Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Alurny - Birkerod - Danish Second Division East - 08/09 end of season review

League

Info - End of season

Profile - End of season

Squad

Chimi - Attacking midfielder, signed for free, powerful and an eye for goal.

Ros- A latvian international signed for free, was brilliant all season!

The season went really well, and the quality of the league was so poor a couple of captures managed to turn the team into a well oiled machine. Sadly I had to rely on my parent club a lot, my scout barely found anyone apart from a very good right back, a great striker and a good attacking mid. The season was pretty straight forward, and, with Lasse Qvist, most games were won. We fared well in the cup, reaching the third round, and premiership opposition, where we lost convincingly. The final day of the season was exciting, with us sitting behind KB (my parent clubs reserves) and needing them to drop points to win the title. The bottom club did the impossible and beat them, leaving my Birkerod players to celebrate a victory!

Birkerod History

[/i]07-08 - Danish Second Division East - 1st [/i]

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Good season there mate, kutgw. icon14.gif

Still struggling for players in season two, I predict the same problems I had last time with Helsingor, where I lose my parent club upon promotion to the premiership, and have a barebones team. Really struggling for players! I think my club rep is terrible in comparison to the rest of the league.

Hopefully I can cement my self this year and look to sign players in the summer.

I just got a new, 4 year contract though icon_redface.gif. Longest contract I ever had on FM icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoatesyWins:

KIL/Hemne - 2009

This season started in similar fashion to the last, where we found ourselves dropping points left, right and centre. Soon though, after a change of tactics we found ourselves to be the dominant force in the league, going unbeaten for the remaining 15 games of the season. Promotion was clinched with a game to spare with a victory away to Start 2.

Loans were once more the key to our success as no one good enough would join permanetly. Ulrik Balstad finished top scorer with 16 in 20 games, however I will be unable to renew his loan as he's joined HamKam. Despite the positives, we were plagued with injuries throughout the season, losing Andreas Holm, at the time our top scorer, for four months as well as other key players.

The Norwegian cup proved a disappointment as we crashed out at the first hurdle to non-league Stryn.

In the close season my board took it upon themselves to screw us over financially by expanding the stadium from 2600-odd to over 5000, despite us having an average attendance of only 500, this has now left us with a loan debt of £4.3m and -£200k in the bank.

League: 1st Place - Promoted.

Norwegian Cup: - 1st Round.

League Table

Balstad

Overall XI

Congrats on promotion. icon14.gif You seem to be motoring through seasons. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

congrats on promotion!! icon14.gif my board have done the same with me on my promotion to the first division...

It looks like I could be headed up again, I am really not comfortable with the all the loanees, but without them I would have no side. My scouts are useless, and no one wants to come. Looks like I might pop back up to the prem, and probably go straight back down.

Some icon_cool.gif news, my Zambian coach gave me a bit of knowlege of Zambia and we are getting in a 16 year old I took on trial. He arrives in the summer! icon_cool.gif

Alurny - Birkerod - Danish 1st Division - 09/10

Info

Table

Squad

Pedersen

Tembo

Scouting Knowledge

A good season, again I had to rely heavily on Kopenhagen (Pedersen being the pick of the bunch), as no one wants to come. Some good performances, a couple more free transfers, but really not much to report. A good cup run again this season, ending in the 4th round against premiership opposition. I don't really know what to say really, I just hope this summer will be more fruitful on the player front and I can look to distance myself from the loan policy.

The Zambian player is Tembo. Going to retrain him as a striker looking at his stats.

History

08/09 - Danish Second division East - 1st

09/10 - Danish First division - 4th

Ok so I'm pretty new to these forums and challenges, but I have finished uni for easter and can't really be bothered to do my work and I saw this and I thought I would give it a shot. So please welcome the new manager of Swedish club Gantofta IF.

Club Info

Like I said, pretty new to this so it's gonna be hard I imagine.(anyone got any tips? lol)

I seem to have inherited a team with some players, but not nearly enough, and no staff. So with a wage budget of only 1.74k to work with I think I can already see my first issue.

Anyway time to play, and I'll keep you updated!

KIL/Hemne - Season 2010

After my board found it necessary to put the club on the brink of bankruptcy at the end of last year, the new season didn't hold too much optimism for me. My wage budget was reduced to £3.5k p/w and once again I was given no transfer budget meaning I had to use Rosenborg as my main supplier of players.

