Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by dafuge:

NepentheZ - did your club ever turn pro? I've been in the group stages of the UEFA Cup or CL for the last few years and I have about £8m in the bank but I am still semi-pro and limited to scouting in Northern Ireland. I'm still improving each year but I can't see it is possible to win the CL while still in this situation.

Yea I turned pro in my 7th season. I only had £1,000,000 in the bank, and had never reached the group stages of the CL, nor had I got onto the group stages of the UEFA Cup. I think my domestic dominance is what did it. You have 4 titles right now, I turned pro after my 5th successive title. So lets hope its next year for you.

1 thing though, someone who works for SI (I forget now), told me that semi-pro clubs turn pro when there is £5 mill in the bank, so its odd you aren't Pro yet icon_frown.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2033/34 (Season 26) - N. Irish Premier Division

To begin.........

I'm undecided yet as to weather or not this is my last season. I'm having a very hard time in Europe, and domestically its becoming boring. Andrew Smylie scored a whopping 156 goals this season, of which 80 came in the league, and the seasons are just becoming completely repetitive. I win the league easily, struggle in the group stages of the CL and do the same over. I really want to win the CL, but I also want to complete Dafuge's Challenge before FML is released.

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - Group Stage \0/

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Winner

N. Irish Premier Division - Table | Graph

Co-Efficients - Knockbreda | N. Ireland

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Awards -

A. Smylie - N. Irish Player of the Year

A. Smylie - European Golden Boot Winner \0/

Jandanaldo - Young Player of the Year

C. Douglas - Manager of the Year

A. Smylie - Player of the Year

A. Smylie - Top Goal Scorer, 80 Goals (League Only)

Other Info -

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Info

Team Stats

Team Records

Players of the Season

Jandanaldo - When I signed him, it was clear his Technical stats would be good. Thankfully, his physical attributes are coming on now too, and he's a great asset to the club.

Peter Bohm - When I signed him, he was a back up Defensive midfielder. Since I've changed my tactics, and his obvious position indifference, I've trained him to AMLC/DM and play him in the AMC role. The effects are seismic, and hes a real leader in the team.

Andrew Smylie - If I had the tolerance to see out his career, (Which I don't think I do) - He would easily overtake Paul "Pele" Wallace as the greatest player to ever play for the club. He holds copious amounts of club records, and scored an FM08 record of 156 goals last season. Nearly 400 club goals in 3 seasons, he could easily achieve 1300+ if he continues at any rate similar to this. I can't describe how much fun it was watching him score 29 hat tricks last season, and scoring in 38 consecutive games. !

Season Summary

See Last Season icon_frown.gif - Its just the same old same old. One thing that did impress me is this... Goal Keeper Scoring 4 goals in 1 game.

I decided to give him a shot, since his FK rating was 19. So I put him on Free Kicks, Pens and sent him up for corners. He scored 2 Free Kicks, 1 pen and a goal that was from a corner, although not directly.! The ball was put in the box, over my GK, got cleared out to him on the edge of the 18 yard box, and he coolly fluffed it in.! icon_biggrin.gif - the old "He never meant that" commentary line came up too icon_biggrin.gif

History

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 19 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 20 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 21 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 22 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 23 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 24 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 25 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 26 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 22

Club Co-Efficient, 83rd

Nation Co-Efficient, 21st

Chmel Blsany, Czech Second Division 2009-10

Expectations were even higher this time - promotion with no transfer budget. I managed to make a few free signings and I tried to limit my loanees as I wanted to get promoted with as many of my own players as possible.

The league was incredibly tight with 6 teams challenging until the latter stages of the season. Three teams started to break away as we went into the last 4 games and luckily I was one of them. As I said in an earlier post, I was top just one point ahead of 2nd and 3rd going into the last match so I had to win. Midway through the 2nd half I was at 1-1 while the other two were winning. A few tactical tweaks and key substitutions saw my boys pull through though as we dominated the last 15 minutes and ended up with a comfortable win and bagged the 2nd Diviison title in the process. icon14.gif

Highlight of the season was a 10-1 away win* against Sigma Olomouc (well, it was their B team to be fair icon_razz.gif). I was surprised by the poor performance of the B teams actually with Sparta Prague B also relegated with only a handful of points. I guess it's because all the decent players in the B squads are loaned out to 2nd diciison teams!

