ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

Good luck Twellman24, don't know what the prize money is in Spain (tbh it can't be much worse than Portugal :)).

EDIT: Just looked at your club info, is it a problem that your club is already valued more than mine?

Hi Gato,

In terms of prize money, there isn't any in Spain other than for TV rights.

In terms of the club's value, yes, it is a problem, but as far as I see it, just for me--the club is asking me a mid table finish.

That being said, I will come back here in a few hours after I finish work and see what you all have to say about this--if you don't think Castellon is a candidate just let me know.

T24

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Twellman24, Castellon is a candidate but you will get a lot of pressure of the board. That is what I noticed last year in my attempt with them. But it is a good challenge.

Jealous of you guys continuing with the challenge while I'm stuck waiting for my Laptop to be fixed. My old one is so slow and I don't have access to my Dulwich Hamlet save :(

Fantastic progress all round. Gato it's going great in Portugal and ManU you are obliterating Sweden! Mr Rosler you are getting there, slowly and surely. Sometimes it can take a while to get out of the conference leagues so keep at it and it will come.

Welcome to the challenge Twellman and best of luck Bartrcm in your new destination of France.

Keep the updates coming guys, im enjoying the read.

AS Beauvais Oise - National - Season 2015-2016

Predicted: 15th

Actual finish: 3th and Promotion!!!!! but look how tide it was.

What a season. Started very well with 7 points out of our first 3 games. But how good the season started how awful we were in the next games. We only managed to get 3 more wins in the first half of the season. That left us in 12th position. But I don't know what happened in the second half of the season. We won't lose another game. Just incredible. We steadily climbed up in the league. The third last game was against Paris FC. We were 5th and they were 3th, 4 points ahead of us. Only a win would keep us in promotion battle. And we played incredible. We won the game 2-1, but we should have won with a bigger margin. After this game we were still in 5th position, but only 1 point behind Paris FC and Nancy. The next game was at home against Nancy. Again a game we need to win, and we did. 2-0 was the result, with great football. Paris FC lost, so we were finally at a promotion spot, with everything in our own hands. We were 2 points ahaead of Paris FC and Nancy. A simple win against struggling Epinal and we would promote to League 2. But I think the players couldn't handle the pressure. Epinal took very early the lead and had chance after chance, but luckily for us couldn't score that vital second goal. So were 1-0 behind at half time. Knowing that Paris FC and Nancy were winning very easily, I thought we should score at least 2 times (forgot to check the head to head results before this game). In the second half we played very attacking football, but couldn't score. 7 minutes before time we finally made it 1-1, leaving the 3 teams at 60 points. We couldn't score the goal that would secure promotion. So after the final whistle I still didn't know if we gain promotion. A couple seconds later I checked the final table, and saw that we stayed in 3th position and grabbed the last promotion spot. What a game. Also our late goal meaned that Epinal relegated. Joy and happiness at the same pitch.

Games

Cup: Very good cup run, due to the fact we were very Lucky at the draws. Kicked out in the 11th round by League 1 team Nice.

Youth intake: 3 players tagged

Allan Tanguy (YP1a): AML player. Can get some playing time due to the fact that our second bast player in this position is getting to old.

Edouard Rossi (YP1b): Very welcome MC, will get some playing time next season because we don't have any back-up at this position.

Eliot Cardon (YP1c): DC. Will need him when we have a injury crisis.

Tranfers: None

Finance: Terrible. I hope that the money is good in League 2. No chance of upgarding anything at the moment.

Goals next season:

Survive!!!!

Uhm what do I do if this ends up coming across??

Nothing, just hope that, after the take-over, you can stay on board. Happend to me last year with Castellon also. Get some results and I think you won't have any problems.

This feels so good:

A new main Jersey Sponsor: 1.2M per year

Additional new Jersey Sponsor: 750k per year

Overall new sponsorship money is 1.9M, 1.15M more than last year.

Junior coaching is "exceptional"

Youth Recruitment is "above average"

Hoping that money will finally finance my first Youth facility upgrade

Update will probably come tomorrow :)

EDIT: Anyone know what to do with their transfer budget on this challenge? I have around 2M in my transfer budget and plenty of wage budget as well. Is there anything to do with that money other than set bonuses to High?

