ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

@Cardiovascular Nice season. I think it's good to stay in Div 3 for a few seasons so that you can bring lots of 17 year olds into the team. I think I got promoted in my 4th or 5th season with Essen.

edit: my rep with Essen had moved up to continental by 2027.

@worrell What a great season! Unlucky not getting the CL spot, I imagine Marseille would have rioted had you finished above them. Gordien looks really nice.

@chocolatecoatedballs I agree about De Biasi, the only problem is that I only have 4 centre midfielders and none of them are really good enough to carry my preferred formation (4-2-3-1). I don't want to mess with my 4-3-1-2 at the moment in case we get relegated or something. I imagine (hope) he will eventually play as a winger though :cool:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went back to the oldschool 4-4-2 and things started looking better. Some things are clear to me:

1 - I cant field a single striker, he's too young and can't hold the ball, i need a pair so they can always run towards eachother.

2 - As my wide players are really bad at crossing/dribbling and i don't have any decent target man, my team plays better when i tell them to be narrower so they can't fill the spaces and make passes behind of the defensive line.

What attributes make a good winger? I assumed that, like in previous editions, a pacey one averaging 12/12 pace/acceleration with at least 10 of dribbling would me more than enough for the goddamn sixth tier, but it seems it's not, they will never start a forward run and all the defenders seem to be faster, they're almost never outrun, which makes the movimentation the most important aspect.

Also, NEVER my strikers can receive a direct pass in behind the other teams defense, only rarely when my defenders try a long pass, but the opposite side can do that a lot, they're always lauching in the back of my defenders. HOW? ****ing how? Dropping deeper, doesn't help, having them both to cover, doesn't help.

I assume i'm instructing them to do things and they just don't do and that's frustating because then i see the other sides doing exactly what i want MY players to do.

The PPM's have a lot more impact now? i miss the tactics from fm 2008 or even 2013, where i knew i was doing, even when i lost the games i knew why.\

Now it just feels the players will do whatever they feel doing and all my tactical knowledge is useless...

I sold my first youth player. Really disappointed to see him go but £775k puts us back in the black financially, and 40% of the next sale will hopefully mean we pick up a tidy fee in the future. On the downside, it looks like this sale may have disgruntled some of my current squad, and conveniently, there's no option to say "we need the money."

Just putting my season 13 write up together!

While I do, interested in hearing opinions.

Has anyone ever had their Assistant Manager handle the youth intake?

I ask, as I have just been able to land my best AssMan in a long time, and he has perfect stats for HOYD as well. Contemplating giving him the staff responsibility of "Brings youth players into the club, and informs you of their development".

Thoughts?

New Assistant Manager

Love his JPA, JPP, discipline, motivation and works with youth. Determination could be a touch higher. Good personality as well for influencing intakes.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 13 Review (2027)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions - (Results - First Half - Second Half)

Premier Division 2027: 3rd

Swedish Cup - 2026-27: Winners!

Swedish Super Cup - 2027: Winners!

Europa Cup - 2027-28: 2nd Qualifying Round

Swedish Cup - 2027-28: progressed to group stages next season

Season Review

Holy smokes was that an action packed season!

We started out with our more disciplined approach away from home and at home once we have a lead. And you have to say it certainly improved us!

To begin with was the Swedish Cup and our defence of the first piece of major silverware. The Group games were all very professionally handled and we managed three 3-0 wins. Next up was a home Quarter Final against Djurgarden. Another very good performance saw a 2-0 win and we move into the semi finals. Here we received a tough draw, away at AIK. Our now seasoned Swedish Cup squad again put in a performance of the highest professionalism and we record a 1-0 victory and march into our 2nd consecutive Swedish Cup Final. Waiting for us there are Malmo, who are desperate for their final defeat last year. Entering the game we had scored 16 goals en route to the final and conceded 0! Any thoughts of keeping a competition clean sheet were erased very early, with Malmo scoring inside 3 minutes! Another very tight final played out, but finally we equalized on 53 minutes through a Karl Storm (YP 11D) free kick special. 10 minutes later we take the lead via Olle Danielsson (YP 08B). We managed to kill off the next 20 minutes of the game, but the final 5 minutes was frantic! Malmo threw everything at us, but somehow we repelled it. A 2-1 cup final win, for successive trophies! Even better is entry into the Europa League.

In the league we started with a win, a draw and a loss for initial mid table status. We then rattled off 5 straight wins as we put our name in the title hunt hat. We sign off for the summer mid season break with 2 draws and a loss, to sit in 3rd place.

Returning from the summer break, our first action is in the First Qualifying Round of the Europa Cup (did I mention that Sweden's co-efficients are horrendous currently!). We drew tiny Daugava of Latvia. Two very pedestrian 6-0 victories follow and we moved into the 2nd Qualifying Round and received a tougher draw, AA Gent of Belguim. The first leg was at home, and we had one of our most flat performances of the season. We took an early 7th minute lead, but then did nothing! AA Gent eventually took control of the game and would up 2-1 winners. The 2nd leg needed a huge improvement and it started of badly. A 2nd minute goal and we are down 3-1 on aggregate. Then we finally kick into gear and score 3 times in 14 first half minutes. Suddenly we are up 4-3 on aggregate and hold the away goals advantage. Then, just as the first leg, AA Gent took control (with their weird 3 DC, 2 DM, ML, MC, MR, 2 FC formation) and strangled the game. Goals in the 68th and 73rd minutes put us out of the competition....