Lowlights - the board going over my head to sell my first choice right-back for 80k during the winter break (especially as we were offered 140k earlier in the season icon_mad.gif) and a poor performance in the cup as we were knocked out on penalties by non-league opposition in the second round icon_redface.gif

Final League Table

Key Players

Denisevics was again the top scorer, nearly averaging a goal a game. He got the top goalscorer and player of the year awards too icon14.gif

Magoc was a driving force for the team on the left wing, managing 15 assists.

Morisseau, my New Caledonian star, really started to fufill his potential this year. He's solid at the back and great going forward, hitting 7 golas off free kicks and getting a few assists of corners.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7697/bestxiseason2yu4.jpg

Other news

The Czech Republic won the world cup! \o/ (beating Spain in the final)*

Club Coefficient: -

Nation Coefficient: 22.875 (20th)

Domestic Titles: 0 (not counting my 2nd div crown icon_wink.gif)

*I had screenies ready but ImagShack went down while I was witing this up so I'll post them later.

Lisburn Rangers – 2013/14 – Northern Irish Premier Division.

Media Prediction: 3rd

Final Position: 1st

Irish Cup: Lost 0-1 to Glentoran in the final.

League Cup: Winners

Antrim Cup: Winners

All-Ireland Cup: 2-2-2 in Group Stage. Another minor improvement.

UEFA Cup: Beaten 4-0 over two legs by AIK. Got my first ‘point’ as it were by holding out the Swedes 0-0 in Stockholm. Great stuff.

Top-scorer: James Lawrie – 30 goals.

Team coeff: 497th – 0.385

National coeff: 45th – 1.167

Final League Position

Best XI

Won the League title by 15 points, never losing a game all season. Only Glentoran stopped me doing the domestic quadruple after I lost 1-0 in the Northern Irish Cup final on the final game of the season. A really shitty end to a fantastic season. Oh well.

I finally received my first feeder club (Malachians) and my board finally agreed to upgrade my training facilities. But the best news is that my stadium is being upgraded by 360 seats! However I have reduced capacity until late November. I also have 1m in the bank.

Its progress...

UGS - Challenge League - 16/17 - Winter Break

Very quiet Summer followed our 4th place. First of all our reputation became National. Hardly helped with signing players though as only 3 came in before the first league game. As my Pottier, my on-loan DC, refused to sign permanently I was forced to look elsewhere, in came a 19yo. And the other 2 signings were a backups at ML and ST. Out went the usual hoard on free transfers including both Rupp and Cortesi who had been stunning servants for the club but just weren't really good enough any more. I managed to flog another player for a ridiculous £250, one of my multitude of MCs, one of the better ones but not worth that much. And of course Guichard came back again, 6th season at the club on loan.

Only problem (and it was quite a big one) at the start of the season was defence. I had one DL, 2DCs and 2DRCs, and that was it for the squad excepting the U18s. If the DL got injured big problems would arise. I finally did manage to grab another DC before the end of the window and a very average DLC came in as a last resort back up in October.

First 2 games were expected home wins over inferior opposition albeit unnecessary struggles. First test was away at Thun in Game 3, 1-4 equates to a large fail, as does the 1-2 home defeat to Sion 2 games later. The season continued with several victories interspursed with the odd defeat to rivals. We continually floated between 4th and 7th and ended up in 4th place at the Winter Break.

Quite simple to sum up really, we beat worse sides, we lose to better ones and what happens with teams around us depends on where we play them. Draws don't exist any more. Only one very bad result (0-2 against Wil) and only one very good one (a 3-2 win inflicting Thun's only defeat so far).

Not over the moon about the number of goals we have conceded, although that 19yo I brought in appears to be awesome, much better than I ever expected. The wingers are up to 19 assists already, I have so many good MCs I have no idea who to play and Maric and Sutter have more at this stage of the season than before. So, not bad really.

Unless Sion or us go on a horrific run we will end up somewhere between 4th and 6th. Little difference apart from the prize money although clearly I'd prefer 4th.

Managed to get my missing screenies uploaded icon14.gif

10-1 thrashing of Sigma Olomouc B

Czech Republic win the World Cup!!!