Gato - I've put mine into the wage budget for now, but if/when your wage budget hours through the roof wage demands can get excessive.

Tremendous first season, Bartrcm! A great start to life in France!

Welcome aboard, Mand312!

I'm looking forward to the CL qualifiers this evening...first attempt for di gule on my watch!

Welcome aboard

Well, this is akward...

The takeover has been finalized and we have our new owner.

It's Florentino Perez.

I think I'm in trouble. This happened after Real Madrid legend Emilio Butragueño took over Real and Florentino stepped down. Apparently he thought Castellon would be the nest natural step in his investing career (sure) so here he is. He's put an odd 1.5m in the bank so now we have 2m, which is nice, but he's also let me know that he's thinking whether to fire me or not.

Castellon's 6th place after 14 matches and my great wages management has my job security as "Untouchable," so we'll see if it really is. I'll keep you updated.

T24

Edit: AAAND I'm safe!!! Florentino said he was impresed with the support by players and fans in such a short stint at the club so I'm staying for a bit :D

Florentino and I to infinity and beyond!!!

smp20 - can't wait for you to be playing again, you've got some Europe league action going if I recall correctly?

I was ready to update another season just before the laptop broke. Fingers crossed I didn't lose any of the save, or the save altogether. Don't want to spoil the update, but yes we qualified for European football ;)

Excellent on the club development front for you - those top class regens should start flying through.-

Bartrcm - great first season there. Good luck in Ligue 2.

Twellman - good start to the season and thank goodness you survived the takeover.

Mand312 - welcome to the challenge - Saturn looks like an interesting place to go.

Gato - I've put mine into the wage budget for now, but if/when your wage budget hours through the roof wage demands can get excessive.

Yes you have to be careful about putting it all into wages. If the players know you've got a big wage budget, they will want ridiculous wages. I'm trying to keep my players on low wages - I'm a stingy git because I can afford to pay them a lot more!

The funny thing about the takeover is that I thought it would mean upgrading my "normal" youth facilities, I get told by Florentino that we just don't have the money. Looking at the projections for the next three years, it looks like we'll go from 2m euro in the bank to in the red by spending money fore nothing.

Having a 16k stadium in Segunda B is expensive :/

T24

Edit: I leveraged my "untouchable" status (76% board confidence) to ask for a new contract since it ended in six months, and after trying to renegotiate their one year extension to two, they rejected any negotiations and now I'm wondering what's going to happen.

Between this and Florentino being my boss (I don't want this guy to start signing players for me) I wonder if I'd be better off starting somewhere else. I'll tough it out this year and see what happens.

Twellman, if you do a good job they will renew your contract. On more than one occasion in my save I've got into the last week of my contract and always got it renewed. I like to negotiate/bully the board into developing better facilities. Of course they will only be able to do this when they have money. The Spanish lower leagues are notorious for losing money unfortunately. Its definitely a challenging country!

Real-SC.png

Real SC

2022-2023

Table | Transfers | Finances | Youth Intake

Wasn't expecting much fireworks in our first season in the top league. We never were close to getting relegated and sat in the mid table range all season. Our finances are looking healthy for once with balance sitting around 2M (TV rights). We probably could have finished better, but Paulo Sousa and Paulo Pina both had long term injuries throughout the year. Also, somehow Rodolfo Teles was our only attacking player not to get injured and scored himself a league-leading 25 goals in 34 appearances. Even with the money we have in the bank, until the loans are paid out, the board won't realistically upgrade any facilities.

Useless facts:

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar was won by Italy who beat Brazil 3-1 in the final

Since I started this save, the Champions league has been won by a Spanish team (Barca, RM, Atletico) 8/10 times!! A Spanish team has also been runners up 5/10 times. This has led to 4/10 UCL finals being all Spanish.

Tagged Youth

For the first time in a few seasons we have more than 1 or 2 guys tagged. Also now 3/4 of our squad has the surname (or first name) Sousa, Silva, or Paulo.

