A tactic to suit my players?

So, I'm managing in a very small nation but have also been in other leagues in the same game, and had a bit of success here and there although without any consistency. But at my latest club, I'm really struggling. I have a feeling that the latest team, it's mainly a case of finding a system that suits the strengths of my players, but it's hard to find a balance of these things.

Problem(s) – Generally, I'll win one, then lost two or three on the spin, often by wide margins. It's like sometimes it just "doesn't work". I have a young squad due to massive debts I inherited which doesn't help but I should be the best team in this league.

Shape/formation – I've tried many different ones, so I can't really say which one is the issue!

The team and level you are playing – Guatemalan Top Division with CSD Municipal

Expectations – To win the league

Fixtures

Tactic I'm Currently Using

Some of the players I am trying to build around, and the normal position they're being used in:

Keegan Village AMC

Christian Monterroso SC

Miguel Monterroso MC

Cristian Jimenez DC (and also DR sometimes)

Erwin Aguilar DC

Jose Luis Estrada DC (either with Jimenez at DR or on the bench)

I have plenty more high potential players in the squad, but those are the ones who I feel can do a job now, and my tactic needs to exploit their strengths....

Any more info you need, ask!

Decide how you want to play. Who do you want to score goals? Who do you want to set up those goals? Do you want to initiate attacks slowly or quickly? Do you want to counter your opponent or build something up?

It's hard to pick a formation/tactic without answering questions like that first.

Monterroso will be my goalscorer clearly. Keegan Village is my best player and so I would expect he'll be looking to get the assists. Beyond that, it's just a case of whatever suits my team best. Which is why I posted the attributes of my best players. Around that it'll just have to be the best players for the job and looking to sign a few improvements in other positions...

Archived