Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Yeah, GAK were one of the teams that came up. In a moment of madness that's who I chose. Then I remembered the exhiliration when I got the news on my Poartglenon save that the board had decided to build a new stadium after all those years, named after me. Even though I don't want the ridiculously difficult (ie my home nation) I don't want to stroll through this.

Well, I'm not good enough to really stroll through this anyway but you get the drift

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Pluto is ineligible in this challenge.

Is that because it is......

Too far away?

Too cold?

Not in Europe?

Been downgraded from a planet to a something or other? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Breaking News

Pluto will be hosting the Champions League final in 2010 after FIFA accepted a bid from the Plutonic Chairman - Avram Grant. They will also be able to enter next year's competition as they became an official member of Europe earlier today.

It's true... Honest icon_biggrin.gif

Linfield Fc it is best to use a formation which is best to fit your teams ability.

For example if you have to good wingers and a striker who is good at heading, then obviously it would be best to use that to your advantage.

I am also managing Rasharkin and I have won the Premier Division for the last 3 seasons, but it is hard to tell you a good tactic because I don't know your teams strengths and weakness'. All I can say though is once you find the right tactic things become extremely easy in the league and with the right tactic you will be dominating Northern Ireland in no time.

It's always the case in very low leagues like NI that most your players will be generally rubbish but may have 1 or 2 slight strong points. Trying to fit them into a tactic is just foolish since they can only do a couple of things competently. You have to build the tactic around what you have.

(Just because its on my computer, and I haven't put it up yet......)

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2033/34 (Season 27) - N. Irish Premier Division

To begin.........

1500th Game as Knockbreda manager. What an achievement.!

1500 Game - Stats

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - Q Rd. 3

UEFA Cup - 2nd Knockout Round

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Semi-Final

N. Irish Premier Division - Graph | Table

Co-Efficients - Knockbreda - 60th | N. Ireland - 17th

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Awards -

A. Smylie - Goal of the Month (Special mention, due to having all 3)

A. Smylie - N. Irish Player of the Year

A. Smylie - Player of the Year

Lopez - young Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

A. Smylie - Golden Boot Winner

A. Smylie - Top Goal Scorer, 100 Goals (League only)

Other Info -

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Team Info Screen

Team Selection Screen

Players of the Season

Charles Strain - 90 assists this season, need I say more?

Andrew Smylie - 204 season goals, 100 in the league. Legend.

Season Summary

N/A (Don't remember it, lol)

History

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 19 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 20 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 21 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 22 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 23 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 24 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 25 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 26 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 27 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 23

Club Co-Efficient, 60th

Nation Co-Efficient, 17th

The guy has got to have just set all the records for goals, average rating etc in the records thread. Thats quite some performance, also he is the first player in any NI save I've seen that I've thought, he is genuinely a top quality player £5M value at least playing in England.

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 15/16 (Season 8)

Media Prediction: 1st

My Prediction: 1st

Final Position: 1st

Cups

Champions League Defeated by Valur in the 1st qualifying round.

Northern Irish League Cup: Winners.

Irish Cup: Winners.

Antrim Cup: Winners.

All-Ireland Cup Reached the semi-finals before losing 4 - 0 to Cork City.

Probably the easiest of all the seasons i've managed so far. We won 4 trophies this year including the league and we are dominating easily. We were top of the league from the 6th game right up until the end and we never looked like slipping. Finances are stronger than ever and we are quickly gaining on Linfield as the richest club in Northern Ireland. Are improvement this year was also cpped with a good performance in the All-Ireland cup where we managed to come top of our group and reach the semi-finals before being defeated. The only downside to this year was when this happened but luckily a few days later, this happened and everything was okay again.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Club Coefficients

Player of the Season: Dean Evans - 5 Seasons in a row now for Dean and he is truly amazing. He scored 72 goals in all competitions this season, breaking the clubs record and bringing his total to 321 in 281 games. 1000 goals here he comes icon_razz.gif

Signing of the Season: Steve Evans - Another Arsenal trainee who has done fantastic at Rasharkin in his first season. The only bad thing is that I only got him on a 1 year contract and he has accepted a contract offer from Sheffield United and he will be leaving in July.

The Career So Far..