Manuel Sousa (08a)

Bruno Paulo (08b)

Pedro Pedroso (08c)

Nélio Silva (08d)

Season                         Division                                      Position    Taça de Portugal    League Cup     Europe        Achievements
2014/15    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Portuguese National Championship (First Stage, Promotion Stage)   1st, 6th       3rd Round           N/A          N/A              N/A
2016/17    Portuguese National Championship (First Stage, Promotion Stage)   1st, 8th       2nd Round           N/A          N/A              N/A
2017/18    Portuguese National Championship (First Stage, Promotion Stage)   2nd, 2nd       2nd Round           N/A          N/A           Promotion
2018/19    Portuguese Second League                                          7th            3rd Round        Group Stages    N/A              N/A
2019/20    Portuguese Second League                                          3rd            Semi-finals       2nd Phase      N/A              N/A
2020/21    Portuguese Second League                                          4th            3rd Round         2nd Phase      N/A              N/A
2021/22    Portuguese Second League                                          2nd            1st Round        Group Stages    N/A           Promotion
2022/23    Portuguese Premier League                                         14th           4th Round        Third Phase     N/A              N/A

TZr3bTQ.png

Ok, time for an update.

End of season 6.

NTRtXdL.jpg

Made play offs but lost to Boreham Wood over 2 legs somewhat unluckily.

End of season 7.

D9VSAQ9.jpg

AT LAST!

Went into the play-offs in truly awful form, again faced Boreham Wood, managed a 2-0 win at home surviving a 2nd half onslaught from them, away match we were on fire and won 5-2.

Met Bath in the final, at their place which is harsh, we conceded a penalty in 19 seconds which they scored, thought that was that but we exploded and were 4-1 up at half time. Although they got one back could actually relax and enjoy the 2nd half.

Huge relief getting out of the conference south, same situation in the conference with only 1 automatic promotion place but a step nearer.

No real superstars but some solid performers who have come out of the academy.

ADUCWhN.jpg

Rated my best player,19 but already 166 league appearances for me. Solid, if unspectacular improvements over that time.

o0spN60.jpg

42 goals and 38 assists in 100 league games for me, excellent return playing as support striker for me.

b7JAL4C.jpg

My Captain, 25 goals and 32 assists in 111 games from right midfield.

All academy products, only producing run of the mill players at the moment, no potential to be better than what i already have.

Need some upgrades, been profitable and have £300k in the bank but not enough for the board to make investments yet.

Gonna take a risk i think and clear out some of my 1st teamers who aren't getting better and bring some youngsters into the 1st team.

Congrats on promotion Mr U Rosler! My only suggestion is to try and keep your original players in positions without a lot of depth. From my experiences I've tried clearing originals and have ended up playing GKs in some interesting positions. My last original player has finally run out his contract in 2023.

Castellon SAD - 14/15 Season - Year 1

Our first year in charge at Castellon developed pretty well. We managed to stay in the middle of the pack for most of the season, which even though was what the board expected, still meant they were in love with me and offered me a second contract until next season. Besides a dreaded slump in January, we were pretty consistent. For Castellon's fans, beating Villarreal B in the 36 weeks to send them to the Third Division I'm sure felt pretty great.

Table - Stats 1 - Stats 2 - Transfers - Finances

We have a pretty young team, and the likes of Salva, Lois and Monterde are enough to keep us in the Spanish third tier. Now let's hope the youth products start trickling in and we can do a bit more. We don't really have a great striker so we'll have to make do.

Youth - Class of YP01

Carlitos - DR - PRetty decent right back in a few years I think. With nothing in play, I started him the last month of the season and he did not disappoint.

Contreras - ST - Decent, nice speed and some mental stats, still needs to develop lots.

Isma - RM/RL - Very dynamic, but still very young. I just brought him up to make squad.

Neminho - AML - The star of this year's youth products. He started in his first matched and scored two goals. Lots of talent and he's Brazilian on top of everything!!! Expecting great things from this 15 year old.

Vergell - GK - Young third GK.

Year 1 Summary - Great first year, and now we build.

Goals Year 2 - Keep mid table if possible, star Neminho and give other YP as many minutes as possible.

T24

Started this challenge with the mighty Blyth Spartans. Will do a proper update soon. Anyone got a template or something for the season summary? Really have no clue how to put it all up.

Cheers!

What I did was click reply with quote, delete the quote stuff and copy an earlier persons layout :p.

My suggestions would be to have a:

club badge (if you can)

year you're in

transfers (to prove you haven't signed anyone)

finances (if you want)

youth intake w/ profile for each "tagged" player (this is kind of a must for this challenge)

league table

cups (if you want to)

and a bit of explanation on how the season went, goals for next year, etc.