These days we were practically our parent clubs' reserve side, and in a way, it showed. As the season panned out the squad grew evermore in confidence and ability and we found ourselves to be giving even the top sides a run for their enviable money, even beating Lillestrom (10 games unbeaten at the time) 1-0 at their place.

The season closed out with us challenging for a healthy midtable spot and we eventually finished 7th, something far surpassing even my wildest expectiations. We even had a remarkable goal difference, aided by the 8-0 thumping of Haugesund.

The cup even proved a success to some extent as we reached the 4th round, falling to Tippaligen side Tromso 0-1 in extra time.

Annoyingly though, my board have once again invested in the unnecessary and have installed undersoil heating, something setting me back another £500k which I don't have.

League: 7th

Norwegian Cup 4th Round - Tromso

League Table

Top Scorer - Holm

Overall XI

padmore_001 - welcome to the challenge and good luck icon14.gif if i could give you two tips, get a parent club, and raid the loans market.

CoatesyWins - good first season in the Adeccoligaen. hopefully, with a bit of luck, you might get a cash injection soon to ease the financial crisis. fingers crossed.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Talk about super sub; still doesn't out-do OGS though. \o/

His where all inside the last 20mins aswel weren't they v Forest, now he was a supersub an a half. Funny you should mention him he's one of my footballing idols of all time along with the great dane. icon_wink.gif

Gundo, i will hopefully be starting this challenge in the coming days but i wondered what patch everyone is playing with. Would you recommend starting with 8.0.2, only i've had a few bad experiences when i installed it and as a result i uninstalled but would use again for this challenge if you think its best.

Any countries with no challengers there yet by the way?

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by dlnwba86:

Gundo, i will hopefully be starting this challenge in the coming days but i wondered what patch everyone is playing with. Would you recommend starting with 8.0.2, only i've had a few bad experiences when i installed it and as a result i uninstalled but would use again for this challenge if you think its best.

Any countries with no challengers there yet by the way?

Thanks for your help

I personally would recommend using 8.02 patch and I think the majority in here are using it. It's your call though. icon14.gif

As for unmanned countries currently; Austria, Bulgaria, Iceland, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Turkey and Ukraine I think. Atleast those are the nations that haven't had any end of season reports from users since 8.02 release.

Gantofta IF - 2008

Media Prediction: 9th

Actual Position: 7th

League Table

Right so that's my first season in any challenge completed, and as you can see it was rather unspectacular but also rather enjoyable! Halfway through season I was sitting in eleventh and thinking I had bitten off more than I can chew but a strong finish lifted us up to mid-table. My major issue was a lack of depth, I had a few decent players but when these were injured those in back up just didn't cut it. My best player was only in on loan which isn't good as we relied on him for the majority of our goals.

Anyway I have included shots of two of my best players as well as my squad and finally my finances, which are in a pretty poor state, probably my doing...

Squad

Jagne

Radetinac

Finances

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

A play-off v a Tippeligaen side beckons for Randaberg for a place in the top flight...

Leg 1: 1-0 loss to Start away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Play-off defeat hurts. icon_frown.gif

Lost 2-1 at home, conceded a late goal after going all out to grab the winner.

Hetman Zamosc - Champions League Update

So I couldn't stay away from this save very long. I tried a career game and a game at Arsenal (my favorite club) but nothing excited me quite like those plucky underdogs from Zamosc. And my faith has been rewarded by quite a season.

We went straight into the group stages for the first time, and as first seeds, were rewarded with our easiest group yet:

Group G

Qualification never in doubt, the first knockout round drew us against Celtic for the second year running. It went to the favorites from Poland with relative ease:

1st Knockout Round Leg One

1st Knockout Round Leg Two

In the quarters we drew an aging Liverpool side who had thrashed us four years prior. No such luck for the Merseysiders this time.

Quarterfinal Leg 1

Quarterfinal Leg 2

In the semi's we drew Barcelona. This was a very scary matchup, as they've bought well, and have a squad full of talented regens. However, it appears as though their manager gave a really lousy team talk after the quarterfinal and half the team's morale was poor or worse. Still, leg one at Camp Nou went to the Catalan side.