I've gone through the pre-season and first few league games in the top flight and we'll have to wait and see how it goes....

I had these main expectations/hopes after promotion:

- increased scouting network

- better chance of attracting players to the club

- stadium expansion

- TV revenue and generally better finances

The board obliged with permission to send scouts anywhere in Europe but this is proving to be useless as nobody from outside Eastern Europe will consider signing icon_frown.gif Stadium expansion is also under way with a further 1200 seats being added icon14.gif (We were supposed to groundshare until March but I'm still playing at the Chmel Blsany Stadium icon_confused.gif Bug?) The biggest disappointment so far has been the complete lack of any extra revenue. No TV money and a paltry 1k in prize money for promotion... The only plus has been a sell-out on season tickets and sell-out crowds for home games.

The other problem at the moment is that bigger clubs have started sniffing round star left-back Morisseau. Sparta Prague, Spartak Moscow and even Marseille have been expressing interest. Hopefully, the chairman won't accept any bids...

dlnwba86 - Vidir - Iceland First Division

Hmmmm, my prediction of screwing my season up well and trully came true. I actually didn't do as badly as i thought i would.

League Table

Despite finishing bottom, (didn't play last two games) we went close against a lot of teams in the league and in most games we created just as many chances. It was the dissappointing strikers who failed to produce the goods however.

Oh well, onwards and upwards, my next attempt will be in......Wales!!

Updates to follow...

Alurny - Birkerod - Danish 1st Division - 10/11

End of season review

Table Info

Squad

- Similar story to last season, just not good enough to go up. Some good players brought in, which, hopefully, will be enough to take us up next year

- Our post winter break form cost us dear, going 9 games without a win, and, effectively ending our promotion chances

- The team continue to do well in cup competitions, narrowly losing out in the 4th round to Brondby.

- The last four games showed good form with 3 wins and one draw scoring 17 goals and conceding 1. Our 6-0 Win away at Fredericia was a new record.

-The board plan to improve my youth facilities

-The bank balance is ~£1M, up 970k in 3 years icon_wink.gif

- Some positives on the player front:

*Our GK, who is the only surviving member of the original squad, continues to impress.

GK

*Hansen at 16 looks set to have a bright future

Mark

*Soren had a great start to his Birkerod career

*The africans continue to impress, especially Papa who got a call up to Ghana first team(didn't play though).

Papa

Aim

-Get promoted!

History

08/09 - Danish Second division east - 1st

09/10 - Danish first division -4th

10/11 - Danish First division -4th

Nice work Alurney - unlucky with that form post-break icon_frown.gif

Papa Diop, ... where have I heard that name before icon_biggrin.gif

Mark looks very talented too, great physical stats for a 16 year old, and thats vital in the lower leagues. Great tackling, marking and heading too.! Always nice for a young center back.!

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Nice work Alurney - unlucky with that form post-break icon_frown.gif

Papa Diop, ... where have I heard that name before icon_biggrin.gif

Mark looks very talented too, great physical stats for a 16 year old, and thats vital in the lower leagues. Great tackling, marking and heading too.! Always nice for a young center back.!

I have just found Mark V2, and I have another young CB. Looks like I'm sorted for a while in this department. With regards to your file: WOW at Smiylie icon_redface.gif

Alurny - Birkerod - Danish First Division -

Usual Screenshots

- Info

- League

- Graph

- Team Stats

The Cup

After a good campaign, the team came up against premiership opposition in the third round, winning on penalties 3-2, Mark getting the winning penalty. The fourth round gave us further premiership opposition in Randers, and after going ahead, and working hard, the team lost on penalties 3-2.

Attendence Record

The League

I had a feeling this year would be the year. After two years of frustration, players losing form and dodgy results it all clicked.

With just one loss (Due to an international break icon_mad.gif) taking away all my players, this was my best ever season on FM.

At the seasons close I had won 12 games in a row, and was unbeaten in 15.

It was a 3 horse race, until the last four games, with wins over OB and Lyngby securing the championship. The goal which won the championship was put in by Kadir Mumuni, using his pace to break from a corner.