Welcome to the challenge, Vintage06!

Definitely a solid 1st season, Twellman. Knocking off a rival is truly a wonderful feeling.

Congrats on the promotion, Mr U Rosler! May the road rise to meet you in the next campaign!

Solid season of consolidation, Gato! That has to feel good after your struggles to get out of the 3rd tier!

Update coming from me later this evening...2 matches left, then have to write it up and upload screenshots!

IFK Malmö

wylEiAW.png

2019 Review

Allsvenkan

Just Because You Shot Jesse James, Don’t Make You Jesse James

Rise too far too fast and you’re bound to pay a price. That was the lesson in 2019. The question was how big a price, if any, we'd have to pay.

The off- and pre-seasons were filled with promise. As defending champions, we signed bumper commercial deals and sold more than 5,400 season tickets, with our eyes fixed firmly on strengthening our grip on Swedish football. If only it were that easy. The punters certainly didn't see it happening.

A traditionally strong start to the season followed, as we went into the June break undefeated in the Allsvenskan (8 wins, 4 draws). We also brought home the Swedish Cup in May after an epic 4-3 win over Helsingborg in the semis and thumping Elfsborg 5-1 in the final. There were signs of potential trouble, though.

Given our rise in stature/reputation, teams were playing much more defensively against us and occasionally parking multiple buses in front of goal. The problem being that we weren’t breaking them down with much consistency. This problem spun nearly out of control in July and August when, after the break, we posted 2 a mere league wins (2 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses). If and when teams played us straight up, we would thrive. Pack the box, sit back and defend? The day grew long and boring.

The Champions League qualifying rounds began in mid-July, which compounded the tactical problem. We just don’t have the depth to compete on 2 fronts simultaneously. I decided to focus the efforts of my 1st XI on Europe – the idea being to secure funds and hope that our 2nd XI could support our efforts domestically.

It didn’t work quite as well as I had planned. Domestically, we continued to struggle, with 1 win in 4 matches in September (1 draw, 2 losses). A tactical reboot seemed necessary. So, I added a more aggressive version of our Asymmetrical 4-4-2 to the mix as our 3rd preset tactic to be used for long periods of time against weaker teams (or teams packing the box), tweaked it and tweaked it some more. At the of September, things were looking bleak – we’d dropped all the way to 4th. But there was a silver lining – 8 goals in three matches (1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss). As the domestic calendar drew to a close in September, we were 9 points behind league-leading AIK, 7 back from newly-promoted Degefors, and 1 off Helsingborg. But, due to European competition, we had 2 games in hand. To catch up, we would need to start scoring goals and breaking down stubborn opposition. Our 2nd XI would also have to step it up.

Meanwhile, in Europe...swashbuckling, attacking football was never the goal. Instead, my goal was to win a few matches and earn some cold, hard cash to put towards our facilities. We drew and easily dispatched Finnish champions HJK in the 2nd qualifying round 4-0 (agg). The inability to utilize our terraces meant that capacity at Malmö Stadion was reduced to 15,000, but the gate receipts were nevertheless impressive as bandwagon jumpers climbed aboard for the ride.

I hoped to avoid major opposition in the 3rd qualifying round…not to happen. We drew FC København, the 5-time reigning Danish champions. The away leg required a modest 17 mile journey. Insert trite "noisy neighbors" reference here. Truthfully, I’d rather have drawn less talented opposition.

The first leg (away) did not start well. Abdulkadir saw straight red in the 18th minute, leaving us a man down. A 32nd minute goal, followed by a 63rd minute penalty seemed to bury the tie. That being said, we’d handled ourselves relatively well, holding our own, creating a few chances, and not getting steamrolled. But, we would need a miracle in Malmö.