While this was going on we were able to record 4 straight league wins and briefly hit top spot in the league. Then, a stumble. The next 4 games saw poor performances and 2 draw and 2 losses in games we should have been winning (or at least performing well). A Europa League exit hangover or something more?

I changed things around a little, and it certainly worked and caught teams off guard. Seven straight league wins were knocked out and suddenly we were in a simple 3 way dogfight for the league title. The 7th of those wins was against league leaders Malmo, drawing us level on points with them, although they held a huge GD advantage. Our next game was against 3rd place Djurgarden. We took an early lead, but in a tight game they got the rub of the green and wound up winning 3-1. We rebounded with a 3-1 win of our own against relegation threatened local rivals IFK Goteborg, leaving the league with a mouth watering last day of the season. 1 point seperated Malmo, ourselves and Djurgarden. We were away to 13th place Halmstad and Djurgarden hosted Malmo in a HUGE game.

t2wuBTK.jpg

* If Malmo win, they win the league

* If Malmo fail to win, and we win, we win the league

* If Djurgarden win, and we fail to win, they win the league

Malmo make the first move, scoring in the 15th minutes. All other scores are redundant currently, as they win the league

We go 1-0 up in the 37th minute, putting pressure on Malmo as they know a slip now means we are champions

Disaster as we concede a 52nd minute penalty, 1-1

60th minute horror as Halmstad score again, we are now losing 2-1

87th minute Djurgarden equalize! Now one more goal for them and they win the league, if we had been winning our game we would be winning the league.

As I throw every resource available to me at the Halmstad goal, they break on the counter and kill us off, 3-1

Agony. Malmo win the league by 1 point from Djurgarden, who finish 2nd one point ahead of ourselves. The silver lining is we are entered into the Europa Cup again next season, but what might have been.....

7 days later the curtain to the Swedish season is the Super Cup, pitting the league and cup winners together at the league winners stadium. So off we go to play Malmo and we put in a performance which would have easily won us the league, whooping Malmo 4-1 at their place... What might have been...

Youth Intake

A very defensive looking intake.

Jesper Berglund (YP 13A) - A solid looking right back. He will be given time to develop in the youth system due to one of our key performers being a right back.

Liam Andersson (YP 13B) - Central defender with good starting attributes. I may do some DM retraining just to give him some flexibility and extra chances at games

Rasmus Johansson (YP 13C) - Finishing up the holy trinity of defending spots, a good potential left back. A pacey tackler, the rest can be worked on.

Samuel Engelbrektsson (YP 13D) - The yearly good potential goalkeeper!

Mathias Rydwik (YP 13E) - Another speed merchant, with nice attributes for the shadow striker role. I may also retrain to FC to again give more flexibility and options. Injury prone and doesn't like big matches.

"Frolunda Five" - 2027 Edition

Karl Storm (YP 11D) - Now that is what I call taking your chance! Karl, especially with his set piece delivery, took his opportunity at game time and never gave

it back. Great season!

Kevin Gustavsson (YP 09A) - Our main attacking threat, Kevin scored 29 times in all competitions this year, with his pace threatening all teams. Now has 6 caps and 3 goals for Sweden.

Magnus Ohlin (YP 11A) - A surprise inclusion here, due to his high average rating. Magnus is pushing for a full time first team role. He was usually the first to receive the call when rotating (which was most of the season).

Eric Lindberg (YP 07B) - Steady Eric held down the right hand side of the defence. Another speed merchant, usually used to get himself (and us) out of issues.

Andre Holgersson (YP 09C) - Andre has himself a very nice season. He was one of the tweaks that happened, and from his new AMC role he averaged 7.78.

Miscellaneous

So, what might have been!

Still, and excellent season for us and one to really introduce ourselves as a team to be reckoned with within Sweden and not just a team who had a good cup run.

Off the field we were able to eek out another youth recruitment upgrade from the board and it is now rated as 'Above average'. Money is preventing us from facility upgrades or a stadium expansion (we averaged 8,818 in our new 9,190 stadium), but we are hoping that will change soon. Chelsea received another offer for Niklas Wikstrom (YP 05A), this time from AC Milan and for 12-15m. Again they turned it down. He now has 7 big teams after him, and I am hoping they do sell him so we can profit....

Season 12 (2027) Targets

* Match or improve on last seasons league position (5th) - Achieved

* Match or improve on last seasons league points (48) - Achieved

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals scored (65) - Failed

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals conceded (50) - Achieved

* Match or improve on last seasons league goal difference (+15) - Achieved

Season 13 (2028) Goals

* Match or improve on last seasons league position (3rd)

* Match or improve on last seasons league points (62)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals scored (60)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals conceded (32)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goal difference (+28)

The Journey So Far...

Season 01 - 2015 - Second Division (West Gotaland) (1st - Champions)

Season 02 - 2016 - First Division South (10th)

Season 03 - 2017 - First Division South (2nd - Playoff Winners)

Season 04 - 2018 - First Division Elite (13th - relegation playoff winners)

Season 05 - 2019 - First Division Elite (8th)

Season 06 - 2020 - First Division Elite (11th)

Season 07 - 2021 - First Division Elite (8th)

Season 08 - 2022 - First Division Elite (1st - Champions)

Season 09 - 2023 - Premier Division (8th)

Season 10 - 2024 - Premier Division (8th)

Season 11 - 2025 - Premier Division (6th)

Season 12 - 2026 - Premier Division (5th)

Not sure about that, always left it up to HOYD. Can't believe a Danish guy joined your club, he is betraying the future of his country!