The team

Wow. What an effort, I couldn't pick out anyone as it was a great team performance throughout. They often showed a lot of heart, the game against Horsens comes to mind where they just wouldn't give up and ground out wins.

Formation: 3-4-3

GK : Signed for free, from lyngby, his record speaks for itself. Quite why they let him go is a mystery but the guy was amazing. His morale drops occasionally, for no reason, but plays well regardless.

DRC : Signed from AB, in my first season in the first division, for free, Kadir is a physical defender, whos work rate makes up for his lack of technical ability.

DC : A loanee from Kopenhagen, a young, quality all round defender, who i hope I can lure in the summer.

DLC : Signed for free from Lyngby (again!), he was a revelation at the back, all round quality, great fitness and strong in the tackle.

MR : Still only 18, Vito looks set to have a very bright future. Originally a rightback, but retrained to a winger, he is very creative and technically gifted. A shame his physicals are very poor, but his lacking skills here are made up for by a clever footballing brain.

ML : A loanee from Kopenhagen, Jonas is a quality versatile player, contributing goals and assists!

DMC : Super strong, if a little clumsy, Papa is a defensive machine. Always gives his all and has scored some vital goals.

DMC : A loanee, who has been around from the start. Solid, if a little aggressive at times.

FC : His record is amazing, more than a goal a game, the highest scoring Birkerod scorer in 2 seasons on loan. Will be a first team regular at Kopenhagen I predict next season.

FL : Signed for 10k from Lyngby (they might as well be my feeder club icon_wink.gif ) he is a very gifted striker, international football beckons. I doubt he will be round for long. Good in the air, technically gifted and a thunderbolt of a free kick.

FR : Signed for free from Zambia, (thanks to my coach!) "tembo" has been impressive in his first full season. Creative, all round skill. Value is now £120k and likely to grow. Not sure how much better he can get, but he is a legend already. Retrained as a striker to fit my formation.

History

08/09 - Danish Second Division East - 1st

09/10 - Danish First Division - 4th

10/11- Danish First Division - 4th

11/12 - Danish First Division - 1st

- I got a new 2 year contract in jan, with the expectation of establishing the team in the first division.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Congrats on promotion Al

icon14.gif

You've got an impressive squad there, I especially like the fact you have 2 papa diop's in your team, with the exact same stats icon_wink.gif (just kidding, but you've got Papa as both DMC's, and seem to have missed out the loanee)

I cloned them icon_wink.gif

The loanee wasn't up to much anyway! icon_smile.gif

- I have tuned professional

- I can scout scandinavia

- I have undersoil heating

- I have another new contract (3 years, keep up in prem)

icon_smile.gif

(I didn't sleep last night, think I am addicted again! God bless easter holidays)

Oh and I am a "popular" manager! Never had that description before. Also check out this media response! Damn journo's bugging me icon_wink.gif

Very Mourinho!!

Don't you love it when your new signings get off to great starts! icon_smile.gif One got a brace, the other got the first. 13 games won in a row! (Unlucky, surely)

Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Congrats on promotion Al

icon14.gif

You've got an impressive squad there, I especially like the fact you have 2 papa diop's in your team, with the exact same stats icon_wink.gif (just kidding, but you've got Papa as both DMC's, and seem to have missed out the loanee)

I cloned them icon_wink.gif

The loanee wasn't up to much anyway! icon_smile.gif

- I have tuned professional

- I can scout scandinavia

- I have undersoil heating

- I have another new contract (3 years, keep up in prem)

icon_smile.gif

(I didn't sleep last night, think I am addicted again! God bless easter holidays) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

god bless easter holidays... except when you go away and can't play it until monday evening.... icon_frown.gif

great season by the way.

Well, I gave up on this idea almost before I began last time around and decided to give it a proper run-out this time around.

As is obvious from my username I come from Namibia so it only made sense for me to take up the challenge in Iceland. It being the lowest ranked country wasn't enough for me so I also took up the team that was predicted to finish bottom of the league, Hvöt

And so, I was born into the FM universe.

Now, most of my squad is on youth contracts, my most notable exception being a 38 year old Serb.

Let the game begin!

Oh, and when this fails I will (hopefully) begin anew with a team promoted at the end of this season.

