• Last Reply

St Neots Town FC

2019/20

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

Conference - 1st

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Overview

Not as comfortable a romp to the title as last season but after xmas it was pretty clear that we were going to win promotion. Despite this in the early stages of the season a few first teamers were asking for a meeting about our underacheivement. To be fair we'd have done better if we hadn't been ending every other game with 10 men.

We had a good run in the cups as well. Championship Millwall were knocked out at their ground in the third round. I was excited as we drew either Man U or Plymouth away from home in the 4th round. I was dreaming of trip to Old Trafford but against the odds we drew Plymouth. We went close to an upset having held the Championship sided to a 1-1 draw at their place we lead 2-0 before going down in a penalty shootout.

The team wasn't massively strengthened in pre-season. Instead following the success of Shaun Hill the previous season I brought in 3 promising youngsters from Premiership clubs. Carl Collins joined from Chelsea while Cristinel Nalatj and Mark Nutt had a loan spell last us last season and were signed permanently on their release. Neither was a regular while on loan but went straight into the first team this season. Non of the three players were much better than my existing squad but I gambled on their rapid improvement as players. Beyond these three the core of my squad is the team that walked to the Conference South last season. A few players will make the step up to League Two but I will need to significantly strengthen in the summer.

The Team

GK - Retained from the Conference South winning side. Consistent in net again.

WB - Pacy fullback had another good season.

CB

CB - Scottish centre-back on loan from Derby. Had a good season.

FB

RM - Well earnt a new contract towards the end of the season after a great second season with the club.

AP

DLP - Signed on a free from Chelsea. Very promising 21 year old midfielder.

W

AF - Stepped up a level to the Conference seemlessly. Scored 28 goals.

DLF - The big forward had an injury hit season but still scored 20 goals.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
16/17	Van N	12th	None	None	2ndRnd	None	None	1stRnd	None
17/18	Van N	2nd	None	None	3rdQual	None	None	1stRnd	None	Playoff Final Losers
18/19	Van N	1st	None	None	3rdRnd	None	None	4thRnd	None	Promoted
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	4thRnd	None	None	Semi F	None	Promoted

BadgeMaidstone_United.png

Maidstone United Football Club - Barclays Premier League - 2024/25

We had a very good 2nd season in the Premier League. We won our first 2 matches against good opponents which made me think we should hopefully survive easily. We performed very well all season mainly thanks to some brilliant new signings in the off season. They gelled together very quickly and we sat comfortably in the top half of the table for the majority of the season. In the end we finished only 5 points away from the Champions League spot but we never really challenged we just had a solid end of the season as they fell away slightly. We also won the FA Cup for the first time this season with a easy 5-1 win in the final versus Championship Bristol City.

League Table - 6th position is a great achievement. Hopefully we can maintain this over the coming seasons. Next season will be interesting with European competition to see if we can handle the increased fixtures.

Past Positions - Never dropped beneath 13th and we were rarely in the bottom half of the table. We held 6th for the majority of the 2nd half of the season.

Cups - I wanted to win the Capital One Cup so kept playing the full strength team until Man United knocked us out. We fell nicely through the FA Cup with nice fixtures. We beat a struggling Tottenham 3-1 before destroying Everton 7-0 at Goodison. Brentford were beaten 4-2 before our toughest tie in round 6 against Liverpool. a 2-1 win set up a semi-final against QPR who we struggled to get past. I expected Man City in the final who played Bristol City in the other semi but Bristol shocked them. A easy 5-1 win in the final gave our our first major piece of silverware.

Squad - I said last season it needed plenty of work. I think I improved massively the squad. Hopefully with the right additions we can survive with the added pressures of European football next season.

Transfers - Spent just short of £40m this season. Spent very wisely on 11 new players whilst releasing some bad players. Standout signings were easily Mier, Gonzalez and McGrath.

Finances - £21.31m in the bank despite spending big on transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

James McGrath - Signed in January and the right winger had a great start. Involved in 23 goals in 24 games.

Christian Gonzalez - A £6m signing from Atlas. 34 goals in 39 games in his debut season. Great season.