Kevin looks great :)

Does anyone know if the director of football has an impact on the quality/amount of sponsorships you get? If he doesn't then I'm going to sack mine to save some money!

Does anyone know if the director of football has an impact on the quality/amount of sponsorships you get? If he doesn't then I'm going to sack mine to save some money!

Got to be honest, I have never hired a DoF as I prefer to do all his stuff myself to keep a tight ship :)

I'm somehow losing my drive on the game..past days i progress a season for like 2 months and I'm done..hopefully I get the taste again

I have had this in both of the past 2 years. Both times I have shelved my main game and either played another save or another game altogether until the urge returned. The challenge can be very draining at times.

Hoping your urge returns soon *giggerty*

I'm struggling on mine.. Season two in the Conference North and I'm routed to the bottom, 6 points from safety. Was planning to post a catch up style post, but it looks a lot like I'll be finishing this attempt a little prematurely.

I'll post something up if a) I survive, or b) I start again in another country.

FSV_Zwickau.png

Season 3 (2017/18) - FSV Zwickau - 3.Liga

League - Another solid season. We were contesting the promotion playoffs for a while but some bad away form where we shipped quite alot of goals shunted us down the pecking order a bit. Still, 6th place is a really solid top half finish for our wee squad. A nice sum of about £500k for finishing sixth as well, hopefully next year we can push on a bit!

Transfers - None in obviously, but the £750k we received for Sascha Hampf (YP02b) from Hertha Berlin was nice. He had alot of potential, but the money was necessary as we're absolutely cash strapped. Will keep an eye on his progress, I reckon he could be something special.

Finances - Still £900k in the red ffs, but come the turn of the new season, the board have paid off £2.7m of our debt to save us from receivership. I'm not sure if it's a loan or out of their own pocket? Doesn't appear to be a loan, but we're well in the black now.

Key Players

Patrick Gobel - Not his most prolific season by any means, but he still maintained a great average rating despite just nine goals and eight assists across the season. Our best player by average rating.

Artur Jendrossek (YP01c) - A fantastic debut season for the young central midfielder as he scored five and assisted four from the centre of the park. Not great by any means but a solid average rating shows he did have a great year pulling the strings in the centre. Has been promoted to the role of vice-captain this year already thanks to his brilliant leadership stat.

Sebastian Mai - Another debutant in the key players section of the update, the 24 year old had a great season at centre back.

Youth Intake

Another really good intake, including a top potential striker! Which I'm pleased with as people seem to be complaining about this.

Top 3

Peter Neumann (YP03a) - the aforementioned striker

Jens Engler (YP03b) - another versatile fullback, but we're stocked here.

Christian Huber (YP03c) - tall CB that may prove useful.

Summary

[u]Season     Division     Position   Achievements[/u]

2015/16    3. Liga       11th          None
2016/17    3. Liga        6th          None
2017/18    3. Liga        6th          None

Neumann looks great Cardiovascular! Too bad you have to wait 3 more years to play him.

Agreed, he looks fantastic for 14! And makes me very jealous! :D

Also, Jendrossek has some really nice progression there and is a tidy playmaker :thup:

Building a nice squad and pushing for promotion, KUTGW!

AS_Vitre.jpg

Just wondering. Obviously I cant accept a job offer but can I go into job interview - mainly to try an get board to give me something so I stay.

Currently in first season in L1 and 12th in jan.. only 2pts from 16th but 8 points from relegation zone.... very good at home but I can barely score away. I have only won 4 in my last 17.

Biggest shock was beating PSG 2-1 at home

I haven't had chance to play with the patch yet, but I did update and load the game to make sure skin etc. is ok.

They changed the color scheme of Vastra Frolunda!!!! :eek:

Ok, it is not drastic, but after years of white with green text, I now have white with red text..... And the GKs tops are magenta.....

I need a lie down :D

So I'm about to get relegated on mine, so barring some miracle, I'll be starting a fresh one soon enough..

Are there any countries that people would recommend starting in? Or is there a country that rarely get used that might be worth a crack? I'm totally open to any suggestions.

Don't think anyone has tried greece so far this year, though it only has two tiers so maybe not as rewarding a challenge. I would say norway or denmark but obviously they aren't available for the challenge. Sweden & Belgium seem the most popular though. I think spain & portugal are possibly the most difficult.

Hmm... For whatever reason, Greece doesn't really tempt me. Spain or Portugal are maybe worth a crack, I'm also toying with the idea of France or Italy.

Thanks for the suggestions ajt

I think France and Italy are fun too. Italy has a few former big clubs available that have rivalries with Serie A teams (Padova, Siena, Triestina) due to recent bankruptcies. I did loads of reloads and from what I can remember Brindisi or Lecco could be good fun as they start with a fair amount of players for your first season, but without being former successful teams (poor facilities).