Limhamn IF - Season 2009 - Swedish First Division South

Media Prediction: 1st

Acutal Postion: 1st

Fans Player Of The Year: Mohammed Tadayon

Best Eleven: Best XI

Finances: Finances

This year started off with the yearly board expectations, and when I recieved them I couldn't believe it, the board wanted me to win the league after just gaining promotion! I knew with me current team I stood no chance, so I went into the transfer market and brought six new players, while I lost only one player, he was one of my key players, I lost him for 45k, I was sad to see him go but I felt he needed to move on to brighter turfs.

the season started with a Swedish Cup game a lower league team beat me 2-1, I had already failed one expectation, so I knew I had to get promoted or else, after 10 games we were 4th and we stayed there until after 19 games, then we moved to third and grabbed second by the 21st game, Mellerud were the team above us by 3 points, but by the 23rd game we had cut it to 1 point, two games later we were top and ended up winning the league, by two points clear.

The board were estatic and let me know that I had kept my job, we however weren't do so great financally, as we are now 100k in the red and it's getting worse, hopefully it will sort itself out, i'm pleased I met the boards expectations, my aim is now to finish mid-table in the Elite League.

Titles: Swedish Second Division South Gotland Champions, Swedish First Division South Champions

Nation Cofficent: 25th

@Gundo: For the first 3 or 4 seasons my Domestic Player Bias was running 18-20, as I couldn't much scout outside my nation nor could I attract anyone to come. By the time I established myself top of the league and a CL/UEFA Cup regular, my Domestic Player Bias was dropping, as of last I played it was 3 I believe.

The reality is I do have a bias, I try every season to buy any good Polish regens, its just that the quality of player I can get by scouring the globe is such that I only can make use of the top top Poles. I do however try to develop the ones I do get, there are 4 Poles who are in the rotation and I've sold several to other clubs who are also making an impact. I'm hoping eventually the Poland manager gets the boot and I can take the job.

But in short - yes, the majority of my players come from abroad.

Originally posted by Gundo:

For those of you who are currently competing in Europe; what is your domestic player bias rating in manager profile screens?

20. Its been there since season 2, and has never budged. (Even though I've only bought a handful of N. Irish players, and my current 1st team has just 5 in amoung them.

For those of you who are currently competing in Europe; what is your domestic player bias rating in manager profile screens?

Can't check yet (though I should have my computer back very soon, so I'll be able to continue the Meldert game, finally). From memory, I think it's been 5 for the past few years.

In domestic games there need to be 6 Belgian players in the match squad, which is why it doesn't drop below 5, I suppose. I'm only just reaching that quota the last few years though, with most of the six required players on the bench.

Like pjtopor, I wouldn't mind playing more Belgians, it's just not easy to find good ones. Belgians who are good enough for my squad are good enough to play abroad as well, so they choose midtable teams from better leagues instead. I can only sign them when they're still young, and then tie them up with long contracts until I can't keep them anymore.

There's some interesting variations of ratings then amongst users across the board.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I'd reckon that it'd be impossible to keep it at 20 if you wanted to win the Champions League. You'd surely have to go abroad, right?

Well aaberdeenn, I'm contemplating trying to complete this challenge buying Scandinavian players only. I think if I where to limit it to Norwegian only, it just wouldn't be possible to complete or make very very difficult?

Thinking about it, maybe it would be possible although it would take some time.

You'd have to completely forget about progressing in Europe for quite a few years and solely concentrate on bringing in Norwegian youngsters and using top training facilities and youth academy develop them. Your squad with Norweigen players should be able to win the league, it's just a matter of developing a good number of players that can compete on the international stage.

Very difficult but certainly possible.

Woo-hoo! I'm through to the All-Ireland Cup final for the first time ever! I don't deserve to be there, but what the hell. Beat Drogheda in a thriller 4-3!!!

Come on!

Won the title already and am in the Norn Iron cup final for the 3rd year running.

Chmel Blsany, Czech First Division 2010-11

Media Prediciton: 16th

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

Final Position: 8th http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9171/finaltablejune2011ue2.jpg

Czech FA Cup: 4th Round

I was hopeful of being able to attract better players to the club after promotion but it was not to be. A frustrating summer break saw me able to sign just a few promising youngsters. My loanees of previous years wouldn't come back either because they had secured first team spots with their own clubs or because the club now saw me as 'a divisional rival'. I manged to get a few youngsters on loan from Sparta Prague and Slavia Prague but they only acted as squad cover. Luckily my young team had developed meaning avoidng relegation was a pretty straightforward task icon_biggrin.gif.