I decided to come out guns-blazing – go down in a blaze of glory. Much to my surprise, the early minutes were all ours, and Mattias Holgersson (17C) snatched a 4th minute goal (1-2, agg). The Danes fought back and, with an 18th minute equalizer (and all-important away goal), things seemed bleak (1-3, agg). We kept our foot on the gas, though, and were rewarded 7 minutes later as Erik Hagsell (15C) notched his first goal of the season (2-3 agg). Foot still firmly on the gas, a critical error from FC København saw them concede an own goal immediately after the half. 3-3 on aggregate, but losing on away goals. All we needed was another goal, if we could avoid conceding. In the 58th, Andreas Lindström (16D) struck to make it 4-1 on the night, 4-3 on aggregate. Even though I dialed things back, reverting to a “standard” mentality and changing our shape to a defense-minded 4-1-4-1, the Danes were done. We continued to dominate possession and held the lead. We were through.

We drew Red Bull Salzburg in the Champions Playoff Round, and dispatched them with ease. We dominated the home leg, but couldn’t hit the back of the net if our lives depended on it. Not surprisingly, they were sitting deep and letting us run the match. In Austria, though, they attacked and, with a more free-flowing match, an early goal for di gule paved the way for a 3-0 away win. The unthinkable was now reality. We were off to the Group Stages, and drew a brutal group – Manchester United, Valencia and Shakhtar.

Our first match in the Group Stage was home to Manchester United. My Manchester United. Talk about a dream. The reality, though is that this United has won 4 straight Premier League titles under Diego Simeone, in addition to the Champions League in 2016. To avoid complete and utter humiliation, we lined up in our typical formation, with no expectations whatsoever and an eye towards keeping the score close and hitting United on the break. What a joke. We were utterly annihilated on the pitch, but managed to keep the score a respectable 3-0. An identical approach away to Shakhtar saw us snatch a point in the Ukraine that we truly did not deserve.

Which brings us back to where we started. Early October, 4th in the League and falling rapidly behind our far more illustrious brethren in the Champions League. The fixtures calendar was looking dreadful, with 8 matches in the Allsvenskan and Champions League over a 21-day period. Something had to give.

The allure of the bright lights in Europe was strong. But, the reality was that if we focused too much on the Champions League we surely would not qualify for 2020, as only one team from Sweden qualifies each year. There was also the real possibility of falling out of the Europa League spots (2nd-4th) if things fell to pieces.

All of that being said, our squad is not capable of challenging on two fronts right now. Clearly. So, what’s the plan?

Focus on the Allsvenskan. Stay in Europe next year, and enjoy the ride for the remainder of this season.

We came out swinging away to Norrköping and battered them 6-2. A 2nd XI fought bravely at home against Valencia and even managed to snatch an injury-time consolation goal at the death, making the 2-1 loss look much better on paper than it actually was. We didn’t cover ourselves in glory by any stretch of the imagination, but it was an amazing result nevertheless. 3 straight wins in the Allsvenskan followed, including 6-pointers over AIK and Degerfors, left us top of the table going into the final 2 matches of the year. A rotated XI took the field in Valencia and did di gule proud, snatching 2 goals on the break and making the Spaniards sweat out a 3-2 victory. Again, the match was nowhere near as close as the scoreline suggests, but we can be extremely proud of the result. Domestically, we wrapped up the title at Malmö Stadion with an emphatic 3-1 win over Gefle, and a huge sigh of relief comes from all. The refocused strategy has worked. We’re back in the Champions League next season, and avoided the kind of results in Europe that could have wreaked havoc on morale during this critical time period.

2019 then closed at a more leisurely pace. The domestic calendar ended with the Swedish Super Cup against 3rd-place Degerfors. All credit to Degerfors, as they had been promoted from the Superettan at the end of 2018—emphasizing again the bizarre nature of Swedish football. However, we were well-rested and battered them, even though we played most of the 2nd half with 10 men after Dennis Johansson (15F) picked up his 2nd yellow. Again, our recent attacking adaptations seem to be working.

We closed the year in Europe. First, we traveled to the Theatre of Dreams and, much to my dismay, were promptly throttled. Fredrik Johansson (15A) had to come off injured in the 3rd minute, and Mattias Holgersson (17C) gave up a 5th minute penalty. Andreas Lindström (16D) snatched one in the 20th on the counter in our only real foray into the United half, but it went downhill from there. The 3-1 scoreline flattered us, as we were outshot 29-5. United simply couldn’t hit the target.

The year concluded with us hosting Shakhtar. Although a win would have put us into the Europa League knockout rounds, that was not in the cards. We attacked with reckless abandon and earned a 3-3 draw in a wild, wild match. Food for thought for next year, perhaps, given that our "go down in a blaze of glory" approach hasn't been all bad. Bon Jovi and Emilio Estevez would be proud, I'm sure. Regardless, it was a tremendous end to the year.