League

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Year Division Position Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D Pts

08/09 Northern Irish Second Division 2nd 22 11 5 6 40 26 +14 38

09/10 Northern Irish First Division 4th 22 9 7 6 37 21 +14 34

10/11 Northern Irish First Division 1st 22 13 4 5 39 18 +21 43

11/12 Northern Irish Premier Division 5th 30 14 6 10 49 30 +19 48

12/13 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 3 3 79 33 +46 75

13/14 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 2 4 79 32 +47 74

14/15 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 20 3 7 65 33 +32 63

15/16 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 4 3 84 28 +56 73</pre>

Europe

Year Tournament Round Total Coefficients Rank

12/13 Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round 0.054 461st

13/14 Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Euro Cup 1st Round 0.439 437th (+ 24)

14/15 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.439 450th (- 13)

15/16 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.495 457th (-7)</pre>

Competition Honours

Northern Irish Premier Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016</pre>

Northern Irish First Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Second Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Runner Up - 2009</pre>

Northern Irish League Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016

Runner Up - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016</pre>

Northern Irish Antrim Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner 2013, 2014, 2016</pre>

Northern Irish Intermediate Cup

Nagykáta SE (Hungary) 2008/09

Media had us predicted to finish bottom, but we ended up finishing 10th (Table), in a season which, after a shaky start, can only be described as the definition of mid-table mediocrity (Graph).

Knocked out of the Hungarian Cup in the 1st round by a first division side - not surprising really.

Didn't start with any players so had to start from scratch. The summer transfer window is only a month long in Hungary though (20th June-19th July). This lead to a mad rush to get those players that were on month to month contracts. No one particularly special, except Lakatos who is a nice 17-pace striker.

Only trouble now is finances, which went £50k into the red at the end of the season, so decided to cut spending. Trouble is we are already filling most of our small 1,000 capacity stadium.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

204 goals!!!!

icon_eek.gif

I bet he will leave in pre-season.

icon_biggrin.gif

He doesn't seem to want to leave. I mentioned somewhere, that I keep him on a 5 year deal permanently, (in 2033 I offer contract to 2038, then in 2034 until 2039 etc) - and my chairman has never sold a player over my head, so it looks good icon14.gif

Originally posted by Quacky:

The guy has got to have just set all the records for goals, average rating etc in the records thread. Thats quite some performance, also he is the first player in any NI save I've seen that I've thought, he is genuinely a top quality player £5M value at least playing in England.

Yea he's got most of 'em. Also, he's scored over 500 club goals now, and he not even nearing his peak icon_biggrin.gif \o/

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 16/17 (Season 9)

Cups

Champions League Defeated by Buducnost in the 1st qualifying round.

All-Ireland Cup Knocked out in the group stages.

At last, my first unbeaten season as manager of Rasharkin. This season saw me win all the Northern Irish cups and win the league by 26 points. The club's reputation has improved also greatly and I signed some brilliant players like Tomas Benes, Tom Lamacraft and Jan Kucera. This season was also the seaon that Rasharkin became Proffesional and at the end of the season the board announced some plans to expand the stadium by 2147 seats.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Club Coefficients

Player of the Season: Dean Evans - Fantastic as usual from Dean. He broke last seasons record of 72 goals, by 12 goals as he scored 84 this season. His average rating was also the best of his career as he averaged a rating of 8.23, I think he is reaching his peak. He now has 405 goals in 336 games.

Signing of the Season: Keith Jackson - Keith became my biggest signing of my Rasharkin career as he cost us £925k. Him and Dean were lethal up front, scoring well over 100 goals between them.

The Career So Far..

League

15/16 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 4 3 84 28 +56 73

16/17 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 28 2 0 108 18 +90 86</pre>

Europe

15/16 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.495 457th (-7)

16/17 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.550 459th (-2)</pre>

Competition Honours

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017

Runner Up - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017</pre>

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 17/18 (Season 10)

Cups

Champions League Defeated by Dinamo Bucharest in the 2nd qualifying round.

Northern Irish League Cup: Lost to Coleraine in the semi-Final.

Irish Cup: Lost to Cliftonville in the 6th round.

All-Ireland Cup Knocked out in the group stages.