Logo.jpg

FC KAMAZ Naberezhnye Chelny

2019/2020: 4th in the First Division, Lost the promotion playoffs, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

Table | Results | Statistics | Transfers | Youth Intake

Another year of the youth demanding playing time, the starters demanding to join bigger clubs, and the leaky finances. Oh, and victories. And many shutouts. :D

With Mateev out the door and Kniga relegated to the bench (and then sold for basically nothing when he regularly gave up huge score lines coming off the bench), the young defense really needed stepped up big time. GK Y1c Nazarov impressed enough to join the Russian U19s. D© Y1a Korotaev also was a member of the Russian U19s. He's attracted attention of Premier Division clubs. Meanwhile D(RL) Y0f Gusarov and D(RL) Y1f Lavrov stepped up big time. Even D© Y0g Spirin appeared capable even if his development appear stunted (1-1/2 stars with no change). Joining them next year will be D(RLC) Y2c Zaitsev and D© Y3a Berezutskiy.

M© Y1b R. Andreev was named captain and anchors the midfield. Y2d Y. Andreev claimed a starting spot by midseason, pushing veteran winger Sotnikov to the bench. Y1d Y. Andreev even beat out Y1b R. Andreev for Fans' Player of the Year. M© Y2b Vintov and AM® Y2e Kalinin are demanding playing time. It will be rough getting them all playing time.

We decided to sell our striker Volkov as he was refusing to re-sign with us. He was shipped out at the end of the season for $925K and nearly a million more in clauses. Sapozhov and Ovechkin will share the striker role, with Y1d Y. Andreev moving from M© into the shadow striker role in our 4-2-3-1 formation. If we fail to join the promotion battle next year, I'll regret this decision.

Eventually the top two in this year's youth intake, AM(RLC)/ST© Y4a Pavel Mikhailov and AM®/ST© Y4b Boris Kostenko, will take those roles. Mikhailov will seen a quick rise up the depth chart as our attack force. Kostenko could also be used as a target man in due time.

Also to catch up on our top recent youths (screenshots taken May 2021):

D(RLC) Y2a Asianbek Saveljev, M©/AM© Y2b Alexandr Vintov, D(RLC) Y2c Evgeny Zaitsev

Y3a Boris Berezutskiy, D® Y3b Dmitry Khadartsev, AM®/M® Y3c Artur Leonov

AM(RLC)/ST© Y4a Pavel Mikhailov, AM®/ST© Y4b Boris Kostenko, D(L) Evgeny Gazlev

Seasonal Summary:

2015: Started challenge

2015/2016: 15th in the First Division, Fourth Round in the Russian Cup

2016/2017: 13th in the First Division, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

2017/2018: 10th in the First Division, Quarter-Final in the Russian Cup

2018/2019: 5th in the First Division, Sixth Round in the Russian Cup

2019/2020: 4th in the First Division, Lost the promotion playoffs, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

150px-MDA_Foot.gif

Monts d'Or Azergues Foot Chasselay ~ 2015/16 ~ French National

Manager Profile

Transfers - as you can see, one chap came in just before I took over.

So I've gone for MDA Chasselay, who are based near Lyon.

Here's a link to their Wikipedia page if you're curious.

I was actually hoping for a Basque club to crop up, but no such joy. Instead I've gone for these guys who play at the Stade Ludovic Giuly, and have Sidney Govou amongst their ranks. They were founded in 2006, so I've got a chance to create some history for them.

I'm hoping for a pretty swift promotion here, because the finances will struggle otherwise.

I'm not one to nickname my players, so won't be doing any of that but I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my best regens as I go.

Season Target: Promotion. Optimistic, I know.

Don't think anyone has tried greece so far this year, though it only has two tiers so maybe not as rewarding a challenge. I would say norway or denmark but obviously they aren't available for the challenge. Sweden & Belgium seem the most popular though. I think spain & portugal are possibly the most difficult.

you can also go for denmark or norway. last year some guys did the challenge with an norway team, so go for it ;)

150px-MDA_Foot.gif

Monts d'Or Azergues Foot Chasselay ~ 2015/16 ~ French National

Manager Profile

Transfers - as you can see, one chap came in just before I took over.

So I've gone for MDA Chasselay, who are based near Lyon.

Here's a link to their Wikipedia page if you're curious.

I was actually hoping for a Basque club to crop up, but no such joy. Instead I've gone for these guys who play at the Stade Ludovic Giuly, and have Sidney Govou amongst their ranks. They were founded in 2006, so I've got a chance to create some history for them.

I'm hoping for a pretty swift promotion here, because the finances will struggle otherwise.

I'm not one to nickname my players, so won't be doing any of that but I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my best regens as I go.

Season Target: Promotion. Optimistic, I know.

....Well this was a short lived attempt.

Having had a strong start, I was sitting happily amongst the top 4 with dreams of getting promoted - until I stopped winning. Simply stopped winning. No obvious reason why, but I went through about 3 months without a win, dropping to around 10th in the table before being called to discuss my future. In a strop, I refused to attend the meeting and they fired me on the spot.

Not ideal! I still don't think I was doing too badly. I had a lot of score draws, I just couldn't keep a clean sheet. The squad itself only had 3 recognised first team defenders, so I was forced to play people out of position or chuck in a 15 year old here and there.

Never mind.. I was enjoying it but it wasn't meant to be. Didn't even reach the first youth intake day...!