Semifinal Leg 1

The return leg at OSiR started poor, with Barca up 1-2 at the half, for a 2-4 aggregate lead. Only a miracle would see the holders through to the final. I gave them the hairdryer treatment at the half, and well:

Semifinal Leg 2

Unbelievable stuff really. So we're in to the Final for the second year on the trot, to face fellow American Bob Bradley and his juggernaut AC Milan side. I won't bore you with a preview akin to last year, but the Rossoneri are a aggressive, talented side who play an attacking 4-1-2-1-2. I'd say they're probably the strongest side I've encountered this season, only Barcelona can compare. I suspect without a match at fortress OSiR, we can't hope to win, but I thought we had no chance against Real Madrid last season. Time will tell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

A play-off v a Tippeligaen side beckons for Randaberg for a place in the top flight...

Leg 1: 1-0 loss to Start away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Play-off defeat hurts. icon_frown.gif

Lost 2-1 at home, conceded a late goal after going all out to grab the winner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unlucky Gundo... icon13.gif, still, you're making good progress i'd say climbing the divisions...

Season 2016/17 Review - Sirocco Works in the Carnegie Irish Premier League

League Table

Perfect icon_cool.gif

CIS Insurance League Cup - won, beating Glentoran 4-0 in the final.

County Antrim Shield - won, beating Donegal Celtic 4-0 in the final.

Irish Cup - won, beating Linfield 2-0 in the final.

Setanta Sports Cup - won, beating Bohemians 4-2 in the final.

It really was a season of total dominance, probably because I turned pro at the start of the season.

The European Adventure

After beating Torpedo Zhodino and Valur in the early qualifiers, I drew PSV in the all important 3rd round. First leg I got a decent 2-2 away draw and finished off the job with a 2-1 home win. This brought a CL group containing CSKA Moscow, Werder Bremen and Inter (again).

Group Results

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Werder Bremen 3-0 Sirocco Works

Sirocco Works 0-2 Inter

CSKA Moscow 1-1 Sirocco Works

Sirocco Works 3-2 CSKA Moscow

Sirocco Works 2-4 Werder Bremen

Inter 4-1 Sirocco Works </pre>

CL Group D

Once again I left myself a trip to the San Siro with a slim hope of qualifying, unfortunately Inter and Werder Bremen were just too much for me.

UEFA Cup 1st knockout round leg 1

UEFA Cup 1sr knockout round leg 2

A poor away result, but the late goal gave me hope. Took them apart in extra time.

UEFA Cup 2nd knockout round leg 1

UEFA Cup 2nd knockout round leg 2

Had another poor away result but sadly didn't get the away goal this time, just couldn't do enough to pull it back in the second leg. Once again, I've made another step forward in Europe though.

Squad

Transfers

Carried on selling a few players to bring in a bit of money, also the new scouting restrictions meant I have been able to bring in a load of Czech players to boost the size of my squad.

Star Player

After missing most of last season with a broken leg he is back with a bang. A phenomenal 91 goals this season takes him up to 306 for his career.

Club Coefficient: 23.737

Nation Coefficient: 11.333

League Titles: 6

Randaberg Il - 2011 Adeccoligaen - End of season report

Adeccoligaen - 3rd place (lost in play-off v Start 3-1 agg) icon14.gificon13.gif

Norwegian Cup - 4th round.

This season was an improvement on the previous by no less than a 12 point increase and a significant improvement and thus reduction in the goals against column. Despite finishing third (2 up on previous season) it was a frustrating affair, largely due to International (u21 & u19) call-ups which became quite unforgiving at times and clashed with key games for us. The two professional clubs that finished above us had hardly any call ups strangely, so that meant that when we went to play them on a couple of occasions we where minus our 3 best players! icon_eek.gif

Stian Ringstad was again Immense, I just hope we are able to keep him until we get to the top flight. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Myhre was brilliant again despite not possessing the high attributes (although steadily improving) he was consistently very good from his left wing perch. He weighed in with two league goals from distance and nine league assists (top assist at the club 2011) and he also came very close to grabbing a few long range crackers in the play-off aswel. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Defense if looking very solid and our other under 19 and under 20 Norwegian international starlets where fantastic, well when they weren't on international duties that is.