Oliver Mier - The 21 year old only cost me £6m and scored 19 goals and set up another 11. Has interest from larger teams.

Martin Cano - Another new signing. Tied to sign him last season but couldnt afford him so waited for this season. Well worth the wait.

Next Season

Another top half of the table finish would be brilliant. Will be tougher with European football to distract us but hopefully we can manage and maybe win the Europa League at the same time.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South              8th   
2016/17         Vanarama South              1st               Champions 
2017/18         Vanarama Conference         16th 
2018/19         Vanarama Conference         6th   
2019/20         Vanarama Conference         4th               Play off Winners
2020/21         Sky Bet League Two          1st               Champions
2021/22         Sky Bet League One          1st               Champions  
2022/23         Sky Bet Championship        1st               Champions  
2023/24         Barclays Premer League      10th
2024/25         Barclays Premier League      6th              FA Cup Winners

Andrew Haines - Well done on promotion, you look like you have a very strong squad and should do well in the conference, perhaps another promotion. It certainly is a lot stronger than my squad.

I had a good run in the FA Cup in my first season. I think this must have improved my reputation to allow me to bring in better players.

Certainly I have been able to recruit better players than my first go as St Neots (when I was sacked...).

Evertonblokes Bognor Regis Season 23/24

Was geared up for a long hard season. I set the team a target of 49 points after checking the minimum points that would have avoided relegation in the previous seasons. Turns out that was too hard a target to achieve!

After a decent start we hit the worst form EVER! 10 games, lost every single one of them! 9 of the 10 were league games too, so that's took me from my comfortable upper mid table start to the edge of oblivion in 20th spot.

I started to experiment, not the wholesale changes of previous season, but smaller ones, MCd became DMCd and the FBs because FBa, and not al at once either, just tiny changes to see how they would affect people. I also brought in some better rated players where I could, although they didn't add a great deal to be fair.

Things picked up nicely and I managed to pull away from the dropzone form was good, not enough to make me dream of the play offs again, but good enough to make me think we had a decent change to get a safe midtable slot.

Then it happened again! 8 games without a single point, I was panicking now, theres no way we could get away with playing like this, back down to 20th and running out of games in the season, 11 left to be exact.

We got a couple of wins and a bit of hope, then a loss, couple more wins, looking good, 46 points with 4 games to go, guess what? Yup, just enough time for one more losing streak!

We finished the season on 46 points, 3 short of my target, but luckily still 3 points above the poor damned souls who finished 21st and dropped back down into the hell of tier 6.

Of the few games we did look a lot like winning I probably have Christian Doidge to thank, a half decent striker I had at Canvey, who decided to trust me again and joined me at Bognor, he managed a pretty good tally of 17 goals, none of the other strikers I had could regularly hit the back of the net. Theres just one problem with my boy Doidge, hes taken offence at my tone when we were 3-0 down at half time at home to the bottom club and now doesn't want to sign a new deal! All because I hurt the little princesses ears telling them in no uncertain terms it wasn't good enough to be mauled at home to some cannon fodder!

Next season I would like to just stay up again, I don't think we have the personnel mount a challenge just yet, but I do have a couple of the better players on 2 year contracts from now so hoping to add to them this season with our higher reputation from surviving this season.

Summary:

15/16 Billericay - Conf South - 13th

16/17 Billericay - Conf South - 9th

17/18 Billericay - Conf South - 20th - Relegated and sacked

18/19 Margate - Conf South - 11th

19/20 Margate - Conf South - Sacked in October

20/21 Canvey Island - Conf South - 22nd - Relegated and sacked

21/22 Stamford - Conf North - 20th - Relegated and sacked

22/23 Bognor Regis - Conf South - 5th - Promoted via Play-offs

23/24 Bognor Regis - Conf Prem - 20th

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

2021/22

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season ok before a run of 12 matches without a win put the team into the relegation spots. My away form was particually poor, i realised my tactics were set to retain posession rather than direct, changing this helped kickstart my season. From about dec onwards the team steadily rose up the table.

In the cups the team reached the 1st rd of the FA cup where they lost 3-0 to L1 Portsmouth and lost in the 1st Rd of the FA trophy after a replay to Dagenham.