FSV_Zwickau.png

Season 4 (2018/19) - FSV Zwickau - 3. Liga

League - the dream I posted about a couple of posts ago was not to be. We beat relegated Jena 3-2 and completed our part, but 1860 scored in the first minute of their game and kept it that way to win 1-0 and promotion. It was.. heartbreaking in a way but automatic promotion was still a massive success. Not only was the loss of the title to 1860 on the last day heartbreaking, but we also led the league for several games as the graph shows. Fantastic season nonetheless as we never dropped lower than 7th for the entire season0

Transfers - None in obviously, but we did bring in £2k for our right back who was shunted to back up this season.

Finances - It looks good, but the board have just paid off some of our debt. About £3.7m to be exact, of which some went into our stadium expansion and some went into improving our youth facilities! So good news there.

Youth Intake

Top 3

Christian Bergmann (YP04a) - Another top rated left back. Anyone know if you can fit roughly three left backs in one formation? Other than that, I may see about training one of them to be a left winger.

Chris Engel (YP04b) - Ohhh I really like the look of this centre mid! Nice mental stats, future captain in my opinion, especially with his model professional personality.

Artur Schroter (YP04c) - A nice versatile midfield player who hopefully has a fair amount of potential.

Key Players

Patrick Gobel - Once again, the right winger was our star man but in sad news, it's probably going to be the last time he's here. He took a hissy fit when I offered him to clubs at the start of the season (I couldn't afford to offer him a new contract then) and he's never forgiven me. I'm still hopeful, but there's just a month to go. :(

Artur Jendrossek (YP01c) - Sensational season from our central midfield who flourished in his new role as vice captain. He took to it like a duck to water and was really good throughout the season, chipping in with a few screamers to go with it as well.

Maximilian Fritzsch (YP00a) - Great season from the young striker, 17 goals and 12 assists was a brilliant returned as he excelled up top.

Youth Update

Just a quick update on those players who have broken into the first team, there's a few:

Bernd Schumacher (YP01f) - made the centre midfield spot his own alongside Jendrossek (YP01c), good stuff from him.

Dragan Jovanic (YP01e) - the goalkeeper made sporadic appearances in the first team and performed fairly well, averaging a 7.11.

Hakan Sahin (YP01b) - has cemented himself into the left back spot, some really good physicals mean he's usually fairly solid.

Heiko Schindler (YP00c) - another one who appeared sporadically off the bench but when he did he was quite good! Chipped in with a few assists and generally made good use of his time on the pitch.

Ilias Argitis (YP01a) - looks quite good but lacks alot mentally and is possibly quite injury prone, will maybe make it at the club but it will take some patience.

Nils Walter (YP00b) - developed into a really solid right back with some great physical attributes. Very good.

And of course the aforementioned two in our key players section.

Summary

[u]Season     Division     Position   Achievements[/u]

2015/16    3. Liga       11th          None
2016/17    3. Liga        6th          None
2017/18    3. Liga        6th          None
2018/19    3. Liga        2nd        Promoted

Liege%20logo_zpsfzz938o3.png

RFC Liege

2018/2019

Second Division - 12th

League Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Season:

Well we managed to stay quite comfortably in the league. Positional graph. We quickly dropped down to that 10th-12th area I kinda stayed there for the whole season. Per usual the performances were really inconsistent but that is a given since there is only one player in the squad who isn't a youth product. So the squad is ridiculously young.

Finances:

*Head in hands* I was afraid of this...1,2m pounds in the red. Nothing I can do about it really, the increased income from ticket sales and match days covered the increase in wages. My two biggest expense factors are however ground maintenance and match day expenses who soared compared to last season and really are responsible for those 1,2m pounds.

Upgrades:

No facility upgrades this season and I doubt we will see one in the foreseeable future.

Key players:

Sebastian Mazars (YP 02E) - A great all-rounder in the midfield area...can play as a ball winning, box-to-box or a advanced playmaker. Roles which I prefer in the midfield area.

Roman Santiago (YP 02B) - A properly good right back who just took off during the season. Might come close to Yacine Bonnet in ability. Touted as a potential decent pro-league right back!

Yacine Bonnet (YP 01A) - My golden boy is of course still a key player. Progressed nicely during the season and is slowly reaching 6 digits in value.

Youth intake

Not really happy with this years intake. I don't really look at those stars...the tend to be over-rated. Looking at the players they have fairly underwhelming attributes.

Esteban Bertrand YP 04B - A right winger with decent promice. Going straight to the first team squad.

Gennaro Maresca YP 04F - A goalkeeper of Italian descent with good mentality and some decent attributes. Will probably keep him in the U21 for now.

Mohammed Tran YP 04D - A decent left back. Will be learning his trade in the U21.

Pablo Gerard YP 04C - A left winger with decent dribbling and crossing skills. Could prove to be useful.

Patrick Durmont YP 04E - A ball winning midfielder with tecnical abilty. My personal pick of the bunch!

Season	      League	    Pos	     Cup	Europe	   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16	 Third Division A   6th	  4th round      n/a       Third period winners - playoff spot?
2016/17  Third Division A  13th   4th round      n/a       Nothing of note
2017/18  Third Division A   2nd   6th round      n/a       Promotion via playoffs!
2018/19  Second Division   12th   6th round      n/a       Nothing of note

Misc:

The board announced that the team would be heading for a training camp in the December break. Dubai? Abu Dhabi? Sunny Portugal? no...in Liege!. And it cost 40k...precious pounds we couldn't afford.

KV Kortrijk offered me job interview. Which I declined :)

Goals for this season:

Survive - A great success!