A few more faces here and there will see us go close again I feel despite the Pro club stronghold on the division, I have hope... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Talk about super sub; still doesn't out-do OGS though. \o/

His where all inside the last 20mins aswel weren't they v Forest, now he was a supersub an a half. Funny you should mention him he's one of my footballing idols of all time along with the great dane. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An absolute hero. Im a Man U season ticket holder and that man was absolutely sensational for years and years. I also had the rather surreal experience of serving him a latte when I worked at Costa Coffee. I may also have burned his pannini. How to repay your idol!

dlnwba86 - Vidir - Iceland First Division

After last years failed attempt with Belcard in Belarus, i have turned to the lowest ranked nations league for this year's attempt. At least if i screw this up as badly as i'm expecting then things can only get better. icon14.gif

I have a 2000 seater stadium and basic facilities, but the added bonus of a youth academy.

The Lower League Icelandic Cup has basically been my pre-season and i have signed too many players to tell you about. Needless to say, i did better than expected, after 4 games i have drawn 2 and lost 2, although in 1 defeat i was winning before i had a striker sent off. Hence, early signs are looking good and i will give an update after my first lot of league games.

I will be starting this again (and this time sticking too it). I've decided that i should have another crack at Switzerland because i love the league so much and have seen loads of Swiss football when i have been over there.

I just hope that i can last as FC Bex manager this time because i had so much fun with them in Fm06.

I will put my profile up when i've holidayed, but this time i am in it for the long run.

After finishing 3rd three times in a row, and thus missing playoffs, I managed to finish 2nd this season. The first leg of the playoffs went much better than I ever hoped for. I'm also quite happy with my substitutions on the game icon_biggrin.gif

I smashed the 5 years old record for gate receipts and doubled my highest attendance.

The second game awaits, hope I can finally get promoted.

Limhamns IF - Season 2008 - Swedish Second Divisiion South Gotland

Media Prediction: 1st

Acutal Postion: 1st

Fans Player Of The Year: Andreas Kristoffersson

Best Eleven: Best XI

After putting my Mosside save on hold, I took over Linhamn and immediatly my board expectation was 1st! if I didn't gain promotion, I would be sacked! I decided to have a quick assement of the team and most of the team were quite good at this level, while others were disappointing and I decided to try the free market and found a few gems, I spent 4K on players and brang in 14 new players, while 15 players made the cut, I had a new look at my club and felt satisfied and looked forward to the season ahead of me at Linhamns IF.

We started off shacky, but after about 10 games in we held onto 1st and won the league, I took a gamble signing Andreas Kristofferson and it paid off he became are topscorer and the leagues topscorer, I had proved my assitant manager wrong and he thought the player was a last resort, this year I'm hoping to do well in the First Division South and hopefully gain promotion again.

Titles: Swedish Second Division South Gotland Champions

Nation Cofficent: 26th

Originally posted by padmore_001:

Radetinac

FC Bex - Swiss Challenge League

Right i've holidayed and taken over a team that i have managed before, however, i can't do anything the way that i have done it before because with the new patch, a lot of the players that i signed are now not up to the standard.

Hopefully it should be a good challenge.

Also when i loaded up Switzerland i looked at FC Bex and their stadium had a capacity of 300, which i was very concerned about considering i lost money hand over fist with the default 500 capacity. However, since being promoted it has become 2525 which is nice to see.

Club Info

Also i found a really nice picture of their stadium on their website and it looks like somewhere that would be amazing to play football.

Stade de Bex

KIL/Hemne - Season 2011

There was a strong sense of negativity about the camp during preseason. We'd not only been put £500k in the red by our own board, but we'd also lost out on signing a few of our normal loanees to Ranheim and ended up losing the majority of our friendlies.

The negativity however soon turned unexpectedly to optimism as we won our first three league games of the season as well as progressing through to the next round of the cup.

Our league form continued to surprise us and a playoff place was only put out of our reach with 3 games to spare, infact we were 5th placed until the very last game of the season but carelessly threw it away with a draw at home to Bryne.

Once more we were dumped out of the cup in the fourth round to Tippaligen opposition, this time it was Stabaek away. We performed above ourselves and it took a penalty shootout to settle the tie.

I was delighted when we were able to secure the permanent signings of some of our loanees in the close season after their contracts weren't extended by Rosenborg. These have been the highest calibre players I've been able to attract to the club recently and I have high hopes for the new season.