We had a great start to the season beating Sparta Prague 3-0 in just our third game and later thrashing Most 5-0. Either side of the winter break, we had a bad run which saw us slip out of the top 6 and into the bottom half. We managed to recover however and ended up going unbeaten for the last 9 games. Just like the 2nd division, it was really tight. At various times, we were only 4 or 5 points back from a European qualifying spot yet only 5 points clear of trouble at the same time!!

One main problem was a lack of consistency from my strikers. Denisevics, the hero of the last two years, struggled to adapt to the higher level and only scored 6 all season. My other main strikers were youngsters on loan from Sparta Prague. Olivier Mukendi showed flashes of brilliance but only managed 9 league goals and Jeslinek was a waste of space.

Unfortunately, the club was losing money all year and we ended up 1mil in debt icon_frown.gif The stadium now hold 4500 all-seater but even sell-out home games don't seem to bring in the cash. As a result of this, I had to let star left-back Morisseau go when the offers started to come in. He wanted to move on and a 500k offer from Sparta was too good to refuse. If the clauses are activated, we will get another 500k during the season and I got a 35% sell-on in there too icon14.gif

Denisevics has also left after a 250k from a 2nd diviison team came in. I think he'll be happier at a lower level anyway. I also manged to offload a couple of youngsters who weren't making an impact meaning I am nearly debt free going into the new season but also desperately in need of a left-back, and back-up strikers and wingers...

The season ahead...

This time, the board expect a mid-table finish and quarter-finals in the cup. Annoyingly, there's no transfer budget again despite the sales icon_mad.gif Plus, no players who can improve the squad want to sign... I'm still optimistic that I can make mid-table agin though. There's a couple more young guns ready to break into the first team and loan signings will have to flesh out the squad again.

Club Coefficient: -

Nation Coefficient: 19.875 (21st)

Domestic Titles: not yet

The story so far...

2008/9: Czech 2nd Division, 6th

2009/10: Czech 2nd Division, 1st

2010/11: Czech 1st Division, 8th

Lisburn Rangers – 2014/15 – Northern Irish Premier Division.

Media Prediction: 2nd

Final Position: 1st

Irish Cup: Lost to pens in the final against Glentoran after 1-1 draw.

League Cup: Lost in semis to Ballymena 5-3.

Antrim Cup: Lost in quarters to Ballymena on penalties.

All-Ireland Cup: Beaten 4-2 by Derry in the final.

Champions League: 1st qualifying round defeat against Anorthisis Famagusta 3-2 on agg. I drew the 1st leg 1-1 and scored early on in Cyprus, but lost 2-1. Shame.

Top-scorer: Gary Johnson – 33 goals.

Team coeff: 490th – 0.385

National coeff: 43rd – 1.167

Final League Position

Best XI

A good season, but slightly disappointing in the cups. I never looked in doubt by winning the title after I went on a 18 game winning streak. I progressed nicely in the All-Ireland cup, incredibly reaching the final and causing Derry some problems. I still haven’t spent any of my 100k transfer and my finances are looking quite healthy (still around the 1m mark.) With several EPL and Championship sides after my young starlets, I have to hope I can fend them off or at least receive a decent offer. My facilities are being upgraded again and my stadium is having 180 extra seats installed, which will bring my overall capacity to around 1,500. The long wait to become professional begins!

Gantofta IF - 2009 - Swedish Second Division South Gotaland

Media Prediction: 9th

Actual Position: 4th

League Table

So progress has been made, but we were never really challenging for that promotion place. Once again it was a season of two halves as you can see from our progress. I had similar problems to last season as I lacked strength in depth and I still lack a few key players, particularly in defence and midield as my front two Jagne and Thellin seem to be doing just fine icon_smile.gif.

Also the financial situation seems to be worsening...

Anyway next season I am hoping for promotion although the board are only want a respectable finsh so we'll see.