Other than what has been mentioned above, big highlights include the emergence of Zlatko Basic (17B) and Mattias Holgersson (17C). By mid-season they had established themselves in the 1st XI.

Our U19s were absolutely (and predictably) demolished in the UEFA Youth League: 1 draw and 5 losses, with a -12 GD.

Andreas Lindström (16D) was also the top goalscorer in the Allsvenskan, and Player of the Year. We continued to have youth international call-ups this year, too.

My youth intake was better this year, with 4 tagged players. Dennis Ohlander (19A), in particular, looks like a top quality prospect who will give me serious depth at CB. Damian Gancarczyk (19C) has some great potential, too, and I’m working to retrain him so that he can play all across my attacking line (AML, AMC and ST). Jörgen Selmer (19B) will give me depth in goal, and Jens Lindström (19D) is probably my 3rd best left back, right out of the gate. The rest were utter garbage!

Goals for next season: We’ve established the foundations for success. Top flight status, a massive first season in Europe and another to follow. Proceeds from our first campaign were promptly put towards our youth facilities and junior coaching budget, so we’re way ahead of schedule at this point.

More specifically, we need to continue building the squad – both a 1st and 2nd XI. I just don’t see how we can progress domestically or in Europe without that. We’ve also managed to fend off the few inquires received thus far, and haven’t had a player throw a fit for not being sold abroad. Knock on wood that this can continue.

Notwithstanding my intentions, I didn’t even begin trying to implement the 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3 DM Wide) system I initially set out to play. That’s on the back burner for a long time, at this juncture.

Squad | Table | League Overview | Fixtures | Swedish Cup | Champions League | Transfers | Youth Intake

Dennis Ohlander (19A) | Jörgen Selmer (19B) | Damian Gancarczyk (19C) | Jens Lindström (19D)

Malmö is YELLOW.

yr87C2z.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet 2023/24 Update

League Table ~ Domestic Cups ~ Facilities ~ Finances ~ Transfers

A much awaited update! We had an excellent 2nd season in the Premier League, finishing 6th and qualifying for Europa League football. Although we only managed 60 points compared to last seasons 62, we scored more goals/better GD and we were placed 2 positions higher. On top of our good performance in the league, we were able to add to our trophy cabinet by winning the Capital One Cup. It looks as though our stadium is going to be expanded to its ~27k capacity, but its a good size and our finances are lookiing great. Our youth setup is now up to Category 1 and we have a great setup which is starting to bring through some cracking prospects, some of whom are below.

Youth Intake

Gray 24A ~ Bicknell 24B ~ Sogbanmu 24C ~ Mason 24D ~ Riddle 24E ~ Addai 24F

An excellent intake where we have bolstered many areas of the squad. Gray looks set to become a key centre back, Bicknell gives us another decent option up top which we have needed for a while and Sogbanmu will become a solid Premier League right back with the right opportunities.

Key Performers

Ngoyi 19A ~ Allen 21A ~ Oseni 18A ~ Davess 17A ~ Carpenter 18B

Above are the profiles of our 5 key performers. Ngoyi had a top class season as our first choice deep lying forward, topping our scoring charts. Not only this, he has become a key player for the national team with 8 goals in 12 caps. George Allen had a very solid season for us in central midfield alongside Abdullahi Oseni; the pair of them have formed quite a partnership. Davess and Carpenter have been putting in solid performances at the back, we look a lot less shaky there than before. Ngoyi, Allen, Oseni and Davess have all broke into the England setup and they are all part of the 30 man preliminary Euro 2024 squad, fingers crossed they make the final cut and get game time.

Next season I am hoping to get into Europe again as well as performing well in the Europa League. I think it's going to be a few seasons until we are competing for titles and major trophies.

RsolIAF.png

First season in Conference following promotion.

3vWgECL.jpg

Could have got relegated on the last day of the season being only 2 points clear of relegation, a 3-0 away win removed that possibility.