League: 6th

Norwegian Cup: 4th Round - Stabaek

League Table

Top Scorer - Karlsen

Breakthrough Player

Rakuunat season 2012

Media prediction 5th

Finished 2nd, promotion through playoffs

Lost on 7th round of Finnish Cup

I posted the screenshots from playoffs earlier. Here's final league table and my progress this year. After finishing 3rd three times in a row, I was a point behind the second team with one game to go. They were held to draw by Jippo, the team that finished 14th. I trashed Hämeenlinna 4-2 and earned a playoff spot.

Here's the overview of season. My best XI looked like this.

For the first time I had the top scorer of First division. Joni Nieminen broke the single season record for goals & league goals for my team as well. Jonas Sleyman did very well too, he had 12 goals in only 15 league games before getting injured for the rest of the season. I also had a player win the assists and MOM-titles of the First division, my first time for both of those.

Here's stats for Sleyman and Nieminen for the season.

I feel bad for Samu Mandelin. He scored 4 goals on the 2 playoff games, and has been a useful sub for me for four seasons now. However he isn't anywhere near good enough for Premier league, yet he demanded a decent salary. I had to let him go.

The media prediction for the upcoming season is 14th out of 14 teams. My board wants me to enjoy life in Premier division as the goal of 3 year plan. I certainly will enjoy it, actually I'm planning for a mid-table finish.

My finances look good, but I still don't have any transfer budget. I'm also semi-professional, I hope that'll change. There's 6 other semi-pro teams in the Premier league, and I'm currently estimated financially 24th in the nation so I guess there's a long way to go.

I've got an Update to come, and I'm going to complete the current season I'm in, then I think I'll give this a rest for some time and start Dafuge's Challenge. I've tried REALLY REALLY hard in this game, but after nearly 30 seasons, I just can't see how I can make more of an impact to win the CL. I've never gotten out of the group stages, and I just can't attract the players I need to, due to the League Rep. Domestic Dominance was fun for a while too, but now its becoming more of a chore than a joy to play through the seasons. icon_frown.gif

EOS and End of Game updates to come soon. icon_frown.gif

Joni Nieminen, my top scorer for both the past two seasons with a total of 34 league goals, fell down in the picking order because of off season signings.

I put him on transfer list, and negotiated offers from both MP and Atlantis. I accepted both offers, Nieminen chose MP.

My old transfer record was 35 000 €, I'm very happy with the transfer fee.

I'm in the Premier division, with no transfer budget. I've made profit every season. MP just got promoted to First division, no recent history in Premier league, and Atlantis plays on lower divisions. Yet they can offer such big transfer fees, life really isn't fair. icon_wink.gif

Never mind, I'm able to adjust budget so that I have 180k € for transfers if I drop wage budget to minimum. I knew about the feature, but I thought I would get to choose the budgets at the start of the season if I'm able to get transfer budget at all.

Man, this is intense! I'm finally getting to the end of my second season at Blsany and this is the league table with one game left!! icon_eek.gif

I've never had such a close season in all my CM/FM careers - 1 point seperating the top three with only two promotion spots up for grabs (and I just beat Hlucin in my last game to get up here icon_biggrin.gif). The board and fans are expecting; I just hope I can deliver....

If you don't hear from me again, you'll know what's happened icon_razz.gif

Haha - I did it! icon_biggrin.gif Touch and go for a while in the second half as the other two were winning but my game chasing tactics paid off for with 3 goals in the last ten mins for a 4-1 win.

First Division here we come icon_cool.gif

Full report coming soon.

KIL/Hemne - Season 2012

This season held so much promise for us. I'd expected a promotion push and that's exactly what we managed before bottling it against Sogndal with 4 games to go. A win against them would have left us 3 points behind them with 3 winnable games remaining. The team couldn't stomach it however and we went down 2-1 at our own ground.

The season was an overall success though, our highest ever finish and some key players signing permanently, furthering our development as a club. We again crashed out in the fourth round of the cup though, it's becoming a bit of an annoyance now, I can't deny.

Our finances are dire however. This season I've signed my first non-Norwegian players to rather lucrative contracts in the hope that their experience in an otherwise young squad and mental strenth will be the key to our promotion this year. Without promotion, I fear the club may be doomed.

League: 4th

Norwegian Cup: 4th Round - SFK Sparta

Top Scorer

League Table Overall XI

Finances

Archived