After last season's success in almost all domestic competitions and an unbeaten league campaign, I can actually say that we did not perform to well this season. We only lost 1 game, but it was a game that we should have won easily. We lead the league from pretty much the beginning which is a good point, and the board have decided to expand the stadium for the second season in a row. I'm beginning to think why they don't just build me a new stadium. Another good point is that we are slowly doing better in the champions league and if we'd have won in the 2nd qualifying round, we would have been been playing against AC Milan, which would have brought in quite a bit of money, unfortunately I didn't get that far though.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Club Coefficients

Player of the Season: Dean Evans - I might as well just say he's player of the season every year icon_biggrin.gif He now has 473 goals in 387 games for the club and 22 goals in 34 games for Wales.

The Career So Far..

League

16/17 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 28 2 0 108 18 +90 86

17/18 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 26 3 1 101 21 +80 81</pre>

Europe

15/16 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.495 457th (- 7)

16/17 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.550 459th (- 2)

17/18 Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round 0.934 437th (+ 22)</pre>

Competition Honours

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017

Runner Up - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018</pre>

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

Forgot to mention about Dean Evans winning the European Golden Boot icon_smile.gif

any interest in him from 'big' teams yet?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm, yes loads, including Celtic, Rangers, Reading and Sunderland. icon_biggrin.gif

But his loyalty is fantastic and he doesn't get unhappy if I reject offers. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by ridleys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

Forgot to mention about Dean Evans winning the European Golden Boot icon_smile.gif

Umm, yes loads, including Celtic, Rangers, Reading and Sunderland. icon_biggrin.gif

But his loyalty is fantastic and he doesn't get unhappy if I reject offers. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is his personality?

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

But his loyalty is fantastic and he doesn't get unhappy if I reject offers. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is his personality? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fairly Ambitious

Originally posted by ridleys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

What is his personality? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fairly Ambitious </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even more remarkable then that he doesn't want to jump ship. icon14.gif

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 18/19 (Season 11)

Cups

Champions League Defeated by Debrecen in the 1st qualifying round.

All-Ireland Cup Lost 4 - 2 in the Final against Cork City, so close icon_mad.gif.

Do I really need to summarise every season? It's obvious i'll win the league so I cba icon_biggrin.gif

League Table

League Positions Graph

Club Coefficients

Player of the Season: Dean Evans - 557 goals in 443 games for Rasharkin and 24 goals in 38 games for Wales.

The Career So Far..

League

16/17 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 28 2 0 108 18 +90 86

17/18 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 26 3 1 101 21 +80 81

18/19 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 5 1 94 27 +67 77</pre>

Europe

15/16 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.495 457th (- 7)

16/17 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.550 459th (- 2)

17/18 Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round 0.934 437th (+ 22)

18/19 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.548 456th (- 19)</pre>

Competition Honours

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019

Runner Up - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019</pre>

Sporting Fingal 2008/2009 Review

So end of first season and i managed to meet the boards expectations finishing 6th, it really was a struggle and it was only until the July transfer window where i managed to sign a couple of players rated over 1 gold star!

Next season things will start getting intersting and i plan a detailed preview for 2009/2010 and regular updates

End of Season

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Jesus Christ Ridleys.! 3 updates in about 15 posts span.! Whoooooooooo. You've certainly got a lot of time on your hands. First this, then stealing my ham market. icon_mad.gif

I have been ill all week.

Have a lot of time on my hands icon14.gif

Cheers for the Ham as well icon_biggrin.gif

Sporting Fingal 2009/2010 Preview

About to start my second season so i thought i would share my delightful squad with you all!

nb - i will only write about my first team players rated over 2 stars.

Player [Pos, Nationality, Age, Assistant Rating] – Fibgal League Games, Fingal League Goals, Fingal Av Rating

Chris Binnion (Gk, SCO, 28, 4 Stars)- 44, 0, 6.59

Club Captain and first choice keeper signed from Dundalk last season, had a disappointing season last year and under pressure from media but is one of the mos highly rated squad players

Nick Moore (GK, ENG, 19, 3 Stars) - 0, 0, N/A

New signing after being released from liverpool, has great physical stats

and looks a real prospect

Chris Howard (DRC, IRE, 18, 2 Stars) - 17, 0, 6.88

Loan signing from returning from Shamrock Rovers is seen as back-up and has ruled out injured for 5 months with a hip injury