Originally posted by pl-fikander:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

(Swe) Premier 2010 Limhamns IF pl-fikander -

</pre>

I'm not in Premier (Allsvenskan) Division, but in First (Superettan) Division Elite, Swedish 2nd tier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noted and amended. icon_wink.gif

Season 2016/17 Review - Sirocco Works in the Carnegie Irish Premier League

League Table

Perfect, again icon_cool.gif

CIS Insurance League Cup - won, beating Glentoran 5-2 in the final.

County Antrim Shield - won, beating Glentoran 3-0 in the final.

Irish Cup - won, beating Glentoran 3-1 in the final.

Setanta Sports Cup - won, beating Shamrock Rovers 3-1 in the final.

Yet another season of total domestic dominance.

The European Adventure

After beating Marsaxlokk, Zrinjski and Zurich in the qualifiers, I qualified for the group stages again.

Group Results

Sirocco Works 1-1 Benfica

AEK 2-1 Sirocco Works

Real Madrid 2-1 Sirocco Works

Sirocco Works 3-0 Real Madrid

Benfica 2-1 Sirocco Works

Sirocco Works 1-3 AEK </pre>

CL Group B

This was the end of the journey, sadly this was the first time I had taken a step backwards in Europe.

Squad

Transfers

After the early Euro exit I decided to start rebuilding my squad. I sold a couple of unhappy players who had been key players and replaced them with cheap eastern Europeans.

Star Player

On fire again, 391 goals for the club now.

Club Coefficient: 34.222

Nation Coefficient: 15.833

League Titles: 7

Season 2016/17 Review - Sirocco Works in the Carnegie Irish Premier League

League Table

Perfect, again icon_cool.gif

CIS Insurance League Cup - won, beating Glentoran 5-2 in the final.

County Antrim Shield - won, beating Glentoran 3-0 in the final.

Irish Cup - won, beating Glentoran 3-1 in the final.

Setanta Sports Cup - won, beating Shamrock Rovers 3-1 in the final.

Yet another season of total domestic dominance.

The European Adventure

After beating Marsaxlokk, Zrinjski and Zurich in the qualifiers, I qualified for the group stages again.

Group Results

Sirocco Works 1-1 Benfica

AEK 2-1 Sirocco Works

Real Madrid 2-1 Sirocco Works

Sirocco Works 3-0 Real Madrid

Benfica 2-1 Sirocco Works

Sirocco Works 1-3 AEK </pre>

CL Group B

This was the end of the journey, sadly this was the first time I had taken a step backwards in Europe.

Squad

Transfers

After the early Euro exit I decided to start rebuilding my squad. I sold a couple of unhappy players who had been key players and replaced them with cheap eastern Europeans.

Star Player

On fire again, 391 goals for the club now.

Club Coefficient: 34.222

Nation Coefficient: 15.833

League Titles: 7

Good season dafuge. icon14.gif You'll have to go the whole season without conceding a single goal in the league now that would be quite something. With regards to Europe, do you get the feeling that it is possible to complete this challenge with a club from N.Ireland?

Good season dafuge. icon14.gif You'll have to go the whole season without conceding a single goal in the league now that would be quite something. With regards to Europe, do you get the feeling that it is possible to complete this challenge with a club from N.Ireland?

I'm still not sure. Up until this season I was always getting that little bit further in Europe but I think I'm hitting a wall, I'm still miles behind the big clubs in Europe and there's not much more I can do to bridge the gap.

Limhamns IF 2010 (Season 3) - Swedish Superettan

Media prediction - 10th

Board expectation - safe midtable

Final league position - 11th. Table, Graph

Swedish Cup - 3rd round again, this time 1:3 against Djurgarden

Other info:

Club information. The stadium again is bigger, but the mystery has been solved - it is owned by another club, our rivals Bunkeflo IF. It's nice to see your local rival paying for places for your supporters. icon_wink.gif

Finances. Much better now, thanks to the loan from new chairman and much greater attendance in Superettan - our average attendance has risen from 414 last year to 1151 this season.