Finances improved as a result of improved attendances and the board putting in 70K at the start of the season, so that it finished at about 50K.

Also gained my first coaching certificate.

Defensively the team was poor, it was much worse after the patch came out. None of them really did well and there is a lack of goals as well from the defenders.

In central midfield, Stenning did well but the others were very consistant. Dunn was a big signing as a new DM but was generally disappointing.

On the wing Goodchild and Quintero were exceptional as the clubs top scorers, in fact Osman barely got a look in. Simmons (111 apps, 37 goals) was released as not up to the level needed.

Up front Brown was either injured or useless. Clark moaned about playing time at the start of the season and kept on all season even though he was playing.

Pryce did ok but struggled in a lot of games.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        12th       2nd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        17th       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        18th       1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        7th        4th Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2021/21        Conference North        5th        4th Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted
2021/22        Conference              9th        1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None

I can't resist Genie Scout so cheat & wont post updates but will say the Hereford chairman is **** with finances. I got his profile up & his attributes are stupidly low other than patience. I'm in League One & he has failed to find a parent club every year & I've only got a single sponsorship deal for about £50k p.a.

He's a made up person so I'm not sure others will be so unlucky as to have a dreadful chairman who loves the club so wont leave but it's really frustrating managing the finances to the level that I've had to just because basically he can't be arsed to get off his arse & set up deals which could bring in probably an extra £200k a year!

nFulrvT.jpg

Season 2 | 2016-17 | Conference North | 4th place (Promotion)

League table | Manager page | All competitions | Transfers

This year the Spartans played some of the best passing football in the division. While harsh winter conditions, bouncy Northern pitches and the departure of a young hero threatened to cut "Blythelona" off at the knees they were able to scrape their way into the Conference National - thanks largely to a wonderful last-minute volley from striker Lloyd Butler that crushed Telford's dreams.

Even getting into the playoffs was dramatic, as talismanic figure Dan Maguire was injured for about a month of very important matches. The club needed to keep it tight at the back, and it was during this spell that keeper Grant Smith from Hartlepool was able to really distinguish himself.

The playoffs marked Maguire's return and all caution seemed to have been thrown to the wind in an outrageous second leg at Southport, which finished 3-3 with a Maguire brace. Sweeney's header off a set piece in the home leg proved to be the difference, though Blyth were disappointed to only win that leg 1-0 when opposing defender Leigh Franks got himself sent off in the 20th minute for a high challenge. The final at Telford finished 2-1, with a tap-in from midfielder Gray and (of course) Butler's winner, which might be the most famous goal in Spartans history.

Jamie Penny played very well last year, but alongside a healthy David Atkinson and industrious ex-Hartlepool man Antony Sweeney he was able to score a wonderful ten goals from midfield - in only half a season. Penny was able to force through his dream move to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday (who wouldn't allow us to loan him back for the season), and while the supporters will miss him dearly the club was able to negotiate a 35% sell-on clause that could come into play later. Wednesday gave him one appearance as a substitute toward the end of the season. The £77k transfer fee allowed us to pay the wages of another long-time Football League midfielder - Simon Walton, one of the coolest heads in the division.

The Conference National is a big step up and from an objective standpoint, only a handful of the current squad have the quality required. David Atkinson, if he doesn't get injured again, can throw his brittle body around at people in defensive midfield. Sweeney and probably Walton will feature as well. The keeper will do a professional job and Maguire will surely score from a few balls over the top. Still, if Spartans can't turn professional, the manager is fearing the worst. The northeast doesn't provide a very large player pool, and it was hard enough to get Gateshead/Hartlepool reserves and Sunderland/Newcastle/Middlesbrough academy rejects promoted. Without key reinforcements, Blyth will likely have to abandon their passing style in favor of gutting out 0-0 draws against superior sides.

anybody help me out with set up here guys? trying to set the game up but "Isthmian League premier" doesnt show nor does "southern league premier division" or "northern premier league premier division"

Looks like the names have changed obviously,what is it i set up exactly?

anybody help me out with set up here guys? trying to set the game up but "Isthmian League premier" doesnt show nor does "southern league premier division" or "northern premier league premier division"

Looks like the names have changed obviously,what is it i set up exactly?

