Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Regarding the Kenneys, I think there are some regens with hardcoded names and abilities.

I've just had a look at my unbeaten runs; I haven't lost a domestic game in 341 matches (132 league games, 63 cup games, 16 supercup games and 130 league cup games). A year ago I reached the first knockout round of the CL, beating Fiorentina, CSKA Moscow and PSV Eindhoven on the way; this year I barely scraped past the first qualifying round and was kicked out in the second, playing all-grey Montenegrin and Cypriot clubs respectively. I think I'll wait for the patch, thanks very much. icon_rolleyes.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gundo Congrats on winning the Norwegian Cup, a great achievement and a sound victory in the final. I can see why you are disappointed with your League form icon_frown.gif

Something spooky has occurred to me! You mentioned that Ringstad wasn't firing on all cylinders for you this season. If you remember i was bemoaning his efforts a while back. I checked my notes and blow me it was exactly the same season! I can only think that he'd married Cheryl Tweedy and was caught cheating on her and it affected his game icon_wink.gif

Nepenthez You must be pretty pleased with your draw. Progress is a real possibility for you there. icon_smile.gif

Pjotpon Welcome to the challenge icon14.gif

Annihilator666 Congrats on reaching the Quarter finals. A pretty good achievement in itself, although i'm sure you were frustrated icon_rolleyes.gif

Boskovic A pretty good season on the domestic front, well done mate icon_biggrin.gif

Konquest Welcome aboard the Viking Longship icon_cool.gif

As for me i've not had much time recently to play, but will do so tonight.

Currently Skjetten have played 17 games and we sit 11 points clear of our nearest challengers (Aaeslund do have a game in hand over us!). For the second year running we've qualified for the group stage of the Champions League. I'll post all the details later, but i know that we've got Liverpool in our group icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

Gundo Congrats on winning the Norwegian Cup, a great achievement and a sound victory in the final. I can see why you are disappointed with your League form icon_frown.gif

Something spooky has occurred to me! You mentioned that Ringstad wasn't firing on all cylinders for you this season. If you remember i was bemoaning his efforts a while back. I checked my notes and blow me it was exactly the same season! I can only think that he'd married Cheryl Tweedy and was caught cheating on her and it affected his game icon_wink.gif

Could well be the case. icon_biggrin.gif

To be honest I suppose he couldn't keep up his blistering form for every single season he plays? It's still unbelievable that the guy isn't wanting out aswel. I'll be looking for a marked improvement from him this season though.

Right I'm off to organize Randabergs annual pre-season tour of Poland. icon_cool.gif

My highest profile signings to date have just taken place: Midfielder Morten Hæsted and the veteran GK Espen Johnsen, I think Johnsen will make a decent coach once he retires aswell. icon14.gif

After realising Wales is not a competitive enough country to play, and complete this challenege in like many others have already said, I've decided to put hold to my Afan Lido game and perhaps go back to it later in the year.

One question though;

Should I go back to my game in Greece (Season 09/10)

Or start a new game in one of the Scandinavian Leagues?

Your opinions are welcomed icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

After realising Wales is not a competitive enough country to play, and complete this challenege in like many others have already said, I've decided to put hold to my Afan Lido game and perhaps go back to it later in the year.

One question though;

Greece is a lot warmer, however you could join us lot in Scandanavia and be able to discuss available players etc.

For example, if you opted for a tean in Norway Gundo and I would probably suggest you buy Stian Ringstad icon_wink.gif

One question though;

After being in so deep 4-5 seasons in in Wales, the only problem I've had is settling in another country, well, that and a run of absolutely abysmal luck.

It can be a bit disheartening to be honest but I'm plugging away until somewhere I find comfortable.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

anyone noticed quite a defined split in the challenge...? icon_wink.gif scandanavia and eastern europe? not forgetting you N. irelanders of course!! icon_biggrin.gif

which group will win through!!! ha ha

The Vikings will conquer all! icon_biggrin.gif

anyone noticed quite a defined split in the challenge...? icon_wink.gif scandanavia and eastern europe? not forgetting you N. irelanders of course!! icon_biggrin.gif

AFAIK Turkey is bugged to hell and back with registration issues - same goes for Israel too; I would have expected those teams, and Greece to be the big movers and shakers, particularly with having large, affluent leagues. Russia as well now I come to think of it.

