Youth only save

Have anyone here tried a youth academy challenge in FMT?

I like the training additions to FMT and I just hate the media/player interaction side of things. I think they take too much of my time, and I simply doesn't like my Assistant to handle it.

I've always gotten 3-6 youth players in FMT and I'm afraid that just won't cut it in a youth only save.

So a couple of questions:

1. Will there be enough quality players to choose from, and will there be enough players period?

2. Will I be much hindered by not selecting tutoring? Or will the feature with squad personality give pretty much the same results?

3. Am I missing somerthing else that makes this difficult in FMT?

Often you get small intakes, which can hinder a youth only save. The lack of control over tutoring is a real issue though, the cpu often IMO chooses awful tutors. Combined with maybe not getting to tutor players you do want tutored is annoying.

Another problem is, depending on league/club, you could be at a small club and if big bids come in for your players, the chairman can sell them behind your back. The game expects you to replace them in the transfer market, of course. Had a save recently, where including every player in the first team squad and reserves, I had only 14 players. :lol:

I have thought about doing a save like this but like BoxToBox said those are the problems you get in this mode.

I think maybe the best way to do it in this mode would be to allow signings of young players say under the age of 18 that are not at any clubs.

I have thought about doing a save like this but like BoxToBox said those are the problems you get in this mode.

I think maybe the best way to do it in this mode would be to allow signings of young players say under the age of 18 that are not at any clubs.

I done that in a save in 15, was better alright.

• Administrators

The size of your squad can impact how many come through as youth at the end of the season (as well as how many are needed across the save game). With a smaller squad you should see more youth coming through

What is considered a small squad? on FMC15 I am getting media questions about the size of my squad being big and this is with a first team squad of 22/23 players and a few of those were promotions of youths from the reserves.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Lucas

What is considered a small squad? on FMC15 I am getting media questions about the size of my squad being big and this is with a first team squad of 22/23 players and a few of those were promotions of youths from the reserves.

I'd like to know, as a Touch save is appealing - but not if there's inadequate intakes to support this type of game.

• Administrators

Not being able to have backups for positions would be considered a small squad, so less than 15 would be small as there would be a number of positions in need of more players.

Also bear in mind the game will take into account whats needed for the save game, the number of players dropping out of the save due to retirements etc, and the numbers needed to create to keep numbers at roughly the same level as what you started with.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried a youth academy challenge several times with FMC15. I find it very difficult especially with lower league clubs.

I also noted that I never got more than 5 players per intake and the composition was always the same.

Player 1: GK

Player 2: Defender

Player 3: Defender

Player 4: Midfielder

Player 5: Midfielder

I have never had a striker come through my youth ranks. When my intake is small, 3 players, I don't even get midfielders.

Problem I always encounter is that the better players don't want to renew their contract because the squad is not of sufficient strength to suit their ambitions.

So that means that 2 good players tend to leave each year and I am unable to get 2 quality players back in via the youth intake at the same time to prevent the next batch from leaving.

I find it hard to break this cycle.

• 9 months later...

Into my 14th season with Ergotelis of Greece. Youth intakes increased in size with the upgrades to youth facilities, from 4-5 in the first year to a maximun of 12 or 13 in a year. Never really had a problem with squad size, though for a couple of years I didn't got cover for certain positions in the team.

Havent figured how to assign tutoring myself, the game seems to do it on its own and had a lot of cases of argues between the 2 in the training ground.

The problem I have is constantly losing our best players to bigger clubs, but I regard that related to our still low reputation as we only played couple of times in CL so cant really compete to Barca or Liverpool. Plus, my chairman really loves money and tends to sell even when I dont.

• 1 year later...

Yep.. doing a youth only deep down in Italy on FMT 18 and its still the same. Only get 1 player each year... funny thing is I holidayed a year before taking over a club that got promoted and in that year they had a full intake with like 7-8 players :idiot:. Can this pleeease be looked into for FMT 19?

Archived