Goals for next season:

-Top half finish

Logo.jpg

FC KAMAZ Naberezhnye Chelny

2020/2021: 2nd in the First Division, Promoted, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

Table | Results | Statistics | Transfers | Youth Intake (mostly, missed the screen, recreated by filtering)

Onward and upward. 12 games without a loss, with 8 straight shutouts. Promoted to the Premier League. No Manager or Player of the Year; our only accolade was the the goal of the year, a lob from Ovechkin behind the half-way line.

We started the season with our star striker Volkov sold, then the Premier League squads convinced D© Y1a Korotaev he had to leave. At least we had M(RC)/AM(RC) Y1b R. Andreev, M©/AM(RLC) Y1d V. Andreev and GK Y1c Nazarov to lead us.

D© Y3a Berezutskiy improved quickly after taking over from Korotaev, and D(RLC) Y2c Zaitsev proved to such a capable backup that D(RL) Lavrov was sent at his maximum value at the season's end. D(RLC) Y2a Saveljev and D© Y0h Abdulkhakov are inadequate backups and D® Y3b Khadartsev not very versatile to be of much assistance.

M© Y2b Vintov, AM® Y2e Kalinin and surprise player of the year candidate AM(RLC) Y2g Rahid Cheremisin took over roles in the midfield with the Andreevs. Kalinin saw huge gains from training, followed by interest from big clubs. With two or three others on the depth chart, he was allowed to go after the first sign of discontent, however, just as long as he was willing to finish the season with us.

However, to our surprise, in addition to those two or three young wingers, Kalinin's greatest challenger happened to be the 30-year veteran AM(RL) Pavel Sotnikov whose 16 assists led the team and ranked among the top five in the league. Not bad for a guy who only started 18 games and substituted 14 other times. His 9 goals were also tied for second on the team with Ovechkin and behind Sapozhkov, the other half of veteran striking platoon. Heading into the season, I really doubted the decision to sell Volkov, but Sotnikov really provided the offensive punch.

We add to our embarrassment of riches in attacking midfielders. (Odd we get 1-2 future star AM©s each year, but the center midfielders have come in ready now and very limited in potential - 1-1/2 current, 3 potential.)

AM©/ST Y5a Ruslan Mikhalov (Pavel's little brother or cousin? Or is that Y5f Ramil Mikhailov?)

M©/AM© Y5b Igor Gordeev

Y5c Evgeny Zakharchuk

Seasonal Summary:

2015: Started challenge

2015/2016: 15th in the First Division, Fourth Round in the Russian Cup

2016/2017: 13th in the First Division, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

2017/2018: 10th in the First Division, Quarter-Final in the Russian Cup

2018/2019: 5th in the First Division, Sixth Round in the Russian Cup

2020/2021: 2nd in the First Division, Promoted, Fifth Round in the Russian Cup

Nantwich Town - 2015/16 - Vanarama Conference North

xSbQGyX.png

'The Dabbers'

Media prediction: 22nd

Board expectations: Battle bravely against relegation

Transfers

Personal Information

Manager Profile

The Lowdown..

I had a poor attempt in France recently which ended in a sacking in the first few months, and I’ve attempted this with Nantwich before only to be routed bottom of the table in season two without a snowball’s chance in hell.. But with the new patch comes renewed optimism and a new approach, so let’s see how long things last this time.

Why Nantwich? Because that’s where a bunch of my family is from. It’s a nice little town, not a lot happens there and I’ve actually been to the Weaver Stadium myself. I reloaded a few times to get the team that I wanted.

Squad Overview

I joined Nantwich with a reasonable looking squad. I managed to renew most of the expiring contracts, and set about a pretty simple tactical approach which will hopefully work in the lower leagues.

Having a squad of around 26 players will be a struggle, not least because some of those 26 are only 15! But hopefully we’ll put up enough of a fight to survive and then push on further down the line. It’s also worth noting that I only have 3 recognised central defenders in the squad… I fear that this means I’ll be pretty exposed at the back, particularly as the season progresses.

In previous attempts at this challenge I’ve been in a rush to clear out my existing players. I won’t be doing that this time as I’ve not even been promoted once when trying this out.. So I’ll be looking to cling on to my players for as long as I reasonably can, provided that finances allow.

The Season so far

Pre-season went well, and I've so far recorded a 0-0 and a 2-2 draw in my opening two games.

Season Targets

1. Stay clear of relegation

2. Discover a decent central defender in the youth intake

3. Discover a decent striker in the youth intake

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 14 Review (2028)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions - (Results - First Half - Second Half)

Premier Division 2028: 3rd

Swedish Cup - 2027-28: Runner-Up!

Europa Cup - 2028-29: Group Stages (3rd)

Swedish Cup - 2028-29: progressed to group stages next season

Season Review

Stretched to the limit!

The first half of the season went very nicely. In the league we finished it in 3rd place, after losing the last game before the mid-season break 3-4 to runaway leaders Malmo and the previous game 1-2 to fellow member of the new Swedish 'big 3' Djurgargen (along with ourselves and Malmo). Before that we had won 8, drew 3 and lost 0 league games. In the Swedish Cup we made our way to our 3rd straight final and looked for our 3rd straight Cup win. Sadly that did not happen this year, as Djurgarden outplayed us in the final, and only a last minute consolation goal for us made the scoreline of 2-1 look like a close game. It wasn't.