Wales will NEVER be viable because the money is just laughable, league and Club Rep means you'll never actually demand the fees for players they deserve and the club will never grow.

It would be an interesting experiment (not for this challenge though) to give one of the Welsh teams a loaded Sugar Daddy and see how the kudos from that played itself out. IM(not so)HO that's the only way any team from Wales could compete.

It would be an interesting experiment (not for this challenge though) to give one of the Welsh teams a loaded Sugar Daddy and see how the kudos from that played itself out. IM(not so)HO that's the only way any team from Wales could compete.

I was actually thinking of this earlier on.

Would be very interesting to see if it could happen.

Wales will NEVER be viable because the money is just laughable, league and Club Rep means you'll never actually demand the fees for players they deserve and the club will never grow.

You've caught me in your net! I'm putting my Brestnik game on hold and getting the first flight to Wales!

I start my new job on the 11th and in the mean time i've got pretty much nothing to do, bring on the sheep, BAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bnek:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wales will NEVER be viable because the money is just laughable, league and Club Rep means you'll never actually demand the fees for players they deserve and the club will never grow.

You've caught me in your net! I'm putting my Brestnik game on hold and getting the first flight to Wales!

I start my new job on the 11th and in the mean time i've got pretty much nothing to do, bring on the sheep, BAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually LOL'd!

Trust me, 4 seasons of it being you, Llanelli and TNS, and you'll start getting annoyed. Oh and the fact you cannot run at a profit unless you win the cups year in, year out; league money is nothing.

Ah I forgot, oh yes, the cups...

Well on one side you have The FAW Cup, which is great until Swansea, Wrexham and Cardiff hit town int he quarter finals and make you all look like the amateurs you are.

Then there's one where grey teams usually do for at least 15 of the 18 league teams by round five.

Oh and yes, the challenge cup, where TNS and Llanelli will kick you black and blue for fun and profit.

Enjoy.

The Welsh league has a reputation of 7. I play in Iceland, with a league reputation of 5 and comparable player valuations, and I've just made the richest clubs list. It's totally viable, just takes longer than in the bigger leagues.

Originally posted by endtime:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The Welsh league has a reputation of 7. I play in Iceland, with a league reputation of 5 and comparable player valuations, and I've just made the richest clubs list. It's totally viable, just takes longer than in the bigger leagues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Out of curiosity - how much money do you get for the league?

12k pounds. And the standard squad bonus for winning the league is 325k pounds.

Though the biggest joke is the league cup, which yields 10 pounds (that's right, a tenner) and the standard bonus is 80k pounds.

Despite all that, the club is worth around 25 million pounds, we have a brand new stadium with 15000 seats and a 10 million transfer kitty. You just have to learn how to use the transfer system to your advantage.

good luck in Wales bnek. you're a brave man

quick update on my Chmel Blsany game... three league games in and i'm 0-2-1. not too despondant though as played the 2 teams relegated and competed with them. both were away too.

going forward, i'm not too bad, and have scored 3 goals in last two games. (Smejlak has 2... icon_wink.gif ) just need to tighten my defence a bit, as opposition are breaking my defence far too much for my liking, and only my loan GK, Rui Patricio (sp?), a portugese U-21, is keeping the scoreline respectable. if i can tighten that without losing too much of my cutting edge i should be ok.

Czech Republic, it's a great place to be!! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

The Vikings will conquer all! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Norse Gods are on the rampage once again icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by endtime:

12k pounds. And the standard squad bonus for winning the league is 325k pounds.

Though the biggest joke is the league cup, which yields 10 pounds (that's right, a tenner) and the standard bonus is 80k pounds.

