacular and although we didn’t make the most of our chances we were in control from the off.

VDS did what he had to do well in nets. Vidic and Rio, especially Rio in fact, marshalled their front two well all afternoon. Full-backs did well going forward, hopefully GNev gets the recovery time he needs, Evra still needs more of a final ball though, and O’Shea was for the most part composed and untroubled today. I admit towards the end I was getting slightly jittery about the amount of times it seemed like Evra was drifting closer to Vidic and thus giving Bentley space in behind or when they were targeting him aerially, but the latter was dealt with quite well though it should be noted that with a couple of minutes left bringing Mickey on was the right move.

As a duo Carrick and Scholes were excellent today, and the latter ran the show from start to finish so I’m pleased they combined so well. Carrick needs to take more responsibility moving the ball into dangerous areas from higher up the pitch at times for me as well though – one of our best moves in the first came from him doing this. Giggsy flitted in and out like Taz said – looked like he’d tear them apart when he was on it, absent when he wasn’t. Ronaldo was very direct and as a good outlet as he has been recently, though with the conditions being what they were I expected him to turn them on their heads a bit more really. Rooney worked hard clearly but his execution for his through-balls and his finishing was off today, his best chance was the one that went straight at Brad Friedel. Saha had a great game I thought with his link-up play, movement, taking players on & threatening Blackburn’s goal and eventually becoming the match winner.

Overall I’m pleased with the control we displayed more than anything today really, and although Scholesy orchestrated it, I think I’m going to reward Saha with my MOM vote for his role in today’s victory.

MOM: Louis “I’m going to cost Jimlad a pint†Saha

2ND: Paul “For a guy with bad vision I can certainly pick a pass out†Scholes

And yes, Rooney deserves praise for walking away from that numpty as he was doing a Mart. Our away support did us proud again btw so kudos to the lads that went! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Lets face it, we were jammy against Chelsea last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only in the second half really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

but the criticism of his workrate and lackadaisical attitude last night is valid and its not the first time he's not really been on the park for us this season and with the responsibility that comes from being our only fit out-and-out striker that can't happen.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems to correspond with what Nick said a few weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

First off i'd love us to do the double. For me its League > F.A Cup > CL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bloody hell icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Giggs was better than fine yesterday. No crit from me & I don't see where its coming from for anyone who is really. Other games this season he's deserved it and others he's not. Guess his performances are just proving very divisive in this thread this season since his form has fluctuated a fair bit since his early season purple patch.

Was Fletch just rested yesterday or was it to protect him from injury? Hopefully it’s the former so he'll be chomping on the bit vs. Milan. Watched the highlights on TV this morning and was just thinking again how good he was icon_cool.gif

Assuming, worst case, that Rio, Vidic & Nev are all still absent for Milan, how should Fergie shuffle his pack for that game with Paddy suspended?

Fletch/Wes/Heinze/O’Shea

Fletch/Wes/O’Shea/Heinze

O’Shea/Wes/Heinze/Richardson

…or a radical O’Shea/Wes/Heinze triumvirate at the back? (I already know that the last one is a terrible idea).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH FERGIES ARMY

WE'RE ALL GOING TO WEMBLEY

AND WE'LL REALLY SHAKE THEM UP

WHEN WE WIN THE FA CUP

CAUSE UNITED ARE THE GREATEST FOOTBALL TEAM

got 3 tickets YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well in mate icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and credit to the milan fans, stupidly loud throughout, made anfield like a morgue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They where loud but not as loud as ours icon_wink.gif.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ahahaha, RI forums getting a mention on the times website for the anti BB stuff icon_biggrin.gif

http://timesonline.typepad.com/big_brother/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Assorted weirdos of the world unite (here)

Apparently, not everyone is welcoming the return of BB with the same manifest glee as the residents of Times House. Over on the official, un-official Manchester United chat room a rather stern-sounding, Stalinist editor has warned his regulars as follows:

Official Big Brother thread: Summer 2007

This thread is for the collection of assorted weirdos who are actually going to waste their summer watching this abortion, before coming on the internet seeking to discuss it with fellow morons.

Anyone polluting the rest of the forum with anything to do with this c**tfest will be banned for 24 hours - the only exemption from this will be for those detailing the latest instances of knobheadery from the Richardson clan.

Fear not, any Man U fans seeking fellow morons to discuss the knobheadery [good word] of Charley, or indeed any of the other lay-dees whether related to Kieran Richardson or otherwise, should come and join the thousands of assorted weirdos who will be hanging out here for the next several weeks. (I'm not sure we have the technology to do it but anyone posting about football will be banned. for 48 hours.)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived