Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please cut out the rubbish posts, thanks. Rants aren't welcome, keep it to constructive feedback. If you want to rant in this manner, then keep it off the forums. Cheers.
wasnt rude, didn't insult anyone. What I'm saying is si must do better and maybe because they have the market to themselves they have got a bit stale. You can't keep releasing a game every year that is not complete because of the m.e having flaws. The m.e should be as perfect as possible because it's the main part of the game.

Another release where I can't start a save until march, exploiting the match engine in the first few months is the norm, it looks like it could be a good game but as usual the ME looks like it has some major problems for example player instructions for free kicks don't work players don't do as you ask, too many goals from corners got beat 6-1 off Arsenal playing as Man City 4 goals from corners will wait till all these problems are sorted before I start my main save, back to Destiny on PS4 or Elder Scrolls Online fora few months it looks like.:(

wasnt rude, didn't insult anyone. What I'm saying is si must do better and maybe because they have the market to themselves they have got a bit stale. You can't keep releasing a game every year that is not complete because of the m.e having flaws. The m.e should be as perfect as possible because it's the main part of the game.
I can't make it any clearer that's its constructive criticism of the game that's wanted, not SI or their motivations or operating procedure (especially when you have zero idea of either). It's not a point up for debate. That's the end of it.

feeding back through a rant. after months of optimism I feel very let down. If my rant is taken as a message that si must do better and stop letting people down with bodged/broken m.e's then good. What would happen if there was a competitor who produced a fotball management game. Maybe these problems would stop happening as si would need to up their game. We all get stale when we are not pushed.

Unless you say exactly what you think is wrong and what could be done to rectify it then perhaps its not constructive?

This may sound like stupid question, but I was wondering is it posibble to play beta version again because it was way better than this... it's the first time I get the game by Steam, so I still don't how it works...

I can't make it any clearer that's its constructive criticism of the game that's wanted, not SI or their motivations or operating procedure (especially when you have zero idea of either). It's not a point up for debate. That's the end of it.
echo celts1888 comment. If people are saying they can't start a save until March, and celts1888 isn't the only one, then 'Houston we have a problem'. Constructively, I've noticed a lot of goals conceded from either crosses or corners, gk parrying the ball a lot and defenders not tackling. Like I've said before the ui is very good in my opinion, like the scouting, tactics screen weren't as bad as I feared and the look ofthe m.e is better than last year. A patch that resolves these issues with no knock on effects is needed quickly before people lose faith in the game. March might be too late this time.

I'm new to this forum, so sorry if this is a stupid question or I sound like an idiot but is there a forum up where people post how their saves are going etc. Again if this sounds stupid, my bad. Oh and also sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I had no clue.

There isn't an injury problem. Learn how to look after your players to everyone complaining about injuries. Also accept the fact that football is full of variables and each of these can contribute to injury crises. Including bad luck. My team hasn't had a soft tissue injury in quite some time, only impact in matches and training.

You think you have 2 GR injured in 1 week of training is to train poorly, then I start to think that the problem is even yours. And I speak not only of the injuries I have had games with more shots, more possession and more scoring chances and lost the game. Completely ridiculous as this FM now.

Out of interest, what percentage of your posts on this thread have been constructive?

Out of interest, what has your post got to do with constructive feedback?

Why can't we all just re-focus on giving back feedback to SI? (me included)

Well, the post in question was referring to someone who was only commenting on others opinions, and not actually on how to improve the game.

Well, the post in question was referring to someone who was only commenting on others opinions, and not actually on how to improve the game.

Either way, it's dropped now.

Does anybody know what the partial? workaround is for customising screens so the columns are manageable, not for me but somebody actually needs it to play properly.

I believe it was Sven who posted about it in the Beta thread, as I was having the same problem. The workaround is as follows:

On the Tactics screen: Selection Info > Custom > Customise Current View

From there, you can add/remove whichever columns you want, and when you return to the screen, it spaces them properly. Once sorted, I recommend you then go to the same place and press "Create Copy of Current View" which essentially saves that setup for easy access, in case it changes/screws up/returns to the useless default again.

This is instead of trying to add/remove them by right-clicking on the top of the column, or resizing by making the columns wider or thinner, which just causes everything to break massively.

hi, loving the new game am just confused by something, when i go onto the player information screen i cannot see his favoured personnel? is this a bug or has this been removed or has it been moved to somewhere else? :) thanks

Moved. Top left hand corner, click Overview and go to information

I'm new to this forum, so sorry if this is a stupid question or I sound like an idiot but is there a forum up where people post how their saves are going etc. Again if this sounds stupid, my bad. Oh and also sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I had no clue.

Not a stupid question. You'll be wanting the career forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/151-FM-Career-Updates

Or alternatively the Good Player Team Guide has club specific threads: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/21-Good-Player-amp-Team-Guide

Just wondering what the estimated time of an update for this will be coming? Will we have to wait a few weeks?

I imagine the answer will be little more accurate than "when it's ready"- if they think it's a serious flaw, of course they'll probably fast-track it, as they have done previously.

But setting themselves a deadline or specific time frame for updates would be a lose/lose situation for SI- either they rush it out to meet the deadline and it doesn't do what it needs to do as well as it could, or they let the deadline pass, and people get angry that they set it in the first place.

hi, loving the new game am just confused by something, when i go onto the player information screen i cannot see his favoured personnel? is this a bug or has this been removed or has it been moved to somewhere else? :) thanks

Edit - Misunderstanding. Its still there on one of the player information drop downs. I'm mid game so cant give exact place

Here you are:

player > Overview > Information ....2nd column top left, 4th down shows Favoured Personnel

I just would like to congratulate the developers. Its one of the best releases ever.