Overall fairly happy, gambled a lot with my players in the close season, had goalkeeping dilemma with a young keeper improving in the youth team until he was 1.5 stars rated but with 5 star potential vs my established keeper who is 2.5 stars and 3 star potential. Went with the younger keeper all season, the weaker of the 2 but want him to develop as far as possible. He improved to 2.5 star CA whilst retaining 5 star potential.

Gave 2 young midfielders a lot of games as well as no one i had in midfield seemed to be improving, they made small gains but i got an excellent youth midfieler in my in take, played him at the end of the season, already gone from 2 star to 3 star rated over just 9 games, looks very promising.

hlb4PD8.jpg

Quick with good technique, flair, vision & passing..... should become an excellent creative force in midfield.

One thing that surprised and disappointed me was our average attendance DROPPED following PROMOTION from 720 to 640 average gate. Don't understand that.

The final 2 surviving members of my original team will be canned this off season purely on the grounds of wanting too much money, £700 a week each out of a £4,000 total wage budget is not something i will agree to.

Looking to push on, top 10 next season with a few players i expect to kick on and improve.

Excellent work, smp20! Your youth prospects look great, and you could not be more set financially! Glad your laptop is back in business.

I love the approach, Mr U Rosler -- that faith in youth will pay off as players continue to develop. I am coveting Griffin's technique...

xYPKuVg4.jpeg

Castellon SAD - 16/17 Season - Year 2

Second year in Castellon, the idea was to consolidate, and that we did--and beyond. We started okayish, and finished the second half of the season in a spectacular way, occupying playoff positions for a full 3-4 weeks before losing it in the last week. Not like we wanted to get promoted so early anyway (we'd gt KILLED in the 2nd division) so making it to 5th place was great.

The first year's youth products did amazingly well. GK Vergell started as third choice and after two months was the starting one--and he ain't coming down. 36 goals conceded in 29 matches at 16 years of age.

Neminho was AMAZING. Second goalscorer for the team and third assistant, and that's only starting 25 matches. We weren't planning on starting him so much, but a couple of injuries forced me to put him in and boy, he did not disappoint. Amazing technique and awareness to be in the right place at the right time, even scoring from set pieces a couple of times.

In terms of the finances, we're almost in the red, specially after investing an odd 1m in youth facilities. We're going downhill in this aspect but there's little we can do.

Table - Stats 1 - Stats 2 - Transfers - Finances

Youth - Class of YP02

Miranda - CM - This guy looks very promising. I'm having our key playmaker Lois tutoring and let's see what happens. Great physical stats, too.

Castillo - DR - He's much better than the first prospect we were playing, so he jumped directly into the starting 11.

Iosu Fernandez - GK - Yet another promising goalkeeper, which means we'll be having him as third choice and get rid of one o the non-youth ones.

Diego Peso - CB - We needed a CB and this guy comes to help. Good stats for how young he is. Hoping he develops as a third CB choice.

Year 2 Summary - Wonderful follow up to the first year, things are looking up.

Goals Year 3 - I really don't want a premature promotion but fighting in the playoffs would be fun.

T24

Real-SC.png

Real SC

2023-2024

Table | Transfers | Finances (3.3M will be gone as upgrades commence)| Youth Intake

Things are finally starting to look up for Real. Although we had to sell our player from last year's intake, making 3M off him financed a youth facilities upgrade (finally, but just look at his interests. It really pained me to let such a talent go). I'm actually suprised nobody has tried to buy our star (and club legend) Rodolfo Teles (01c) since he's been the top goalscorer in the league for 2 years running. In the league this year, we finished in a good position, well inside the top 10, but nowhere near the European places. It is going to be very hard to get into Europe since it means finishing better than Porto, Sporting, Benfica, and Braga; all who finished 20 points above everyone else. Also, I checked the 2nd division at the end of the year to see if the table was just as crazy still... The top 2 teams had 107 and 105 points respectively... So a decent intake this year and a respectable finish capped off a good year. I'm hoping the youth facilities work will pay off for next year as it will be finished before the next intake. European football seems to big a goal for next year, but I told my squad to aim for that next year and most of them were happy, so I don't know quite what to expect. i think next year might be time for another squad report.

Useless facts:

I reached my 400th game as coach...

Real Madrid won the Champions League... again...

Cédric was bought by Barcelona from Sporting for $40M and made 1 appearance for the 1st team before playing 4 seasons at their "B" team.... Great signing indeed...