Tick the 3rd, 4th, and 5th divisions counting down after Vanarama North/South.

P7L63CV.jpg

I have been waiting a while to get my home team Maidstone United, hopefully this year will be the year for me to do well in the challenge and also for the boys to do it in real life

Good luck with it mate,what background pack is that out of interest?

Dulwich Hamlet - Sky Bet League 2 - 2023/24

League - in a season of ups and downs, we had a good finish and clinched promotion with a win on the last matchday.

FA Cup - we held on until we met a team two levels above.

Capital One Cup - we lost this as soon as the draw as done but I didn't mind as we brought in more than £500k in revenue.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Port Vale are one level above but our performance was poor.

Squad - we struggled a lot with injuries, but there was enough quality and versatility to carry on through those difficult periods.

Transfers - we brought in a handful of good players, and some loans to give us depth and cover for injuries.

Finances - the Liverpool match was crucial to keep things steady, as we lost more than £400k this season.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion

Next season

We have beaten some League 1 clubs in the cups before, and as long as we don't have an injury crisis or are unable to sign good player I think we can survive.

Hey fellas,

I need your advice. Right now, I'm in the championship but then my NON-FOOTBALL COSTS exceed even my PLAYER WAGES. I have no idea what to do, and I don't have enough money to improve my Stadium (5710 capacity). What should I do? Basically, if things don't change, the finances will be in the red by season's end.

Hey fellas,

I need your advice. Right now, I'm in the championship but then my NON-FOOTBALL COSTS exceed even my PLAYER WAGES. I have no idea what to do, and I don't have enough money to improve my Stadium (5710 capacity). What should I do? Basically, if things don't change, the finances will be in the red by season's end.

Try to make a focus for the next season or 2 on youth development as opposed to signing star players (if your not already obviously) Wage demands will be much lower. Sell 1 or two of your star players. Maybe speak with the players and ask them to reduce their wage demands. BTW what is the minimum capacity for Championship stadiums? SOrry not at my game right now

Anybody ever went Corby on this challenge? At the moment im pre season(first season) and struggling to recruit any sort of half decent player at all.Anyone any suggestions possibly? Finding this quite a test if im being honest :D

Try to make a focus for the next season or 2 on youth development as opposed to signing star players (if your not already obviously) Wage demands will be much lower. Sell 1 or two of your star players. Maybe speak with the players and ask them to reduce their wage demands. BTW what is the minimum capacity for Championship stadiums? SOrry not at my game right now

I haven't checked the minimum for Championship but for the Premier League, it's 12500 i believe. However, I have since been promoted and escaped relegation by a hair (17th place) in my first season. However, the TV deal in the Premier League has made my balance over 20M, and the chairman was nice enough to allow a new stadium to be built with 25,000 capacity (taking a 40M loan). Things are looking good on the finance side but still have a relegation battle ahead of me.

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

2022/23

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started this season great at home and terrible away, only 1 point from the first 8 away games and an average of 4 goals conceded. Turned around the away form but spent all season in midtable as i drew too many games. Lost in the 1st rd of the FA cup to L1 Gateshead after a replay and ET. Lost to southern premier Sutton in the 1st rd of the FA trophy.

Finances are pretty steady at about 100K.

This season was more about players leaving than coming in with Harrison (194 apps, 8 goals) Gomes (101 apps) and Vint (180 apps, 4 goals) being no longer good enough. Brown (33 apps, 8 goals) had been injury prone and disappointing and Clark (236 apps, 103 goals) had got upset during the previous season and then left.

Player performance overall were like the season not too bad but no exceptional players, none averaging over 7. I also played quite a few youth players.

I brought in Cambridge who is maxed out but is a L2 standard keeper. This led to Twumasi (117 apps) being sold.

In defence Johnson took over from clark as captain and put in his best season. Gold was signed as backup but played a lot with Clarkes injuries. Keenan is a youth player but didn't really step up in spite of having more ability.

In midfield Goddard was signed as a more attacking midfielder but was a let down and spent most of the 2nd half of the season on the bench. Stenning is showing signs of decreasing in ability and getting injuried even more. Dunn hasn't had the impact i hoped when i signed him.