The second half of the league season was a constant struggle, against not just our opponents, but also our fixture list and our injury list as well.

We began with 1st Qualifying Round action in the Europa Cup and proved that our nations co-efficient is too low. An 11-0 1st leg win at home against tiny Ordino of tiny Andorra set all kinds of records. In the 2nd Qual Rnd we drew a much tougher opponent in AEK of Greece. A 1-0 home win and then a 2-2 away draw saw us through. 3rd Qual Rnd gave us Norweigan opponents in Viking and we struggled. Another 1-0 home win set us up nicely, but away from home we had a bad game. A 2-1 loss saw us progress only via the away goals rule. This set up another Norweigan opponent in the playoff round, Rosenborg. This time we made no mistakes and 2 quality performances (3-1 away and 4-0 at home) saw us qualify for our first ever European group stages.

We were treated to one of the kinder draws, although we were still the favorites for last place in the group. Olympiakos, Dnipro and Braga. We finished 3rd in the group, after 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses. The appearance and win money of roughly 1.3m was a huge boost for us. In the league we had struggles, mainly due to injuries from our increased game count, and also from having to play 2 league games and a Europa Cup game in the same week on several occasions.

Eventually it came down to the last games of the season, which we managed to win both 1-0 and we snuck into the 3rd and final European qualification spot.

We matched last seasons postion (3rd), but everything else fell off this year (points, goals, goal difference), which was not entirely unexpected due to our extra games (10 Europa Cup games in the 2nd half of the season alone).

Youth Intake

A nice intake, although I feel that the top two are our only main candidates for first team action in the long run.

Mikael Borjesson (YP 14A) - I really like the look of this kid. His passing stands out as an excellent starting point, but he also has really good determination, teamwork, work rate, natural fitness and stamina. I will try and work on his more defensive areas and if successful then we will have a very well rounded central midfielder on our hands. Additionally, he is consistent and enjoys big matches.

Peter Mellberg (YP 14B) - A very tall, very limited technically central defender. What he does, he does well, I will just need to be mindful to not ask him to perform anything other than stopping opponents forwards. Breaking the mold from the last couple of intakes, Peter is also consistent and enjoys big matches.

Tobias Fredriksson (YP 14C) - This intakes high potential goalkeeper, however he is inconsistent and injury prone.

Magnus Sahlin (YP 14D) - An interesting midfielder. Again, very nice starting passing. Finishing is his main concern, especially if he gets starts at AMC, but he has chances. Inconsistent.

"Frolunda Five" - 2028 Edition

Andre Holgersson (YP 09C) - Andre had a very productive and versatile year for us. 27 appearances at AMC and 10 at FC, which yielded 15 goals and 14 assists

Magnus Ohlin (YP 11A) - Magnus took advantage of our injury problems this year and played well in an attacking central midfield role. He scored and assisted 7 times apiece, although he was often guilty of wasting chances.

Simon Jones (YP 09B) - Simon is now without doubt our main defender and rock. While Joakim Lagemyr (YP 06A) has grown into our new captain, Simon is consistently the better central defender of the two. Chipping in with vital set pieces goals as well, 6 in total this year.

Karl Storm (YP 11D) - Karl continued to grow this year, locking down one of the central midfield roles (outside of the necessary rotation).

Jonas Jensen (YP 10C) - Our surprise entrant on the list this year, Jonas gained a lot of game time due to the rotation policy and him forcing his way in. Out on loan last season, Jonas is now our 3rd DC, which gains him a lot of time due to rotation and Joakim Lagemyr (YP 06A) also playing at DR from time to time.

Hard to keep the list to 5 this year!

Miscellaneous

With the increase income this year from our European run, I was able to fund improvements off the field. Very happy with our facilities now being rated as Exceptional for Junior Coaching and Established for Youth Recruitment.

The fixture madness this year almost cost us a spot in Europe next year. Hopefully this is something we will not have to deal with for too much longer, as Swedish clubs have started performing better in Europe and should lead to improvements in our qualifying places and starting rounds. As well as our Europa Group stage appearance, Malmo made it to the Champions League group stages and finished 3rd to qualify for the Europa First Rnd KO stage. Djurgarden also did well, before falling at the Europa Playoff round.

Season 14 (2028) Targets

* Match or improve on last seasons league position (3rd) - Achieved

* Match or improve on last seasons league points (62) - Failed

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals scored (60) - Failed

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals conceded (32) - Failed

* Match or improve on last seasons league goal difference (+28) - Failed

Season 15 (2029) Goals

* Match or improve on last seasons league position (3rd)

* Match or improve on last seasons league points (56)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals scored (58)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goals conceded (34)

* Match or improve on last seasons league goal difference (+24)

The Journey So Far...

Season 01 - 2015 - Second Division (West Gotaland) (1st - Champions)

Season 02 - 2016 - First Division South (10th)

Season 03 - 2017 - First Division South (2nd - Playoff Winners)

Season 04 - 2018 - First Division Elite (13th - relegation playoff winners)

Season 05 - 2019 - First Division Elite (8th)

Season 06 - 2020 - First Division Elite (11th)

Season 07 - 2021 - First Division Elite (8th)

Season 08 - 2022 - First Division Elite (1st - Champions)

Season 09 - 2023 - Premier Division (8th)

Season 10 - 2024 - Premier Division (8th)

Season 11 - 2025 - Premier Division (6th)

Season 12 - 2026 - Premier Division (5th)

Season 13 - 2027 - Premier Division (3rd)

usivry_zps999d9afc.png

Union Sportive Ivry Football

2024/2025

Ligue 1 - 2nd

Transfers | Finances | Squad | Past positions | Table

Season:

League - Distraction everywhere, and suddenly we are second!