Tagged Youth

I like a good German player as much as the next guy...

Andreas Hölscher (09a)

André Ferreira (09b)

Season                         Division                                      Position    Taça de Portugal    League Cup     Europe        Achievements
2014/15    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Portuguese National Championship (First Stage, Promotion Stage)   1st, 6th       3rd Round           N/A          N/A              N/A
2016/17    Portuguese National Championship (First Stage, Promotion Stage)   1st, 8th       2nd Round           N/A          N/A              N/A
2017/18    Portuguese National Championship (First Stage, Promotion Stage)   2nd, 2nd       2nd Round           N/A          N/A           Promotion
2018/19    Portuguese Second League                                          7th            3rd Round        Group Stages    N/A              N/A
2019/20    Portuguese Second League                                          3rd            Semi-finals       2nd Phase      N/A              N/A
2020/21    Portuguese Second League                                          4th            3rd Round         2nd Phase      N/A              N/A
2021/22    Portuguese Second League                                          2nd            1st Round        Group Stages    N/A           Promotion
2022/23    Portuguese Premier League                                         14th           4th Round        Third Phase     N/A              N/A
2023/24    Portuguese Premier League                                         7th            5th Round        Third Phase     N/A       Youth facilities upgrade

Great updates, Twellman and Gato! I love seeing youth step up like your players have, all the more so when there isn't interest from other clubs! I've had a few foreign clubs sniffing around mine (Kilmarnock, St. Gallen), but no one of a caliber that truly turns my players' heads. Domestically, we're at the top of the "reputation table" with our immediate neighbors Malmo FF, so no one is going to leave anytime soon for a domestic rival. The lack of interest from abroad has without question been huge, even if it is an issue I'll have to deal with at some point (like all of us).

I've been dreading the day that someone well and truly comes in for some of my key players! Knock on wood...it hasn't happened yet, which is shocking given how they've performed for me.

(The rational part of my brain recognizes that isn't how the transfer system works, in-game, but it still surprises me.)

You tease, Gato!

Good luck with the drunken FM'ing, smp20, that's always been a bad idea for me! Watch, you'll wake up tomorrow having signed a 38 year-old Messi on $450k/week with that huge budget of yours!

Congrats at making it into Europe smp20

Very nice European run ManUtd1.

Good progress Gato. I want to see your youth intake, must be incredible to get such a nice prospect.

Good season Mr. U Rosler.

Good first 2 seasons Twellman24. I think next season you will get up. And if you get promoted to early, you Always get better money, and much more experience, so if you get the chance to get up, don't hesitate and go for it. You won't regret it.

20rsqj7.jpg

I’ve had a few goes at this challenge without really documenting my progress. I’m going to stick at is this time and aim to stay active too.

I’ve chosen Scotland as it’s a country I haven’t seen anyone make major inroad into therefore I assume to be quite a challenge. Obviously there is no dilemma picking teams here as only one is promoted, so after a few reloads to make sure they actually won their playoff, we’re off to Cove Rangers.

Only 13 (thirteen!) players here with only one keeper and one winger. A narrow formation is required and that first youth intake can’t come quick enough.

Club Overview

A quick Google search tells me the club are based in the Cove Bay area of Aberdeen. They are also due to move into a shiny new stadium in 2016 however this is not including in the game. This isn’t a bad thing as it will allow me to build a new stadium when (if!) we start to move up the leagues with a higher capacity. Despite being formed in 1922 they remained an amateur club until 1985 when Cove joined the Highland League. They have been there ever since winning the league 4 times, most recently in 2013 (and 2015 in my game of course!) This means there is very little in the trophy room and it’s up to me to try and add to it. The most notable ex player is midfielder Paul Coutts, who is currently playing (poorly) for my beloved Sheffield United.

Looks like everyone's progressing nicely :) I'm into February of the 24/25 season....I didn't too bad while semi-drunk! I expect to update soon.

You tease, Gato!

Good luck with the drunken FM'ing, smp20, that's always been a bad idea for me! Watch, you'll wake up tomorrow having signed a 38 year-old Messi on $450k/week with that huge budget of yours!

Fortunately I didn't sign anyone and void the challenge. 40 year old Ronaldo is still class but 38 year old Messi has lost all his pace.

Archived