The wingers had far less impact this year with Quintero doing nothing in too many games.

Up front Pryce was hot and cold, either scoring hatricks or playing at 6.3, played a youth product in James a lot who did well.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        12th       2nd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        17th       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        18th       1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        7th        4th Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2021/21        Conference North        5th        4th Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted
2021/22        Conference              9th        1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2022/23        Conference              9th        1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None

Anybody ever went Corby on this challenge? At the moment im pre season(first season) and struggling to recruit any sort of half decent player at all.Anyone any suggestions possibly? Finding this quite a test if im being honest :D

Hey mate - I always despair at the type of player attracted to my teams when I do this challenge, I try to lower my expectations and focus on key attributes. Physical attributes in particular can give you an advantage or at least keep you competitive.

in FM14 for example I had a full-back set to WB Attack who became an attacking weapon purely because he had 15 for pace and acceleration - nobody could catch him if he latched on to through balls!

Hey mate - I always despair at the type of player attracted to my teams when I do this challenge, I try to lower my expectations and focus on key attributes. Physical attributes in particular can give you an advantage or at least keep you competitive.

in FM14 for example I had a full-back set to WB Attack who became an attacking weapon purely because he had 15 for pace and acceleration - nobody could catch him if he latched on to through balls!

This is want its all about at this level.

I recently signed a 17 year old winger as he had great pace and 17 for flair! I wanted him to run rings around the slow defenses at this level and he did it brilliantly even though his 'current ability' apparently ranked him as a decent regional division player and my assistant thought we had 3 better wingers in the team!

yeh im pretty much the same m8

I did Corby a few pages back. It was pretty tough, barely survived my first year, relegated my second. Not much quality to work with although I'm tempted to give them a second try eventually.

I did Corby a few pages back. It was pretty tough, barely survived my first year, relegated my second. Not much quality to work with although I'm tempted to give them a second try eventually.

yeh finances are pretty tight,ive relied a lot on frees and adjusted the budgets a fair bit so managed to get a few players in relatively cheap.

PRE-SEASON

SEASON 1

CORBY F.C

Half decent pre season,played Brighton,Cardiff&Birmingham purely on the basis of improving finances for the club,good results again the lesser teams proving good.Hopefully push on with some good performances in the main season.

3ddP3rx.png?1

nFulrvT.jpg

Season 3 | 2017-18 | Conference National | 19th place

League table | Manager page | All competitions | Transfers

We were unbeaten in our first six games with four wins and two draws. We needed every single one of those points for the relegation battle that followed.

Defender Luke Prosser and midfielder Callum Johnson were signed on long-term big money deals before the start of the season. It wasn't an ideal situation - there just weren't too many players of that quality willing to play nonleague football up in Northumberland, so we had to pay these two what they wanted.

Simon Walton was the player of the year - every time he lined up on the edge of the area to take a free kick, it looked like it could go in. He was maybe a little disappointing last year as "Jamie Penny's replacement" but he more than made up for it in this campaign.

Dan Maguire was the leading goalscorer for the third straight season, but outside of his goals he didn't really offer very much. The same was true for midseason signing Carl Finnigan, who played in a deeper role, although Finnigan put in a memorable performance against our local rival and his ex-employer Gateshead.

Tactically we alternated between a narrow 4-3-1-2 and a rigid 4-4-2. Both were pretty poor, but at least in the first we didn't have to try to play wingers. We haven't had a good winger in three years.

Things got tense at the end of the season, but we were able to rack up two straight scrappy 1-0 victories at Cheltenham and Aldershot to preserve our spot in the division. Maguire, once again, got injured in the vital run-in. The American from Sunderland Lynden Gooch was meant to be our ace in the hole for the last eight games, but he just kind of wandered around the pitch looking sad. Maybe a nonleague relegation battle wasn't the best place to bring him in - but he does have genuine quality, and he will be contacted by club representatives about making his move permanent.

Who's this handsome devil? On his staff page his "Judging Player Ability" is 1, which might explain why he thinks we're any good.

