World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

gillsminnow

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it. The backline looks exceptionally shaky, so Germany and even a one-legged CRonaldo could end up scoring goals for fun. Ghana's probably our best chance of a win, but they've been our bogey team (knocked us out of the last two World Cups)

In the Uk we got a tipster paper, it reckons USA will flop but may pull of something against Germany. It's reasoning, Germany May have already qualified first two matches, and therefore might play reserves. Kilinsmann will be keen to get one over on Germany. So USA to bt Germany.

Betfred are doing boosts every day before the WC, £100 Max, the Two most interesting are Monday- Argentina into the Final @3/1 and Wednesday Ronaldo to be Top Portuguese Goalscorer at Even Money ( Is best priced 1/2 atm) Tomorrow is Klose top German Scorer @6's Saturday is France to reach the Semi's @5-1 Sunday is Rooney top England Scorer @4's and Tuesday is RVP top Dutch Scorer @2's. Also boosting Brazil to 4's this weekend

Is this available in the shop as well or just online ?

199/1 that's good

Just do top team goal scorer- no team goalscorer. Only thing is bet365 don't seem to allow you to do that in a multiple but done it on another one.

Cameroon,Iran,Costa Rica no goal scorer= 180/1 but that's beefed up by Cameroon which might be unlikely to not not score.

They seem to allow accas as long as the teams are in different groups, maybe an exagerated take on one event inflencing another which seems a bit extreme to me

Between Reus being diagnosed with a partial ligament tear in his ankle, and CRonaldo's injury, thinking about throwing a fiver at Ghana to win the group (10/1, last I checked earlier in the week)

Was already thinking of taking the under (7.5) on Germany group points. Will probably do that one now.

Well damn, Germany over/under revised down to 6.5

So instead I've gone:

$20 on USA UNDER 2.5 points (+115; pays $43)

$10 on Argentina OVER 7.5 points (+145; pays $24.50)

$10 on Spain OVER 6.5 points (Evens; pays $20)

Will probably do top goalscorer and an accy of group stage winners.

Is there a list of penalty takers anywhere?

Specifically I was wondering about Brazil (neymar?), France (was ribery who is now injured so benzema?), Argentina (messi?). Others would be useful too if anyone knows.

Specifically I was wondering about Brazil (neymar?), France (was ribery who is now injured so benzema?), Argentina (messi?). Others would be useful too if anyone knows.

Not sure about France, or where to find a list, but Neymar and Messi are the penalty takers of their teams yeah.

Download the Paddy Power Messenger App.

Login.

Type ‘FOLLOW WORLD CUP’ and press SEND

It will say ‘Following Category World Cup’

24 hours later they will message you with a random team in the sweepstake

If they win the World Cup you get £100.

If they concede most group stage goals you get £50.

Basically a 1/16 chance to win a prize for free.

Barring an injury between now and Saturday I don't see Welbeck not starting against Italy. The way he helps out defensively and his general work rate appeals to Roy and Welbeck is an obvious favourite. With this is mind I like the 5/4 on offer with Winner for him to start. He is odds on everywhere else and the exchanges have him as low as 1.3.

Racing post has one.

I can tell you what they say:

'Probably penalty takers'

Brazil-Neymar

Cameroon-Eto

Croatia-Unknown

Mexico-Hernandez

Australia-Jedinak

Chile-Vidak

Holland-Van Persie

Spain- Alonso or Torres

Colombia-Rodriguez

Ivory Coast- Drogba

Japan- Honda

Salpingidis- Greece

Italy-Balotelli

England- Lampard or Rooney

Uruguay-Suarez

Costa Rica- Campbell

Ecuadoar- Caicedo

Honduras- Bengtson

France-hm it says Ribery

Switzerland- Inler

Argentina-Messi

Bosnia- Mismiovic

Iran Nekounam

Nigeria Emenike

Germany-Ozil

Ghana- Wakaso

Portugal-Ronaldo?

USA-Dempsey

Algeria- Unknown

Belgium- Hazard

Russia-Shirokov

South Korea- Unknown.

• Administrators

Haven't had a chance to check through all probable pen takers but worth noting with Nigeria that Moses scored one vs Ethiopia with Emenike on the pitch back in November, which seems to be the last one awarded with them both available.

• Administrators

Ozil took a coupla shockers for Arsenal this season too so maybe he's not on German duty, although apart from Lahm I can't immediately think of someone who would be a definite taker ahead of him. Muller maybe, if he starts.

Login.

Thanks will have a go on that. Weird app though.

Gave a quick scan over the first page and didn't see it mentioned.

This is probably the easiest £20 you'll ever win, Coral are offering for new customers only 2/1 that Brazil wear yellow on the opening game against Croatia. £10 max bet.

http://promotions.coral.co.uk/landing-pages/crazy-prices/

Out of interest for anyone that knows...

do companies make money from people literally having accounts (even if they don't use them).

They offered 3/1 on England beating Peru last week so I desposited £10 after opening, won £30 and withdrew my £40.

I'm the type of guy who will take 1/1 with bet365 (my fav account) rather than 11/10 with someone else so was wondering if they'll make money from me just having an account with them? number of accounts higher = more sponsorship/advertisers etc or is it a case of them just hoping i'll start betting with them once the account is open

Login.

Cheers for this. Just got my message back and I have Brazil.

Greece are currently 16/1 to be the tournament's lowest scorers. They've only scored 1 goal in their 4 warmup games and are in a group they're unlikely to get out of.

Australia will be a better play as they are probably in the toughest group.

Archived