Despite all that, the club is worth around 25 million pounds, we have a brand new stadium with 15000 seats and a 10 million transfer kitty. You just have to learn how to use the transfer system to your advantage.

i think that's the key for many leagues in this challenge. i'm already £100k in debt with Blsany, and i'm not at end of August!! icon_redface.gif i have spent about £400k in the transfer market though. my way of managing this will be to have a decent team, have a crack at promotion, and try and make profits on players to keep the books balanced.. once i get promoted, it should be better, and i'm taking a calculated gamble to try and achieve this ASAP

Just like Lance Armstrong there, I want to start this once the new patch is out. I'm hoping the registration bug and other problems in the Turkish second division get sorted out as I'd like to play there and try to smash the domination of the big 3 in Istanbul icon_wink.gif

Sorry Gundo icon_wink.gif

But it dosen't look like I'll be able to sign Stian - worth 65k and I ain't got no dosh. icon_frown.gif

I couldn't sign him until the start of my second season and I had to do some transfer dealings in order to raise the necessarily funds.

Best of luck with Randaberg. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

Ely Rangers - pretty much my local team! icon_biggrin.gif

And thanks Gundo icon_smile.gif

Tjough, I don't undertsand why the board won't give me any transfer funds as we have nearly 1 million in the bank!

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know!

I was very shocked when I seen it!

But I'm not complaining.. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

Ely Rangers - pretty much my local team! icon_biggrin.gif

And thanks Gundo icon_smile.gif

Tjough, I don't undertsand why the board won't give me any transfer funds as we have nearly 1 million in the bank!

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know!

I was very shocked when I seen it!

But I'm not complaining.. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I started their they had 660k and we didn't get any money for transfers until we reached the top flight 5 seasons later. That money will disappear instantly once you gain promotion to the 1.divisjon, because you'll get stadium expansion to meet with the required capacity for that div.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

OUCH!

I've just found out Dinas Powys have a starting rep of...

Ack!

Hmmm, we'll see. I've just finished a wee bit of DB editing... time to see if a pumped up Bangor with an excellent Chairman and Manager can push on...

surely that makes your achievements even better..... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Truegunner:

Gundo, is it alright if I put RGOUR Minsk up to the belarusian third divsiion, so that they will get promoted to the second division?

You mean by using the editor? If so then no it isn't, use of the editor is not allowed. Sorry.

Update - SalPa - 2018 Post/Pre Season

------------------------------------

Awards

------------------------------------

Fans Player of the Year - Patrick Lagerblom

Season Best 11

Overall Best 11

Premier Division Team of the Year - Nurmi, Tukiainen & Kekkonen

Young Player of the Year - Tony Levola

Attacker of the Year - Tony Levola (3rd)

Premier Division Top Goalscorer - Patrick Lagerblom (3rd)

Goalkeeper of the Year - Miikka Nurmi

Manager of the Year - Argurios Morningstar

Defender of the Year - Heikki Tukiainen (2nd)

-------------------------------------

Youth Player Watch

Best Youth Player - Timo Koskinen

The best player from this years intake

Nobody has been promoted to the first team squad this season

Jarno Turonen (2009-14)

Petri Eskola (2010) - Petri was a solid left back last season but has been replaced with new signing Jaakko Kangas for this term

Tapio Linna (2010-12)

Jarkko Kekkonen (2010) - Jarkko is considered to be the key man in the team by much of the media

Antti-Pekka Moilanen (2011-12)

Antti Holopainen (2012) - Antti is a very reliable back up player. Antti was involved in the Finnish National setup last season

Patrick Lagerblom (2014) - A very good goalscorer

TRANSFER INFO

Jaakko Kangas - Jaakko will replace Eskola as first choice left back for this season

Lauri Dalla Valle - I first bid for this player 9 seasons ago and have finally landed him. He is now my best player stats wise.

SEASON PREVIEW

Title Odds / 6-4

Media Prediction / 1st

We are the favourites to win the lague this year for the first time ever and i feel with the signings we can go on to win easily. Im really hoping for a cup final too

Stadium Expansion

The board have announced an expansion to the stadium and have taken another loan out of £1.2mill. We have also had an investment of £1.1mill which has cleared our debts. The stadium expansion will take 9 months and wont be ready till the end of the season. Even thoughtour debts have been cleared the board still refuse to give us any transfer funds

--------------------------------------

Dodu are the new team from Bucharest to grace the top tier of Romanian football after promotion from the Second League Group 2.

Despite finishing 1 place outside the promotion places, they were promoted because newly crowned champions Poli II 1921 are ineligable fro promotion due to them being the reserve squad of Poli 1921!

Full report to come tomorrow because i have to go play in a 5 a side league icon_cool.gif

Archived