Sorting Clubs in Group Stage Using Advanced Continental Rules

BoyInGreen

Hi,

I'm currently working on a European Super League at the moment and in the group stage I have four groups of 16 each. I would like to sort the 64 teams by reputation so that the 16 teams with the highest rep go into Group A and so on and so forth. I'm not sure though which option I should use in the Group Settings panel for sorting the clubs. In the main panel for the stage I have sorted the teams by descending reputation if that helps. If anyone knows how to handle this, that would be great, Thanks.

Not sure it's possible that way. There is an option to "Use Reputations To Seed Teams" but I think this one assumes you want to have four equal strength groups.

A question: what is it that you want to do when you sort the teams according to reputation? Wouldn't it be easier to have four sub-divisions with a play-off after that if you still consider all groups to be on the same level? You could also have four divisions if you want to see Group A as only league where the champion will come from.

Hi Fredrik,

What I'm aiming to do is assign 4 playoff places to division 1, 2 playoff places to Div.2 and one each to 3 and 4, so that all 64 clubs have some chance of winning the Super League. The problem with using sub-divisions is that I would have to set the qualifying places for each subdivision in stone, whereas I would like smaller clubs to be able to progress gradually from D4 to D1 over time as their reputation improves. I hope that helps.

Ok, I see. What you are after makes sense but I'm afraid I don't know how to solve it. This is one area I'm struggling to figure out what to do myself(I'm trying to set regional groups for the USA Adult Association but the Florida clubs end up in strange combinations).

Archived