This was a very weird season. The EL games and both cups made me rotate the squad a lot. I have no idea what my first team actualy is. I was so distracted with the "everyday" rotation that i did not pay attention to the league and our position in it. I literally took it a game at a time. I concentrated more on the EL games. The other top teams struggled (except PSG) and i was able to keep us in the 4th spot for most of the year. Going into the last game i was 4th with a possible 2nd place finish if both Monaco and OL lose and i win. And they did! And i won! :) Very unexpected 2nd place finish and automatic Champions league group qualification!

French cup - 11th rnd

Nothing special here. Poor performance against USBCO when we had to play them, semi finals of the cdl ligue and a league game in one week.

Coupe de la Ligue - Finals

Great run here. Started off with a crazy game against FC Sochaux. We were 5-0 up and in the second half they managed to score 4! The squad was mostly u19 lads and my 16yr old keeper conceded 3 goals from 20m. The run after that was quite lucky, i used a very inexperienced players in this cup and was lucky in both games. In the finals its always PSG but this time we put up a good performance. Went up early on and held our lead. Again we could not finish the chances we had from the counters and they equalized later in the second half. In the extra time we did not have the condition to compete with them anymore and i was hoping for penalties. Close but no cigar. Conceded from a corner. Zivkovic is now in double digits with goals against us for sure. :(

Europa league - Semi finals

Great run also in the EL. After the first 4 group games where we beat Legia, dominated both games against Stuttgart and were unlucky not to get a point against Fiorentina i started to think we can do something here. I concentrated more on the EL games than the league. Finished second with 12 points. First knockout was Vitoria Guimaraes which was a comfortable draw. But right after them we drew Arsenal and i thought its over. First leg at home and we played great. Excellent defense, Arsenal had plenty of shots but mostly all long shots. Mollica finished from 5 yards after a good passing play. We held the lead and in London we went behind early but after two counters we were suddenly ahead. Arsenal had to score 3 now! They got one back but that was it! The dream was on again. Next round with Zenit was a bit lucky since we should have lost our first game at home but somehow we won 2-1 with Mollica grabbing both goals again. Away it was much more relaxed. Zenit could not break us and only scored from a corner.

We were in the semis! I tought PSV was a great draw but the first game away was very hard. They pressed us very aggressively and we could not create anything. Very poor performance, lost 0-1. At home it was a bit better, we scored from a free kick early on but still i could not get any joy afterwards. Very few chances. In the 1st half stoppage time they conceded a penalty and we were 2-0 up! Since we were hard to break so far in the EL i went back to my patient approach for the second half. A lapse of concentration or something but they got one back almost immediately. Lost on away goals since we could not create any good chances for the rest of the game.

YOUTH INTAKE

12 potential 5* players! I Tagged only the best of them.

Younes Farhan YP25a - ST - wow, this guy already looks almost better than Romero. He will be in the first team next year. The only problem i see is he is fairly selfish and not a team player, which can be a problem since i play a striker that needs to work for the team.

Sylvain Boucher YP25b - DC - i like how this guys looks. Will go straight into the first team and back up my 1st team centre backs.

Taoule Diepkile YP25c - AML -a bit slow for a winger but if he improves a bit he can be a good inside forward.

Maximilien Coulon YP25d - DM/MC - very good looking DMC, great personality, i will use him in the rotation next year.

Asafa Begue YP25e - ST - still no good striker emerged from my u19. He will get his chance.

season	year	league		pos	GF	GA	GD	cup		europe		achievement
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.	15/16	National	18th	45	56	-11	10th		N/A		relegated
2.	16/17	CFA-A           1st	51	23	+28	11th		N/A		promoted
3.	17/18	National        6th	59	48	+11	1/4f		N/A		N/A
4.	18/19	National        5th	60	50	+10	9th		N/A		N/A
5.	19/20	National        1st	64	27	+37	1/4f		N/A		promoted, MotY
6.	20/21	Ligue 2         7th	62	63	-1	1/4f		N/A		N/A
7.	21/22	Ligue 2         3rd	66	50	+16	9th		N/A		promoted
8.	22/23	Ligue 1         12th	47	54	-7	1/4f		N/A		N/A
9.	23/24	Ligue 1         5th	50	39	+11	winners		N/A		French cup winners, EL qual, MotY
10.	24/25	Ligue 1         2nd	66	47	+19	11th		EL semis	cdl ligue finalist, CL qual, EL semis

Misc:

- We were voted again best club in Ligue 1.

- I won the MotY.

- Improved a bit against Monaco and PSG (i lost once 1-5 to Monaco but that was directly after the patch)

- I will write a separate post on how some of my players have improved

- I don't know how long will it take to knock PSG off the throne, or if it's even possible. I am starting to feel my drive is waning away.

GOALS from previous season:

- be competitive in EL - semi finals, success

- qualify for Europe again - CL qualification, success

GOALS for next season:

- be competitive in CL.

- trim the squad. I have to get rid of some of the "older" YP tags that were my core but now are not good enough anymore

Archived