Season summary:

The takeover that saved us from certain bankrupcy could push us back down to lower divisions, as the transfer embargo was in place - I've managed to sign only three players before, two loanees from Premier Division, and one free transfer, an experienced goalkeeper Michał Sławuta, who was totally disappointing this year. In first half of the season we won only 3 games, drawing another six to collect 15 points and stay only one point over relegation zone. After the summer transfer window was opened and I could bring some new players (mostly loanees again, as almost no quality players wish to join our club) we played much better - 21 points gained in second half of the season and safe finish 7 points clear of relegation.

Season 2017 Review - Gestrike-Hammarby IF in Swedish Premier Division

Domestic champions again, and my first season in the CL.

Domestic

League Table

Past Positions

Simply dominated the league. IFK Göteborg came a little closer toward the end, but we still finished with a comfortable margin.

Transfers

Letting Furnes go may not have been the best of decisions considering he ended up the league's best goalscorer, but monetarily a good piece of business.

Swedish Cup Final

Winners for the fourth year in a row now, though it took extra time to separate us from Malmö FF.

Season Summary

Furnes having a ridiculously good first season for IFK.

Transfer Cancelled

I actually wanted to offload this guy, but I haven't ever seen anyone reject a transfer out for this reason before. Then again, he's now complaining about wanting to move to a bigger club...

Champions League

Champions Cup Qual.2 Leg 1

Champions Cup Qual.2 Leg 2

Frankly a little surprised we couldn't win the home leg more decisively, but it was enough.

Champions Cup Qual.3 Leg 1

Champions Cup Qual.3 Leg 2

Out on away goals... To be perfectly honest, we were second best for the better part of both legs.

UEFA Cup

EURO Cup 1st Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Rnd Leg 2

Odense didn't put up much of a fight, but again -- not very decisive results at home, especially considering the sending off.

EURO Cup Group Stage

Heerenveen this year as well... All in all not an easy looking group.

EURO Cup Group C, Werder Bremen

EURO Cup Group C, Poli 1921

EURO Cup Group C, Heerenveen

EURO Cup Group C, Tottenham

Some really pleasing results here. Tottenham were expectedly a size too big for us, but we grabbed more points than the previous two years.

Euro Cup Group C

Not a lot between the top 3, but thanks to our 5-0 beating of Poli 1921 we got the 2nd spot.

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Rnd Leg 1

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Rnd Leg 2

Really annoyed with the penalties we gave away... We were clearly the better team throughout both games. icon13.gif

Club Coefficient: 33.201 (78th)

Nation Coefficient: 21.833 (19th)

Domestic Titles: 2

I am back at my parents at the moment, but I think I could be headed down this season. With 10 games to go I am struggling, and getting beat convincingly. icon_frown.gif I need to change tactic, my 3-4-3 is far too attacking. Really struggling for goals too. icon_frown.gif

Oh well, it might do me good to drop down.

Gutted

What made it worse was that 90th minute injury cost me the goal, my player went down injured and they dribbled round him lying on the floor before scoring the winner.

Unlucky icon_frown.gif Echoes of Steve Bruce against Sheffield Wednesday and Solskjaer/Sheringham against Bayern. Could this be part of the game code? icon_wink.gif

dlnwba86 - Afan Lido - Welsh Premier - Season 1

Expectations weren't high after my first failed attempt in Iceland.

League Table -16th/18

After a poor start, an excellent mid season run saw us move up to about 12th before another poor run brought us back down to 16th but the bottom two were comfortably relegated prettyn much from day one and i was never in danger of being caught.

We had a few good wins against port Talbot, Haverfordwest and a 5-1 win against Caersws. So i think the potential is there. hopefully i can get rid of the deadwood and bring in some better players because to be honest apart from the top 3 -4 teams, everyones players are naff, including mine.

Goalscoring was my problem and my leading scorer only managed 8.

Onwards and upwards, if we can finish in the top 12 then i will see that as good progress.

Got my computer back (on which I was playing the Meldert game).

New power supply. But C: drive gone. icon_frown.gif

Have to take it back (and apparently it's far from certain whether the contents of the C: drive can be recovered.)

Meldert's road to glory may have hit an eternal dead end. icon_frown.gif I'll know in a week or so, probably.

This is getting annoying now, I've completely rebuilt my squad over the last couple of seasons to make money by selling my unhappy players. The players I've brought in to replace them are now getting unhappy about wanting to move to bigger clubs.

Archived