Overview

A decent season, the playoffs were reached first time out. Unfortunately we lost 3-1 on aggregate to AFC Wimbledon but I was not too disappointed. A significant number of players that got us our first promotion from the Conference South are still with the team and not cutting two levels above. I need to re-inforce in the summer and raise the standard in the team. This has been aided by revenue from a run to the FA Cup Sixth round, the highlight being a 3-2 4th round victory over Newcastle in a game we trailed 2-0.

The Team

GK Angus Gunn - Released in the summer but re-signed two weeks later due to lack of alternative targets.

WB Ola Aina - Pacy fullback was not as effective at the higher level but did okay.

CB Mark Nutt - Ex-Tottenham centreback did well at the professional level. Has been with the club for 3 years.

CB Anthony Flannery - Signed after his release from West Brom last summer and did okay at centre back.

FB Cristinel Nalati - Romanian fullback is liable to be replaced but a replacement has not thus far been forthcoming.

RM Kasey Palmer - ex-Chelsea wideman did okay but is liable to be replaced in the summer.

AP Dan Crowley - The teams playmaker apparently dislikes me but is also very good.

DLP Emmanuel Oromoigbe - Nigerian midfielder signed on a free from Cork City in January.

W Sullay Kaikai - Veteran of the Conference South promotion. Did okay but may be replaced.

AF Des McDowell - Irish forward cost £140k from Limerick at the start of the season. 20 goals wasn't a poor return but hopefully more is to come.

DLF Shaun Hill - The ex-Chelsea striker had an injury hit season. His return of goals was poorer than previous seasons.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
16/17	Van N	12th	None	None	2ndRnd	None	None	1stRnd	None
17/18	Van N	2nd	None	None	3rdQual	None	None	1stRnd	Playoff Final Losers
18/19	Van N	1st	None	None	3rdRnd	None	None	4thRnd	Promoted
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	4thRnd	None	None	Semi F	Promoted
20/21	Lg 2	5th	None	None	6thRnd	1stRnd	2ndRnd	N/A	None

BZUbf57.png?1

Hereford United - Conference National - Mooing on up

Final position: 11th

League Table.

A season of meh.

That's the way to put it. We were never really close to neither promotion nor relagation. Topping at 6th position, but plenty of points behind. We were very average this season. We need to improve to push for promotion next year.

Our cup run was rubbish.

Transfers.

Tried to bring in some experience as well this year. Little did it help, and pretty much all of our deals turned out rubbish. A thorough clan out will take place next year.

Squad.

Our players were very average, and strengthening will be needed if we are to step up.

Paris Cowan-Hall was our best player. Pretty average and only 2½ stars, but still a top notch performer this season.

Year	League	         Pos.	 	Achievements
15/16   Van N	         2nd          Promoted via playoffs
16/17   Conf National    11th         None

I forgot to mention, that we were taken over during the season. A very undramatic fans trust takeover. Thet do however keep injecting money to cover our losses. Our finances are still shoddy, but better with them at the helm.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2026/27

As Premier League champions, we were looking forward to making our European debut.

League Table - Man City were poor, it was United who pushed us all the way this time.

Community Shield - we lost out on penalties.

Capital One Cup - we failed in our attempt to retain this trophy.

FA Cup - the semi final was the highlight, but we just about got the win in a close final.

UEFA Champions League - after beating Galatasaray 9-1, I thought we were going all the way. Real Madrid quickly ended those hopes.

Transfers - two huge sales financed a couple of big new signings.

Squad - still room for improvement, but the squad is pretty well balanced.

Finances - another decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Alejandro Fernández - he's settled into the poacher role really well.

Tobias Koller - perhaps a bit disappointing given his price tag.

John Victor - an amazing new signing.

Jorge Chumba - a brilliant replacement for Vera.

Wellington Luís - another great season, but he'll have competition for his place next season.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners

Next Season

Success in Europe is the main aim.

Pretty enjoyable save so far. Awful in both cups but good in the league.

cb29104cca66506b417ea43d48242f92.png

Also my transfers for this season.

69085d00e869a72beb8760e5b7b5902f.png

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   1st    Champions  Fa Cup 2nd Qual round FA Trophy 4th Round

Archived