Semi-Finals Match 2: The Netherlands vs Argentina - Wed July9th, 9pm BST

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just realised Argentina are finally wearing black shorts - first time this tournament iirc. About time, too. Doesn't look right with white shorts :D

Maybe FIFA finally realized most of us don't have black and white TVs?

These match threads have become quite a bit quieter lately. Thought they would get busier for the latter stage of the competition rather than less active.

Even yesterday's thread was very slow until Germany started to score one goal after another.

Just realised Argentina are finally wearing black shorts - first time this tournament iirc. About time, too. Doesn't look right with white shorts :D

Yeah, FIFA have some strange rules about colours. England were in all white thanks to FIFA. Germany played with white shorts for a lot of the tournament. Argentina the same. Seemingly for no real reason at all, at least that I can understand.

Plenty of other examples that I can't think of right now, including teams who played in away strips when there was no need for it, and also teams changing strips so they don't clash with the referee's uniform. Ridiculous.

Yeah, FIFA have some strange rules about colours. England were in all white thanks to FIFA. Germany played with white shorts for a lot of the tournament. Argentina the same. Seemingly for no real reason at all.

Plenty of other examples that I can't think of right now, including teams playing in away strips when there was no need for it, and also teams changing strips so they don't clash with the referee's uniform. Ridiculous.

Agreed, very silly rule that FIFA have arbitrarily put in place with little/no explanation at all.

Agreed, very silly rule that FIFA have arbitrarily put in place with little/no explanation at all.

I just like to see teams playing in their traditional colours unless there is an obvious clash and an absolute need to change. And there is no way that a referee's kit should interfere with the actual team kit selections!

Argentine guy with this banner teasing Brazil:

BsIOGuOIMAA2YZe.jpg:large

The sadness has no end, with the '7' and the '1' instead of 't' and 'i' in 'tristeza' (sadness).

Still think personally that it shouldn't be a rule that a concussed player goes off. I know lots do think so and that there has been previous issues with players of several sports regarding this matter. Like I put in the thread ages ago (which I got slated for), I always think it should be up to the player and professional medical team to assess whether the player can continue, with any ounce of doubt meaning the player is removed of course.

Hahaha, commentators are mugs.

"I don't think he is offside"

Yeah he wasn't, but it wasn't RvP who was called off, it was the guy who nodded it down (and they even acknowledged him as being offside ffs!)

Archived