Lot of (maybe relevant if statistically proven) comments here, but I just dont see it myself. Playing good amount of games and now 27th Sep in the game, had 7games in 28 days.... And I have currently 0-ZERO injuries. It needs active management (training levels, rotation, early subs for the fitness prone or low stamina)l indeed see much injuries in the match but they are not long term max only during game or for 2-3 days. I am prob lucky now but it is not broken in my opinion. I had 10 injuries over 3 months, yes low side, and once during a game I had 3 (annoying)

With regards to goals from corners:

- Belgian pro league: 8 rounds, 190 goals (3 per game) and 16 from corner (10 percent), 19 IFK (10 percent), 10 DFK (5percent)

- my team : 7 rounds, 12 goals and 8 against, 1 conceded on corner, 1 scored from corner, 2 from IfK scored, 0DFK, 1 conceded from DFK

With regards to crosses:

All competitions I had 31 assists-> 13 from cross (40 %). 17 conceded and majority from PASS (9 = 52 Percent)

Conclude yourself but that doesnt look broken.

Repeating the negatives:

- what were the deva smoking when signing off on the tactics screen

- ME: akward keeper mistakes and wingplay overpowered though. (But can be mitigated as proven in the stats above)

still cannot see it, i go to the player screen, click information it comes up with full name, media description, personality, etc ? is a small issue so sorry about this

Some players don't have favoured people set at the beginning. Try looking up someone who has family members in the game, say, Daley Blind (dad Danny) or Eden Hazard (brother Thorgan).

On the opposition instructions, mentioned previously it's a pain in the you know what having to do it individually one by one and not being able to ctrl click to select multiple positions anymore, I've tried and done it one by one on the tab in the tactics section, went into a game there and not a single one carried over onto the opposition players, all blank and having to do it one by one again.

Having played almost 5 seasons (started on beta) I think the AI squad building still needs some work. I love that players get unhappy faster for not playing, but they should try harder to force moves for things like not being registered for league play/champions league. At least during the "peak" of their careers. As an example look at this PSG champions league squad (I'm Manchester United, got their squad scouted and noticed all the unregistered players):

http://i.imgur.com/oFgxsHp.jpg

Most glaring example here is Gabriel Barbosa they paid £60m for 2,5 seasons ago. Record signing, used as a squad rotation player at best. Two problems with that, why pay so much for a squad rotation player and why isn't he pissed he didn't make the champions league squad. He hasn't played a single Continental game since he arrived there. From the Brazilian Best Europe-based player in 2016 to rotting away.

Maybe make teams focus more on assembling a squad that can actually be registered for the competitions they play in.

On the opposition instructions, mentioned previously it's a pain in the you know what having to do it individually one by one and not being able to ctrl click to select multiple positions anymore, I've tried and done it one by one on the tab in the tactics section, went into a game there and not a single one carried over onto the opposition players, all blank and having to do it one by one again.

I agree with this. Its either a problem or there is a way I haven't discovered. Other people's views?

Only way to make it quicker is to ask an assistant initially and then correct to what you want

just started playing my save again today and everything is running really slow. The screen flickers like crazy when you go to start the game (good job I don't suffer from epilepsy) and it seems to take forever to click on anything for the game to catch up. I played through the whole beta and all yesterday without a problem. Is this a new bug I haven't read about?

I've noticed a trend of coaches inexplicably not wanting to take better jobs. For example, I initially tried to offer my goalkeeping coach a new contract as assistant manager cause I thought he had the right attributes, but the job type was locked for negotiation.

Just now I was trying to sign a coach. He initially accepted the offer but I accidentally offered him under 19s coach as this came up by default. When I tried to change it to coach the talks broke down cause he said "this offer falls short of a previous offer which was acceptable."

Firstly you should always be able to offer existing staff members a promotion. Secondly, who in their right mid things an offer for coach falls short of an offer for U19s coach on less money! Also his primary staff role is coach and working with youngsters only 10.

Trying to put a more positive spin on the issue - anyone noticed anything that HAS improved since the beta?
I have: screen no longer has the annoying "This is a beta version..." overlay. Nothing else comes to mind right now.

Am I the only one still having very long save times on the game?

No, they seem to have gone back to being prolonged in the release version. It's not a huge issue, but I do take a bathroom break every time the autosave kicks in. Seems crazy when I have an SSD, quad core and 8gb of RAM. Maybe one day we'll get a 64bit FM.

As a LLM, in terms of player interaction and transfers I love it! Picked up a 15 year old on a free last season and after 1 year he's being chased by Brighton, Wolves and Charlton. All offering very interesting deals such as 10K up front. Then 20k after 12 months. 10k after 10 goals, 1k per apperance and 5k after 10 apps! Loved the negotiation and the media aspect around it and I'm just about to cash in at 140k after all installments, a friendly, 20% of sell on fee and loan back for a full season! :applause:

Obviously it depends on your PC too to some extent it's longer than I'd like certainly.

It is compressing and saving too.

FM14 seemed really fast. It just takes ages in FM15. Obviously not a huge issue, but just a minor annoyance.

I believe it was Sven who posted about it in the Beta thread, as I was having the same problem. The workaround is as follows:

On the Tactics screen: Selection Info > Custom > Customise Current View

From there, you can add/remove whichever columns you want, and when you return to the screen, it spaces them properly. Once sorted, I recommend you then go to the same place and press "Create Copy of Current View" which essentially saves that setup for easy access, in case it changes/screws up/returns to the useless default again.

This is instead of trying to add/remove them by right-clicking on the top of the column, or resizing by making the columns wider or thinner, which just causes everything to break massively.

Thanks muchly, I'll pass that on.

Yes, but the injuries during matches are ridiculous. Training is not overly heavy and certainly not light so there should be an issue where nearly every single game sees at least one injury. Clearly there is an issue with injuries. They are far too common.

Archived