The Anybody But England Thread.

I have to admid I not a real fan of the English national team. If they don't make it through their group :thup:

I have nothing against England or English people, the opposite even, pretty good experiences with the English people I have met so far. But their national team just plainly sucks, and doesn't contribute anything to a WC or EC. Their football is awfull, mainly leaning on pure physical. With usually the emphasis on defence rather then attack and their overall squad is just lame. But ... but, I have to say, I have high hopes to see some good stuff from England this year. Hope they will play looking at their own qualities instead of looking at the opponent and putting up a barrier like Chelsea.

Not sure if Sterling and Lallana will start. Some nice players those two, especially that Lallana guy who I think is very underrated, amazing little creative footballer who could easily play in Spain or Germany.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think this is the first year I've not been really bothered about England. Normally I'm as ABE as the next guy but I think they have a fairly likeable, inoffensive team this year. Still want them to crash out at the group stage though, preferably without scoring a goal, purely for the comedy factor.

Don't think you can call anyone dumb when you were the one that paid 500 euro's for a girls drink who then walked away.

oh-snap-gif-1.gif

That hammered that I could barely read isn't dumb. to me it's a good time :cool:

It's only money, I'm loaded anyway as I get a £1 every time Marshall makes a save

1 memory I have from Euro 96 was watching Baddiel & Skinner in a packed stadium, can not remember which game it was, and they were both dancing around as a full crowd sang the 3 lions song.

I honestly thought it was brilliant, what a great feeling that must have been for both of them.

I never liked the English national team but got to admit the current squad is, like, for the first time forever, fairly likeable.

Typically I'd root for Uruguay and Italy as some of my preferred teams but after predicting England to make the semi-finals in that other thread I made, I've got an extra incentive to want them to do well, too. :D

If only there were some warning signs that jmr would be an insufferable little scrote, eh?

I know mate but I just do not get how he could read my comment and feel the need to troll the **** out of it, I have my doubts he was even born/can even remember Euro 96.

Like I said, such a strange sad little guy.

English fans, fupping animals...

Police fear rise in domestic violence during World Cup

The most detailed research into the links between the football World Cup and domestic abuse rates has revealed that in one force area in England and Wales, violent incidents increased by 38% when England lost – but also rose by 26% when they won.The research, by Lancaster University criminologist Dr Stuart Kirby, a former police officer, monitored police reports of domestic violence during the last three World Cups in 2002, 2006 and 2010.

Can't wait for the state of this thread on Saturday night :D:cool:

will no doubt be full of drunken scots and welshies using another countries success to fuel their jealous hatred of us :D

Holland have peaked too early. I'm glad they smashed the Spanish like that because I'm confident they'll run out of steam early. The ABE brigade must be in squeaky bum mode with this Uruguay performance.

Archived