Michael Barber (DLC, IRE, 17, 3 Stars) - 0, 0, ,N/A

Loan signing from Dundalk is very brave with extremely high natural fitness

Andy Gill (DC, ENG, 18, 4 Stars) - 14, 5, 7.29

A signing from Chelseas youth academy, the backbone of our defence and attrcting interest from the Irish Premier teams

Dean Lawrence (DC, IRE, 21, 3 Stars) - 0, 0, N/A

new signing from Shamrock Rovers has great determintaion and bravery

Aidan Price (DC, IRE, 28, 2 Stars) - 31, 1, 6.65

A first team player last year will hopefully only be needed as back-up this time around

Shaun Holmes (D/Wbl,DMC,MLC, N.IRE 1 Cap,29 ,3 Stars) - 29, 0, 6.79

A key member in midfield last season will be first choice left back this year

Chris Dawson (MR, IRE capped u19,18, 4 stars) - 12, 0, 6.83

Highly rated winger who will be harder to keep as his attributes rise

Stephen Hughes (MC, ENg Capped u21, 33, 1 star) - 3, 0 ,6.67

Ex english premier player has the skills to be as success as long as we can keep him fit

Thomas Butler (AML/R, IRE 2 Caps, 28, 4 Stars) - 0, 0, N/A

New signing from Bray Wanderers has struggled since Leaving Premiersip Sunderland 9 years ago but at 28 should demolish this level of football

Alan Cawley (AMR/C, IRE, 28, 3 Stars) - 42, 7, 7.07

Another ex English Premiership player, was the real quality player last year with great technical ability

Bobby Ryan (AMR, IRE, 30, 3 Stars)- 38, 0, 6.84

Signed as first choice right winger last year, we are trying to re-train as a left winger to accomodate Dawson

Nialle Rodney (SC, ENG, 19, 3 Stars) - 19, 17, 7.26

Free transfer from Nottingham forest Mid season provided the lift we needed, awful finishing stats are made up with high comppsure and pace

Vinny Sullivan (SC, IRE, 28, 2 Stars) - 38, 20, 7.11)

Last years top scorer is not highly rated and has no stand out stats but will still be considered a first teamer

Season is about to begin, please let me know if you need any screenshots etc?

I wish I could express how much I love my friend. The bastard has been hounding me for years, insisting that I should keep backups of everything I want to keep in case the computer crashes. Being a lazy slob I've never listened..

Long story short, he had my computer for a day last week, fixing some stuff I managed to mess up. He took a copy of all my saved games of every game I have installed, all my pictures and personal files.

What does this mean in the greater scheme of things? He had a copy of my Portglenone save! I may have lost a season (back to december of the update I had begun writing) but I have it back!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

So yeah, I'm back!!

Originally posted by Icelander83:

I wish I could express how much I love my friend. The bastard has been hounding me for years, insisting that I should keep backups of everything I want to keep in case the computer crashes. Being a lazy slob I've never listened..

Long story short, he had my computer for a day last week, fixing some stuff I managed to mess up. He took a copy of all my saved games of every game I have installed, all my pictures and personal files.

What does this mean in the greater scheme of things? He had a copy of my Portglenone save! I may have lost a season (back to december of the update I had begun writing) but I have it back!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

So yeah, I'm back!!

Woohooo icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by kccircle:

Back on the case

Starting in a league I've never played in before.

Hungary!

I've chosen to play as Tisza Volan SC-Szeviep. I'll call them Szeviep for short.

Her is my profile

Wish me luck! All my players have yth after their names icon_biggrin.gif

My team have the Man City effect of playing in light blue. Going to restart as is just makes for ridiculous viewing. Something SI need to look into IMO

Originally posted by Icelander83:

So yeah, I'm back!!

He should be nominated for 'friend of the year'. icon14.gif

After reading about your mishap and rescue, I backed up all my saves too! icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by The_shocker7:

Thomas Butler (AML/R, IRE 2 Caps, 28, 4 Stars) - 0, 0, N/A

New signing from Bray Wanderers has struggled since Leaving Premiersip Sunderland 9 years ago but at 28 should demolish this level of football

Any chance of a sreenie of him?

Archived